*Author

Offline TiankPL

• Reputation Power: 2
  • TiankPL is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: 3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015
Re: [ChotM #3] 3-4: In response... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59652.msg1207145#msg1207145
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 12:09:26 am »
@TiankPL ... it seems a little odd to have acceleration and overdrive affected. The damage is actually being done by the ability the spell creates but not by the spell itself... unlike rage potion which does directly apply damage.
You're right, I didn't think about it this way. The -1 hp occurs after turn ends, so it's not really direct damage. I'll change it.
You can't always get what you want

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: [ChotM #3] 3-4: In response... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59652.msg1207147#msg1207147
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2015, 12:40:03 am »
@CleanOnion, Thats a very amusing mechanic... a little niche but I really like the potential for thematics there... Since you are focused on alchemy, what do you think of having it be "unstable reagents" or "tainted reagents" or "contaminated reagents" instead?

It reminds me of when I took a lab practical as an undergrad where somebody accidentally contaminated one of the reagent jar and it messed up the test for half the class.

Nice idea. Time's not up so I might as well snazzify the name. Cheers!

And actually, Harry in his younger years exhibited basic wandless magic which could be attributed to the Force.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: [ChotM #3] 3-4: In response... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59652.msg1207218#msg1207218
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 05:56:23 pm »
@CleanOnion, Thats a very amusing mechanic... a little niche but I really like the potential for thematics there... Since you are focused on alchemy, what do you think of having it be "unstable reagents" or "tainted reagents" or "contaminated reagents" instead?

It reminds me of when I took a lab practical as an undergrad where somebody accidentally contaminated one of the reagent jar and it messed up the test for half the class.

Nice idea. Time's not up so I might as well snazzify the name. Cheers!

And actually, Harry in his younger years exhibited basic wandless magic which could be attributed to the Force.

*Can't ... resist... tangent conspiracy theory...*
Then that must mean that all house elves were Force wielders...

Maybe they were descendants of a lost race of jedi that fled when the empire began its extermination campaign and subsequently became lost during cryo sleep in the long dark between galaxies before arriving in our solar system...

Was Dobby actually a descendant of yoda? His race could have lost his greenish tinge as a result of generations spent on earth?...

Can muggles be transformed into magicians via a proper transfusion of Midi-chloritians?!

Were Salazar Slithrin and Tom Riddle actually descendants of the ancient Sith Emperor Lord Vitiate?!

Were the Deathly Hollows constructed using knowledge gleaned from ancient Sith and Jedi Holocrons!!!?

Only Luna knows for sure ;)

okay... gonna stop now before I break into Gree language patterns resulting in Blue nonogon inducing Green Perpendiculars.

okay, back on topic...
I actually like that card idea a lot. I think you should post it after the competition ends.
... If only there was a permanent or creature that could create an endless stream of alchemy...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:13:19 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: [ChotM #3] 3-4: In response... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59652.msg1207295#msg1207295
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 09:08:01 am »
also, I'm assuming SoV would be affected as well, correct? That would be a nice side buff I think. I guess the upped version would act as a hard counter as well.

Isn't Shard of Void a Permanent?
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: [ChotM #3] 3-4: In response... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59652.msg1207329#msg1207329
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 12:52:04 pm »
also, I'm assuming SoV would be affected as well, correct? That would be a nice side buff I think. I guess the upped version would act as a hard counter as well.

but it technically has an ability.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline EspithelTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: [ChotM #3] 3-4: In response... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59652.msg1207384#msg1207384
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 09:27:20 pm »

but it technically has an ability.

Reaction affects both spells and abilities, but it does affect spells directly (ie: It's named on the card.)

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: [ChotM #3] 3-4: In response... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59652.msg1207476#msg1207476
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 02:42:08 pm »
Its a really hard choice between Contamination, Action/Reaction, and Snow Cloud.
I'm going to have to go with Snow Cloud though. It provides a very nice anti-CC in a quite unique way.
Even though the upkeep is pretty steep, limiting fairly strongly to :air :water duos (or perhaps quartet pillar builds in cygnia), it could still be quite useful in several archtypes. Gas, Nymph queen swarms and arctic toadfish spring to mind first.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

• Legendary Member
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: [ChotM #3] 3-4: In response... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59652.msg1209452#msg1209452
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 10:25:17 pm »
How to be a bad curator:
Forget to fix your polls!

Oh well. Here are the results of the ChotM:

Yep. Andre won that one. Let's just... Pretend we didn't see that one coming.
Treldon and Odin came second each.

Andre gets 3+2TM Points!
Treldon and Odin get 2+2 Points each!

This brings the scoreboard up to a healthy:
*Drumroll*

In first place, for this month, with 11 points...
Is Andretimpa! Andretimpa will be recieving gold. Conglaturation. Remember to bite into it to prove it's not lead.

In second place, for this month, with 10 points...
Is Treldon. Treldon will be receiving silver, and I congratulate him.

In third place, with a joint 5 points (It makes you wonder how balanced these points are... x.x)
Are TiankPL and Clean0nion! They'll both be getting bronze. Did you know that 1 cent coins cost more than 1 cent to make?

Monthly Leaderboard Updated.

Thank you for this season, people.
I hope we enjoy the next.

Offline TiankPL

• TiankPL is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: 3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015
Re: [ChotM #3] 3-4: In response... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59652.msg1209455#msg1209455
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 10:50:07 pm »
Wow, 3rd place. It's really cool :). I'd like to thank everyone who voted for my cards, as well as my mother (she won't read it, she has no idea what Elements are, but whatever, thank yous are thank yous ;) ).

Also, it's an honour to share 3rd place with Clean, I find his ideas interesting and inspiring. Keep 'em coming!

And of course, congrats for Andretimpa and Treldon for getting top places!

Also, I think it's really great, that there's such a thing as weekly challenges. I'm not a good card designer but I like to force my imagination to create stuff like this, each week. And seeing others' ideas, how they handle with certain task, is very inspiring. So big thanks for doing this!
You can't always get what you want

• Legendary Member
Re: [ChotM #3] 3-4: In response... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59652.msg1209832#msg1209832
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 04:19:18 am »
Wow, 3rd place. It's really cool :). I'd like to thank everyone who voted for my cards, as well as my mother (she won't read it, she has no idea what Elements are, but whatever, thank yous are thank yous ;) ).

Also, it's an honour to share 3rd place with Clean, I find his ideas interesting and inspiring. Keep 'em coming!

And of course, congrats for Andretimpa and Treldon for getting top places!

Also, I think it's really great, that there's such a thing as weekly challenges. I'm not a good card designer but I like to force my imagination to create stuff like this, each week. And seeing others' ideas, how they handle with certain task, is very inspiring. So big thanks for doing this!

Always welcome!

blarg: