*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1001212#msg1001212
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 03:53:12 am »
Only one thing is missing: ability to ignore users.
/ignore *name* doesn't work. And since some people told me this, i assumed that it somehow could work. Confirmation, please.
(also on how to properly ignore user)
== IGNORE Unknown command
Confirmed. Can we implement this function, please? I believe it's possible as I've seen the mods on this chat give a few brief mentions of it.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1001213#msg1001213
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 03:58:48 am »
Odd.  I guess it's a client related issue then; mIRC accepts /ignore username as a command just fine.

Unless it's an oper privilege...which I don't see why it would.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1001230#msg1001230
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 06:19:22 am »
There is no ignore standard for IRC (which makes sense); ignore functionality is implemented client-side.

I don't think our web client has one. I'd like to make a better web client when I have the spare time though, which could be never.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Wolfunit

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Wolfunit is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Kongregate Chat + Forums Moderator
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1002958#msg1002958
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 07:34:53 pm »
How do you register? I ask most in chat and they didn't know.
Hello, If you're a active player on Kongregate and in need of help you can leave a message on my profile which is qazzaq123. :D

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1002965#msg1002965
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 08:14:57 pm »
We don't exactly have a 'register' option, but you can make your nickname 'unique' (aka preventing others from swiping it) by using Nickserv.

Offline plastiqe

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1003088#msg1003088
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 03:19:48 am »
New chat sometimes autoscrolls and sometimes it does not.  I thought I was the only one having this problem but kev had the same thing.  IRC Gods, please tell how to fix this.

I'm using Google Chrome and no client, just clicking on the chat link.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1003093#msg1003093
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 04:02:56 am »

For future reference:

When in chat with your name, type:

/msg NickServ REGISTER *password* *email-address*

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1004504#msg1004504
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 04:20:08 pm »
okay I seriously need a tutorial on how to set this up.
Honestly, I'm no new to computers, but as of now, being unable to use this chat prohibits me from entering tourneys and events, as well as general chatting.
I don't think I'm alone with this problem.

- Prioviding an actual clickable  link would be great.

- I *think* I managed to get to a website where I just simply have to enter a nickname and click on connect(I *think* it is the correct website, but I don't know for sure since you didn't provide a link or an URL), but the thing in the pop-up window never connects for me.

Thankyou.
Win7, FF 14.0.1
Install chatzilla for firefox

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1005079#msg1005079
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 04:28:36 pm »
New chat sometimes autoscrolls and sometimes it does not.  I thought I was the only one having this problem but kev had the same thing.  IRC Gods, please tell how to fix this.

This.

I believe it happens only when your screen has gotten a certain amount of messages. Using /clear seems to solve it for me.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline BC

• Reputation Power: 0
  • BC hides under a Cloak.
  • have an escape plan
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1005161#msg1005161
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 10:39:44 pm »
I went on this chat the other day and absolutely hated it. How much did the old chat cost to maintain? I'm wondering if I can help out.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1005163#msg1005163
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 10:43:43 pm »
I went on this chat the other day and absolutely hated it. How much did the old chat cost to maintain? I'm wondering if I can help out.

What don't you like about it? If it's the interface colors, which was a major issue for some, that's really easy to change. If it's something else, I'd recommend finding an irc client that can fix that problem.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Arwulf

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Arwulf is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Play a card, any card!
Re: New Chat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38326.msg1005166#msg1005166
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 10:47:40 pm »

I asked this in chat and someone told me that clicking on the channel tab fixes this (the #elementsthegame tab); a line should appear under the latest comment and it should autoscroll again. This 'problem' seems to occur after you scroll.
Greatly improvides

blarg: