*Author

Offline Coffeeditto

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • i no longer work at the pizza joint :/. in EST
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261437#msg1261437
« Reply #2184 on: March 27, 2017, 12:29:03 am »
We're having a conversation on Discord about this right now, and I stated that that was a counterpoint. You scum.

Coffeeditto (1) - Linkcat
Linkcat (1) - Linkcat
nice

Offline Coffeeditto

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • i no longer work at the pizza joint :/. in EST
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261438#msg1261438
« Reply #2185 on: March 27, 2017, 12:31:06 am »
We're having a conversation on Discord about this right now, and I stated that that was a counterpoint. You scum.

Linkcat (1) - Linkcat
EBWOP

Linkcat (2) - Linkcat, Coffeeditto
nice

Offline LinkcatTopic starter

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261439#msg1261439
« Reply #2186 on: March 27, 2017, 12:40:48 am »
It is standard practice to allow a mafia to have any other mafia act out the Nightkill, so Kuro screwed up on that.

I prefer having a factional Nightkill to minimize mafia being outed by roles instead of reads.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261441#msg1261441
« Reply #2187 on: March 27, 2017, 12:55:50 am »
It is standard practice to allow a mafia to have any other mafia act out the Nightkill, so Kuro screwed up on that.

I prefer having a factional Nightkill to minimize mafia being outed by roles instead of reads.

Please refer to my explanation regarding why I made it as such that Nightkill was a targeted action. Several abilities (including those of Observer, and investigative roles) were designed to also help counter nightkills, but alas, if I ever get the chance to host again, this might be rebalanced.

Thanks for participating in the game though folks. :)

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261445#msg1261445
« Reply #2188 on: March 27, 2017, 01:25:07 am »
UTA is near the top of that list.

Awww. But for real, I am taking this as a huge compliment. When I started playing I felt like such a noob (and honestly I still do a lot of the time). It is fun to have played enough games now to at least be an early NK target :D

Blame UTA for his ability usage on Night 1 (Mafia achievements anyone?)

Yes, plz.

• As you all very well know, UTAlan used Refugee ability 2 (Idol Immunity), which caused Espithel's death by reflecting the night kill back to him. Looking in a more retrospective manner, we can see several hints of him trying to get the mafia to night kill him, which I found both hilarious and disappointing for the mafia to target him.

FWIW, Those two posts were almost afterthoughts as the night was coming to a close. Still hilarious that I was targeted despite those posts, but I assume the decision to target me was made before these. I had a hunch that I might be a target because, having played as mafia recently, there's a tendency to not want to NK Link or rob early (though they can be strong players as town, they are also controversial and tend to be harder to read, leading to lynchings of them before an NK is necessary). This left me as one of the top 2 or 3 posters at the time and I assumed I had put a target on my back as a result.

Worth noting that I didn't actually use my Ability 1 on the second to last night. I faked it in the hopes that I could use it the next night when mafia thought I was vulnerable. I ended up getting hit by Merchant (hinted at this to rob regarding the ocean feast being delicious) and decided to use Ability 2 again. Would have been amazing to end the game with that  :silly:

@Linkcat - I'm guessing you claimed cop early b/c you suspected you'd be NK'd or lynched relatively early in the game? Couldn't figure out any other reason to claim it so early when the pressure wasn't really on you that much yet.

@Espi - Obviously the game would have been completely different if fabian had died N1 instead of you, but out of curiosity, were there any NKs after your death that you would have preferred to have gone to a different target?

@mafia(not Espi) - What in the world was up with your risky NK targets? It worked out, but dd and math were both high priority doctor targets. Game could have gone even worse if the NK had failed either/both of those nights. Was it just worth the risk? This was the only reason I wasn't more confident about kdz being not-scum.

@Coffee - <3 I'm glad you didn't turn out to be scum. I truly was just trying to keep BG in the game initially, esp when there were 3 scum so we could afford to keep you alive a bit longer. But as the game went on, your posts truly were giving off a strong town-lean. Well played, I guess, as it kept you alive to the end :)

@fabian - WELL PLAYED with the fake jailored. (Kuro gets props there, too.) Didn't end up working out for you, as the longer it took us to find the jailor the more suspicious you looked, but I'm still impressed at the boldness of doing it.

Seriously, this may be the most fun I've had playing mafia. Looking forward to the next one.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261449#msg1261449
« Reply #2189 on: March 27, 2017, 03:07:39 am »
@Espi - Obviously the game would have been completely different if fabian had died N1 instead of you, but out of curiosity, were there any NKs after your death that you would have preferred to have gone to a different target?

@mafia(not Espi) - What in the world was up with your risky NK targets? It worked out, but dd and math were both high priority doctor targets. Game could have gone even worse if the NK had failed either/both of those nights. Was it just worth the risk? This was the only reason I wasn't more confident about kdz being not-scum.

@Coffee - <3 I'm glad you didn't turn out to be scum. I truly was just trying to keep BG in the game initially, esp when there were 3 scum so we could afford to keep you alive a bit longer. But as the game went on, your posts truly were giving off a strong town-lean. Well played, I guess, as it kept you alive to the end :)

@fabian - WELL PLAYED with the fake jailored. (Kuro gets props there, too.) Didn't end up working out for you, as the longer it took us to find the jailor the more suspicious you looked, but I'm still impressed at the boldness of doing it.

Seriously, this may be the most fun I've had playing mafia. Looking forward to the next one.

I don't get props for the fake jailor for telling him to do it? q.q

If you're asking me if I agree with the NKs, I don't pay attention to threads after I die beyond cursory glances for mental shitposts.

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261450#msg1261450
« Reply #2190 on: March 27, 2017, 03:10:26 am »
No props if I don't know about it.

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261457#msg1261457
« Reply #2191 on: March 27, 2017, 08:39:36 am »
This mafia game was very enjoyable, thanks Kuro.
I feel I did an excellent job for 50% and a crappy job for 50%.
I was very good at being too scummy to nightkill, because the mafia thought I was in danger of lynching, but too town to lynch. Seemed to work out.
Unfortunately i found it literally impossible to keep up with the post volume. I really tried to be useful with what I read, but (sorry rob) some people's longer posts I just knew if i read them all I wouldn't reach the current end before my "time to play mafia" time was over. Hence missing that I should have protected dd when he died.
My targets and explanations were:

N1: dd
N2: UTA
N3: Myself because i didn't trust Kuro and"Rescue" and nobody gave me any reason to trust it. Part of the reason I publically asked about this is that, subliminally, it would create the illusion that I wasn't a doctor.
N4: rob
N5: Me, because this time I actually was targeted by a hitman ability 2 (mathman)
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261459#msg1261459
« Reply #2192 on: March 27, 2017, 08:51:12 am »
Despite my role, what I said earlier (I can't be bothered trying to find it) still stands. I didn't enjoy this, plain and simple. I also wouldn't have enjoyed it if I were town, but would be more fine with it since I could just be modkilled off. Something that is worse to do as mafia.

I'll admit it did pick up closer to when I died, but I still didn't enjoy the game as a whole.

And yes, I understand I am in the minority with this, but I don't mind

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261470#msg1261470
« Reply #2193 on: March 27, 2017, 06:04:15 pm »
gg wp no re

In the end, I proved everyone wrong who claimed that my playstyle was scummy. :P
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261473#msg1261473
« Reply #2194 on: March 27, 2017, 06:22:06 pm »
gg wp no re

In the end, I proved everyone wrong who claimed that my playstyle was scummy. :P

never really thought it was scummy, was just annoying :)

I did sort of use it as a way to make myself look a bit scummy and a bit town at the same time, but i meant what i said about bloody invisitext lol
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64236.msg1261478#msg1261478
« Reply #2195 on: March 27, 2017, 09:31:19 pm »
Did intel think that my claim was too off-par to be viable or were they just not paying attention, for their wincon? :P

blarg: