*Author

Offline SpikeSpiegelTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217616#msg1217616
« on: December 11, 2015, 02:38:33 pm »
“Il mio nome è Vittorio Alfieri: il luogo dove io son nato, l'Italia: nessuna terra mi è Patria. L'arte mia son le Muse: la predominante passione, l'odio della tirannide; l'unico scopo d'ogni mio pensiero, parola, e scritto, il combatterla sempre, sotto qualunque o placido, o frenetico, o stupido aspetto ella si manifesti o si asconda.”
[Vittorio Alfieri, Misogallo, part I]

To be honest, I wrote a first a draw of this farewell post. It started from my first days here, to current ones, but that post was, meh, too long. It included tons of screenshots too, and other stuff. But in the end, it doesn’t even matter.

So I deleted it, and I’ve written this one.

I always said I’d be here until the last day, but unfortunately I was put in a position of not being able to keep my faith in this regard.
I’m one of the older members here, one of the older active players; I’ve held various staff position, and I always tried to do what, in conscience, I considered the best for the community. I’m sorry if I failed somehow, somewhere.
When, during War #8, I supported and voted for suspending an admin, I reminded all that a mistake can not and should not erase all the good that has been done before.
This hasn’t been applied to me, even if I’m still sure I made nothing wrong. I’ve been banned for a joke and to have stated an opinion. The majority of the moderators agreed with me that bans weren’t deserved for what I’ve done.
Actually, it wasn’t the sanction itself, but how it was given to “hurt” me. The total lack of respect for me, while giving the bans and after in the explanations, and the abuse of admin powers to handle and to escalate something that has been put on a personal level.
I was a chat moderator, a staffer. I have been arbitrarily removed from my position, by the same person, a year before, proposed me for that position.

Quoting an italian journalist, “E' meglio essere cacciati per aver detto qualche verità che restare al prezzo di certi patteggiamenti.” [Enzo Biagi]

Now, I see well this game is a game, important things in life are other…but: few weeks ago, just for fun, I calculated (according on forum stats)how much time I’ve spent here, almost 124 days. Since I’ve born April, 7th, 1982, I’ve spent on this community more or less the 1% of my entire existence.
I guess it’s enough to be allowed –at least- to feel sad, this moment.

I leave you with my best wishes (it’s what Romeo said to Balthasar):
Live, and be prosperous: and farewell, good fellow.

PS: Delenda Carthago.
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217617#msg1217617
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 02:40:50 pm »
Sad to see you go Spikes. :( .Enjoy life, have fun in life. And good luck in life.
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217618#msg1217618
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 02:42:22 pm »
Well, I've been around with you for nearly as long as you in this community. Sad to see another of the old guard gone, I guess I can't really speak for what has happened but I always considered you as a respected member of the community. Good luck wherever life takes you next :)
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline treebeard xiii

• Reputation Power: 18
  • treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217620#msg1217620
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 02:55:52 pm »
such a sad moment to see someone who was widely respected disappear after a couple of forum political mishaps this is the first time i've seen someone get knocked by such an event. I'm sure its not the only reason your leaving, but as you so succinctly put it is just a game and RL must take precedence over a game. I wish you the best is life and hope I will still be around to see a return if it ever happens.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:58:51 pm by treebeard xiii »
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217621#msg1217621
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 03:19:19 pm »
An old friend and great collaborator forum go out just now when ETG have few members... :(
I'll really miss you Spike one charismatic and interesting person, good luck in your real life.
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217624#msg1217624
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 03:56:21 pm »
Thanks for "raising" me and setting me on the path to where I am today. Have a nice life.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217627#msg1217627
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 04:43:09 pm »
Spike!! You're too old to leave! Where will you go to beat newbs now?!
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217639#msg1217639
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 10:28:17 pm »
Say "Hi" to Ein one last time for me.

We have certainly disagreed at times about things, but I hope you know I have always respected what you have done for this community.  My apologies if I ever made you feel otherwise.

May RNG smile upon you wherever you go from here.
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline DANIEELA

• Reputation Power: 19
  • DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • 6000 PVP VICTORIES
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217642#msg1217642
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 10:37:20 pm »
NOVI SAD,VOJVODINA,SERBIA
WAR:earth#7:time#8,#9,#10:death gen#11:fire#12
Tourneys 12X13,25I14,10I,20VI15,15VI,23VII16,10VI17,8XII18
Well,I'd like to help,but not as much as I'd like not to.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217643#msg1217643
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 11:25:02 pm »
 :time will never be the same without you. :(

Goodbye Spike... and thank you for everything.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217649#msg1217649
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 12:19:18 am »
:(
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Farewell https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60727.msg1217658#msg1217658
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 01:39:54 am »
1 less elements card maker :/

blarg: