*Author

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg76979#msg76979
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 04:30:38 am »
crap, oh well...
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg76993#msg76993
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 04:54:37 am »
Wait wait wait.  An 8|8?  For five?

Why even bother making it invulnerable?  It's an 8|8!

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg76996#msg76996
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 05:12:39 am »
What I meant, Essence, was that this is a prime target for Fractal, because you could do something like  Crawlers or RoLs for the middle row, then use flooding to set up a Fractal/Leviathan combo.

Also.... we could actually say, "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!" in PvP, and it would make sense. Win. :D

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg76999#msg76999
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 05:17:43 am »
Also.... we could actually say, "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!" in PvP, and it would make sense. Win. :D
this made me lol
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • formerly unit
Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg77005#msg77005
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 05:24:04 am »
i just did the cost/attack ratio on both cards and this came up

unupped 5/8=.384ish

upped 8/13=.615ish

the ratio almost doubles when its upgraded. not as epic an upgrade as spider, but it is pretty good.

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg77437#msg77437
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 06:26:22 pm »
Dunno what math you're using, unit, but on my calculator, 5/8= .625, actually slightly MORE than 8/13.

What I meant, Essence, was that this is a prime target for Fractal, because you could do something like  Crawlers or RoLs for the middle row, then use flooding to set up a Fractal/Leviathan combo.
Wow, that was a long walk to tie this to Fractal. ;p

Actually, though, I kind of like it.  Fractal+Chrysora+Flooding+Kraken, with Death mark just for fun?

If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg78204#msg78204
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 06:10:41 pm »
What if lobotomized-shadowd-Butterflied?
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg78243#msg78243
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 07:26:25 pm »
This thing would be pure evil if you had one (just one) PA'ed Flooding/Innundation. A :water/ :earth deck with this card would be devastating, due to the huge damage potential and cheapness (not to mention quanta/creature denial).

Powerful, but without the permanent, it's useless - fairly balanced I suppose...

Kael Hate

Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg78250#msg78250
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 07:49:04 pm »
I like it.

Needs more tho for the risk.

• Legendary Member
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg78303#msg78303
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 09:07:42 pm »
UPDATED!

Since the biggest comment was that it wasn't quite enough, I made it just a little more fragile but added a significant new active ability.

(BTW, the 'vulnerability' is a Passive ability, so it's not affected by Lobo/LS/Butterfly.)

Kraken|Leviathan now dies instantly unless underwater -- making it unusable as a "direct damage" spells -- but now provides hardcore complementary power to Flooding|Inundation, as it can kill :water creatures (like you might expect from the most dangerous predator of the seas).

Better now?
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Kael Hate

Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg78439#msg78439
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 02:19:39 am »
UPDATED!

Since the biggest comment was that it wasn't quite enough, I made it just a little more fragile but added a significant new active ability.

(BTW, the 'vulnerability' is a Passive ability, so it's not affected by Lobo/LS/Butterfly.)

Kraken|Leviathan now dies instantly unless underwater -- making it unusable as a "direct damage" spells -- but now provides hardcore complementary power to Flooding|Inundation, as it can kill :water creatures (like you might expect from the most dangerous predator of the seas).

Better now?
Even Better in theme. Think the Mirror match would be horrid. How about restricting  the target to a creature of less hp or atk so that opposing Kraken just cant kill each other by getting in first. Maybe change Water creature to any creature that is underwater.

Could add a tandem card to this.
Oceanscape - Your Battlefield is underwater. You gain :water :water :water each turn. Boosts the Monotype, but now mutation now kills your creatures.

• Legendary Member
Re: Kraken | Leviathan https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7106.msg79022#msg79022
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 08:11:22 pm »
That makes sense.  I'll make that change when I get the chance.

anything
blarg: