*Author

Offline MasterofPun

• Reputation Power: 2
  • MasterofPun is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Strategist
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg1229904#msg1229904
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2016, 09:28:57 pm »
Love the mechanic but fits neither Fire or the name, IMHO.

I think it fits the name - as it both puts you in a bad place... and at a technical disadvantage (1 less card and 2 less  :fire quanta) unless you have a plan in mind. Fire deck is all about hurling yourself toward the enemy hoping for the best (low defense - high attack), so I think it's ok.
A tryhard strategist that strives to think outside the box as HARD AS POSSIBLE.
Very tryhard.
A hard thinker.
A Bible-believer that loves to answer questions.

Offline Mixnmatch

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Mixnmatch is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg1304310#msg1304310
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2020, 10:44:14 pm »
A bit of a necro, but it's not that there's a lot of discussion on this forum anyway, right?
What i read here is that plenty of people very underestimate the tempo difference between player and enemy, which is very crucial to analyze power of SoB.
Yes, on paper most of the time both players get the same number of cards and very often player casting SoB actually gets less cards than their opponent, but there's the trick - player using this card has first opportunity to use these 3 cards. It's a big deal when you consider that in these 3 cards you can draw that vital kill card or piece of combo or disruption needed to stop your opponent. In these situations it does not even matter that opponent draws cards because they can simply never live to their turn, or get into position where these new 3 cards are useless.

Purely number wise SoB is fair for both players but if you consider how big of a tempo swing for caster it may be, there's point to be made about it being extremely powerful card.

anything
blarg: