*Author

Offline KamietsuTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208195#msg208195
« on: November 24, 2010, 04:19:02 am »
NAME:
Yggdrasil
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
8 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0|30
TEXT:
:life :life :life :life: Summon
A random creature is summoned to your side of the field. Poison Yggdrasil on each summon.
NAME:
Yggdrasil
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
8 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0|30
TEXT:
:life :life :life :life: Summon
A random elite creature is summoned to your side of the field. Poison Yggdrasil on each summon.
ART:
Art will be done by me, once I finish it.
IDEA:
Kamietsu
NOTES:
The following are the percentages of the creatures spawned:
5%: any dragon
25%: 0-2 attack creature, dragons and nymphs not included
25%: 3-5 attack creature, dragons and nymphs not included
25%: 6-10 attack creature, dragons and nymphs not included
10%: Nymph
10%: any creature, excluding dragons and nymphs, with a +1|+1 boost.
SERIES:

╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208198#msg208198
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 04:24:10 am »
Yep, 'cause Rage Potion doesn't have enough to work with. ^_^
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208218#msg208218
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 05:34:27 am »
I'm... torn... about the card.  I'll start with the good.

I fully support life finally getting a mono way of swarming.  For being an element about swarming creatures, it really lacks an effective method of doing so.  And I do love the concept of a tree card, especially Yggdrasil, as I hugely support elven and norse mythos.    And I love the ability to duo rustlers, creature spam, and luciferin.

But.

I would never use it.  And here's why:
The vast majority of all life creatures cost less than four life.  I mean, sure, magically spawning them out the butt for four seems cheap (COUGH COUGH FRACTAL COUGH), but then they /die/.  And to top it off, it's not necessarily a life creature.  Which means, whereas there is a dragon and a nymph for each element, most elements have other three creatures, tops.  In the same way fate egg gets dragons and nymphs more times than not, this will only get OP'd creatures when you play against it, and it will only get PoS when you use.  And while I noticed the rebalance percentages you made, I still feel as though more RNG wins are exactly what this game doesn't need.

Also:  why isn't it a permanent?

• Legendary Member
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208230#msg208230
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 05:44:08 am »
This is why it's not a permanent: "If your card is a Permanent, it must be one of these elements ( :aether, :air, :fire, :gravity)" for the Mash-Up competition.

Maybe it should be changed to just life/air creatures, and cost 2, and remove the poison?
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208238#msg208238
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 05:49:24 am »
Right, but then that'd be OP'd.  Honestly, it'd be better if Yggdrasil got poisoned by the effect, not the creatures.

kobisjeruk

Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208240#msg208240
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 05:52:17 am »
i like it better as a creature tbh, particularly in life

but i dont understand the reasoning behind creatures spawned coming into play poisoned
i dont see anything flavorwise from reading about the myth and i dont think people like getting something like a Lava Destroyer only for it to die at the end of the turn

activation of  :life :life :life (unupped) and  :life :life (upgraded) is best imo

• Legendary Member
  • Old to Elements
Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208241#msg208241
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 05:53:55 am »
That's not a bad idea. Poison being cumulative, every time Yggdrasil summons a creature?

but i dont understand the reasoning behind creatures spawned coming into play poisoned
i dont see anything flavorwise from reading about the myth and i dont think people like getting something like a Lava Destroyer only for it to die at the end of the turn
The creatures are poisoned just for the sake of not being OP.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

kobisjeruk

Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208243#msg208243
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 05:56:52 am »
i tried to edit my post after seeing glitch latest post but it failed

yeah i agree with glitch, each activation cause poisoning to the tree, that is very flavorful
(the holy tree sacrifice part of itself to give life) and the poison is cumulative as it would be by infected (but you can still heal it of course)

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208244#msg208244
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 05:57:36 am »
That's not a bad idea. Poison being cumulative, every time Yggdrasil summons a creature?
Mhm.  It might even be poisoned more based upon how strong the creature is.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208247#msg208247
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 05:58:24 am »
And it's not like the tree would be used a couple of times. with 30 life, it's got a good set of creatures to give birth to before bidding farewell.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

kobisjeruk

Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208248#msg208248
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 05:59:56 am »
And it's not like the tree would be used a couple of times. with 30 life, it's got a good set of creatures to give birth to before bidding farewell.
might need to lower the tree's HP if thats the case
30 / 35 is a lot for what it does
shave of 10 or 15 each would still give you plenty of summons before it went down

Mhm.  It might even be poisoned more based upon how strong the creature is.
too complicated, nay

• Legendary Member
  • Old to Elements
Re: Yggdrasil | Yggdrasil https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16254.msg208257#msg208257
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 06:18:28 am »
Reducing the HP, I feel would make it underpowered some.

It would take 8 turns, with a summon each turn, and no damage from the opponent. I think that's a very good amount. Any less HP would severely cut it's life span.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

blarg: