Poll

Who roleplayed their role the best?

RootRanger (roleplaying as Solaris)
4 (10.5%)
Submachine (roleplaying as Espithel)
4 (10.5%)
skyironsword (roleplaying as Linkcat)
8 (21.1%)
CleanOnion (roleplaying as skyironsword)
12 (31.6%)
Kuroaitou (roleplaying as CrockettRocket)
4 (10.5%)
mathman101 (roleplaying as Discord)
5 (13.2%)
Demagog (roleplaying as mathman101)
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: August 26, 2016, 06:55:04 am

*Author

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238765#msg1238765
« Reply #516 on: July 24, 2016, 04:20:23 pm »
Would you say that it's a bad idea?
I don't like ties. Too easy for mafia to blitz their votes.

But surely, then we'd just catch a mafia?

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238768#msg1238768
« Reply #517 on: July 24, 2016, 04:24:53 pm »

It depends. Would you say that UTA is clearly mafia for taking his vote from Onion at the last minute and breaking the tie?
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238769#msg1238769
« Reply #518 on: July 24, 2016, 04:26:59 pm »

I am now putting my vote on Kuro based on the following:
1. Kuro states his original claim of 'role that does nothing' is not true - lying town is a town that comes under fire.
2. Kuro claims a role that hurts town if lynched and hurts mafia if NK'd.
3. Kuro, based on past mafia games here, is not usually an early-game lynch target.
4. Kuro, based on past mafia games here, is usually a high-priority mafia-NK-target.
5. An ability that hurts whichever faction kills him combined with the very typical results for Kuro in an EtG mafia means his town strategy should be to steer his possible death to be by the faction opposite his own.

Actually I don't know too much about the past mafia games to know whether this is true.... can people give me confirmation this is so? I'm more than willing to give Kuro the benefit of the doubt for now... on 2 grounds. The early claim on D1 which is still pretty suicidal for mafia to do; I'll attribute this too poor town play more than anything, and the circumstances of this mafia which might provide unfamiliarity in how to properly act under such roles (we got semi-trolly roles such as the one skyironsword got for example, and that stumped me a tad when I saw her claim on D1 on whether to trust her... didn't expect such a passive tbh). And well, if it's CR, it could be very different to what is the usual perceived town play (because come on, we all know how CR is like, right?)

A tad sus on Hyro for jumping on the Kuro train and having a sudden spike in activity after his ass in on the line... which I don't expect most afk-ish people to do... but I'm not sure yet. Holding the vote for now.
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238770#msg1238770
« Reply #519 on: July 24, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »

It depends. Would you say that UTA is clearly mafia for taking his vote from Onion at the last minute and breaking the tie?

Mafia generally has more info; and are better able to swing ties in their favor in such a circumstance.

Offline KuroaitouTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238771#msg1238771
« Reply #520 on: July 24, 2016, 04:29:04 pm »
Going to echo Calindu's statement that I don't care if I die by lynch - I'm the most useless townie of them all after all.

But. If I die, beware of rob's sudden attack towards me; Hyroen and rob would be quite the combination for a mafia team, no?

To reiterate rob's list of 5 deductions:
Quote from: rob77dp
1. Kuro states his original claim of 'role that does nothing' is not true - lying town is a town that comes under fire.
2. Kuro claims a role that hurts town if lynched and hurts mafia if NK'd.
3. Kuro, based on past mafia games here, is not usually an early-game lynch target.
4. Kuro, based on past mafia games here, is usually a high-priority mafia-NK-target.
5. An ability that hurts whichever faction kills him combined with the very typical results for Kuro in an EtG mafia means his town strategy should be to steer his possible death to be by the faction opposite his own.

Turning roleplay mode to 'auto-pilot' now, so my grammar and spelling will remain intact, but just imagine me as CR partially.

1. Roleplaying CR is harder than I thought. :P Don't you guys remember that one time that CR MASSIVELY fudged up the roles by stating that there was a 'Policeman' in his list, rather than a 'Politician' or some shiz?
2. WIFOM (now that I get the paradox that was explained of it in chat); technically speaking, I may have a completely useless role ('nothing') that has no benefit to either side, since it's not an active role. Theoretically though, I could have also lied and try to either trick mafia into thinking that I actually don't have an investigative/protective/revenge role so that they avoid night killing me, and thus prolong the game magically through a simple roleplay/gamble at the beginning of the game (which is something I rarely do, but Linkcat's setup has given me more than enough ground and creativity to engage in the format, similar to how 51 was done with the bulletin board).

Of course, there's the situation that I could have just lied about being a role that hurts either side based on who kills me so that I can just live longer as a third party/mafia member who doesn't want to get lynched/player who just needs to survive until the end.

Too many situations! Blargh~

3. True. Except for that one time long ago perhaps (?).
4. Very true. But see 2.
5. Imagine what would have happened if I actually GOT a useful role. Instead of being the more talkative character who's seemingly pressuring others to speak up in order to create an analysis, I'd probably would have sunk right back into the shadows and kept a very low profile trying to either a) build a civy network as a townie leader, b) create as much chaos as possible as mafia, or c) assist whatever faction I'm on as a support.

All in all, what does this say about me?

...nothing actually. This was a terrible "defense", if at that. ;D

...funny rob how you quote me and choose to paste certain parts of my posts without ACTUALLY quoting the -entire- thing by heart, unveiled. Shady, but no big deal I guess. Is anyone reading these statements? I miss baked potatoes.

If there's one thing I ask of you though, for this:

Hyroen (1) - CleanOnion
Kuroaitou (5) - rob77dp, Hyroen, mathman101, Sera, fabian771
Calindu (2) - 1011686, andretimpa
worldwideweb3 (1) - Calindu
rob77dp (1) - Kuroaitou

IF YOU'RE A REAL TOWN PERSON, DON'T CHANGE YOUR VOTE OFF ME. I assure you, whatever happens, my ability only wastes "time" for civilians, but will ruin mafia. Your mafia experience per se, not the mafia members sadly.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238772#msg1238772
« Reply #521 on: July 24, 2016, 04:31:00 pm »

Not clearly, but I'd consider it a mark.
I'd have to properly check up on UTA's other actions first before I make an opinion on it.

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238774#msg1238774
« Reply #522 on: July 24, 2016, 04:32:35 pm »
Well, personally I think Kuro is telling the truth, and any odd stuff is from RPing. So gonna go with Calindu for the moment.

Hyroen (2) - Kuroaitou, CleanOnion
Calindu (3) - 1011686, andretimpa, Fippe94
worldwideweb3(1) - Calindu

Not sure at all though, might change vote again before deadline.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238775#msg1238775
« Reply #523 on: July 24, 2016, 04:37:05 pm »
Hyroen (1) - CleanOnion
Calindu (3) - 1011686, andretimpa, Fippe94
worldwideweb3(1) - Calindu
rob77dp (1) - Kuroaitou

fixing the vote
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • *whistle*
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238776#msg1238776
« Reply #524 on: July 24, 2016, 04:40:29 pm »
[color=yellow][b]IF YOU'RE A REAL TOWN PERSON, DON'T CHANGE YOUR VOTE OFF ME.[/b][/color] I assure you, whatever happens, my ability only wastes "time" for civilians, but will ruin mafia. [color=transparent]Your mafia experience per se, not the mafia members sadly.[/color]

Ass.

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • *whistle*
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238777#msg1238777
« Reply #525 on: July 24, 2016, 04:43:50 pm »
1. Roleplaying CR is harder than I thought. :P Don't you guys remember that one time that CR MASSIVELY fudged up the roles by stating that there was a 'Policeman' in his list, rather than a 'Politician' or some shiz?

on a sidenote this old crone forgot which game it was. story time pls?

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238778#msg1238778
« Reply #526 on: July 24, 2016, 04:44:55 pm »
Calling it now. Kuro's passive is that if he's lynched we'll all become CR.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Mafia 61 - by Linkcat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62300.msg1238779#msg1238779
« Reply #527 on: July 24, 2016, 04:47:41 pm »
There is only one role that can change the role of a player, and it has limited use.

And Solaris' role does that, so... Doubt it, Andre.

Although it'd be hilarious af if it is

blarg: RootRanger,Submachine,skyironsword,CleanOnion,Kuroaitou,mathman101,Demagog