*Author

Offline plastiqeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432413#msg432413
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:04 pm »
Hm.. after thinking about this some more.. it might make more sense if I hosted (or at least co-hosted) this thing. I mean big End of Year Forum Awards thing is something that a forum admin should do, yes? Having a non-staff member run it might seem too.. non-official. Too bad we don't have any staff title for projects like this.

That looks like a pretty solid basic plan. I'll look at it in more detail later and will post suggestions.
That's fine, you do it then.

Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432420#msg432420
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 09:12:08 pm »
And in a shocker of a Result, the Favourite Forum member poll has resulted in a 8146 way tie, with every player recieving exactly one anonymous vote.  :o

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432449#msg432449
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 10:19:35 pm »
Woohooo. Following this topic.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432457#msg432457
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 10:34:08 pm »
And in a shocker of a Result, the Favourite Forum member poll has resulted in a 8146 way tie, with every player recieving exactly one anonymous vote.  :o
Now it is the favourite new member, and only the one who posted the most :) So I guess this will be more interesting
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Jaymanfu

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432464#msg432464
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 10:38:44 pm »
Award for favorite PvPer? Could be based on someone you think is really good, someone you think is really nice to pvp against etc

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432476#msg432476
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 10:55:15 pm »
I'd prefer if the favorite new member wasnt based on post counts. some of us joined up mid year, and have busy classwork. not that I'm pushing this to get myself in or anything <.< >.> lol. But really, I like these ideas and especially if it continues into the years to come it'd be great. And my original sentance stands, make it fair for the stragglers  :D
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432482#msg432482
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 10:59:15 pm »
Actually i do not see a better system to find out the new member who are the most active so by default this looks the best way we have to find which members are news and active (not saying that because I'm among them :p)
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432506#msg432506
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 11:41:55 pm »
Actually i do not see a better system to find out the new member who are the most active so by default this looks the best way we have to find which members are news and active (not saying that because I'm among them :p)
I swear somewhere I've seen an average posts per day, that would be better. Other options: expand the list, find some other way of determining activeness based on time spent as a member in the year, have a thread for people to nominate new users, have older users nominate newer users that they like, other ways I'm not thinking of, thats at least 5 better ways, imho.

People Joining late november/december are kind of out no matter what sadly.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline plastiqeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432601#msg432601
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 02:05:05 am »
Award for favorite PvPer? Could be based on someone you think is really good, someone you think is really nice to pvp against etc
That seems like a stretch.  There are already two popularity contest categories and favourite pvp'er is hard to quantify.  Vote for your favourite pvp'er in the member categories if you like.

I swear somewhere I've seen an average posts per day, that would be better.
You move up in levels based on your post count, so that's what I went with.

How dare a lowly Full Member like you try to tell a Hero Member how to run a poll.  : P

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432607#msg432607
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 02:17:46 am »
: P I still think you should reconsider. Members who Join in January have a considerable lead over those who join in June, but may not be as liked/helpful as the one who joined in june. You'll encounter the problem of people trying to spam (even sneakily spam that looks like advice) just to get there post count up. Heck, you could just jump into the religion section of the forums and start a big controversial thread and respond to every other post. A post count is bad, even an average post count isnt great. Nominations by the older members would be best i think.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432611#msg432611
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 02:22:54 am »
Since favorite cards might be too similar to the forge (depends on your opinion), you could change it to a nomination/voting on people's portfolios - the parts of it made/submitted in 2011, of course. Also, maybe a category for FG submissions? Great idea anyway.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Scaredgirl

Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432927#msg432927
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 07:27:32 pm »
Hm.. I think it would make sense if we made a Google Docs form which people could use to nominate people, events, etc. We would then need a screening process, probably involving the Council, to pick the best 12 (or something) for the final poll. Then just make an individual poll for each category. Alternatively we could have a dedicated topic for each category/poll. Latter would definitely make the discussion easier, but could become spammy if we had many categories. Final step would be to make a big announcement topic which has all the winners and prizes.

That's the most simple way of doing it I think.

blarg: