*Author

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1183692#msg1183692
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 12:41:09 pm »
And D3s don't exist.
Oh but they certainly do. Just do a simple google image search or check the dice wikipedia article and you'll see.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline eljoemo

• Reputation Power: 20
  • eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Live forever or die trying
  • Awards: Thank You Notes Winner7 Deadly Haikus Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerElements The Movie Poster WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeDesign a Brawl Flag Competition WinnerDesign a Competition WinnerChristmas Time! Card Competition Winner
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1183723#msg1183723
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 07:13:09 pm »
The full resolution art for our card doesn't appear to have worked, so here's the link if you want a more detailed look (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjo3wq0zyninj5t/cubist_colors.png?dl=0)

I've not had a chance to look at everything yet, but I'm very impressed by what I have seen so far. Good work everyone!
In Zanz we trust
War 8 :fire  War 9 :death

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1183724#msg1183724
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 07:22:53 pm »
And D3s don't exist.
Oh but they certainly do. Just do a simple google image search or check the dice wikipedia article and you'll see.

So a prism?

So, what? All dice exist, because you can just make an equilateral prism of them?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:26:50 pm by Frozengaia »

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1183725#msg1183725
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 07:27:35 pm »
And D3s don't exist.

ok, then why have D6 specified on the card :P? I really wasn't trying to make a big thing haha, I really liked the Red Stars submission regardless of the existence of D3s, and the MOL card would have been my third choice :)

Side note - those are cool!
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1183727#msg1183727
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 08:11:17 pm »
There is actually a lot of prism based dice sizes since they can be made for any N>2. However they don't look as nice as the platonic solids dice in my opinion.
Non Brawler VoteRound 3by OldTrees
Boss******
Artist & CDRed StarsMeaning of Life
DBGravy Train Co.Meaning of Life
FE******
OTFrostbite BorealisRagnarok
Writer******
Artist and Card Design:
[Disclaimer: I am great at card design but lack an aesthetic sense. As such I will heavily bias this based on my judgement of the card design where I am a better judge.]
Art-
From my understanding of cubism from some google image searching and wikipedia reading,
Meaning of Life used the form but not the technique. I do not believe the air, table, and the die all have the same texture.
I see no cubism in Frostbite Borealis's art.
I think Ragnarok only partially followed the form. The Dice themselves do not seem to have any trace of cubism.
I can't tell of Red Star's art is cubism or not, but it reminds me of some of the more detailed cubism paintings so I will give it the benefit of the doubt.
Gravy Train is cubism but the texture of the die seems without meaning.

Theme-
From a theme point of view there is a clear winner. Both Weighted Die and Magitek Factory are tied to a d6 rather than merely a 1-6 RNG. Any type of die could be used with any distribution of pips(the dots) on its faces for this challenge but only those two submissions were tied thematically to a die rather than any RNG.

Mechanics-
Twist of Fate: You forgot Luciferin starts as an AoE when doing your calculation. Furthermore you need to consider how many of the effects would be undesired in the general case. A single target Luciferin like Holy Light would generally be undesired. The upped card is the better design since it has fewer undesired effects. Also why did you use a 1:1:1 ratio and a d6. Either change to a d3 or change the ratio.

Wave of Destruction: I see no reason for it to be random beyond dice being a theme of this round's task. Seems rather expensive regardless of which way it is aimed.

Weighted Die: Seems to have limited use. Obviously its design was constriained by Voodoo Doll but does it have any other use unupped? Yes, it can weaken dragons (although less than most CC). Upped it is a 2 :gravity + 2 cards combo for a 6|6. Not overwhelming but might be fair.

Magitek Factory: The delay and initial cost probably results in this being slightly underpowered. However I do like the idea of a repeating buff.

Quantum Dice: I love triggered effect but dislike arbitrary restrictions. I can see the issue with Quantum Pillars (although given a month instead of a week I would expect a non arbitrary solution) however Discord should not have been an issue.

Deckbuilder:
Antimatter Liquid Shadow(Meaning of Life & Red Stars) works but is an oldie (the FG slayer CCYB IIRC)
Shard of Sacrifice Feral Bond(Frostbite Borealis) works.
Damsel of Nightmares (Ragnarok) fails to lose against a human.
Fractal Singularities(Gravy Train Co.) works.
I think Fractal Singularities is probably the fastest and most resilient to countering. I think Antimatter Liquid Shadow is faster than Shard of Sacrifice Feral Bond and I know it is more resilient. I find Meaning of Life's extra work to break the tie between them and Red Stars

Off Topic:
Steal Still Stolen made me strike a surprised smirk.
Dim Shield is probably the most realistic choice for what would be chosen(right or wrong) by popular vote.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:13:17 pm by OldTrees »
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1183728#msg1183728
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 09:00:05 pm »
For the sake of reference, I believe weighted dice overshadows blessing in most circumstances.

Will be editing this post with arbitrary, biased opinions when I feel like it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:02:10 pm by Frozengaia »

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1183740#msg1183740
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 11:36:17 pm »
The full resolution art for our card doesn't appear to have worked, so here's the link if you want a more detailed look (https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjo3wq0zyninj5t/cubist_colors.png?dl=0)

I've not had a chance to look at everything yet, but I'm very impressed by what I have seen so far. Good work everyone!

Yeah, that type of link is temporary.

The full picture with a part that I cropped to make it square is in my deviantart

http://andretimpa.deviantart.com/art/Cubist-Clockwork-522761738

Spoiler for pic:

Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline Calambar

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1184259#msg1184259
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 09:31:57 am »
Team VoteRound 3by
BossFrostbite BorealisGravy Train Co.
Artist & CDRed StarsMeaning of Life
DB******
FEMeaning of LifeFrostbite Borealis
OTFrostbite BorealisRed Stars
WriterFrostbite BorealisGravy Train Co.

Spoiler for Explanation:

Spoiler for BOSS:

Frostbite Borealis

Not too short, not too long, not too many pics and it's a funny in general. Good job.

Gravy Train Co.

Also a nice review, maybe in my opinion detailed description of tabs is unnecessary because it is a review, not a guide, but overall it was a nice reading as well.

Ragnarok

I liked this review. But simply not as much as the two I voted for.

Red Stars

Too many screens for such a small game and too messy in general. More screens than your own text, I downvote it.

Meaning of Life

It's not that I didn't like it, it's a nice story, but does it fit the task? Is it a review? I don't think so.

Spoiler for ARTIST & CARD DESIGNER:

Each card is more or less dice thematic and as you have maybe observed, I generally don't vote CD and DB at all, I'm simply not really interested in these tasks, so I focus only on art. Of course, Red Star's hand-drawn pic is awesome and I had no problem what to choose. Also I upvote hand-drawn pic of MoL. These two are the best for me, that's all.

Spoiler for FORUM EXPERT:

Meaning of Life

Very good reading and I 100% agree with the paragraph "The Flame Wars - Attack of the Clones." This forum without EtG doesn't make sense so I don't agree with the rest of paragraphs because rewards and advertising a game that is dead will eventually lead to outflow of players and forumers. More topics unrelated to EtG when the EtG is dead? This is EtG site and people have other sites to talk about different things. But as I said before, I vote for your article because of that paragraph I mentioned, this is what I think as well.

Frostbite Borealis

Vote for point 3.

The Rest

Why others didn't get my vote, you can learn by reading explanation for MoL. It's all fine, but with dead EtG it will all fail in the long run. That's my opinion and unfortunately I think forums will not survive without Zanz or other development. It may survive, but only as a completely different forum, but it won't be EtG forum anymore.

Spoiler for OFF-TOPICKER:

It was a difficult decision, I liked all submissions. Frostbite Borealis got my vote because it's quite funny and I also think stealing is wrong ^^. Red Stars' entry in turn is quite deep, I liked it.

Ragnarok, it's well written, it's generally ok but too serious for me and sooo long :P

Meaning of Life and Gravy Train Co. - nothing wrong with them, but I just subjectively find the two submissions I voted for better.

Spoiler for WRITER:

Again difficult decision. The two submissions I voted mostly appeal to me, that's all. Nevertheless, all of you did a great job! Gratz for all!

nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

Offline ARTHANASIOSTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1184301#msg1184301
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 07:01:35 pm »
Bump!
Only 8 hours remain for voting your favourite submissions; hurry up!
 :D
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1184304#msg1184304
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 07:12:19 pm »
My VoteRound 3by Chapuz
BossFrostbiteRed Stars
Artist & CDGravyRagnarok
DBLifeGravy
FEMeaning of LifeGravity
OT******
WriterFrostbiteGravy

Boss: Frostbite and Red Stars are the ones who most followed the task. And very well written and explained! Gravy was a bit short, Ragnarok too little work and Life... just not what I think this task was about. Funny, but out of place imo.

Art & CD: I don't know about cubist art, my reasoning is based on CD.
The only card I would now use is the Quantum Dice with Pandemonium and Discord.
The weighted dice is a limited buff, but it can make something interesting. Doll OTK? I don't think so, something similar was tried with Equalizer and the balance suggested to make max HP = made HP, so an OTK is possible but there are other OTKs more efficient.
The other ideas are too risky to use as they would be a waste with not so good luck.

Deck: Life's one compared with the Red Stars' OTS was clarely more tested. It has useless shields and didn't use SNs, but it's prepared to lose. Red Stars' one has 3 useless precogs (precog in a deck with more than 30 cards?) and 2 TU when it only needs one if you use another blessing, being more efficient. Also upped precogs can consume your precious  :aether or  :fire  so the combo will be screwed.
Then I voted for gravy because... Singus are just awesome. Some upped precogs wouldn't have hurted.
DamselMare and kitten were VERY creative, well done! I would have voted for every team except Red Stars if I could. Nothing personal, Red, but the upped precogs made me clarely see it wasn't tested at all.

FE:
Frostbite: just no.
gravity: as it was less elaborated than Red Stars, it has a strong point I haven't seen well discussed so far: "What matters is the community, with less importance of the game itself". People can argue about that, but it's a clear point of discussion.
Meaning of Life: The off-topic is something I never enter to, except the humor section. But all the points are very valid for me. People like shiny stuff and social media activity.
Ragnarok: You would have been my 3rd vote.

Writer:
Frostbite: Hey, I enjoyed listening to that! xD
The rest: I voted just to the one who made my strange humor laugh more. Every rap was very good! Well done, Gravy.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:19:32 pm by Chapuz »
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline eljoemo

• Reputation Power: 20
  • eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Live forever or die trying
  • Awards: Thank You Notes Winner7 Deadly Haikus Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerElements The Movie Poster WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeDesign a Brawl Flag Competition WinnerDesign a Competition WinnerChristmas Time! Card Competition Winner
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1184308#msg1184308
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 08:22:41 pm »
Pressed for time, so I'll just give CD & art feedback

Spoiler for Hidden:
MoL - The card may be dice related, but as others have pointed out, it's just RNG up to 6 (well 3 technically). Also, the phrase "Roll 1d6" means absolutely nothing to some people who aren't up on dice culture. The effects also aren't that great, just recycling the spell cards for light, and luciferin is an AoE spell, not a single target anyway. Finally, I see no relation between the mechanic (other than using light spells) and the light element. You could have stuck it in any element and used their spells (granted, light has the most buffs).
The art was alright. I'm no expert on this, but I did look it up on wikipedia, so that gives me the authority to pretend I am. The unupped doesn't have a strong "Broken up" feel, rather its just coloured in triangles. I don't like how the upped is edited. It looks messy and takes away from the cubist form, as all the texture and stuff just becomes a mess. It also doesn't represent an object anymore which is a thing that should happen apparently.

Frostbite - Doesn't specify whether or not the 1-6 was random or just "up to 6", I'm assuming it's the former based on the task this round. I don't really see any use for this. On average it means earthquaking yourself to deal 15 damage to the opponent (or doing it the other way around). Plus the random aspect reduces how useful it will be in reality. Thematically, I don't see why destroying your pillars would harm your opponent (I understand the balance reasoning).
The art doesn't really seem to depict an actually object, and seems more abstract than cubist. It's hard to tell what you were going for here.

Ragnarok (Got the vote) - A really simple, concise and (probably) original effect. It has a few issues (eg, the 5 card unupped voodoo OTK) but I like it. I wouldn't have it able to target weapons (unless flown of course) but that's just my opinion on the matter. A really good idea as far as I see it.
The art is decent enough. It could feel a little more cubic, and I'm not sure what's happening in the background, but its alright as is.

Gravy Train - Seems like you really went overboard on the random aspect. Unless you're using a deck that heavily depends on random effects consistently, then there's probably better ways to generate quanta that this.
The art is acceptable, not the best but alright in general.
In Zanz we trust
War 8 :fire  War 9 :death

Offline russianspy1234

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Forum Brawl #4 - Round 3 Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57890.msg1184328#msg1184328
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 09:51:12 pm »
Just for fun, here is what I wrote in between finding out I had been put on a team as a writer and that this team had already finished the writer task.  What do people think?

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF ELEMENTS!
Miracle VS Elidnis

Who you think you are boy
challenging me
I'm the glory of the true God
and I'm gonna make you flee.
I'm the dopest of them all
your specters ima choke
they named a card for me
your improved heal's a joke!

The heal may be a joke
but it makes for some nice tricks
Your named card is so bad
that you only run six!
What's that, did you forget?
We False Gods can run more!
I've got 10 feral bonds
I bet they heal heal me more!

Yeah yeah, 10 bonds
Your health they do refill
Can you even do damage,
or do you only win by mill?
There's nothing false about me
I am a greater being
My name means act of god
it's his wrath you are seeing

My strategy is great
I bet you are just jealous
I've got 10 congeals for your creatures
so don't get over zealous!

My queens will spawn their fireflies
and they will take you out

Only 92 damage a turn?
of your claim I have doubt

You pride yourself on Feral bonds
but Ferox runs 2 more
your claim to fame is weak
and battling you's a snore

I never claimed to be special,
un-like you
Divine Glory's been listening
I bid you two adieu
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:53:19 pm by russianspy1234 »
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

anything
blarg: