*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
How we can better encourage LCC submission of Weekly Challenge Cards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59959.msg1209663#msg1209663
« on: October 11, 2015, 04:53:44 am »
Alright, so, to make a long story short: we have a lot of cards submitted to the weekly challenge. Most of these submissions are at the very least good submissions that warrant A) discussion on balance (if the votes are any indication) and B) worth consideration for being played in a game...like Cygnia.

For example, take this idea:

Spoiler for 4. Ant Queen (Linkcat):
NAME:
Ant Queen
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
6 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
6 | 3
TEXT:
Ant: Generate an Ant at the end of each turn if Burrowed.
:earth  :  Burrow
NAME:
Elite Ant Queen
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
5 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
6 | 3
TEXT:
Ant: Generate an Ant at the end of each turn if Burrowed.

ART:

IDEA:
Linkcat
NOTES:
The name is not important.
SERIES:
Burrow
Spoiler for Ant:
NAME:
Ant
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
1 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 2
TEXT:
NAME:
Ant
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
1 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 2
TEXT:

ART:

IDEA:
Linkcat
NOTES:
Ant is not it's own card. It is like Malignant Cell.
SERIES:
Burrow
At the very least, it's a creative implementation of burrow and gives :life / :earth a fresh combo to work with, and could definitely be balanced more smoothly.

It also appears to have been forgotten for at least a month or two when it could've easily hit Crucible with some MS-paint art/with the current no-art-required policy in place.

So this leads to my question: people who participate in the weekly challenges, what do you feel holds you back from submitting your cards to Crucible? How can we better encourage cards to go from WC - > LCC -> to possibly Cygnia?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:10:00 am by ZephyrPhantom »

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: How we can better encourage LCC submission of Weekly Chalelnge Cards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59959.msg1209664#msg1209664
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 05:09:47 am »
Instead of submitting them, every month/two months/whatever, take all the submissions that win/earn points in challenges, and either automatically put them into the system, or into a separate poll through which the winner automatically reaches Cygnia.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: How we can better encourage LCC submission of Weekly Chalelnge Cards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59959.msg1209673#msg1209673
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 05:47:29 am »
I'm taking the ones I'm satisfied with and putting for a while to get feedback. After a week or so I post them as candidates.

The problem with just picking the ones that score well is that they still need feedback to fix balance (for example, Butterfly Swarm won the hybrid challenge but is completely broken)
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline Treldon

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do I have to?
  • Awards: 1st Place WC Winner: October 20152nd place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Solved the Ruby Mansion MurderSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeGold Donor
Re: How we can better encourage LCC submission of Weekly Chalelnge Cards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59959.msg1209677#msg1209677
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 06:18:05 am »
^ What he said.

When I'm satisfied with the card it get's posted separately, then goes to Crucible. But there are cases when the card only satisfies the rules but otherwise useless/broken (e.g Moon)
The one with answerable questions and questionable answers

10th Elements Council member == Brawl #4 :life Meaning of Life :life Artist == Brawl #5 :chroma A Toadally Newtral Team :chroma Artist

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: How we can better encourage LCC submission of Weekly Chalelnge Cards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59959.msg1209704#msg1209704
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 09:30:17 am »
A lot of my WCH cards are irretrievably unbalanced and, lets face it, rubbish.
When I find the odd one that I like, I have to make art for it before I submit it. Not an official requirement, but my own. And that art has to be good, it can't be "yeah that'll do" art. And art can take a long time to get just right.

For example, just yesterday I was arting my Psychic Pillar. I spent so long working on the base pattern, then when I extruded it took so long to connect it to another bit, and then I hollowed out the top and that took hours because apparently SketchUp doesn't like me drawing circles.

Eventually it was perfect. Then I rendered it. And it looked like something a five year old would draw.

Takes a while to do art, and in terms of time, that's my limiting factor for WCH->LCC.

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: How we can better encourage LCC submission of Weekly Chalelnge Cards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59959.msg1209705#msg1209705
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 10:15:35 am »
When I find the odd one that I like, I have to make art for it before I submit it. Not an official requirement, but my own. And that art has to be good, it can't be "yeah that'll do" art. And art can take a long time to get just right.

But your artwork for both Match Box and Refrigator are good, still waiting for the other Box series to get art.
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: How we can better encourage LCC submission of Weekly Challenge Cards? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59959.msg1210625#msg1210625
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 11:32:40 am »
Thanks for your opinions, everyone. As is, we appreciate the feedback on the WCC - > LCC process for designers and I'd like to continue encouraging everyone to submit Cards to Crucible.

That aside, this thread has been archived in Exhibition Hall for posterity.

anything
blarg: