*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg261260#msg261260
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 03:19:58 pm »
Nice card, I like I like!
The unupped one should have cost lowered by 1.
It delays every turn so it dose 4 damage a turn unupped for 5 quanta, and 5 damage for 5 quanta when upped.
I think this card could use a small buff if you don't lower the cost, because there are tons of creature's with much more attack than cost, and it is not that bad.
Maybe change it to a 50-75% chance to delay for 1 turn. This would make a good attacker, but it can still backfire.
Honestly I would not use your current card just because that earth has better options right now, but if you had a chance for it to do a little more damage than it's cost it would be a great card.
That's just my thoughts.
Well, one could treat the cards at 4 | 8 and 5 | 10 respectively due to the ability, and you'll then realize that unlike Abomination and similar cards, this card has a lot more HP. I feel that + 1  :earth is justifiable for that (if you were just going by attack, the cost would be 4  :earth | 4  :earth for Clockwork Golem).

LongDono

Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg261263#msg261263
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 03:27:13 pm »
Ok thats true, the extra HP is really good.

YoYoBro

Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg261348#msg261348
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 06:10:52 pm »
I agree with other people who find the unupped version a tad UP. Maybe raise its attack a bit.

Flayne

Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg261505#msg261505
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 10:10:25 pm »
im not implying anything, just asking:
did you get the name inspiration from my "clockwork" card idea?
its ok if u did lol  :P

anyways, great card idea, it fits thematically and is balanced since it stops attacking for one turn but isnt easily destroyed either.

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg261651#msg261651
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 02:35:04 am »
im not implying anything, just asking:
did you get the name inspiration from my "clockwork" card idea?
its ok if u did lol  :P  Nah it wasn't but thanks for checking.

anyways, great card idea, it fits thematically and is balanced since it stops attacking for one turn but isnt easily destroyed either.
Thanks. Also, Clockwork Skeleton's art was being used in a Russian card game called "Beserk" after digging through the comments. >.>

I don't want it to hinder Clockwork Golem too much, so I've changed the card art, and submitted it to crucible. If possible, can someone do art for Clockwork Skeleton?  The closest art I could find is still pretty out of theme with the card.

Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg261791#msg261791
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 06:56:31 am »
I am not sure about either of these cards...

Golem is less efficient than Hematite, the only use I can see for it is getting some extra damage out in a burst for a kill shot.

Skeleton suffers from a malady that has prevented me designing a creature that comes with Adrenaline: multiple attacks are much more often a curse than a blessing.  The exceptions are when faced with Freeze, Delay, or Bone Wall, or when a creature applies poison or generates quanta.  Multiple attacks cause a creature to die more quickly from poison/fireshield and see more of their damage ignored through shields.  Adrenaline as an alchemy spell is powerful, but a creature that splits its quantum-to-damage ratio into several attacks will actually be quite often worse off than a similar creature than put all the quantum-to-damage into a single hit.

Offline manaboy100

• Reputation Power: 5
  • manaboy100 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • *staaaaaaaaaare*
Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg264128#msg264128
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 02:55:30 pm »
An idea for "Clockwork Golem"s Skill:

Put in Time Bubble after attacking. Time Bubble do not wear off like usual.
 :earth :earth Reprogram: Unstuck Clockwork Golem
You could Reprogram for free if there is a Hematite or Steel Golem
But buff it's stats to maybe 14/14?

This idea popped out from nowhere, maybe because it's just I imagined the smaller golems reprogramming the bigger golem, or maybe the smaller golem controlling it
*staaaaaaaaaare*

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg264232#msg264232
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 07:09:40 pm »
An idea for "Clockwork Golem"s Skill:

Put in Time Bubble after attacking. Time Bubble do not wear off like usual.
 :earth :earth Reprogram: Unstuck Clockwork Golem
You could Reprogram for free if there is a Hematite or Steel Golem
But buff it's stats to maybe 14/14?

This idea popped out from nowhere, maybe because it's just I imagined the smaller golems reprogramming the bigger golem, or maybe the smaller golem controlling it
Time bubbles prevent creatures from using their skills. It would attack once, and be trapped forever.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg264272#msg264272
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 08:37:12 pm »
hmmm.....

This would work better as a :time card.
Earth already has a good upper-MRA, shrieker, and graboid on top of that. As for the ability of Clockwork Golem (unupped) I like it. The attack is 8, but in reality, you are only doing 4 damage per turn (from a statistical viewpoint). Very nicely balanced.

I must say, Zblader, you've piqued my interest with this series of yours....
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline Werdbooty

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Werdbooty is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Werd to yer booty.
Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg264296#msg264296
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 09:16:00 pm »
Mmmm...clockwork. I avoided commenting on this until now Zblader, mostly because you got your card in before I could get mine. I've been bopping around the idea of a clockwork...anything for some time now. You ninja'd me most effectively here :)

The mechanic works great, I think. I agree that it should be a  :time creature, that element needs the help. But I see the golem aspect of it too. I like what you did with the skeleton as well...my first instinct when I saw this card was that it should upgrade in the manner of Phoenix. Then I scrolled down and bam! Already done. Good job.

Maybe just a silly question, but what happens if your opponent has a Turtle out and Golem attacks?
"A kind of synthesis, but with some elements that perhaps you wouldn't have expected in advance. I always like that when that happens, when something comes that is more than the sum of the parts." —Evan Parker

• Legendary Member
Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg264356#msg264356
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 10:51:55 pm »
Mmmm...clockwork. I avoided commenting on this until now Zblader, mostly because you got your card in before I could get mine. I've been bopping around the idea of a clockwork...anything for some time now. You ninja'd me most effectively here :)

The mechanic works great, I think. I agree that it should be a  :time creature, that element needs the help. But I see the golem aspect of it too. I like what you did with the skeleton as well...my first instinct when I saw this card was that it should upgrade in the manner of Phoenix. Then I scrolled down and bam! Already done. Good job.

Maybe just a silly question, but what happens if your opponent has a Turtle out and Golem attacks?
I know, I was debating whether I wanted this to be Earth or not, but since it was a Golem, it just felt more right to be Earth.

If turtle shield is played, the golem still only gets delayed for one turn. This is the same case as using basilik blood on a delayed creature - the delay does not stack but instead goes to the last highest value, that being Basilisk Blood.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Clockwork Golem | Clockwork Golem / Clockwork Skeleton https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20416.msg264357#msg264357
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 10:54:23 pm »
The only problem with this is that if you play Adrenaline on the upped Clockwork Golem, then for 5 :earth and 3 :life, you've got 10 damage coming every turn. Despite the 2 elements needed, that's only 2 cards for something that's the equivalent of a light dragon.
The only problem with Arch Angels is that if you play Improved Blessing on the Arch Angel, then for 6 :light and 2 :light you've got 10 damage coming every turn. Despite the 1 element needed, that's only 2 cards for something that's the equivalent of a light dragon.

The only problem with Elite Shriekers is that if you play Plate Armor on the Elite Shrieker, then for 8 :earth and 1 :earth you've got 10 damage coming every turn. Despite the 1 element needed, that's only 2 cards for something that's the equivalent of a light dragon.

The only problem with Gargoyles is that if you play Improved Blessing on the upped Gargoyle, then for 5 :darkness, 1 :earth, and 2 :light, you've got 10 damage coming every turn. Despite the 3 elements needed, that's only 2 cards for something that's the equivalent of a light dragon.

Need I go on?

anything
blarg: