*Author

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466957#msg466957
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 01:21:52 am »
Seems fun to me.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline n00b

• Reputation Power: 21
  • n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466959#msg466959
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 01:25:49 am »
Since drawing power is what combo decks mainly want, this is completely overpowered in a huge number of OTK decks (we're talking 2-4 turn wins of 100-350'ish damage (yes) in one turn that can't be stopped because SoB is a spell). You could probably fix this by not letting you draw more than your opponent can.

Also, I found a bug. Clicking one SoB in my hand turned it into a Chimera on the field. In truth I only have one Chimera in the deck, and it's in my hand. Iman00b8 can confirm this bug happening to him as well.

Yeah I can... it seems that if you play the card too quickly after drawing it, it turns into a Chimera... not confirmed, but that is when it has happened to me
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466962#msg466962
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 01:34:59 am »
does the chimera die after that?? i mean like spark it will die after that right?? since the chimera has 0 hp
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline bogtro

• bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466963#msg466963
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 01:35:43 am »
Confirmed, and yes to the above question.
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466964#msg466964
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 01:39:29 am »
With a cost of 1 :rainbow upgraded, this card seems ready to take over Precognition's position just by looks. All sillycritique in chat aside, I'd agree with the before-mentioned nerf that prevents you from drawing more cards if your opponent doesn't have the ability to draw more as well.

Overall, it looks kind of like Precog, but for :fire instead (though it also gives strong :light vibes). I'm not sure if this brings anything new to the table yet, but I'll let the card run it's due testing course and see where it goes.

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466968#msg466968
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 01:43:37 am »
My initial impressions: Mostly balanced with a possible scenario that it can be abused badly in (though not discovered yet)

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466969#msg466969
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 01:48:36 am »
Suddenly, fat decks and extremely fast (fire) mono rushes.

Seriously, even unupped, at the cost of 3 quanta, this can fit into anything. A mono life deck, a mono water, mono time. 3 quanta for 2 card draw is way more than worth it. Precogs can make a 30 card deck seem like 24, this can make a 30 card deck seem like 18 or 12.

Offline Fireleaf

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Fireleaf is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Ready or not...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466972#msg466972
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 01:54:41 am »
I just really can't understand what purpose this card serves when we already have precog, HGs, and an absurd plethora of powerful fire cards.  This just completely overshadows everything else when it comes to drawing in a rush. All it does is make a bunch of other niche cards much less useful.
There are 10 kinds of people- those who understand binary notation and those who don't.

Offline glennfoo

• glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466973#msg466973
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 01:57:18 am »
but if you have a
With a cost of 1 :rainbow upgraded, this card seems ready to take over Precognition's position just by looks. All sillycritique in chat aside, I'd agree with the before-mentioned nerf that prevents you from drawing more cards if your opponent doesn't have the ability to draw more as well.

Overall, it looks kind of like Precog, but for :fire instead (though it also gives strong :light vibes). I'm not sure if this brings anything new to the table yet, but I'll let the card run it's due testing course and see where it goes.

well i agree with your first paragraph.... but care to explain your second paragraph?? why do you think it gives strong light vibes??
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline glennfoo

Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466976#msg466976
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 02:01:53 am »
I just really can't understand what purpose this card serves when we already have precog, HGs, and an absurd plethora of powerful fire cards.  This just completely overshadows everything else when it comes to drawing in a rush. All it does is make a bunch of other niche cards much less useful.

erm, sorry but then only time or rainbow will benefit.... at least now don't you think other elements have a better card drawing mechanism as well?? and as you know fire has been nerfed a lot lately, i do not think SoB for fire affinity and seraph is very powerful.... seraph is very costly you know....

Offline Fireleaf

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Fireleaf is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Ready or not...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466977#msg466977
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 02:04:59 am »
Does every element have to be complete? Something being a shard makes it accessible to every single deck. For any mechanic that is something to be managed very carefully, and card drawing is something that "belongs to :time" as it is directly related to the theme of :time.
There are 10 kinds of people- those who understand binary notation and those who don't.

Offline n00b

• Reputation Power: 21
  • n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg466978#msg466978
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 02:05:22 am »
Just saying again, this is not a :fire card... it is an Other whose ability gets increased WITH :fire... it's no more a :fire card than SoG is a :life card
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

blarg: