*Author

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg404523#msg404523
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 05:52:25 am »
Methinks ~Napalm be abusing mod privileges. ::)

The nerf seems to suggest that Earthquake should also be nerfed - right now, they cost the same.
Good point. They cost the same and EQ destroys up to 3 pillars.

As for the deflag nerf....eh....it's not that big of a nerf, but that 1 :fire can make or break you sometime. I suspect steal will be the more popular PC option after this as it's only one more quanta yet it lets you steal the permanent.

Offline Picheleiro

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Picheleiro is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Engrish scholar
Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg404584#msg404584
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 08:59:39 am »
Fire is beaten very hard in last times.

I didnt see Deflagration|Explotion as a problem, really.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg404585#msg404585
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 09:02:01 am »
This will stop us to splash fire in decks for PC?

Giggle. :))
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Jaymanfu

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg404592#msg404592
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 09:48:34 am »
With how many powerful perms there are in the game and continue growing, its sad that limited PC control like deflag/explosion is being nerf'd. Lets just hope new PC control is on the way, but who are we kidding

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg404604#msg404604
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 10:36:55 am »
It's an awsome change. Fire needed a little nerf.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg404607#msg404607
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 10:44:32 am »
1 quanta is way too cheap for the ability to remove a key permanent from the match. I don't care if this hurts "splash PC", it's just a silly price for a powerful effect.

This does, however, increase our need for other styles of PC. I'd like to see PC versions of RT, Congeal, Iridium Wardens, etc. Or even a shield with some sort of reactive-PC effect on being damaged. Those sorts of "temporary PC" effects could fill the place of cheap, 1 quanta PC. Destroying a Perm completely, however, should cost more.

Ice Bolt and BBDoll hardly count - they are primarily used for pump bolt damage and reflective GPull respectively.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg404720#msg404720
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 05:04:35 pm »
Is good. EQ is fine as-is. I like Gumbeh's new avvy.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
R: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg404731#msg404731
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 05:29:51 pm »
People are proposing PC cards with new mechanics. Try to look at the  cards ideas section. I think new PC will come soon.

Tea is good

Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg404973#msg404973
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 11:26:06 pm »
Seems fine, on par with its utility. I don't think this signifies an eq nerf.

atomi

Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg406535#msg406535
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 05:48:47 pm »
With how many powerful perms there are in the game and continue growing, its sad that limited PC control like deflag/explosion is being nerf'd. Lets just hope new PC control is on the way, but who are we kidding
I agree with you and I'd like to have someone with authority come in and definitely say whether there will be something comparable to deflag/explosion for permanent control for use with nova decks for example.

What I'm seeing is a gradual move from creature based deck building to permanent decks, especially now with this Shard of Void I've been seeing. This divide in game play between permanent users and creature users is making matches too predictable.

I think the idea is that creating a schism between these two modes of play will level statistical averages of wins/losses, which it does.
But at the same time, If I see a deck with 6 Eternities and 6 SoG, I don't care how many creatures/buffs you have, you're going to lose bad.
Now add to that shield spammers...

I'm disgusted at this change and the lack of foresight that was displayed when implementing this.

atomi

Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg406545#msg406545
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 06:08:40 pm »
And hence forth, the Sun Dial wars began...

>:(

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Deflagration | Explosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2594.msg406547#msg406547
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 06:11:01 pm »
I agree with you and I'd like to have someone with authority come in and definitely say whether there will be something comparable to deflag/explosion for permanent control for use with nova decks for example.
Nova decks were already way too strong. A small nerf for them isn't a problem.

What I'm seeing is a gradual move from creature based deck building to permanent decks, especially now with this Shard of Void I've been seeing.
Um, and how is this a problem? Creatures are still used way more than non-pillar/pendulum permanents. Why not close the gap?

This divide in game play between permanent users and creature users is making matches too predictable.
I have no clue what you're even trying to say here. Most decks use both, and that doesn't even change predictability.

I think the idea is that creating a schism between these two modes of play will level statistical averages of wins/losses, which it does.
Schism between two modes of play? Seriously? Using permanents and creatures in the same deck is totally acceptable.

But at the same time, If I see a deck with 6 Eternities and 6 SoG, I don't care how many creatures/buffs you have, you're going to lose bad.
Now add to that shield spammers...
Eternity costs 6 quanta, Deflag costs 3. Who comes out on top? The deflag user.
And a pure damage deck can usually outdamage a stall.
And a 6 Eternity Deck wouldn't be very good and would lose to a lot of decks that aren't just immo or nova rush.

I'm disgusted at this change and the lack of foresight that was displayed when implementing this.
Fire has been the strongest Element for months. It still is. Nerfing Deflag and Explosion was a great change to bring Fire closer to the strength of the other Elements. If you don't want a balanced game, go somewhere else.
Somehow still around, somewhat

blarg: