*Author

midg3333

false god speed decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=653.msg6314#msg6314
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »

well, i've been playing around with a pegasus/blessing/twin universe deck and i've tried facing gods a few times. I've only won twice so far, but i was wondering if anybody had been successful in making a deck fast enough to take out gods before they can get their main deck strategies going.
For anybody who would like to help create a speed deck for gods here are some tips:
-the win rate doesn't need to be as high as that of say, a rainbow deck because if you can complete games faster, you can earn more even if you don't win as often.
-you need to be able to get enough creatures out on the field to get past bone wall (and dissipation field, but if it's fast enough that shouldn't be too much of a problem)
-you need powerful enough creatures to beat diamond shield, or other similar shields. This means that you'll need to get large amounts of medium or powerful creatures (because you need enough to beat bone wall)
-it may help to have some defences because quite a few of the gods get creatures out relatively quickly
-you need to be able to beat permanent/pillar destroy (this includes seism's quicksand, hermes' deflags, etc.)
any additions to the above list are readily welcomed and here is the deck that i've been thinking about so far (just as a general outline):

-wind mark (for dive)
-4x elite pegasus
-6x improved blessing
-6x parallel universe
-aether and light towers (not sure how many)
-upgraded sundials and phase shields (also not sure how many)

i haven't tried with the sundials yet, and i'm still working on upgrading some of the cards, but the general idea is to get a blessed (multiple times) pegasus, use dive with it then use parallel universe on it. The PU'd one will have 2x the attack of the original, then you can repeat this again on the following turn to get a further 2x the attack. This builds up quickly as you can see, but the main problems are getting enough quantums to make it a fast deck and rewinds...

any input is welcome.

Demongod

false god speed decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=653.msg9398#msg9398
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

Let's see:

All gods have 200 life.

Gods with critter control:
Seism (rewind+your quantum go boom, making it a kill spell)
Rainbow (Too many to count)
Graviton (Gravity Force, Otyugh, Firestorm)
Scorpio (Congeal, ice shield)
Chaos Lord (Congeal)
Hermes (Firestorm, fire lance, firewall)

Gods with miracle in their deck (aka GG your rush)
Miracle
Morte
Rainbow (!!!!!)

Gods with lifedrain:
Incarnate.

Anything I missed here?

Trying to rushdown a God is just plain stupid.

PuppyChow

false god speed decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=653.msg10250#msg10250
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:18 pm »

Let's see:

All gods have 200 life.

Gods with critter control:
Seism (rewind+your quantum go boom, making it a kill spell)
Rainbow (Too many to count)
Graviton (Gravity Force, Otyugh, Firestorm)
Scorpio (Congeal, ice shield)
Chaos Lord (Congeal)
Hermes (Firestorm, fire lance, firewall)

Gods with miracle in their deck (aka GG your rush)
Miracle
Morte
Rainbow (!!!!!)

Gods with lifedrain:
Incarnate.

Anything I missed here?

Trying to rushdown a God is just plain stupid.

While I agree rushing a God is generally stupid, Chival once had a flying fahrenheit deck at 40 or so percent, I think. I don't know the details though.

You didn't even mention Gemini (Phase shield/electorcutor) and Firefly Queen (fire lance, and empathic bonds healing him to full health after every turn).

And for a few of them, you missed the main danger. Morte probably wouldn't get enough light for miracle before you killed him, and he would probably not even draw one. However, the bone walls and plagues still make the strategy bad. (You forgot Morte's creature control via plague).

Also, if you got a creature high enough (even 10 plus, really, though I don't know the exact number), Chaos Lord will mutate your own creatures.

Same with Incarnant. The life drain isn't so much a problem as the bone walls.

Still, I agree that type of deck isn't practical against all gods, but it would have a chance at beating Firefly Queen and Miracle.

darkfrogger

Re: false god speed decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=653.msg20229#msg20229
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 08:10:12 pm »
I once beat fire queen with a fully unupgraded pillarless immolation deck. It was just pure luck and i had meant to click top 50 but i ended up facing level 6 some how.

anything
blarg: