*Author

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485538#msg485538
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2012, 08:39:20 pm »
1> of course it lose against many decks but with that shard will lose against way less
2> don't whant to compare the difrence that drawing 3 cards is for a 30 card deck and for a 60 card deck
in a 30 card deck it's extremly powerfull as for a 60 card deck it will just help

It's a rare that improves win rate... hmm?
Instosis focuses on Sor, coudln't win without it. 
Poisondials uses sosac/sod helps it win a lot.
Splat uses ^ Probably couldn't win without it. 
Silence is golden uses sor/nymphs-amazing when it works, needs the rares
SS/Miracle stalls work because of miracle (and sod helps)
Sor Pharoahs allow you to actually use pharoahs in a mono.

SHARDS ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE DECKS BETTER
Why would you put them in a deck if you didn't?
As to SoB, it only makes games end faster, which makes grinding less boring.  As long as opponent is upped, they can get out quanta quickly too, and all it takes is an otyguy, or a couple freezes, or a single dimmshield, and the deck loses.  Draw a sundial in those extra 2/3 cards and you just essentially increased the win time by a turn.  If you can chain, you can dismantle an immorush.

it's clear that you don't go platium trying to farm....
half the guys in platium use shards and half of those have they're deck's based on them.

i was making a mistake in last post cause i where like saying SObe is OP but i don't think he is... i just think it's totaly nonsence... it's not fire job to draw multiple times THAT'S FOR TIME and once people start getting 6 SObe you will see that time decks will start to end.... as people can already use time advantage withouth having to use time quanta so you will probably see those shards in decks like shiriek rush, life rush, fire rush, death rush....
and well you can say they give the same amount of cards to bouth players but it's not true: if you're oponent get's a full hand he will not draw next turn so you got 1 card more than him. but still i don't want to convince you to nerf it, i want it to completely change as it is non sence to give a card with the skill of time making it avaliable to any element

if only  :time was allowed to have draw, :life should be the only one with healing,  :fire should be the only one with PC,  :death should be the only one with CC... your argument is invalid

also, Sobe is not a  :fire card, it just works better in a deck using a  :fire mark

Offline dspn23

• Reputation Power: 2
  • dspn23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • love sapphire charge art :D
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485542#msg485542
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2012, 08:45:22 pm »
i don't understand you're "fire with PC" and "death with CC" death barely have CC only poison...
what i pretend to say is that every elements should be the better to heal/draw ....
this could not work having 1 element for CC or PC but shurely can having only 1 for healing or draw.
however i will stop talking about this as what should realy change is SoF cause it's extreamly OP....

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485546#msg485546
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2012, 08:53:12 pm »
Spoiler for stuff:
1> of course it lose against many decks but with that shard will lose against way less
2> don't whant to compare the difrence that drawing 3 cards is for a 30 card deck and for a 60 card deck
in a 30 card deck it's extremly powerfull as for a 60 card deck it will just help

It's a rare that improves win rate... hmm?
Instosis focuses on Sor, coudln't win without it. 
Poisondials uses sosac/sod helps it win a lot.
Splat uses ^ Probably couldn't win without it. 
Silence is golden uses sor/nymphs-amazing when it works, needs the rares
SS/Miracle stalls work because of miracle (and sod helps)
Sor Pharoahs allow you to actually use pharoahs in a mono.

SHARDS ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE DECKS BETTER
Why would you put them in a deck if you didn't?
As to SoB, it only makes games end faster, which makes grinding less boring.  As long as opponent is upped, they can get out quanta quickly too, and all it takes is an otyguy, or a couple freezes, or a single dimmshield, and the deck loses.  Draw a sundial in those extra 2/3 cards and you just essentially increased the win time by a turn.  If you can chain, you can dismantle an immorush.

it's clear that you don't go platium trying to farm....
half the guys in platium use shards and half of those have they're deck's based on them.

i was making a mistake in last post cause i where like saying SObe is OP but i don't think he is... i just think it's totaly nonsence... it's not fire job to draw multiple times THAT'S FOR TIME and once people start getting 6 SObe you will see that time decks will start to end.... as people can already use time advantage withouth having to use time quanta so you will probably see those shards in decks like shiriek rush, life rush, fire rush, death rush....
and well you can say they give the same amount of cards to bouth players but it's not true: if you're oponent get's a full hand he will not draw next turn so you got 1 card more than him. but still i don't want to convince you to nerf it, i want it to completely change as it is non sence to give a card with the skill of time making it avaliable to any element
Actually, I do farm Platinum, well gold since platinums winnings dropped.  It's true that half of the people have shards, but decks based on them? Unless I'm misunderstanding you, your saying that the main strategy is to use shards? That would only be the new SoI decks.  Even splat/poisondials are based on poison, its just that they use sosac for defense, and besides, theres a lot less of them than monodarks, supernova bows, and other decks.  As to fire vs. time.  Time is based on getting ahead of your opponent by speeding you up and slowing them down. (Precog, hourglass, RT, Eternity, procrastination) Fire is all about reckless rushing.  Basically all monofires are immorushes (firestalls use light most of the time).  Time's shard would either prevent opponent from drawing, or allow you to draw.  This helps you both, as you hope that you can get out quanta and creatures faster (that's gamblin/being reckless btw). 
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485663#msg485663
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2012, 11:41:47 pm »
dspn23's opinion is that drawing cards (of any form, regardless of what other effects are involved) should be exclusive to time.  Everything you're saying in an attempt to convince him that the shard is appropriate does not address that particular point, which is why he's not buying your argument.  Unless you can figure out how to convince him that drawing cards should not be exclusive to time (and you probably won't, seeing as it's an opinion that can't be supported or refuted), you can only agree to disagree.

It's similar to how some people dislike having "ignore shields" on non-gravity cards.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:48:35 pm by RRQJ »

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485746#msg485746
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2012, 01:27:46 am »
How about this. Elements is a card game. Regardless of the element you play (be it :fire, :life, :aether, :darkness, etc) you will at some point have to "draw a card". thus drawing cards is not specific to any one element.

Drawing cards faster than your opponent is what distinguishes :time. SoBravery does not do that. thus it is not particularly  :time - ish.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:29:44 am by darkrobe »

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485748#msg485748
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2012, 01:29:51 am »
The problem is that some of us would like to see a definite thematic reasoning for the Shard.  Personally, I do not see how Bravery correlates with quicker drawing.  Maybe Recklessness, but not Bravery.  I'm sure there's some thin line that could be used though...

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485754#msg485754
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2012, 01:33:55 am »
hmmmm, charging forward into battle, regardless of what advantages that might give your opponent, because you trust in your own skill and cause...Bravery. (i really dont see why this is thematically difficult)

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485757#msg485757
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2012, 01:40:25 am »
Well, I see that as Recklessness as opposed to Bravery.  But everyone has their own interpretations, and this is merely my own...

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485782#msg485782
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2012, 02:21:04 am »
Come on, SoBr is a thematical card, and it ROCKS.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485787#msg485787
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2012, 02:27:33 am »
recklessness and bravery are not opposites; they are actually closely related.  They're opposite only in connotation (reckless is "bad" while brave is "good").

Example: You go sky diving.  Someone can say you're really brave (to express approval) or you're really reckless (to express disapproval). In both cases, though, they're acknowledging the fact that you're doing something most others won't do.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg485792#msg485792
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2012, 02:30:27 am »
Understood.  It's just a bit of nitpickiness on my part.  I've already accepted the shard since I'm probably never going to get it.

Offline Gemini

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Gemini is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Some other time.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Bravery | Shard of Bravery https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37207.msg486192#msg486192
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2012, 11:13:11 pm »
An interesting card, and it syncs well with DevourerĀ“s now to think of an effective fire and darkness deck...

blarg: