*Author

joebob777

Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg226540#msg226540
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2010, 01:46:58 pm »
The text on the card needs to match the text in the table :)

I like the card overall, though it might be too much quanta generation at the same time.

Also, there's an in game cycle used in the bazaar you might use, but the current cycle works too :)
at max speed, it will be equivalent to 6 quantum pillars, for about 2 per pillar, you could play that much at the first turn

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg226606#msg226606
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2010, 04:13:31 pm »
On a sidenote, I made art for the Entangling Roots (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,15093.0.html), and I saw later that you were willing to do it too. Do you have any news from card author ?
I couldn't get what I had in my head to look right on the screen. I was still working on it, but he can use your art if he wants :)
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg227071#msg227071
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010, 03:59:22 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Please type in the word, 'Gravity', in the ELEMENT section of the table for both cards. :gravity means Gravity quanta, not the element Gravity, and the two are not interchangeable
-Leave the ATK|HP section of the table blank if the card is not a creature (do not put the term 'N/A' in there, as the letters can refer to variable stats like Scarab's Swarm ability)
-Remove the smiley face and 'Me' from the ART section of the table, and please put in your forum name (Replace 'Me :D' with 'Boret')

I'll be honest - I'm not gonna try to analyze this card since everyone else already has, but the art and thought-process you've put behind this makes me think that it'll get far in the polls. Is this your first card idea - because it's quite fantastic. :)

(In the future though, you may have to think of more creative ways to shorten the text so that it fits onto a card in 4 lines or less, but I'll let it slide this time)  ;)

Boret

Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg227246#msg227246
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010, 11:11:39 am »
ddevans96: I see. I hope that you can finish it too, so the author will decide about it, and the other art can be used by another card, then?

Kuroaitou: Changes are done. Thanks for comments, I know description is a bit long, but I couldn't think of a shorter one. :)
And yes, this is my first card idea, so let's see how far it can get...

Boret

Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg236579#msg236579
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2010, 10:27:34 pm »
Yeah, it finally made it into the Crucible (totally forgot to check  ::) )
Thanks for people who helped me on this topic (and for people who voted for this card :P )

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg241157#msg241157
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 08:30:06 pm »
Question, why is that a gravity card? it seems more like a time card imo.
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg241173#msg241173
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 08:48:16 pm »
Gravity is the opposite Element from Entropy
Entropy is the Element of luck (good and/or bad) and chaos
Therefore Gravity is the Element of Order
The quanta produced is highly ordered.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline TheCrazyMango

• TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg241186#msg241186
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 08:59:52 pm »
this card is elemental Clockwork Elemental Chrono]meter. its skill is called speed up All of these things sound more like Time than gravity
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg241189#msg241189
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 09:07:45 pm »
this card is elemental Clockwork Elemental Chrono]meter. its skill is called speed up All of these things sound more like Time than gravity
I agree that the name and activated skill are very Time ish
I think that the automatic effect is very Gravity ish
As such I think it fits best as either a Gravity card with a Time skill (which means it will cost 4|3 :gravity +8 :time total)
or as a mono Time card (which means it will cost 12|11 :time total)

All in all I felt the total cost 8 :time +4|3 :gravity is slightly more thematically accurate than 12|11 :time.
Which is why I suggested it be a duo card. However it will still be great as a Mono card.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline TheCrazyMango

Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg241886#msg241886
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2011, 09:15:15 pm »
As such I think it fits best as either a Gravity card with a Time skill (which means it will cost 4|3 :gravity +8 :time total)

All in all I felt the total cost 8 :time +4|3 :gravity is slightly more thematically accurate than 12|11 :time.
Which is why I suggested it be a duo card. However it will still be great as a Mono card.
oh ok. so since nova creates 1 quanta of each element(thats stable and even) it would fit gravity more than entropy.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg241922#msg241922
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 09:52:33 pm »

oh ok. so since nova creates 1 quanta of each element(thats stable and even) it would fit gravity more than entropy.
That is a good point Entropy v Gravity probably is not Order vs Chaos. I could still be order(different meaning to order) vs entropy. In this case stable and even is a sign of entropy but structured like a sequence would order.

Re: Elemental Clockwork | Elemental Chronometer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17373.msg257218#msg257218
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:44 pm »
The card text needs to be fixed - it says  :time :fire :death, but the order on the clock face and in the notes is  :time :death :fire.

anything
blarg: