*Author

Offline PineappleTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Tornado | Tornado https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40893.msg506185#msg506185
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:51:00 pm »
NAME:
Tornado
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
2 :air
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
0 : Windswept
Switch control with target permanent.
NAME:
Tornado
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
1 :air
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
0 : Windswept
Switch control with target permanent.

ART:
pineapple
IDEA:
pineapple
NOTES:
Successor of Windswept | Windswept and Masquer | Masquer. When creating the mechanic, I drew mostly from Masquer, but managed to maintain the nature of Windswept, e.g. cheap permanent control for Air and Cloak synergy.

Note that your opponent cannot activate Tornado's ability the turn after you activate Tornado's ability. This is because of the mechanics of off-turn summoning sickness in Elements, as referenced by off-turn production of Ash.

I believe that the mechanic that would be the easiest to integrate into the current game would be the following:
Windswept:
 Sacrifice Tornado;
 Target permanent:
  Destroy target permanent;
 Controller of target permanent generates a copy of Tornado;
 Controller of Tornado generates a copy of target permanent;
So basically both players "Steal" each other's permanent.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 06:08:29 pm by Pineapple »

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tornado | Tornado https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40893.msg506451#msg506451
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:32:53 am »
Quite frankly I'm glad I'm one of the first to post on this card idea. I think it's excellent. This further increases the synergy that :air Air has with :fire Fire and amplifies the synergy it has with :darkness Darkness.

I'm looking forward to the wonderful art. See my previous glorifying of this card here.

Elements the Game (and :air Air) needs this card now.

+rep
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • i should really update my profile
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tornado | Tornado https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40893.msg507139#msg507139
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:21:53 am »
I really like this idea too. However - maybe with an initial cost decrease - I think windswept should cost 1 :air. You need wind for a tornado, and it means it is less likely your opponent will use it on their next turn.
Beware the Darkness.

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Tornado | Tornado https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40893.msg507149#msg507149
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 07:51:54 am »
I really like this idea too. However - maybe with an initial cost decrease - I think windswept should cost 1 :air. You need wind for a tornado, and it means it is less likely your opponent will use it on their next turn.

I disagree with your suggestion. Thematically, you need wind for a tornado, and that's exactly why the card costs 2 :air and not 1 random. Think of the card as a self-sustaining machine that needs a kick to start up. As for keeping the opponent form using it next turn, I made it zero-cost specifically so that it could not be deemed overpowered. Do you believe that it is currently underpowered?

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • i should really update my profile
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tornado | Tornado https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40893.msg507151#msg507151
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 08:00:55 am »

I disagree with your suggestion. Thematically, you need wind for a tornado, and that's exactly why the card costs 2 :air and not 1 random. Think of the card as a self-sustaining machine that needs a kick to start up. As for keeping the opponent form using it next turn, I made it zero-cost specifically so that it could not be deemed overpowered. Do you believe that it is currently underpowered?

I believe it is only useful for something like an EB which is used in your turn. Unless you wanted to bypass the weapon/shield limitations.
Beware the Darkness.

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
Re: Tornado | Tornado https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40893.msg507157#msg507157
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 08:19:37 am »

I believe it is only useful for something like an EB which is used in your turn. Unless you wanted to bypass the weapon/shield limitations.
Well, what permanents aren't "used in your turn" like Empathic Bond? The only other type of permanent I could think of is one with an ability, in which case Tornado is a competent lobotomizer for.
(Also, it doesn't bypass weapon/shield limitations since those still go to their respective slots.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:35:27 pm by Pineapple »

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
Re: Tornado | Tornado https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40893.msg1025900#msg1025900
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 12:14:24 am »
Bump for further voicing of opinions, concerns, and suggestions so I can make some last-minute changes before this goes into the Crucible.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tornado | Tornado https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40893.msg1025901#msg1025901
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 12:17:06 am »
Huh, pseudo-control for Air. I think it's great, cost and everything.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tornado | Tornado https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40893.msg1025909#msg1025909
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 01:09:28 am »
I'd personally like to see a minimal cost for Windswept.  At least for the upgraded version.

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
Re: Tornado | Tornado https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40893.msg1025915#msg1025915
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 01:20:48 am »
I'd personally like to see a minimal cost for Windswept.  At least for the upgraded version.

Hm...Noted. I'll see what others think first.

Personally, I'm leaning in the other direction. However, I see no problem with increasing the ability cost to 1 random; as long as the opponent will be able to use it and it costs less than Steal. This actually makes me think of an interesting (but complicated) mechanic: :air Windswept -- Switch control with target permanent; opponent gains :air .

blarg: