0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 24, 2019, 11:12:55 am

*Author

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290144#msg1290144
« Reply #540 on: May 30, 2019, 06:16:55 am »
It clearly only takes a tiny bit to move the scales away from me, given that I've survived at the very end twice.

This but vise versa. If you say anything remotely scummy, "the scales" will tip not in your favor. I still think next lynch will come down to another vote hopping session unless GN is lynched. And the hopping will be on you and someone else.
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290145#msg1290145
« Reply #541 on: May 30, 2019, 06:22:13 am »
He's saying GN shouldn't target someone who is likely to die soon. This makes sense, because it would make the GN target less useful. Keep in mind that a GN reveal tomorrow is likely still not the best play, in which case we'd have no surefire way of ensuring that ddevans isn't lynched if GN discovers he's civ. In other words, if GN checks dd tomorrow and finds he's civ, then town tries to lynch dd, GN can either 1.) roleclaim (bad idea) or 2.) drop hints/do nothing (dd could die anyways, in which case GN has no useful info anymore).

That being said, publicizing desired GN targets isn't great either, since mafia can NK those targets.

We want the GN to have as many living former targets as possible upon roleclaiming. People mentioned 3 as a target number and I think this is reasonable - it would mean a Day 5 reveal in the best case. So, GN should target whoever he thinks is least likely to die - from lynch or NK alike.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline MasterWalks

• Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290146#msg1290146
« Reply #542 on: May 30, 2019, 06:24:58 am »
Spoiler for chat log:
[19:03:09] ‹Espithel› ‹@MasterWalks› Ping, I guess
[19:03:45] ‹Linkcat› Someone post the chat log for today.
[19:05:02] ‹MasterWalks› i kinda want a mafia voice channel now. It would be slower, but easier to catch up on.
[19:05:10] ‹MasterWalks› ‹@Espithel› i responded
[19:06:14] ‹Espithel› Also, yeah
[19:06:16] ‹Linkcat› ‹@Espithel› Sign up as Boss.
[19:06:22] ‹Espithel› We need to have a big talk about allowing us talking in blab
[19:06:27] ‹Espithel› It's becoming a huge prob -
[19:06:32] ‹Espithel› ‹@Linkcat› But then I can't be with JCJ
[19:07:15] ‹Linkcat› We have to change to a discord channel.
[19:08:24] ‹Linkcat› We may*
[19:08:43] ‹Linkcat› For future mafias.
[19:13:18] ‹Mobian› ‹@Linkcat› That's my plan, or create a new blab channel solely for mafia
[19:14:05] ‹MasterWalks› doesnt discord auto delete messages once there have been a certain amount?
[19:14:46] ‹Espithel› Nope.
[19:14:53] ‹Mobian› Although, if we were to use a new blab channel, I would request no guest posting allowed
[19:15:02] ‹Espithel› I have a 2-year-long philosophical werewolf rp with my bae.
[19:15:07] ‹Espithel› I can go back to the very beginning
[19:15:08] ‹Espithel› Trust me
[19:15:11] ‹Espithel› Discord good
[19:15:58] ‹MasterWalks› well thats a sentence i have never hear before and probably never will again
[19:16:31] ‹Mobian› Damn furries :P
[19:16:42] ‹Espithel› Mate it's not even damn furries
[19:16:44] ‹Espithel› Seriously
[19:16:57] ‹Espithel› Imagine having a person inside of you that's equally inteligent, equally capable of thought
[19:17:02] ‹Espithel› Like
[19:17:15] ‹Espithel› If they're both equally sapient - they're both worthy of human consideration as equal
[19:17:20] ‹Espithel› And one of them does a crime.
[19:17:27] ‹Espithel› They're bound to each other. How do you punish the other?
[19:17:37] ‹Espithel› how do you *not* punish the other
[19:18:22] ‹mathman101›
(6d10) 5 + 4 + 6 + 7 + 5 + 5 = 32 ...
[19:18:33] ‹MasterWalks› Hey insig, can you translate weeb talk?
[19:18:33] ‹Espithel› Or, like
[19:18:43] ‹Espithel› Werewolves tend to be stronger than humans, yeah?
[19:19:04] ‹Espithel› How does that translate into societal norms if the wolf is of equal sapience and communication and has the same level of equality as a human?
[19:19:10] ‹Espithel› Should they have the same level of equality?
[19:19:25] ‹Espithel› What if it's a 60ft white-furred ocean-glassing death monster?
[19:19:28] ‹Espithel› Is it still equal?
[19:23:15] ‹Espithel› And don't even get me started on institutionalised pozzing
[19:24:06] ‹Mobian› I think I know MW's role....
[19:24:19] ‹Mobian› Based on how he's been talking
[19:25:01] ‹MasterWalks› ‹@Mobian› guess
[19:25:22] ‹Mobian› Psion
[19:26:03] ‹MasterWalks› cool
[19:26:15] ‹Espithel› I can absolutely guarantee you he's not a psion.
[19:26:21] ‹Espithel› If he is, he's currently lying.
[19:26:32] ‹Espithel› And Walks isn't malevolent.
[19:29:24] ‹Mobian› ‹@Espithel› How can you be certain?
[19:29:39] ‹Espithel› Because he things I'm an FFQ.
[19:29:42] ‹Espithel› I'm not an FFQ.
[19:29:53] ‹Espithel› So you have two options:
[19:29:58] ‹Espithel› Walks is a Psion, is lying about my role
[19:30:03] ‹Espithel› Or Walks isn't a Psion
[19:30:06] ‹Espithel› Pick one.
[19:30:25] ‹MasterWalks› or walks didnt target you
[19:30:48] ‹Mobian› Or, you are lying about your own role
[19:31:31] ‹Espithel› I suppose those are also possibilities.
[19:31:35] ‹InsignificantWeeaboo›
(5d9) 5 + 4 + 3 + 7 + 1 = 20 ...
[19:31:49] ‹Espithel› Yet, if he is a psion and didn't target me, er.
[19:31:53] ‹Espithel› Why not?
[19:33:53] ‹Espithel› Like, really. He thinks I'm scummy as fuck.
[19:37:58] ‹Espithel› Although, the mafia having two FFQ is interesting.
[19:38:04] ‹Espithel› One of the two*
[19:38:05] ‹Espithel› whoops
[19:38:55] ‹Mobian› We don't even know for sure if there ARE 2. I suspect one of them was a fate egg
[19:39:20] ‹Espithel› That's also a possibility.
[19:39:41] ‹Espithel› I guess we'll know tomorrow. If two are catched again, that's weird.
[19:40:22] ‹Mobian› Yup, but I doubt it. We're getting to the point where more people will be using their abilities
[19:43:14] ‹Espithel› We have three more shots at getting a scum, yeah.
[19:43:23] ‹Espithel› Before lynch or die, I mean.
[19:45:02] ‹Mobian› Hrmmmmm. We definitely want to be super careful with our lynches now. I'd rather not lose more townies
[19:56:20] ‹dawn_to_dusk› So we know a few roles now
[19:56:28] ‹dawn_to_dusk› That's fun
[20:05:42] ‹Espithel› Oh!
[20:05:46] ‹Espithel› Before I forget!
[20:06:17] ‹Espithel› ‹@Mobian› If I lie about my role, it'll contradict something I said on day 1. I'm honestly surprised no one's noticed it.
[20:24:53] ‹Mobian› ‹@Espithel› What would that be?
[20:33:25] ‹Espithel› ‹@Mobian› :^)

Small one. Mostly role guesses, more talks on multiple FFQs, and a ton of weird werewolf philosophy.

Offline MasterWalks

Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290147#msg1290147
« Reply #543 on: May 30, 2019, 06:27:04 am »
We want the GN to have as many living former targets as possible upon roleclaiming. People mentioned 3 as a target number and I think this is reasonable - it would mean a Day 5 reveal in the best case. So, GN should target whoever he thinks is least likely to die - from lynch or NK alike.

What if GN finds 2 mafia at the end of the night, should that warrant a post? I think outing half the mafia will give town enough boost to win without a GN.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290148#msg1290148
« Reply #544 on: May 30, 2019, 06:29:19 am »
WPSIC - mafia special

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290149#msg1290149
« Reply #545 on: May 30, 2019, 06:42:10 am »
If you say anything remotely scummy, "the scales" will tip not in your favor. I still think next lynch will come down to another vote hopping session unless GN is lynched. And the hopping will be on you and someone else.

He's saying GN shouldn't target someone who is likely to die soon.

Then make me not likely to die soon. Mafia would be idiotic to NK me right now, it gives town so much to work with. So just don't lynch me.

I realize I'm probably not going to convince anyone, but if I was a bystander in this situation, I would be borderline positive I'm town. If I'm mafia and I've lived under heavy scrutiny for two rounds, with none of the mafia giving themselves away as keeping me alive, and no confirmation that I'm mafia, town just straight up deserves to lose. I don't think there's any way this town could be that bad.

If people don't want to investigate me, I'm going to at least ask that they investigate IW. He meets MW's 'more quiet semi sketchy person' criteria.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline LinkcatTopic starter

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290150#msg1290150
« Reply #546 on: May 30, 2019, 06:59:37 am »
He's saying GN shouldn't target someone who is likely to die soon. This makes sense, because it would make the GN target less useful. Keep in mind that a GN reveal tomorrow is likely still not the best play, in which case we'd have no surefire way of ensuring that ddevans isn't lynched if GN discovers he's civ. In other words, if GN checks dd tomorrow and finds he's civ, then town tries to lynch dd, GN can either 1.) roleclaim (bad idea) or 2.) drop hints/do nothing (dd could die anyways, in which case GN has no useful info anymore).

That being said, publicizing desired GN targets isn't great either, since mafia can NK those targets.

This is the first Root post that I actually like, agree with all of it.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290151#msg1290151
« Reply #547 on: May 30, 2019, 07:08:47 am »
ddevans is town. We should use exactly 0 roles on him. ddevans should immortal himself. If you're feeling extra, feel free to put momentum on ddevans.

I'm personally going to treat ddevans as confirmed town from now on. I'm okay losing if ddevans turns out to be mafia after all he's done.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline LinkcatTopic starter

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290152#msg1290152
« Reply #548 on: May 30, 2019, 07:21:35 am »
If you say anything remotely scummy, "the scales" will tip not in your favor. I still think next lynch will come down to another vote hopping session unless GN is lynched. And the hopping will be on you and someone else.

He's saying GN shouldn't target someone who is likely to die soon.

Then make me not likely to die soon. Mafia would be idiotic to NK me right now, it gives town so much to work with. So just don't lynch me.

I realize I'm probably not going to convince anyone, but if I was a bystander in this situation, I would be borderline positive I'm town. If I'm mafia and I've lived under heavy scrutiny for two rounds, with none of the mafia giving themselves away as keeping me alive, and no confirmation that I'm mafia, town just straight up deserves to lose. I don't think there's any way this town could be that bad.

If people don't want to investigate me, I'm going to at least ask that they investigate IW. He meets MW's 'more quiet semi sketchy person' criteria.

Disagree, Day 1 and 2 are always a mess and it's believable that you avoided the lynch both days without any of your teammates putting themselves out there. You're good enough to not crack under pressure or show obvious scumtells. There would only be 3 other mafia, and 14-15 town. Mafia doesn't have much impact on the lynch early on. There could easily be one mafia bussing, one in the non-voters, and one on any player but you, and we wouldn't be able to pinpoint one just like that if you got lynched. If you were mafia I would not blame town at all, there's not much to go on this early. Being mafia doesn't magically make you easier to lynch.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290153#msg1290153
« Reply #549 on: May 30, 2019, 07:38:09 am »
After some chat with the players about the differences between the intended rules and the current rules, we got to an agreement that a few changes should be made to the game. I list these changes below.

I also mix in some clarifications and answers to questions.

• If an OU ability fails, you may use it again. (Did not change, just an answer to a question.)
  • There are no messages of "You have been blocked." There are only messages of "Your ability failed."
  • Fate Egg mechanics change! Now Fate Egg as a secondary role is revealed on death. I will retroactively update the second post's death table if any Fate Eggs died already.
  • Obsession has lower priority than Heal. I will update the role priority to reflect this.

Give me 2 minutes to update everything.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290154#msg1290154
« Reply #550 on: May 30, 2019, 07:43:29 am »
Disagree, Day 1 and 2 are always a mess and it's believable that you avoided the lynch both days without any of your teammates putting themselves out there. You're good enough to not crack under pressure or show obvious scumtells. There would only be 3 other mafia, and 14-15 town. Mafia doesn't have much impact on the lynch early on. There could easily be one mafia bussing, one in the non-voters, and one on any player but you, and we wouldn't be able to pinpoint one just like that if you got lynched. If you were mafia I would not blame town at all, there's not much to go on this early. Being mafia doesn't magically make you easier to lynch.

Yeah. I guess you're right. I'm just really demoralized. Thanks for the compliments, I suppose.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Mobian

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Mobian is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1290155#msg1290155
« Reply #551 on: May 30, 2019, 08:27:32 am »
Spoiler for chat log:
[00:18:19] ‹ddevans96› ‹@Mobian› can you log your conversation with Espi earlier?
[00:18:25] ‹ddevans96› history isn't loading for me
[00:18:55] ‹MasterWalks› ‹@Guest-MinorVampire-8edcc› I agree. T Storm is either super effective or a dead card.
[00:19:13] ‹MasterWalks› dont think its ever really worth running 6 in a deck for this reason
[00:20:43] ‹MasterWalks› If mobian doesnt log i can. Itll be a pain in the butt for me since my 12 lives happened at the same time so i will have to delete a ton of PMs
[00:21:36] ‹ddevans96› can turn PMs off
[00:21:42] ‹ddevans96› look at green buttons at the top
[00:21:51] ‹ddevans96› can also turn everything but actual chat off
[00:21:52] ‹MasterWalks› oh yea huh
[00:21:59] ‹MasterWalks› ill post it now then
[00:22:13] ‹ddevans96› first time I've ever used half of them was an earlier log tbh
[00:24:01] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from RootRanger in Forum Games. Eat this post.
[00:25:29] ‹MasterWalks› I just keep L/J turned off. I never touched any of the others
[00:26:01] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from MasterWalks in Forum Games. The post that refreshes.
[00:28:01] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from MasterWalks in Forum Games. Shhh... don't tell anyone.
[00:30:02] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from dawn to dusk in Forum Games. Sharp minds, sharp posts.
[00:33:30] ‹MasterWalks› What does that mean?
[00:33:39] ‹MasterWalks› WPSIC
[00:34:28] ‹kaempfer13› what people say in chat
[00:44:02] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from ddevans96 in Forum Games. With a name like that... it has to be good.
[00:48:51] ‹ddevans96› my head hurts
[00:48:54] ‹ddevans96› mafia too intense
[00:52:44] ‹MasterWalks› this mafia>last mafia
[00:53:06] ‹ddevans96› true
[00:58:10] ‹dawn_to_dusk› I've pieced some things together, including Shock's role, and some more stuff regarding the dd IW iancu trio
[00:58:30] ‹ddevans96› ye?
[00:59:17] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Better not to say Shock's role, there's probably a reason he hasn't told everyone yet
[00:59:44] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Can't exactly confirm it either
[01:00:01] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from Linkcat in Forum Games. Is this the beginning of the end, or just the end of the beginning?
[01:00:16] ‹dawn_to_dusk› But since Ian was town Oty, we assume that it was Ian who targeted dd
[01:00:42] ‹ddevans96› shock is GN. I'm convinced
[01:00:52] ‹ddevans96› I don't really care if I'm wrong at this point, I'll lean into it
[01:00:55] ‹dawn_to_dusk› I'm not
[01:01:20] ‹ddevans96› I was like 60% sure of it long before he claimed it
[01:01:58] ‹dawn_to_dusk› There are other ways he can be sure of Ian and your relationship
[01:02:15] ‹ddevans96› it's not about that
[01:02:46] ‹ddevans96› my suspicions had nothing to do with either iancu or me
[01:03:10] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Anyway, since it was town Oty, we rule out M/M/M trio
[01:03:23] ‹dawn_to_dusk› And I doubt Warden would target mafia
[01:03:27] ‹ddevans96› was there actually a legitimately belief that all three of us were mafia?
[01:03:30] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Yo I just joined
[01:03:40] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Hell yeah it's a party now
[01:03:46] ‹MasterWalks› there was a hope
[01:03:54] ‹MasterWalks› we wanted mega bussing
[01:04:04] ‹ddevans96› I mean, understandable
[01:04:06] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Very very slim chance but it would have been cool
[01:04:47] ‹dawn_to_dusk› I still doubt that 2 super aggressive town roles targeted the same player
[01:05:05] ‹ddevans96› the same player who half the game wants killed and the other half thinks is town?
[01:05:10] ‹ddevans96› nah, I don't doubt that
[01:05:36] ‹ddevans96› it means they're not both mafia, that's about it
[01:05:38] ‹dawn_to_dusk› That wasn't the case at N1
[01:05:45] ‹MasterWalks› ‹@dawn_to_dusk› if you know shocks role, can we be expected to believe his info dump?
[01:05:55] ‹ddevans96› was it not?
[01:06:27] ‹ddevans96› I mean, not as extreme, but there were definitely a number of people suspicious enough of me to go for it
[01:06:31] ‹ddevans96› 5-7 people
[01:06:42] ‹ddevans96› maybe more that didn't explicitly say
[01:07:03] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Tbh I'm still suspicious of mafia Egg
[01:07:31] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Which would mean Shock is mafia alongside a Psion
[01:07:43] ‹dawn_to_dusk› And Ian didn't use ability
[01:08:56] ‹ddevans96› still a possibility, yeah
[01:09:07] ‹dawn_to_dusk› So the people who pushed lynch on Ian, who conveniently voted for dd
[01:09:22] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Some would be mafia
[01:10:02] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from shockcannon in Forum Games. Enjoy!
[01:10:06] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Knowing that they could blame ian for the Oty kill
[01:10:24] ‹ddevans96› wtf I love shock now
[01:10:46] ‹dawn_to_dusk› This line of thinking also puts dd as town
[01:11:16] ‹dawn_to_dusk› ‹@MasterWalks› Yes
[01:11:27] ‹dawn_to_dusk› If he flips town
[01:11:31] ‹shockcannon› does immaterial block night kill?
[01:11:38] ‹dawn_to_dusk› No
[01:11:38] ‹ddevans96› no
[01:11:48] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Only offensive abilities
[01:12:01] ‹ddevans96› well, all secondary abilities
[01:12:17] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Well yeah
[01:13:08] ‹shockcannon› I dont think ian lied about being blocked n0
[01:13:10] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Also MW is going to be happy but I have suspicions of Espithel being mafia
[01:13:40] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Not enough to warrant me voting for him, but he's someone I'm looking at
[01:14:29] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Assuming I'm correct about his role as well
[01:14:42] ‹dawn_to_dusk› I sound like Shock, don't I
[01:15:13] ‹dawn_to_dusk› ‹@shockcannon› Why would he? He flipped town
[01:15:47] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Wait
[01:16:02] ‹MasterWalks› omg
[01:16:11] ‹MasterWalks› can you back me up on getting him blocked?
[01:16:37] ‹shockcannon› i think i'm dying tonight
[01:16:52] ‹dawn_to_dusk› ‹@shockcannon› I will carry on your legacy
[01:17:05] ‹MasterWalks› ‹@shockcannon› give us a mini info dump just in case you do
[01:17:07] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Why would Ian use his ability N0
[01:17:18] ‹MasterWalks› wait until the last hour of the night if you have to
[01:18:14] ‹shockcannon› I left a back up in one of my many previous posts
[01:18:24] ‹shockcannon› it'll only make sense if I die though
[01:18:47] ‹dawn_to_dusk› ‹@Submachine› If Oty is blocked, do they keep the ability?
[01:18:50] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Wait
[01:18:56] ‹MasterWalks› cmon, something more straight forward would be so nice
[01:18:57] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Mafia doesn't need a Psion
[01:19:35] ‹shockcannon› If I die
[01:19:46] ‹shockcannon› look through my past posts
[01:19:51] ‹shockcannon› the info is there
[01:19:54] ‹Submachine› ‹@dawn_to_dusk› If an OU ability fails, it is refunded, if that's what you want to know.
[01:20:20] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Damn
[01:20:21] ‹Submachine› By the way, there are no messages of "You have been blocked." There are only messages of "Your ability failed."
[01:20:47] ‹dawn_to_dusk› dd claims to have not targeted anyone
[01:20:51] ‹MasterWalks› also, is it confirmed that ian was not fate egg?
[01:20:55] ‹Submachine› And Fate Egg is never revealed when killed, it's in the role description.
[01:21:07] ‹MasterWalks› hmmmmm... not according to link
[01:21:41] ‹Submachine› Well... He didn't clarify that before Night 0 ended.
[01:21:51] ‹MasterWalks› Fair
[01:22:01] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from Linkcat in Forum Games. Shhh... don't tell anyone.
[01:22:05] ‹ddevans96› I guess he didn't feel like he needed to, bc FE was revealed on death last game, with the same wording
[01:22:09] ‹dawn_to_dusk› ‹@Submachine› it has the same wording as last game
[01:22:27] ‹dawn_to_dusk› And Egg had all roles revealed on death
[01:22:29] ‹Submachine› That is true, which I admit I found super weird, but not questioned it.
[01:22:48] ‹Submachine› *did not question it
[01:23:15] ‹Submachine› Should I make a role change on Night 2? I think the game can go on as normal with this change.
[01:23:33] ‹Linkcat› ‹@Submachine› It says 'or revealed' because of the old GotP.
[01:23:45] ‹ddevans96› did it affect anything besides iancu's death reveal?
[01:23:55] ‹dawn_to_dusk› You can make that change
[01:23:55] ‹ddevans96› if no, then I think it's safe to treat it the way Link did last game
[01:23:57] ‹Linkcat› Insig was Fate Egg last mafia and all his roles were revealed when he died.
[01:24:10] ‹dawn_to_dusk› I want to know if ian was egg
[01:24:21] ‹ddevans96› (for future mafias - should say 'revealed by a role')
[01:24:29] ‹dawn_to_dusk› ^
[01:24:55] ‹dawn_to_dusk› I hope Ian was Oty
[01:24:55] ‹Linkcat› I didn't consider a flip as the same as revealing.
[01:25:22] ‹Submachine› There's the misunderstanding then. I didn't call it a flip, i assumed that was the reveal.
[01:25:46] ‹Submachine› All dead players may or may not have been Fate Eggs. :sillyspin:
[01:25:56] ‹Linkcat› lol
[01:26:05] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Are you making the change then aaaa
[01:26:09] ‹ddevans96› bastard mod :silly:
[01:26:57] ‹Submachine› I prefer not making further changes unless really necessary. I hoped we could clear up everything by the end of Night 0.
[01:27:12] ‹Submachine› But I *CAN* make this change if it's demanded.
[01:27:38] ‹MasterWalks› I demand
[01:27:45] ‹Linkcat› All rules should be kept consistent with the previous game.
[01:27:57] ‹shockcannon› i dont think it makes a difference
[01:28:17] ‹MasterWalks› hush my shock child
[01:28:33] ‹Submachine› Fine then.
[01:28:42] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Thank
[01:28:52] ‹Submachine› But don't forget to post the related chatlog.
[01:28:56] ‹shockcannon› im still pissed i role revealed
[01:29:01] ‹shockcannon› and we still lynched ian
[01:29:17] ‹Submachine› I might also add the other thing Link told me to change.
[01:29:18] ‹dawn_to_dusk› You did that N0 with Flayer duh
[01:29:31] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Or whenever that was
[01:29:50] ‹Linkcat› Maybe we would've believed you if you weren't shock.
[01:30:41] ‹shockcannon› my gamble woud've worked perfectly if i was just slightly less aggressive about ian
[01:30:45] ‹Linkcat› Heal vs Obsession? That's a necessity, those abilities need to be ordered.
[01:33:09] ‹dawn_to_dusk› I'm leaving after Sub posts
[01:33:17] ‹dawn_to_dusk› I want to go home and eat
[01:33:18] ‹Linkcat› ‹@Submachine› Also, Coffee is due for a modkill if he doesn't post tonight.
[01:33:36] ‹Linkcat› I would really like to not have a modkill this time.
[01:34:06] ‹MasterWalks› mod kills suck. Even if its mafia it feels wrong
[01:35:45] ‹ddevans96› does him talking in chat about mafia not count?
[01:36:38] ‹Linkcat› Not with the current wording.
[01:37:36] ‹ddevans96› hm, okay
[01:40:00] ‹Submachine› There you go.
[01:40:01] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from Submachine in Forum Games. Awww yisssss. Mutha. Effin. Breadcrumbs.
[01:40:25] ‹Submachine› Also, it's a good point. Chat might as well count as talking in the topic..
[01:41:01] ‹ddevans96› nah, it shouldn't
[01:41:35] ‹Submachine› So, there. you guys already killed two Fate Eggs.
[01:42:09] ‹Linkcat› Real shit?
[01:42:27] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Everyone is a Fate Egg
[01:42:39] ‹dawn_to_dusk› We're really playing Easter Hunt
[01:42:46] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Sub is bastard mod
[01:43:01] ‹dawn_to_dusk› We aren't searching for mafia, we're searching for eggs
[01:43:09] ‹Submachine› Everyone may or may not be Fate Eggs. :silly:
[01:43:50] ‹Linkcat› ‹@dawn_to_dusk› You could be a Fate Egg.
[01:43:59] ‹Linkcat› dd could be a Fate Egg.
[01:44:02] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from ddevans96 in Forum Games. I found Waldo.
[01:44:03] ‹Linkcat› I could be a Fate Egg.
[01:46:36] ‹Submachine› I stay silent now, because I feel like I interrupted strategizing.
[01:46:45] ‹Mobian› Well, shit.
[01:46:55] ‹ddevans96› *sigh*
[01:46:56] ‹ddevans96› are you fucking
[01:47:02] ‹ddevans96› *sigh*
[01:47:26] ‹Mobian› I think we fucked this game up hella bad
[01:48:23] ‹Submachine› This is what happens when you change the rules mid-game.
[01:48:24] ‹Vineroz› mafia is hella bad \o/
[01:48:31] ‹Submachine› Blame Linkcat.
[01:48:54] ‹Mobian› Not what I meant
[01:49:03] ‹ddevans96› you...played last game, when FE showed all roles
[01:49:14] ‹ddevans96› and nothing in the wording changed to indicate that behavior should change
[01:49:20] ‹Linkcat› It's worth noting that this does not increase or decrease the chances of a GA being alive.
[01:49:54] ‹ddevans96› it doesn't -really- matter
[01:50:25] ‹Mobian› Fact of the matter is we lynched 2 of our wild cards
[01:50:35] ‹Submachine› I believe the way I did should have been how Link should have done it.
[01:50:42] ‹Mobian› It's unlikely that there's more out there
[01:52:30] ‹ddevans96› ugh
[01:53:05] ‹Linkcat› So who's down for an all Fate Egg mafia?
[01:53:14] ‹Mobian› It is what it is, and what it is is a mess
[01:53:17] ‹ddevans96› yeah. cancel this one and start it
[01:54:15] ‹Linkcat› The iancu flip just happened, so there's not really any impact for him.
[01:54:27] ‹Linkcat› JCJ being Egg is totally irrelevant.
[01:55:39] ‹ddevans96› wasn't me killing the angel specifically a reason some people were so adamant about trying to lynch me again?
[01:58:43] ‹Linkcat› Wasn't the point that they think you lynched the failed N0 kill? If so, him being Fate Egg doesn't change that.
[01:59:13] ‹ddevans96› ...
[01:59:32] ‹ddevans96› why the FUCK
[01:59:35] ‹ddevans96› would ANY mafia
[01:59:41] ‹ddevans96› do something so blatantly stupid
[01:59:43] ‹Linkcat› If they think a mafia Psion investigated him and you lynched him because of that, then that also doesn't change.
[01:59:57] ‹Linkcat› That's what I remember saying.
[02:00:09] ‹Linkcat› Mafia had a guaranteed NK if they really wnate him dead.
[02:00:30] ‹ddevans96› we just failed to kill someone who could be angel? better get our best fucking player (unless also Link or Root) to get him lynched so he looks suspicious the whole game!
[02:00:36] ‹ddevans96› did people actually think that?
[02:01:13] ‹Linkcat› At least one person did.
[02:02:15] ‹ddevans96› *sigh*
[02:02:25] ‹Vineroz› if everyone is overthinking, no one is overthinking
[02:02:28] ‹Submachine› If that rubbed anyone the wrong way, deepest apologies.
[02:03:08] ‹ddevans96› it sucks, but whatever. it's early in the game, it probably didn't actually change anything
[02:03:12] ‹ddevans96› don't worry too much about it
[02:03:21] ‹Submachine› :)
[02:05:12] ‹ddevans96› I'm just too worked up today to be thinking about mafia
[02:05:55] ‹ddevans96› like my brain shut off after the day phase ended
[02:15:31] ‹ddevans96› I'm gonna try to sleep. someone make sure everything gets logged
[02:15:33] ‹ddevans96› gn
[02:15:57] ‹Submachine› If this doesn't get logged by the end of the day, all players involved get modkilled. :silly:
[02:22:11] ‹Mobian› I'd log, but I'm currently on mobile
[02:24:09] ‹Submachine› It should be someone who's been here when all this started, because otherwise I cannot scroll up long enough.
[02:24:28] ‹Submachine› but dawn and dd both left.
[02:24:38] ‹Submachine› @Link: Have you been here when the above convo started?

blarg: