*Author

Offline The_MormegilTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Falling Empire - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30442.msg438953#msg438953
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 05:56:07 pm »
Being allowed to ask questions is horrible. Ask if you have used a similar deck before (Maybe 80% the same), if not then ask something about a weakness of your team.
Possible. I'm open to suggestions for another restriction for the New Court.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Falling Empire - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30442.msg1266721#msg1266721
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 10:07:09 pm »
I've heard many a times that people liked this event when it was run.  If the changes made by The Mormegil were to be added, would it balance it out?

I was thinking about this event, as I plan of running it again sometime (probably right after the next Trials and before War #5, like the last one was). What about the following changes to the rules? Note: I plan on changing around the factions' theme anyway, to keep things fresh.

New Barbarians (straightforward team)
Goal: Kill everyone else.
Upgrades: 8
# of Elements: 2
Ability: Ignore special abilities. Gain 4 upgrades if you lost 2 matches.
Restriction: 6 creatures.
Victory: kill opponent.

New Rebels (growing team)
Goal: Gain 20 upgrades.
Upgrades: 0+
# of Elements: 1
Ability: Ignore death once. Gain one upgrade per round.
Restriction: can only use duos.
Victory: gain 3 more upgrades.

New Twelve (decreasing team)
Goal: Kill at least (3*number of players+1) opponents.
Upgrades: 20-
# of Elements: 3
Ability: Lose 2 upgrades with each loss. Lose 2 extra upgrades per round.
Restriction: ???

New Sacred Order (influencing team)
Goal: Gain 20 upgrades.
Upgrades: 4+
# of Elements: 1
Ability: Can secretly bet on a matchup, including their own. If the chosen player wins, they gain 4 upgrades. If the chosen player loses 3-2, that player wins instead. This doesn't apply if they bet on theirself.
Restriction: must use 6 spells.

New Court (elite team)
Goal: Kill everyone else.
Upgrades: 12
# of Elements: 3
Ability: At the start of each duel, their opponent can ask two questions about their deck. They must answer truthfully.
Restriction: None.

New Crime Lords (secret team)
Goal: One of them must win.
Extra ability: Each round, they can target three players and ban 3 cards from those players.

Additionally:
1) If a member of a certain team wins, the whole team has a chance to win. The event will have a second part where all the members of that faction fight each other. Rules to be determined.
2) You can't refuse to kill your opponent. There shouldn't be a case where that is useful, either, with the information you are allowed to have.

Some quick calculations:
Barbarians need to win most of their matches as a team. However, with everybody except Rebels killing people left and right, kill everybody goals should be easier to accomplish: supposing 6 Rebels the number of players goes from 32 to ~20 to ~12 to ~7 to ~4... About 6 rounds in order to win. They also gained some more upgrades (and even more upgrades when cornered), and their restriction is lessened.
Twelve need about 4 good rounds to win. However, by round 3 most of their upgrade advantage will be gone, and from round 5 onwards it is likely that they will lose unless they are well ahead.
Sacred Order needs 4 correct bets and are frail in the first rounds. They might need further restrictions, as they seem a bit strong.
Rebels need to win 5 times before losing twice. They might even be UP now. Also, switched restriction to allow more reasonable deckbuilding rules, but I'm unsure about it.
Court is pretty much the same, just some less questions.

I personally seem to remember I liked this event, but it was very long ago. I think it would be a good idea to be run again.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

anything
blarg: