*Author

Bleys295

Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475153#msg475153
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2012, 08:20:38 pm »
I like this change to this card. I've always seen fire as a warrior's element and this to me says "Lets fight, give me your best shot!" which is right up fire's thematic alley. This card will have a multitude of uses in it's current form, from speeding up combo decks, to forcing a discard in pestal decks. While not the most upfont with intentions, I actually think this is one of the more ingenious shard ideas.

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475425#msg475425
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2012, 02:10:25 pm »
I've already stated that I prefer Courage as the name, but I wonder if the ability would be more interesting this way:

"Your opponent draws 2 cards. Draw an equal amount of cards, one additional if your mark is :fire ."

Just a thought.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475433#msg475433
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2012, 03:21:06 pm »
I've already stated that I prefer Courage as the name, but I wonder if the ability would be more interesting this way:

"Your opponent draws 2 cards. Draw an equal amount of cards, one additional if your mark is :fire ."

ermm, aren't the effects the same?? your opponents still draw like you. i don really see the difference...

Just a thought.
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475439#msg475439
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2012, 03:34:32 pm »

ermm, aren't the effects the same?? your opponents still draw like you. i don really see the difference...

Just a thought.
no. you can only draw as much as your opponent and if you have mark of  :fire, that number of cards potentially rises to 3 instead of 2. With the version Napalm suggested, if you have mark of  :fire at least you gat one extra card than your opponent, effectivily giving you card advantage

Offline Picheleiro

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Picheleiro is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Engrish scholar
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475441#msg475441
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2012, 03:39:32 pm »
Well I dont co

no. you can only draw as much as your opponent and if you have mark of  :fire, that number of cards potentially rises to 3 instead of 2. With the version Napalm suggested, if you have mark of  :fire at least you gat one extra card than your opponent, effectivily giving you card advantage
Current effect: Spend one card. Your opponent draw 2(+1 if  :fire mark) and you draw exactly the same. Best possibility: You get x cards and your opponent gets x+1.

Napalm effect: Spend one card. Your opponent draw 2 cards and you draw exactly the same +1. Best possibility: Both get x cards.

I´m counting the SoB like -1 card. You get 3 new cards but spend one, but your rival get 3 cards with no cost. And that is with the  :fire mark.

It´s more about play fast than card advantage. I think.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475444#msg475444
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2012, 03:44:37 pm »
Well I dont co

Current effect: Spend one card. Your opponent draw 2(+1 if  :fire mark) and you draw exactly the same. Best possibility: You get x cards and your opponent gets x+1.

Napalm effect: Spend one card. Your opponent draw 2 cards and you draw exactly the same +1. Best possibility: Both get x cards.

I´m counting the SoB like -1 card. You get 3 new cards but spend one, but your rival get 3 cards with no cost. And that is with the  :fire mark.

Now that you mention it, this sounds fair to give equal card advantage.
Remember that a card slot is also a cost.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475446#msg475446
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2012, 03:45:40 pm »

True. Usually i dont account for the card itself wich is wrong, but the fact that you get the cards in your turn can make all the difference indeed

Offline Picheleiro

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Picheleiro is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Engrish scholar
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475448#msg475448
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2012, 03:49:52 pm »
Now that you mention it, this sounds fair to give equal card advantage.
Remember that a card slot is also a cost.
Are you talking about fill the opponent hand?

I never though it. Really. It´s the best setting to play this card, I guess.

Offline glennfoo

• glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475464#msg475464
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2012, 04:21:59 pm »
thanks guys for the explanation. in this case i prefer napalm version. the user of the card sud have an advantage
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475475#msg475475
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2012, 04:54:35 pm »
thanks guys for the explanation. in this case i prefer napalm version. the user of the card sud have an advantage
Or at least not a disadvantage. He have to pay quanta + card slot to get 2 (3) cards. Net gain = 1 (2) card. Opponent net gain = 2 (3) cards.
Napalm's version, net gain = 2 (3) = opponent net gain.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475528#msg475528
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2012, 07:42:15 pm »
^^ Agreed 100%.  I like the Napalm version quite a bit.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Thalas

• Thalas is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Thalas is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg475549#msg475549
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2012, 08:46:41 pm »

It's nice idea, but it hurts the versatility of the card. Current SoB can be used also as Deckouter in stalls.

anything
blarg: