moehrpi
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 24, 2019, 11:12:55 am

*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289452#msg1289452
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2019, 07:11:33 pm »
2.) We also need to hold off on using roleblocking/kill roles.

I agree with everything except this part. Last game, mafia had a psion. If mafia has another role revealing ability, potentially blocking them will slow mafia down a bunch. Late game we can get strategical with it.

Late game, most definitely, but early game, I think Root and Oa are right. There's too much risk involved with random and low-information targets. I'd like to see most offensive and defensive roles not used for this night - after that, we have something of substance to work with.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289453#msg1289453
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2019, 07:38:54 pm »
Night 0 Lore is now updated.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289455#msg1289455
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2019, 07:58:14 pm »
Agree with Root. It is very important to have the Golden Nymph trigger, and the less roleblocking we use, the safer it is.

On another note, we should be primarely talking during the Day Phase, as by then we are the first to get value from that information. If something is revealed at Night, mafia might gain momentum.
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289456#msg1289456
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2019, 07:59:54 pm »
Currently poking through the rules. Will make sporadic posts asking about stuff while I'm at work.

Golden Nymph - EoR
Precognition - Target a player. Reveal their Primary role to you. You cannot be protected from the Nightkill. Exactly one Elemental and zero False Gods always start with this role.

Dwaddy Swubmwachine? Can the nymph not be nightkill-protected at all, or only during nights that ability is activated? owo?

Firefly Queen - ER
Queen - Generate a firefly that follows target player. The fireflies will report back to you each Night with all abilities that they saw activated, but the cute little buggers aren't smart enough to tell you whether an ability was used by your target or on your target. Fireflies are unaffected by all abilities that prevent targeting. If a firefly doesn't witness any abilities, it will wander up to your target and be caught. The target will be notified if they catch a firefly. Fireflies cannot report higher priority activity and will act as not seeing an ability if that's the only thing they would see.

Should we report catching a firefly to the group or not? I feel like we should, but there might be unintended consequences that I may not be aware of.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289457#msg1289457
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2019, 08:06:18 pm »
Can the nymph not be nightkill-protected at all, or only during nights that ability is activated?
The nymph cannot be nightkill-protected at all.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289459#msg1289459
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2019, 08:13:39 pm »
Mostly agree with root but Ghost of the past drawback is minor and could help identify people who cant be targeted that phase and iridium warden also gains some info with each use. Might be worth using those. Killing people willy nilly is of course sth thats reservered to mafia and early lynches while one time use kills should only be used when you are fairly sure it gets the right person.
About queen reporting I dont know either. Not 100% sure i fully understand it either, but we got the promise it will be clarified.

All PMs banned? surely not to Host, but yh huge nerf for town (so us). I guess with everything that went wrong last time and town still winning I suppose thats fair.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289461#msg1289461
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2019, 08:57:57 pm »
Also, while we're at it. There's this corner of the forum called http://elementscommunity.org/forum/who.
It lets you see what people are looking at, or even what they're posting in:

I would like to ask that, in the name of sportsmanship, we don't use this. It's been used in previous mafias in the past and I've always hated it, as it's obscure and, in my opinion, against the spirit of the game. I'm telling you all about it just to make absolutely sure you're all aware of this.

If the group's fine with it, you can absolutely bet your anuses that I'm going to be mashing F5 on it, seeing what we can get. I'd encourage everyone else to do the same - no message-sending is safe. We'd find all the messaging roles (including who sends the nightkill) by the first night.

There's probably a way to turn it off:

But I don't know how. We should probably figure that out.

If it was me with total power, I'd have Dwaddy Swubmwachine (owo) modkill any proven instances, but that's tricky to moderate as he'd have to mash F5. I think Dwaddy Swubmwachine (owo) has better things to do with his time.

Discuss.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289462#msg1289462
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2019, 09:00:25 pm »
You can't turn it off, it appears like that because he's viewing a secret section.

Also, I don't think anyone used that.

Offline MasterWalks

• MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289463#msg1289463
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2019, 09:11:47 pm »
Yep was doing council stuff, i didnt know that even existed or how/if you can turn it off.

While its a kinda cool tool, I dont see how it could be used against someone. If someone is sending a PM, there is absolutely no way of knowing if thats a mafia or a civvy or anything. The PM could be to anyone about anything. If it was against the rules, it would be crazy hard to moderate. Am i missing something in the way that it can be used against someone?
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline moehrpi

• Reputation Power: 9
  • moehrpi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not War
  • Awards: Last Tournament Before Flashpocalypse (2021.01.10.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner	- March 312018 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner April 14thWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289464#msg1289464
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2019, 09:15:41 pm »
2.) We also need to hold off on using roleblocking/kill roles. This refers to Warden, Toadfish, Otyugh, Mind Flayer, Arctic Squid, Ghost of the Past. If we use these roles on random targets, it's likely that an important role (Golden Nymph, or even GA/Psion/Dragonfly) will be blocked, or a civilian with an important role will be killed. We had civilians roleblocking civilians last game and it was a nightmare. Yes, it's possible that a mafia with psion or roleblocking could be blocked, but even more likely we block one of own civs. If you have good reason to be suspicious of someone, then yeah you can roleblock them (although I almost always disagree with renegade kill roles being used unless it's a last ditch effort to win), but otherwise I wouldn't use them.

Thoughts? Agree/disagree?

Mostly agree with root but Ghost of the past drawback is minor and could help identify people who cant be targeted that phase and iridium warden also gains some info with each use. Might be worth using those. Killing people willy nilly is of course sth thats reservered to mafia and early lynches while one time use kills should only be used when you are fairly sure it gets the right person.
About queen reporting I dont know either. Not 100% sure i fully understand it either, but we got the promise it will be clarified.

GotP can potentially fuck up everything. I don't think it's that good of an idea to use it early. Warden on the other hand can gather quite a bit of information I guess. So I think it might be worth blocking a random role.

I am wondering how useful Nymphs are. Green and Amber seem to good to cast onto oneself especially if Warden/Squid are mafia. Turquoise/Anubis doesn't look powerful at all. I don't see the benefit of an Immortal army for town. Does mafia benefit? Should we not use it at all? If we find that there are a couple protected people we can assume they are mafia.

Rule question: Do people with Adrenaline know they are frozen? Does the ability fail?

Is there any sensible way to get publicly confirmed civ? If no does this mean Crusader has to use its ability on a wing and prayer?

My scum read is iancu. He is trying to trick us there are only three mafia.

I am also against using the who function. Although I did follow the link just now. ~~

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289465#msg1289465
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2019, 09:22:01 pm »
lol, I just thought it's the same number of mafia as last game. Only now saw that there's 4 of them.

And please don't roleblock random people...

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 71 - by Submachine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67178.msg1289466#msg1289466
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2019, 09:24:12 pm »
I dont like it. Reason: Unreliability and if it works better than I give it Credit for it makes activity even more taxing.  Especially people with staff roles or an ongoing pvpevent will be sending plenty of messages unrelated to mafia and youd have to watch 24/7. In case you are subtly trying to incriminate me as the only message sender, I was giving shock deckadvice completely unrelated to this game. He can probably vouch for that.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

blarg: