5 (8.6%)
moehrpi
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 24, 2019, 11:12:55 am

*Author

Offline immortal feud

• Reputation Power: 8
  • immortal feud is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Elements League 3/2019 3rd Place13th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 2/2019 2nd PlaceWinner of 12 Lives #5Elements League 1/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290820#msg1290820
« Reply #900 on: June 12, 2019, 12:40:09 am »
glad i died, covered up my mistake of forgetting to send in night actions.
gl town
recovering firestall addict

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290821#msg1290821
« Reply #901 on: June 12, 2019, 12:50:23 am »
*sigh*

I was going to post the following:

I'm inclined to think the following exchange was feud softclaiming extra Nymph and showing an investigation of Cal as mafia:

[15:18:50] ‹immortal_feud› dd how much should i reveal when answering your question
[15:18:58] ‹immortal_feud› bbs
[15:22:17] ‹ddevans96› don't claim role
[15:24:26] ‹ddevans96› answer the question to the best of your ability, without actually giving anything away
[15:25:15] ‹ddevans96› if that makes sense
[15:25:25] ‹ddevans96› there's some nuance, it's hard to explain exactly what I would do

What about that situation leads you to vote on Cal?

simply i caught a firefly and dont know what about that piece of information justifies lynching me

It is very possible that feud could actually just be what we've been calling 'bad town', so I'm opening to not immediately lynching Cal (I would be comfortable with any lynch but Root), but this is the direction I'm advocating for.

But feud's death post kinda just dumps on that.

InsignificantWeeaboo (1) - ddevans96

The game has been compromised five or six times and I'm beyond stressed because of it, I'm just gonna put my vote on IW because he was my first scumread and because we've established an information web regarding him, and not talk a lot lot more right now.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290822#msg1290822
« Reply #902 on: June 12, 2019, 12:50:57 am »
To be clear - lynch whoever you want, as long as it's not Root. I probably won't try to convince people otherwise.

Offline Mobian

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Mobian is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290824#msg1290824
« Reply #903 on: June 12, 2019, 01:52:22 am »
Out of Root or Ginyu, ONE of them is a mafia Psion. We should take efforts to determine which one can't be trusted. Dd, I would like to request you hit me with immaterial so I can buff trusted townies.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290827#msg1290827
« Reply #904 on: June 12, 2019, 04:26:53 am »
So, someone is the Anubis (or maybe fate egg?) who targeted Linkcat. What we know is

1.) ddevans claimed Anubis but said he did not target anyone
2.) mathman, Ginyu, and I have yet to role reveal
3.) Linkcat was immaterialized in Night 2 (I think?), meaning the Anubis plausibly self-targeted on Night 0
4.) IW's target failed on Ginyu

So, can anyone confirm or deny whether ddevans is immaterial? Same goes for mathman and Ginyu.

Initially I thought that ddevans was the Anubis who targeted Linkcat (and, by extension, likely a fellow mafia). This was the simplest explanation - he made an honest roleclaim early in the game when he was unsure if there were any Psions in the game, but lied about never targeting Linkcat to avoid drawing suspicion.

Now, I'm less sure, with IW's target on Ginyu failing. It could be shock, or it could be that Ginyu was an Anubis who self-targeted. It could be a second mind flayer, but with so few roles unrevealed, I'm skeptical that one exists.

The tricky part is that IW could be a mafia lying to throw us off. Part of me wants to lynch IW - if he turns up civ, at least we know he was telling the truth. But then the mafia Anubis could still be between ddevans/Ginyu, or it could be that IW was roleblocked by shock and math is the Anubis.

At the very least, I'd like to know who shock targeted last night. If he targeted IW, this clears things up a little bit.

We could try targeting ddevans+Ginyu+mathman tonight with the various roles we have, and see what fails and what succeeds. But, in the meantime, we still need a lynch for today.

I still support the shock lynch. Seeing Linkcat and Espithel turn mafia only reinforces my conviction. We saw on Day 1 that Linkcat diverted focus from Espithel. He's done similarly with shock, claiming he's an almost guaranteed civ, pushing votes away from him. And when shock fakeclaimed GN, it put the civs at serious risk of having the real GN counterclaim, thus preemptively revealing their role. I really can't reiterate this enough. The last mafia may still be ddevans, but it could be Ginyu as well. But we can get more info on the immaterial situation tonight, so I'd rather delay that decision if possible. Yes, I'm "tunneling" shock, but that's because he's the most likely mafia based on solid reasoning.

InsignificantWeeaboo (1) - ddevans96
shockcannon (1) - RootRanger
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290828#msg1290828
« Reply #905 on: June 12, 2019, 04:36:02 am »
I haven’t used my ability last 2 nights. There is 100% a second mind flayer.

InsignificantWeeaboo (2) - ddevans96, shockcannon
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290840#msg1290840
« Reply #906 on: June 12, 2019, 08:27:10 pm »
InsignificantWeeaboo (2) - ddevans96, shockcannon
ddevans96 (1) - mathman101

I'm sorry, but I still feel like dd is mafia, and that he and link were playing the good cop / bad cop routine on us.
something....something....something.....

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290844#msg1290844
« Reply #907 on: June 12, 2019, 09:02:27 pm »
You should elaborate on what you mean by 'good cop / bad cop', because I don't see that at all.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290845#msg1290845
« Reply #908 on: June 12, 2019, 09:05:49 pm »
Like...'good cop / bad cop' is two people actively working together and using different methods to interrogate someone. Are you just talking about bussing, or are you referring to something that Link and I were on the same page about at some point?

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290846#msg1290846
« Reply #909 on: June 12, 2019, 09:09:08 pm »
I'm inclined to think the following exchange was feud softclaiming extra Nymph and showing an investigation of Cal as mafia:

Well, I believe it's pretty safe to assume feud targeted MW and got the GN N3, so the only night he could have investigated is N4, but he made it pretty clear he tried to target Root during N4.
There is the possibility that feud managed to get two investigations of, but that would require him targeting MW as early as N1, which is really hard to believe.

To be clear - lynch whoever you want, as long as it's not Root. I probably won't try to convince people otherwise.

Why specifically not Root? Feud's ability failing on Root, IW's claim that he targeted me, and shock's claim that he got targeted by the mind flayer 2 nights in a row makes me think that there is a good chance that Root is immaterial, despite claiming otherwise, and mafia.

Also, I don't like the lynch of IW, I think he's just making a bunch of mistakes, and we haven't lynched for that.

I believe we should just go for a lynch on Ginyu, as IW's ability failed on him, but I am also open to a lynch on mathman.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290847#msg1290847
« Reply #910 on: June 12, 2019, 09:20:20 pm »
There’s 6 town 2 mafia right now. Can we all roleclaim now? We really have nothing to lose by roleclaiming and saying what we did. There’s only 3 people unclaimed. Either your role is useless or mafia is going to kill you next night phase.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290848#msg1290848
« Reply #911 on: June 12, 2019, 09:29:15 pm »
There is the possibility that feud managed to get two investigations of, but that would require him targeting MW as early as N1, which is really hard to believe.

I don't think it's that unlikely. Multiple people believed MW was GN based on his hard read on Espi Day 1. Maybe he was paying closer attention than he let on.

Why specifically not Root? Feud's ability failing on Root, IW's claim that he targeted me, and shock's claim that he got targeted by the mind flayer 2 nights in a row makes me think that there is a good chance that Root is immaterial, despite claiming otherwise, and mafia.

Root is the only true town read I have the moment (some, including you, at neutral+, but no others at town), and the game situation (as you have outlined) is currently one that if I'm wrong and he's mafia, we will know sooner rather than later, with plenty of time to spare. He would have no room for error. As such, I would rather consider lynching him next round and look at other options this round.

Also, I don't like the lynch of IW, I think he's just making a bunch of mistakes, and we haven't lynched for that.

We have exactly one lynch that wasn't 'orchestrated' or a confirmed mafia, and they flipped mafia. We're 1-for-1 on lynching people based off their play.

I believe we should just go for a lynch on Ginyu, as IW's ability failed on him, but I am also open to a lynch on mathman.

I would prefer to lynch Ginyu over math, as well. I lean more town for math currently, because I highly doubt mafia would continue pushing a lynch on me at this stage of the game - me flipping town would look very bad for them.

blarg: