*Author

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg474478#msg474478
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2012, 10:41:38 am »
Which deck needs to explode 'all permanents in play'? Shields are usually preferencial targets when you play a rush deck, which is the deck thype this cards seems to fit in. Of course rushes doesnt have many explosions, but shields are also not many in normal decks. Reflective shields (beyond immune to Explosion) also have the damage reduction (which is a better one than Diamond shield vs this + SoW), if the opponent can keep it normal, at least they wont be buffed by SoW, and these will be dead cards, aside to the fact you also can put your SoW on this creature. And in fact would be a little buff to these shields, that are a bit forgotten. Bone wall could work better against this with normal attack, for sure.  But yeah, this is theory, I havent tested. PVP? Of course, it wont be on PVE from start.

In this case, I dont have 'delusions' about nothing. I cant figure developer intentions when he acts like this. Several cards of Fire were recently nerfed. Then he creates a bit of 'art' and some variety, possibly to not add more potential to Fire, and then chooses a shard to develop that works great with this one. Which cards benefit from SoW? Aether cards, anubis (which uses aether and costs a lot), and this one (of course, the cheapest of them, considering fire quanta production via Cremation. Isnt this strange? To me it adds more potential to fire, or SoW does, if you prefer.

Possible solutions? Dunno, maybe nerf Cremation again, lol. Lets make it produce 3 :fire at max. Or SoW can give +4/-1.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg474497#msg474497
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2012, 01:19:11 pm »
Just told you one example. Explosions aren't always sufficient, and are often pointless if you have other means of damage (bolts, momentum, poison, SoW). This card barely affects the meta at all and doesn't warrant any nerf anywhere. As many have mentioned, it's just a flavour card. Many elements need that, as our card base is low and we need variety.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg474535#msg474535
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2012, 05:03:02 pm »
Just as a small comment of another effect that it'll have on the game, there are a few decks in Upped play that use unupped crimson dragons instead of Ruby Dragons, since the comparison is.
12  :fire 15 Atk
vs
10  :fire 12 Atk

But now anybody who wants the lower cost in Upped play for the 12 Atk can instead opt for a Seraph, which has
:fire 12 Atk

Plus, with cremations it can actually use that ability occasionally. I'm not saying that it'll have any significant impact on the meta, just that now any deck that used to use Crimson Dragons in Upped play got a small efficiency boost.

Offline EvilDeathX

• Reputation Power: 3
  • EvilDeathX is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I am the McNinja!
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg475949#msg475949
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2012, 07:18:02 pm »
Who cares about the "Divine Shield" I would just use this as a beater. That's what the fire element was meant for anyway.

Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg477271#msg477271
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2012, 08:36:46 pm »
maybe Seraph is better than Ruby dragon, i will test him  ;D

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg477292#msg477292
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2012, 09:26:47 pm »
Which deck needs to explode 'all permanents in play'? Shields are usually preferencial targets when you play a rush deck, which is the deck thype this cards seems to fit in. Of course rushes doesnt have many explosions, but shields are also not many in normal decks. Reflective shields (beyond immune to Explosion) also have the damage reduction (which is a better one than Diamond shield vs this + SoW), if the opponent can keep it normal, at least they wont be buffed by SoW, and these will be dead cards, aside to the fact you also can put your SoW on this creature. And in fact would be a little buff to these shields, that are a bit forgotten. Bone wall could work better against this with normal attack, for sure.  But yeah, this is theory, I havent tested. PVP? Of course, it wont be on PVE from start.

In this case, I dont have 'delusions' about nothing. I cant figure developer intentions when he acts like this. Several cards of Fire were recently nerfed. Then he creates a bit of 'art' and some variety, possibly to not add more potential to Fire, and then chooses a shard to develop that works great with this one. Which cards benefit from SoW? Aether cards, anubis (which uses aether and costs a lot), and this one (of course, the cheapest of them, considering fire quanta production via Cremation. Isnt this strange? To me it adds more potential to fire, or SoW does, if you prefer.

Possible solutions? Dunno, maybe nerf Cremation again, lol. Lets make it produce 3 :fire at max. Or SoW can give +4/-1.
Actually the -1 Nerf would hardly affect anything other than seraph, so that could actually be a really good nerf.  However, I don't really feel like this is a bad thing.  SoB was going to work fantastically with immorushes until it was fixed.  This brings a bit of potential to said immolation, but probably not immorushes, as it takes 2 immolations just to bring out one.  The combo is extremely powerful, but it involves rare cards, which lets point out, are rare.  Also, in comparison, It is a tiny bit less than twice of the cost of a fire golem/destroyer, same starting defense, and just as vulnerable to CC.  Golem on the other hand can easily outgrow killing capacity, and in 2 turns (without any other cards) get the +4 attack.  Upped:  SoW + seraph takes 14 Quanta to get o 16 attack, while Golem takes 10 quanta for 17 attack, and you get 11 defense.  In immolation decks, seraph would essentially be vulnerable + weakish, invulnerable + strongish, then vulnerable + weakish again.  I think it has a really nice balance to it.  Its a bit faster, but speed only really matters in rushes, aka immorushes, and with 2 cremations, you can get out 2 destroyers for more damage, and grow each one the next turn.  It builds a lot of synergy between fire and light, and I feel like it's going to be my new favorite card, but it's not even OP, except for maybe in duos, which can be easily beaten by most rushes.
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline Cunning_Wish

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Cunning_Wish hides under a Cloak.
  • Times of Rank 1 in Platinum Arena:5
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg477545#msg477545
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2012, 06:13:11 pm »
a creature will can't be target is vert good,deals Stable damage,more powerful than ruby dargon.
【Burning Miracle】a deck out deck,only for pvp
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,39812.0.html

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg481701#msg481701
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2012, 08:50:53 pm »
The card is spinnable in oracle, in case anybody actually cares :P

Spoiler for Hidden:
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline pisul

• Reputation Power: 1
  • pisul is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg483597#msg483597
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2012, 02:24:19 pm »
you can just buy it on bazzar, no need to spin it in oracle :]

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg483672#msg483672
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2012, 04:19:46 pm »
----Edit----

I take this back =p So what if it isn't a new mechanic. More cards can't be a bad thing! =)

----Original Post----

As much as I like it, it feel like it's not needed. Fire already has Phoenix and it's dragon, there really isn't much of a place for this guy. I'd agree with Izaya, except you'd have to redo the whole mechanic more or less. Still amazed by the artwork.

So basically it's a fire creature that has lots of attack and no defence but makes itself difficult to kill.
Sounds familiar.
Oh yeah.

I don't get it :(
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:28:52 am by UndeadSpider1990 »
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg483701#msg483701
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2012, 05:28:23 pm »
As much as I like it, it feel like it's not needed. Fire already has Phoenix and it's dragon, there really isn't much of a place for this guy. I'd agree with Izaya, except you'd have to redo the whole mechanic more or less. Still amazed by the artwork.

So basically it's a fire creature that has lots of attack and no defence but makes itself difficult to kill.
Sounds familiar.
Oh yeah.

I don't get it :(

Thanks to Shard of Wisdom, it's a little different. But meh.
Not so active.

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Seraph | Seraph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37074.msg483704#msg483704
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2012, 05:31:36 pm »
As Zanz already said, this creature was made because fire was the next in list for receiving a card, and only needed some flavor, no new mechanics.
It's just a cute card, nothing more, nothing less.

anything
blarg: