moehrpi
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 24, 2019, 11:12:55 am

*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289611#msg1289611
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2019, 10:18:59 pm »
Your argument's essentially that Scum!MW is trying to bus Scum!Espithel so that if one falls, the other one looks innocent.
You then want to lynch one of us to gain more information. You then decide to lynch me because you hate fun.

I'm just noting that I think it's a possibility - I'm not currently making a strong push one way or the other regarding it.

I'd like to poke you with two things, though.

Spoiler for quotes:
Oh this is super sketchy. Espi had options here.
He continues to use it without telling anyone. Thats real Mafia spirit. He uses a tool to his advantage until told otherwise.

The only thing this tool can do to rise suspicion is tell you if someone is sending a PM. So this doesnt role reveal meaning the only person this tool is harmful to is Mafia. The only people who wouldn't want this tool used is Mafia. So Espi asking in public is super weird. He couldve asked sub in private just as easy. But it sounds like he wants to tool banned. His excuse? The spirit of Mafia.
Damn good excuse tbh. HOWEVER, asking about its legality in public is still really weird. It doesnt sit right with me. Espi doesnt sit right with me overall tbh. Lemme break it down into pros and cons.

Not sure about any of this. If he was mafia, and wanted to use the tool to his advantage, wouldn't it have been the safer play to not post publicly, in order to not remind people/let people know that it exists? Or even just bring it directly to Sub? I don't see how mafia gains anything from such an elaborate metagaming gambit.

Also - sending a PM doesn't really role reveal at all, since many roles PM, and most of the people in this game have other forum responsibilities. I think reading into this too much at all is unproductive. Maybe even a diversion.

Pros if we lynch
Mafia Kill
No more owo posts

Cons
Possible civ kill tho i doubt it.

Pros outweigh the cons.

This analysis really does nothing - it's just 'lynching mafia good, lynching town bad', which is self-explanatory. It feels like it's forcing a conclusion.

What you have just posted is a lot less concise version of how I feel about MW's post. When I first saw it, I was really confused on how to tackle it because it was just so wrong, on so many fronts, as you've pointed out.

I thought there was a hidden agenda, honestly. However, as poorly made an argument it is, it was contributing to a conversation and I didn't want to discourage MW from further discussion by absolutely tearing into it. It doesn't matter what we're talking about, as long as we keep conversing.

I agree with this - MW's posts have largely contributed to the game. However, my style is, and has always been, to provoke discussion by applying pressure asking difficult questions and dissecting specific posts. I found MW's posts to be a good way for me to initiate that kind of conversation in this game.

So, instead of responding, I decided to brush it aside instead:

Spoiler for quotes:
vore me daddy
Pros to Lynching InsignificantWeeaboo:
Mafia Kill
No more Vore

Cons to Lynching InsignificantWeeaboo:
Possible civ kill, although I doubt it.

The pros outweigh the cons.

Espithel (1) - MasterWalks
InsignificantWeeaboo (1) - Espithel

I hope you see the parallel between the above post and yours: "This analysis really does nothing - it's just 'lynching mafia good, lynching town bad', which is self-explanatory."

Indeed - I interpreted the first part of your post, where you mimicked MW, as tongue-in-cheek and not serious.

I'm bringing this up because I feel that if we were both scum, I would be expected to retaliate against him to make the bus seem more real. I haven't, and don't really intend to. It's what he'd want if he's scum.
I'll accept one of us being lynched, though, because the logic here is perfectly sound. I just don't feel it properly describes reality.

I agree. It would not be a good gambit if there was not the illusion of fighting. That's why I'm not pushing this super hard - it would be an extremely fun and engaging scenario, and I'd love to see it, but I don't really think it's in play here.

Secondly:

Spoiler for quotes:
You've already told the entire group, including the mafia, you have a role that targets. That's already pretty brazen of you.
That's really the bit the mafia care about when they decide who to kill - the role itself. The roles they hate the most all target, so you've basically just asked to be nightkilled at some point. Same goes for you too, Walks.

I want to reiterate the last part of this - MW also stated he used an ability. In my opinion, this is detrimental to town - we agreed not to use (most) offensive and defensive roles, so this narrows down your potential abilities, a piece of information that helps the mafia more right now. And furthermore, unlike iancu's statement, which we could potentially get information from immediately if we chose, there's no such potential benefit for town from MW's statement.

(aside: I don't think iancu should reveal specifics right away - it's just worth noting that does create a plan we could pursue if we desired)

Much like how we asked if Ian should tell us who he targeted, is there anything to be gained in asking MW the same?
Unlike Ian, MW is currently under the lens of being mafia. That might change the dynamic.

I don't currently believe town would gain anything from MW revealing anything right now, no.

Here is the thing tho. You got me trapped.

If i say i targeted you, then mafia is instantly going to assume the worst and conclude i am GN.

This only matters if Espi is indeed mafia. If he's town, then mafia can sit back, relax, and not kill either you or Espi until they absolutely need to - which is why one of you should be lynched as soon as possible.

If we lynch him and he's mafia, great! - you're probably GN. You're going to be an NK target immediately, but at least we know. If he flips town, we know you're not GN - an assumption that, in that scenario, the mafia can already safely make.

If we lynch you and you're town, we probably don't learn anything - Espi looks a tad more suspicious and that's it. If you're mafia, the inverse.

If i say i targeted ANYONE else other than you, then i get lynched because people will believe I am scumming you.

Right now, we don't trust either of you. Revealing your target really wouldn't move the needle one way or the other - truth be told, I think we're more likely to keep you alive in that situation. But...

I will not reveal my target and i suggest ian does not either.

...I still think this is the correct play, for the time being. Mafia doesn't really gain much by killing either of you right now, so you have time to share information - and even in situations that they do, town also benefits.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289612#msg1289612
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2019, 10:32:37 pm »
Yep. I agree/understand everything you've said, Evans.
Just one note:

Here is the thing tho. You got me trapped.

If i say i targeted you, then mafia is instantly going to assume the worst and conclude i am GN.

This only matters if Espi is indeed mafia. If he's town, then mafia can sit back, relax, and not kill either you or Espi until they absolutely need to - which is why one of you should be lynched as soon as possible.

If we lynch him and he's mafia, great! - you're probably GN. You're going to be an NK target immediately, but at least we know. If he flips town, we know you're not GN - an assumption that, in that scenario, the mafia can already safely make.

If we lynch you and you're town, we probably don't learn anything - Espi looks a tad more suspicious and that's it. If you're mafia, the inverse.

If he was the Nymph, he could just roleclaim right now and send me off to the grave. If he's "trapped" and going to die during the night, he might as well, right?

Because of that, even if I die and flip scum, I think the chances of MW being the nymph is practically 0.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289613#msg1289613
« Reply #170 on: May 23, 2019, 10:47:16 pm »
Probably, but not necessarily - if you are mafia, there's always a chance he's not GN and he just big brained, so even if he is GN, if we're on the verge on lynching you anyways, he shouldn't claim just so he can blend in with that possibility and potentially stay alive. But yeah, claiming is probably the best play.

He did come out of the gates way too aggressive to be a likely GN.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289614#msg1289614
« Reply #171 on: May 23, 2019, 10:47:55 pm »
The idea of using flimsy reasoning to vote on people was that the GN can vote on a mafia without having to roleclaim, then when the GN dies, we can parse back through their targets and identify players who are likely mafia.

If we treat every vote as a feud, and (incorrectly) postulate that every feud involves at least one mafia, we're going to end up with a lot of dead civs.

That being said, if we have to choose between Espi and MW to lynch, the right call is Espi, since MW could still be GN. But I think for now we should just let people vote without reading too much into it. The GN needs to have some degree of cover.

Espithel (3) - MasterWalks, ddevans96, Linkcat
MasterWalks (2) - kaempfer13, JonathanCrazyJ
dawn to dusk (1) - iancudorinmarian
JonathanCrazyJ (2) - moehrpi, RootRanger
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289615#msg1289615
« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2019, 10:48:32 pm »
Regarding shockcannon, I think he's a decent lynch target for today. Yes, he would probably play like this regardless of whether he's mafia or civ, but a random lynch on shock is no worse than a random lynch on anyone else. The utility of the lynch on him would be that he stops roleblocking people. There's a decent chance that our GA correctly identified the NK target (there are other ways for there to be no NK, but this is one of them) - what would have happened if shock had decided to roleblock the GA last night? Or the GN? This is not a factor I want to have to deal with.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289616#msg1289616
« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2019, 11:03:43 pm »
The idea of using flimsy reasoning to vote on people was that the GN can vote on a mafia without having to roleclaim, then when the GN dies, we can parse back through their targets and identify players who are likely mafia.

If we treat every vote as a feud, and (incorrectly) postulate that every feud involves at least one mafia, we're going to end up with a lot of dead civs.

That being said, if we have to choose between Espi and MW to lynch, the right call is Espi, since MW could still be GN. But I think for now we should just let people vote without reading too much into it. The GN needs to have some degree of cover.

Agreed with all this - regardless, though, we do still need a lynch target. And while not every vote is a feud, the way MW pushed onto Espi hard and early, and then doubled down, definitely makes it feel like about as good of a starting point as we're going to get.

Why did you vote for jcj specifically, out of curiosity?

Regarding shockcannon, I think he's a decent lynch target for today. Yes, he would probably play like this regardless of whether he's mafia or civ, but a random lynch on shock is no worse than a random lynch on anyone else. The utility of the lynch on him would be that he stops roleblocking people. There's a decent chance that our GA correctly identified the NK target (there are other ways for there to be no NK, but this is one of them) - what would have happened if shock had decided to roleblock the GA last night? Or the GN? This is not a factor I want to have to deal with.

I'm totally okay with lynching shockcannon if that's what everyone else agrees with.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289617#msg1289617
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2019, 11:15:59 pm »
shockcannon(1) - Calindu

I agree with Root about shockcannon, I'd rather not see abilities blocked randomly, as some of them are quite important. Moreover, unless he is mafia, the roles that he's blocking are fully random with the information we have at the moment.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline MasterWalks

• MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289618#msg1289618
« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2019, 11:31:21 pm »
You all are actually so boring to read. I don't think shortening night phase is going to make that any more bearable. Let's speed things up a bit. I'm mind flayer. The person I blocked last night is hidden somewhere in this message. Have fun.

[16:25:02] ‹kaempfer13› ‹@shockcannon› even if it doesnt show right now, basically everyone wants to vote for you now

This is True. If i didnt feel so strongly about espi you would be my vote.

I quoted you because if you are mind flayer, then that means you can vote. And now that you are getting some negative attention, maybe now is the best time. The chat log will be posted soon but you are implying you have info. Like inside info. If you do, then maybe sharing some of that in your vote? So unless you are lying about your role (again) then i would like to see some info from you, instead of just hearing you say you have info.
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289619#msg1289619
« Reply #176 on: May 23, 2019, 11:38:28 pm »
Since shockcannon doesn't think we're smart enough to figure some things out on our own, here's a few things absolutely none of us could have ever considered:

- iancu's vote on dawn is notable
- shock may or may not have fakeclaimed Flayer
- if we lynch shock, we should pay attention to who wagons onto him

I'm letting someone else post the full chatlog, should be up soon - it's a spicy one.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289620#msg1289620
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2019, 11:40:43 pm »
Spoiler for The raw chatlog:
[00:04:01] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from ddevans96 in Forum Games. WARNING: May contain traces of nuts.
[00:06:10] ‹shockcannon› the day I waste my ability on ian's lame face is the day I lose to RootRanger in trials
[00:06:13] ‹shockcannon› in other words, never
[00:06:46] ‹shockcannon› but am I mindgating?
[00:06:52] ‹shockcannon› lol, sometimes I laugh at my own words
[00:07:10] ‹shockcannon› also for reals, you guys are so boring to read
[00:07:25] ‹shockcannon› there's been maybe 3 posts out of the past 40 that actually offer anything useful
[00:07:55] ‹ddevans96› you aren't reading carefully enough
[00:08:04] ‹ddevans96› which 3, out of curiosity?
[00:08:26] ‹shockcannon› i mean
[00:08:32] ‹shockcannon› i don't really want to give away what I know
[00:08:35] ‹shockcannon› you could be mafia
[00:09:02] ‹ddevans96› uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lmao
[00:09:18] ‹shockcannon› eh screw it
[00:09:19] ‹ddevans96› offering opinions on other people's posts isn't 'giving away what you know'
[00:09:28] ‹shockcannon› masterwalks post that he used an ability last night
[00:09:30] ‹shockcannon› ians vote on dawn
[00:09:32] ‹shockcannon› and my post
[00:09:38] ‹shockcannon› the rest are honestly meaningless
[00:09:57] ‹ddevans96› so you think iancu's vote on dawn has significance?
[00:10:01] ‹shockcannon› i supposed you could call my post meaningless also
[00:10:18] ‹shockcannon› but my post caused certain reactions that I was looking for specifically
[00:10:24] ‹shockcannon› so, things are working out for me
[00:10:36] ‹shockcannon› will i get lynched before I can share, who knows and honestly don't really care too much
[00:10:41] ‹shockcannon› would be nice to live more than 2 days though
[00:10:50] ‹shockcannon› and yes, ian's vote on dawn is the only significant vote so far
[00:11:13] ‹ddevans96› I mean - if you want to live more than 2 days, you have to actually cooperate with town
[00:11:26] ‹ddevans96› which so far you've done the opposite
[00:11:31] ‹ddevans96› so idk what you're expecting
[00:11:43] ‹shockcannon› you mean adhere to town's meta-slave logic and reasoning that offers mafia all the room in the world to work with?
[00:11:44] ‹ddevans96› why do you find iancu's vote on dawn to matter?
[00:11:44] ‹shockcannon› yeah no
[00:11:58] ‹ddevans96› lol, you know fuck all if you think I'm a meta slave in mafia
[00:12:02] ‹shockcannon› i'd rather get lynched than follow along with town's useless logic that doesn't provide any real info
[00:12:17] ‹ddevans96› like honestly, your head is so far up your ass rn
[00:12:30] ‹shockcannon› this espithel masterwalks thing right now is a waste of our time
[00:12:42] ‹shockcannon› my head was far up my ass last game too
[00:12:49] ‹shockcannon› but i called out 2 mafia members on day 2
[00:12:51] ‹shockcannon› so
[00:12:57] ‹shockcannon› whatever
[00:13:00] ‹ddevans96› then actually post something useful, that gives us a different direction to go in
[00:13:08] ‹ddevans96› do you want us to vote on iancu? on dawn? what?
[00:13:14] ‹ddevans96› you have to actually communicate
[00:13:27] ‹shockcannon› anything i post now is going to get me lynched
[00:13:33] ‹shockcannon› i'm playing this game quiet for the first few days
[00:13:39] ‹shockcannon› if you want to lynch me for that, so be it
[00:13:40] ‹ddevans96› no, actually, it's going to do the opposite
[00:13:44] ‹ddevans96› talk, now. or my vote moves
[00:13:52] ‹shockcannon› do it then
[00:13:54] ‹shockcannon› move your vote
[00:14:44] ‹shockcannon› i'm not dumping info right before I die like last game though since that was so unpopular
[00:14:48] ‹shockcannon› so if i die today you'll lose my info
[00:15:13] ‹ddevans96› then don't die
[00:15:19] ‹ddevans96› cooperate, and you live. easy
[00:16:01] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from Calindu in Forum Games. Every single time, someone has to go and say something like this.
[00:16:35] ‹ddevans96› if you think you have a better way to play this mafia than me, Root, Link, we'd love to hear it
[00:16:40] ‹Wyand› shock wrote more than 6 hours of chat
[00:16:58] ‹ddevans96› you did play a big role last game - doesn't matter if people didn't like it, sometimes that wins games
[00:17:08] ‹ddevans96› Submachine used to piss people off, but it won games
[00:17:35] ‹ddevans96› justaburd did it, I've done it, it happens. mafia is cutthroat
[00:17:56] ‹shockcannon› I will say
[00:18:10] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› Justaburd talked?
[00:18:23] ‹shockcannon› keep a watch on how many people vote me now that Calindu has started the train
[00:18:42] ‹ddevans96› justa actually deserves most of the credit for the game I 'carried' him
[00:18:44] ‹shockcannon› it's going to offer a lot of information. (I won't say what information though, you'll have to figure that out for yourself)
[00:18:52] ‹ddevans96› dude was good at mafia, even if he didn't always play like it
[00:19:11] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› Can mafia numbers stay Hugh for the next couple mafias
[00:19:17] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› I’d like to play one once my exams are done
[00:19:35] ‹shockcannon› please join
[00:19:38] ‹shockcannon› I know you'd side with me
[00:19:47] ‹shockcannon› if we ever got mafia together it'd be game over
[00:20:09] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› Boom boom
[00:20:26] ‹Calindu› ‹@Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› The rules appear to be quite fun, and the timing for this mafia was also really good, maybe people stick around after that
[00:20:55] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› Hopefully
[00:21:11] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› This is also why I kind of don’t want night phase to reduce to one day lol
[00:21:26] ‹Calindu› How so?
[00:21:27] ‹ddevans96› anyways - it's funny that you would say '[2019-05-23 17:18:23] ‹shockcannon› keep a watch on how many people vote me now that Calindu has started the train'
[00:21:31] ‹ddevans96› and not discuss specific people
[00:21:40] ‹Wyand›
(5d6) 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9 ...
[00:21:45] ‹ddevans96› it's as if you expect specific people to vote on you
[00:21:50] ‹Wyand› good mafia night to all :P
[00:21:52] ‹Calindu› ‹@Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› Oh, to stall for exams to finish
[00:21:59] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› Yhhh
[00:22:52] ‹ddevans96› regardless - you've said enough to fulfill your end of the deal
[00:23:30] ‹ddevans96› at least for me. hopefully you can manage to convince others
[00:23:32] ‹Calindu› Tbh, you should expect people to vote on you if you just disregard a plan that multiple players agreed to
[00:23:40] ‹moehrpi› Sticking around sure sounds like fun. But I feel a bit useless not providing any information. If this does change I might grow an appetite for it. :D
[00:24:54] ‹moehrpi› Also, I'd love to play mafia irl with shock. This should be fun especially for him as it is a lot faster.
[00:25:02] ‹kaempfer13› ‹@shockcannon› even if it doesnt show right now, basically everyone wants to vote for you now
[00:25:12] ‹ddevans96› I'll ask again - do you want us to vote for dawn or iancu?
[00:25:40] ‹shockcannon› ‹@kaempfer13› obviously
[00:25:46] ‹ddevans96› answering that question is really the only way you live
[00:25:46] ‹kaempfer13› well at this point its almos reverse psychology; only mafia wont care enough
[00:25:49] ‹shockcannon› I must say though
[00:26:05] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› ‹@moehrpi› what’s more important than providing info is reading posts and reading other people
[00:26:09] ‹shockcannon› I'm pretty shocked everyone just accepts that I'm mind flayer and that I did block someone lasst night
[00:26:15] ‹kaempfer13› but they ll probably still agree to fit in
[00:26:27] ‹ddevans96› are they accepting it? or ignoring it?
[00:26:29] ‹shockcannon› ‹@ddevans96› i dont think anyone needs to vote for either
[00:26:42] ‹ddevans96› okay. who do you want people to vote for?
[00:26:48] ‹shockcannon› it's just the only vote that actually gives us a read into anything at all
[00:27:03] ‹Linkcat› I hate when things happen while I'm asleep.
[00:27:05] ‹ddevans96› I agree, actually
[00:27:06] ‹shockcannon› I have no facts that point to mafia right now which is why I'm not voting
[00:27:10] ‹kaempfer13› ‹@shockcannon› whether you are a liar or a roleblocker you hurt town either way
[00:27:10] ‹ddevans96› ‹@Linkcat› sleep less
[00:27:26] ‹Linkcat› High level strat right there.
[00:27:44] ‹moehrpi› ‹@Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› I hoped I'd do better. Sub was actually my first read last mafia when I didn't play even before the shock drama began. But I'm not getting a decisive feeling this time around yet.
[00:27:44] ‹Linkcat› ‹@shockcannon› I don't believe for a second that you're Mind Flayer lol.
[00:27:46] ‹ddevans96› then what lynch do you think would give us the most information?
[00:28:15] ‹Linkcat› It looks like like you intentionally picked the role that would make people want to lynch you the most.
[00:28:21] ‹ddevans96› ^
[00:28:29] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› ‹@moehrpi› it’s only day one lol
[00:28:35] ‹shockcannon› who we lynch doesn't really matter even if its me
[00:28:36] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› You’ll find stuff dw
[00:29:11] ‹shockcannon› If you're not too busy following meta-slave logic and using nooby town tactics, you would already be able to learn a lot just from how people have voted and what they've said
[00:29:11] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› I told link last maf that mobian was mafia lel that one was screaming so much
[00:29:16] ‹ddevans96› alright - someone else can post chatlog this time
[00:29:28] ‹ddevans96› and you don't think we've done that?
[00:29:33] ‹Linkcat› Guys, the smart play is to just ignore everything shock says.
[00:29:43] ‹Linkcat› That's what I would have done the last mafia.
[00:29:49] ‹shockcannon› if you want me to be truthful, no i dont think anyone is really doing that
[00:30:00] ‹shockcannon› which is obvious from how people are voting
[00:30:02] ‹ddevans96› do you actually think we're that different from you? that we share everything that's going on in our heads?
[00:30:08] ‹Linkcat› At least, that's what I would have said we should do, but I doubt I would hav ebeen able to resist engaging with him.
[00:30:09] ‹Espithel› I think Shock is the vulture.
[00:30:12] ‹moehrpi› ‹@Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› I'm confident I'll find strategies that I can bandwagon. :)
[00:30:23] ‹ddevans96› and, again - I do NOT follow the meta, lmao, so stop implying that
[00:30:31] ‹ddevans96› I've always played mafia my own way
[00:30:33] ‹shockcannon› i'm not talking about you with everything i say
[00:30:35] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› There’s a meta to mafia?
[00:31:11] ‹Espithel› ‹@Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› Yes, although instead of "which strategies are good", it's closer to "which strategies are expected"
[00:31:18] ‹ddevans96› you're lumping everyone but yourself into one group
[00:31:21] ‹ddevans96› so you kinda are
[00:31:32] ‹kaempfer13› chat moehrpi really wants to get lynched
[00:31:43] ‹Espithel› If this was anyone except shock, he'd be getting lynched pretty much instantly for throwing the game
[00:31:46] ‹Espithel› But it's shock
[00:31:48] ‹Espithel› So it's more okay
[00:32:01] ‹AveragePotato› The latest forum post is Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine from MasterWalks in Forum Games. DANGER ZONE!
[00:32:13] ‹shockcannon› i've shared more with you just now in chat than everyone else combined has in the forum thread
[00:32:25] ‹shockcannon› if you don't believe that, you should probably lynch me now
[00:32:40] ‹shockcannon› because no one will care what I have to say later then
[00:32:41] ‹ddevans96› you've shared nothing that none of us didn't figure out on our own, contrary to your belief
[00:33:07] ‹ddevans96› on the contrary, words matter more later in the game
[00:33:45] ‹moehrpi› ‹@kaempfer13› The way I phrased that, surely. I could have said: I don't have information I can share at this point and will do any town strategy to smoke out mafia.
[00:33:55] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› This time I’ll send subs my mafia choices end of each phase lel
[00:35:03] ‹kaempfer13› ‹@moehrpi› I mean youve (jokingly) claimed mafia every time I saw you
[00:35:15] ‹kaempfer13› sometimes harder than other times
[00:35:28] ‹MasterWalks› hes probably phoenix
[00:35:29] ‹kaempfer13› but only in chat
[00:35:53] ‹Guest-Chrysaora-9ce35› hi im mafia. guess who i am
[00:36:10] ‹moehrpi› ‹@kaempfer13› I'd say I did once and that was way over the top.
[00:36:37] ‹moehrpi› I wasn't aware bandwagon is closely associated with mafia?!
[00:37:23] ‹kaempfer13› bandwaggoning means joining the pack justbecause a lot of people already did
[00:37:24] ‹moehrpi› I was thinking more like I'll follow, say, ian's plan to improve our odds.
[00:37:42] ‹Espithel› 'ey, is this convo over yet?
[00:37:48] ‹Espithel› I'd like to post it to blab eventually.
[00:37:53] ‹Espithel› to blab
[00:37:55] ‹Espithel› ¬_¬
[00:37:58] ‹Guest-Deathstalker-4afa1› (I got bored that guest was me btw)
[00:37:58] ‹Espithel› To the forums
[00:38:38] ‹ddevans96› go for it
[00:38:46] ‹kaempfer13› just make it a 2parter

Will parse into nicer chunks if requested.

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289621#msg1289621
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2019, 11:50:32 pm »
shockcannon(2) - Calindu, shockcannon

Indulge me please. I want to see uninterrupted town strategy crush the 4 mafia scum this game. We all know, me included, that I can't play along nicely with town strategy.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289622#msg1289622
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2019, 11:53:33 pm »
There's no point lynching shock this round, we gain nothing from it right now.

I maintain that we gain the most information by lynching Espi. If anyone has other alternatives, I'd like to discuss them.

blarg: