*Author

Offline Tsmuji

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Tsmuji is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1108525#msg1108525
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 10:25:33 am »
Spun Obliterator today, got pretty close with mono entropy but the sheer amount of gpulls combined with nymphs not being allowed was a bit too much in the end.

Offline dragonsdemesneTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1108910#msg1108910
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 07:33:38 am »
Posted a failed deck for Hermes.  Was thinking one of the following might work; will likely try one of these the next time I spin Hermes.

quinted otyughs with lightning
pandebonium or bonebolt (without arsenics since it's rare; might be too slow)
some sort of liquid shadow/hp dragon
some sort of water control (dry spell and bolts will actually kill a lot of his stuff if done immediately)
NT/dry spell rush

Offline Tsmuji

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Tsmuji is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1109281#msg1109281
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 10:56:11 am »
Edit: I'll just continue updating this post whenever I find a deck with passable winrate/looks promising I think.

Dream Catcher
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm not entirely sure what led me to try this but it ended up with an EM so I have hope, drew through over half the deck before drawing a momentum as well. Some changes could definitely be made, not entirely sure on the use of the graboid, I just threw it in there instinctively as I was making a novabow.

Dream Catcher: 1-0
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 55q 55q 55q 55v 55v 55v 590 5c4 5fb 5lm 5lm 5on 5on 5rt 5rt 5rt 61q 61q 8pl

Ferox
Spoiler for Hidden:
RoL/Hope via fractalling Ferox's RoLs, it was an extremely close game all round, I got a hope up to 12 protection on 9 health and finished ferox off with 2 turns to spare but it's a start at least.

Ferox: 1-0
5la 5la 5lk 5lk 5lk 5lk 5lk 5lk 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 622 622 622 622 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 8pu

Incarnate
Spoiler for Hidden:
I just unupped your counter, -vamp dagger and gave it a few more quanta sources and it worked perfectly, plus it's a hilarious win.

Incarnate: 1-0
5v0 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v0 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 622 622 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 8pt

Jezebel
Spoiler for Hidden:
Owing to voodoo bravery's success vs Jezebel and the obvious power of enchant, I went for a modified It's a Trap! to see what I could manage. This ended up being a pretty nice strategy actually, but a few notes: QPs getting stolen is something I didn't think about, either removing them or protecting them is pretty much vital. Damage is also /very/ slow, needs to be worked on. A close win nonetheless, even with no EAs until turn 5 I found a lucky break in the cloak chain.

Jezebel: 1-0
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52o 52o 55t 55t 55t 592 592 592 592 592 595 595 595 595 5c1 5c1 5lf 5v0 5v0 5v0 8pm

Lionheart
Spoiler for Hidden:
I never really had any excuses for a loss vs Lionheart seeing as mono aether would have probably worked absolutely fine but I decided to check FG strategy for a reliable EM deck and came across this beauty. Despite probably the worst game both for mistakes I've ever played due to extreme tiredness and for horrible draws I still /just/ scraped a win which was an EM. Drew momentum for dune scorp with 5 turns left and ended up sending out the devourer to get devoured, then after thinking how stupid that was did exactly the same with the dune scorp, which would only have worked for a few turns due to lack of quanta anyway. This deck seems promising anyway.

Lionheart: 1-0
55p 55p 55p 55p 55q 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5rt 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5um 5up 5up 5up 5up 5up 5up 5us 8pl

Neptune
Spoiler for Hidden:
Unupped deck in FG Strategy works fine, I had a pretty bad draw with no deflags until very late resulting in a permafrost shield being up from turn 2 until the end of the game and still a pretty comfortable win.

Used this again, bottom decked dragons like a fiend this time and still won.

Neptune: 3-0
5f6 5f6 5f6 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61s 61s 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61v 61v 61v 61v 61v 61v 8po

Obliterator
Spoiler for Hidden:
Again used a deck from FG Strategy, however I ended up holding back the Maxwell's as due to Gravity Force on his own liquid antimattered creatures playing it would have been counter productive. Also no reason to quint his creatures due to my not playing any, so I think that this could be improved upon. It did still get me an EM though, worth 122 for some reason.

Obliterator 1-0
4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vd 4vd 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uu 5uu 5uu 5uu 5uu 5uu 621 621 8pu

Horrible draw, only 2 antimatters drawn with 8 cards left, may be worth retrying.
0-1
4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uu 5uu 5uu 5uu 5uu 5uu 8pt

Serket
Spoiler for Hidden:
I noted the weakness of Serket to Wings a while ago so I threw this together, after checking your upped counters it seems like dragons are probably a better idea as the excess of quanta I had was pretty large., although perhaps quite expensive for an absolute beginner. Comfortable EM all the same.

Serket 1-0
5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5op 5op 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 8pr
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:01:03 pm by Tsmuji »

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1109300#msg1109300
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 02:55:13 pm »
Following too. Will give it a shot.
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

• Legendary Member
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1109311#msg1109311
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:30 pm »
Yeah, I think the next time I get incarnate I'll do that one.  If memory serves (not at home atm so can't check) I have never lost with the upped version, so the unupped one should do pretty good as well, since it only loses a bit of speed.

Offline 040431212

• Reputation Power: 1
  • 040431212 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • A noob played it for years
Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1110539#msg1110539
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 12:12:38 am »
following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk [nofollow]
A noob played it for years

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1110724#msg1110724
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 10:28:56 am »
Yeah, this needed to be looked at again. I'm going to enjoy watching this.

On a side note, any news of an Oracle for 1.4 that gives out match info like this?
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

Offline CuCN

• Reputation Power: 25
  • CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Toxic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1110752#msg1110752
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 03:56:11 pm »
I think zanz said that the Oracle would point out the location of a FG on the map and identify which FG it is.

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1110777#msg1110777
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 07:34:20 pm »
I think zanz said that the Oracle would point out the location of a FG on the map and identify which FG it is.

Neat, so this will still be relevant, just maybe reworked.
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

• Legendary Member
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1110905#msg1110905
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 01:46:34 am »
Yeah, I have no idea how that's going to work in 1.4.  I think I read somewhere that there is still going to be a 'fast match' option where you can click on the usual ai0/1/2/3/4/5, as well as arena, and then the overworld map will be in addition to this, where you can meet community designed decks.

There is no FG update today.  I misread things, and so I brought an unupped version of my miracle counter against divine glory.  Needless to say, as soon as I realized what I did, I autoquit, because there was no way I could have dealt even 1 point of damage.

Offline ColorlessGreen

• Reputation Power: 14
  • ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1111029#msg1111029
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 04:37:29 pm »
Yeah, I have no idea how that's going to work in 1.4.  I think I read somewhere that there is still going to be a 'fast match' option where you can click on the usual ai0/1/2/3/4/5, as well as arena, and then the overworld map will be in addition to this, where you can meet community designed decks.

This is my understanding of how it will work (i.e. basically exactly how it is in trainer), so I anticipate things like FGEI and the other studies based on fighting random AIs of a specific level still being useful. However, what I don't have any information on is whether the oracle will still give you a prediction that works with the button, or if the oracle will only give you information that requires you to hike across a map and fight all sorts of other stuff before getting your prediction FG. If it's the latter, prediction decks are going to become a lot less useful. With that being said, zanz has (at various points) expressed a desire to make the early game easier, so I'm hoping he wouldn't remove such a good source of early game wealth. I remain optimistic.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:39:00 pm by ColorlessGreen »

• Legendary Member
Re: Dragonslaying 101 (Or, how to beat the false gods unupped with oracle counters) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52272.msg1111032#msg1111032
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 04:39:56 pm »
Well, if the thread becomes obsolete in 1.4, then so be it, but if it continues to help people until then, I see no reason not to keep it going.  And besides, there's been no official word on when 1.4 will be implemented; it could still be months away for all we know.

anything
blarg: Amashi