moehrpi
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 24, 2019, 11:12:55 am

*Author

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289480#msg1289480
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2019, 10:33:39 pm »
2.) We also need to hold off on using roleblocking/kill roles. This refers to Warden, Toadfish, Otyugh, Mind Flayer, Arctic Squid, Ghost of the Past. If we use these roles on random targets, it's likely that an important role (Golden Nymph, or even GA/Psion/Dragonfly) will be blocked, or a civilian with an important role will be killed. We had civilians roleblocking civilians last game and it was a nightmare. Yes, it's possible that a mafia with psion or roleblocking could be blocked, but even more likely we block one of own civs. If you have good reason to be suspicious of someone, then yeah you can roleblock them (although I almost always disagree with renegade kill roles being used unless it's a last ditch effort to win), but otherwise I wouldn't use them.

Thoughts? Agree/disagree?

Mostly agree with root but Ghost of the past drawback is minor and could help identify people who cant be targeted that phase and iridium warden also gains some info with each use. Might be worth using those. Killing people willy nilly is of course sth thats reservered to mafia and early lynches while one time use kills should only be used when you are fairly sure it gets the right person.
About queen reporting I dont know either. Not 100% sure i fully understand it either, but we got the promise it will be clarified.

GotP can potentially fuck up everything. I don't think it's that good of an idea to use it early. Warden on the other hand can gather quite a bit of information I guess. So I think it might be worth blocking a random role.

I am wondering how useful Nymphs are. Green and Amber seem to good to cast onto oneself especially if Warden/Squid are mafia. Turquoise/Anubis doesn't look powerful at all. I don't see the benefit of an Immortal army for town. Does mafia benefit? Should we not use it at all? If we find that there are a couple protected people we can assume they are mafia.

Rule question: Do people with Adrenaline know they are frozen? Does the ability fail?

Is there any sensible way to get publicly confirmed civ? If no does this mean Crusader has to use its ability on a wing and prayer?

My scum read is iancu. He is trying to trick us there are only three mafia.

I am also against using the who function. Although I did follow the link just now. ~~
Gotp is an extremely conditional permanent roleblock. It does get pretty bad if it triggers early on the wrong person, but you either use it basically never, or once you have used reaim it constantly to get as much info as possible (unless you somehow know the current target is a good one, but in that case why dont you just lynch them? Especially with all Info you can get as towny who is not using secondary. It's kinda a shitty ability for a towny to have, it's either mostly worse psion as untargetabilityidentifier or just plain dead. I do wonder now tho if a towny ghost should actually use its ability now. 90% of the time itll just do nothing and it hitting a towny at time of death is not much less likely than identifying untargetability once or more,  even with my suggested strategy. But either go ham with the targeting and pray it doesn't backfire or don't use it until you somehow found a mafia and yet we refuse to lynch them even though everything a passive towny gotp would know is public knowledge?
But anyway, looks like gotp ability already triggered on me with how worked up it has me whether it is any good at all.
Expect similiar monologues about ffq, Im just legit confused as to how to use some of the roles.

I don't think having decoy golden nymphs is any good. It basically guarantees we lynch town with fewer townies working on it
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289481#msg1289481
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2019, 10:57:53 pm »
GotP definitely could be useful to town under certain circumstances, but I'll still say save it until we have a reason to use it rather than popping it immediately. Same with Anubis.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline LinkcatTopic starter

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289482#msg1289482
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2019, 11:12:35 pm »
Damn, it's good to be back. Requesting Heal/Buffs on me.

Let's start off with a quote wall to get some of that energy out.

Alright, what's everyones scum reads?

Rob.

That was some ninja...

Says the guy with the Kakashi avatar.

Dice says Ginyu, RootRanger, Espithel. The total sum was also 42, the meaning of life. Coincidence? I think not! :sillyspin:

I'm fine with this. What order should we lynch?

Spoiler for Hidden:
With PMs banned, the game gets a lot harder. We have a Golden Nymph still and hopefully it won't die early on, although it being EoR makes things difficult. It helps to have roles like GA/Graboid/Seraph/Phoenix since we can potentially dodge some of the night kills while the GN builds up information.

Things got a bit messy last game with a lot of the civs playing in the best interests of mafia, so I have a few guidelines in mind to be discussed.

1.) We need to hold off on revealing secondary roles. Some of the roles are pretty weak in the hands of civs, but when these roles are revealed to mafia, it narrows down the number of people who could be a power role. Last game, mafia knew half the civilian roles very early in the game, so it wasn't really a surprise they were able to kill our Golden Nymph and Vulture before they could do anything useful. The game got harder with the removal of PMs, so it's all the more important to play correctly. No revealing roles unless there's good reason for it.

2.) We also need to hold off on using roleblocking/kill roles. This refers to Warden, Toadfish, Otyugh, Mind Flayer, Arctic Squid, Ghost of the Past. If we use these roles on random targets, it's likely that an important role (Golden Nymph, or even GA/Psion/Dragonfly) will be blocked, or a civilian with an important role will be killed. We had civilians roleblocking civilians last game and it was a nightmare. Yes, it's possible that a mafia with psion or roleblocking could be blocked, but even more likely we block one of own civs. If you have good reason to be suspicious of someone, then yeah you can roleblock them (although I almost always disagree with renegade kill roles being used unless it's a last ditch effort to win), but otherwise I wouldn't use them.

Agree, do not claim your roles until absolutely necessary.

Disagree, roleblock people you scumread. If you're a new player and self-aware enough to know that your reads are probably bad, don't roleblock. Killing roles should be used on inactive players or if you have a strong scumread mid-late game.

Agree with Root. It is very important to have the Golden Nymph trigger, and the less roleblocking we use, the safer it is.

On another note, we should be primarely talking during the Day Phase, as by then we are the first to get value from that information. If something is revealed at Night, mafia might gain momentum.

Disagree. More discussion is always better, and we should be using that to build reads, instead of just relying on abilities.

Dwaddy Swubmwachine?

Please do not call him that, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Should we report catching a firefly to the group or not? I feel like we should, but there might be unintended consequences that I may not be aware of.

Yes.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Also, while we're at it. There's this corner of the forum called http://elementscommunity.org/forum/who.
It lets you see what people are looking at, or even what they're posting in:

I would like to ask that, in the name of sportsmanship, we don't use this. It's been used in previous mafias in the past and I've always hated it, as it's obscure and, in my opinion, against the spirit of the game. I'm telling you all about it just to make absolutely sure you're all aware of this.

If the group's fine with it, you can absolutely bet your anuses that I'm going to be mashing F5 on it, seeing what we can get. I'd encourage everyone else to do the same - no message-sending is safe. We'd find all the messaging roles (including who sends the nightkill) by the first night.

There's probably a way to turn it off:

But I don't know how. We should probably figure that out.

If it was me with total power, I'd have Dwaddy Swubmwachine (owo) modkill any proven instances, but that's tricky to moderate as he'd have to mash F5. I think Dwaddy Swubmwachine (owo) has better things to do with his time.

Discuss.

I agree, it's better for the spirit of the game if we don't use that.

You can't turn it off, it appears like that because he's viewing a secret section.

Also, I don't think anyone used that.

Sub definitely used that last mafia lol.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Mostly agree with root but Ghost of the past drawback is minor and could help identify people who cant be targeted that phase and iridium warden also gains some info with each use. Might be worth using those. Killing people willy nilly is of course sth thats reservered to mafia and early lynches while one time use kills should only be used when you are fairly sure it gets the right person.
About queen reporting I dont know either. Not 100% sure i fully understand it either, but we got the promise it will be clarified.

GotP can potentially fuck up everything. I don't think it's that good of an idea to use it early. Warden on the other hand can gather quite a bit of information I guess. So I think it might be worth blocking a random role.

I am wondering how useful Nymphs are. Green and Amber seem to good to cast onto oneself especially if Warden/Squid are mafia. Turquoise/Anubis doesn't look powerful at all. I don't see the benefit of an Immortal army for town. Does mafia benefit? Should we not use it at all? If we find that there are a couple protected people we can assume they are mafia.

Rule question: Do people with Adrenaline know they are frozen? Does the ability fail?

Is there any sensible way to get publicly confirmed civ? If no does this mean Crusader has to use its ability on a wing and prayer?

My scum read is iancu. He is trying to trick us there are only three mafia.

I am also against using the who function. Although I did follow the link just now. ~~

The benefit of Immortality is for useful roles to not get roleblocked or killed. Crusader should try to read the Golden Nymph or another strong role and target them.

I was giving shock deckadvice completely unrelated to this game. He can probably vouch for that.

Lmao

I have an idea. We're still going to lynch whoever we want to, but we should have a bunch of random votes as well (and not just 1-offs). The Golden Nymph would vote on who they discovered to be mafia and pretty much leave it at that without trying to push for the lynch.

Then, when the Golden Nymph finally gets nightkilled, we would know a few of the mafia.

Of course, this needs to be done carefully to avoid detection.

This can definitely work on Day 1 when everyone's voting randomly. After that it's a bad idea.

GN should be breadcrumbing their targets in a way so that when they die, we can carefully scrutinize their posts and determine their targets and results.

I asked that, too. Didn't I.

I'm stupid.

Agree.

GotP definitely could be useful to town under certain circumstances, but I'll still say save it until we have a reason to use it rather than popping it immediately. Same with Anubis.

Disagree, Ghost and Anubis can be helpful early if you have a good read.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289483#msg1289483
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2019, 11:16:23 pm »
A good read would be a reason to use it, so we're in agreement.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289484#msg1289484
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2019, 11:18:29 pm »
Dwaddy Winkwat OwO

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289485#msg1289485
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2019, 11:26:58 pm »
Dice says Ginyu, RootRanger, Espithel. The total sum was also 42, the meaning of life. Coincidence? I think not! :sillyspin:

I'm fine with this. What order should we lynch?

* ddevans looks at Espithel's posts

We could always petty lynch.

• Master of Life
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289486#msg1289486
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2019, 11:29:49 pm »
Espithel (1) - Linkcat
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Coffeeditto

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • i no longer work at the pizza joint :/. in EST
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289490#msg1289490
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2019, 03:08:03 am »
The only role-blocking ability I see an upside to is Warden. It blocks and informational role, but prevents mafia from finding out that they're potentially an investigative role. It also just protects anyone it targets. Good for town because of the protection, good against mafia for role blockage. Other than that, I agree with Root.

Scum reads are dangerous to out this early in the game, but I would be wary of anyone who is rooting for something under the guise of it being good for town.

-

Golden Nymph should not out if they find a mafia; soft any mafia and lay low until multiple people are cleared (2-4 is best) and someone is leading a lynch on your clear.Other investigative roles should search, but if they find the golden nymph, know that they are a confirmed town.
nice

Offline Coffeeditto

• Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289491#msg1289491
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2019, 03:08:54 am »
EBWOP: protects anyone it targets from secondary roles.
nice

• Master of Life
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289496#msg1289496
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2019, 05:59:40 am »
The only role-blocking ability I see an upside to is Warden. It blocks and informational role, but prevents mafia from finding out that they're potentially an investigative role. It also just protects anyone it targets. Good for town because of the protection, good against mafia for role blockage. Other than that, I agree with Root.

Scum reads are dangerous to out this early in the game, but I would be wary of anyone who is rooting for something under the guise of it being good for town.

The only time scum reads are dangerous to out is during the Night in late game, so feel free to call me out directly. It will progress the game faster.

Offline Coffeeditto

Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289497#msg1289497
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2019, 06:02:29 am »
I will feel free to do that if and when I scum read you.
nice

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289498#msg1289498
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2019, 06:16:47 am »
If it was me with total power, I'd have Dwaddy Swubmwachine (owo) modkill any proven instances, but that's tricky to moderate as he'd have to mash F5. I think Dwaddy Swubmwachine (owo) has better things to do with his time.
I allow using /who, because it is an unreliable source of information, but please do not post screenshots of the /who page. You can describe your findings with words, but posting screenshots is against the spirit of Mafia.

If a player becomes Frozen, the player is notified even if he has Adrenaline. The ability does not fail, the player will have both the Frozen and the Adrenaline statuses.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

anything
blarg: