*Author

Offline Tha_Playa_SlayaTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Tha_Playa_Slaya is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1188802#msg1188802
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 06:38:02 am »
yeah, if you check out http://elementscommunity.org/forum/elements-tools/elements-card-tracking-spreadsheet-1-324/
(antiaverage's card tracking SS) you can see how he used the "decka" data from the game to import a players card base.
It's pretty simple actually. ;)
@bripod
Cool, I didn't know about the decka data. I might be able to add a feature where it can auto-update when you say, click a button, assuming that you've fulfilled the requirements for that dev file to appear. It'll be a while before anything like this is implemented though. I'll post back whenever I get to that point and look into it.

Hmm, looks really good!

One thing though, is it possible to use this on a Mac? I've tried, but it said it couldn't support it.
@AD Storm Bolt
Yes, completely possible. I've been researching how to do a proper build for Mac/Linux but for now, I've updated the Github release page with another zip folder. This time, instead of a .exe that won't work on Mac/Linux (without hassle) you will find the the executable .jar file. It's not pretty since I can't wrap the icon into the executable but aside from losing  the application icon, it should work just as good.
You can find the Mac/Linux friendly version here.

But, keep in mind I've not had the opportunity to test anything on Mac/Linux and so some things - well some things might just be weird!
If you are going to be using it on a Mac, it would be great if you could post back or pm me some pictures and let me know if anything is wonky. And of course let me know if the thing works, please.
[it is to my knowledge that executable .jars will work on mac/linux]

EDIT: WOW. I've just had the misfortune of testing this on a Mac and boy is it broken. From what I can see, the program works as long as you have java up-to-date but many gui features are horribly out-of-scale and can't be fixed user-side. It's at this point I strongly recommend not trying to use this on Mac until I can put some time into compatibility-checking and altering some key elements of the program. Surprisingly, the Oracle section of the program doesn't seem to break anywhere, just enlarge the frame a bit. Anyways, sorry for the bunk program. I had intended to get a proper version together for the next release but it'll have to happen later.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:54:34 am by Tha_Playa_Slaya »
Creator of Elements the Game Deck Manager (EtGDM) - A quick way to save, edit, and organize all of your decks, with special False God assistance built-in!

Offline kirbylover314

• Reputation Power: 17
  • kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • They see me rollin', they hatin'
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2016 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1189498#msg1189498
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 03:04:58 am »
After using this for a while, I have some more feedback:
  • Make Ctrl+Z usable when editing deck codes, so there's no need to go copypasting again if there's a screwup.
  • Make line breaks to be ignored for more copypasting ease.
  • Make it possible to add or delete Oracle counters. This allows preferences and cardpool to be considered when choosing a counter.

Again, thanks for your hard work into this!

[Update] Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1190178#msg1190178
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 12:24:15 am »
Hello everyone, and thank you for your shards of patience - EtG Deck Manager has been update to v1.0.2!

New Features:
  • New Oracle option: Custom Deck(s) for False God counters!
  • Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Redo (Ctrl+Y) are now available on both deck code and deck notes text boxes
  • The import code reception system is now more robust (new line characters will not break other features). This should help when quickly transferring deck codes from other text documents.

The full release notes and download for v1.0.2 can be found here or in the OP. Please read the notes about updating in the OP.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. If you think there's something missing, let me know. Things that are planned on being added can be found in the OP as well.

Spoiler for Random Comments:
@kirbylover314
I hope you like the update!  :D

@AD Storm Bolt
I edited the post I replied to you in. I know what's causing the large issues I see on the Mac version: mostly stupid decisions I've made. I'll be fixing these issues in the future. As for now, I'm not releasing a Mac version as I consider it a WIP. I've still not checked how linux interprets it so I'm just leaving an unwrapped .jar file available in the downloads of the release page. It's neither for Mac or Linux but it is there.

@rob77dp
Don't worry, It looks like I'm working on your suggestions next. Probably the export feature first (it sounds fun and easy).
Creator of Elements the Game Deck Manager (EtGDM) - A quick way to save, edit, and organize all of your decks, with special False God assistance built-in!

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1191104#msg1191104
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 05:14:25 pm »
This is SO good.

+rep
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Re: Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1191623#msg1191623
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 11:32:46 pm »
Thanks, jonathancrazyj. And guess what - new update!

Mac users, please read my note later in the post.

EtG Deck Manager v1.0.3
New Features:
  • The Deck Manager tab is much better at managing its space and no longer looks ridiculous when maximized. (Ok, just a little.)
  • The Export Feature is in-place! Find it in the File menu or use the shortcut Ctrl + X. Exporting creates a forum-ready post in your system's clipboard. Open up a post window and simply paste the code right in!
  • Deck Notes system is upgraded to make better use of available space.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed broken "New Deck Binder" hotkey (Ctrl + B). It now works anywhere inside the application again.

The export feature is fairly bare-bones at the moment. Currently, if you want to spice up your exports you'll need to do it by hand (like adding color or changing font). Your options when exporting will likely increase as time goes on.
Thank you.

Links and downloads available in the OP.

Spoiler for Mac Users:
I'm happy to say this update fixed the worst problems EtG Deck Manager faced. The program is now stable and usable in the Mac environment. Some features are still buggy (like deck notes not always appearing when they should) but the core components of the program - deck management and oracle support - function as intended. Thank you for your patience.

@jonathancrazyj
I'm glad you are enjoying the program. Of course, if you have any comments or suggestions let me know.

@AD Storm Bolt
I believe most of the GUI-breaking problems are resolved and EtG Deck Manager is usable on Mac. There are still a few issues here and there, but it's much better than before.

@rob77dp
I told you I'd get back to your suggestions :D Turns out exporting was pretty fun to include. Thanks for the suggestions.

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1191634#msg1191634
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 03:50:05 am »
Gonna give this a try. Looks great. Thanks for putting in the work for this.

Offline Luminous

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Luminous is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • there is none.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1193018#msg1193018
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 09:44:25 am »
It's just amazing. It really helps more than it shows.

Hallelujah for this. +rep
War 6 ~ :fire
War 9 ~ :time

Re: Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1193105#msg1193105
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 02:39:56 am »
New update - this one is pretty.

EtG Deck Manager v1.0.4
New Features:
  • Font effects and colors:
    • Bold, Italic, Underline, and Strikethrough to your heart's content.
    • Change the foreground and background colors of your Decks and Deck Binders.
  • Update notifications: You will be notified that you are updating and from which version to which.

Bug Fixes:
  • Moving decks up/down using the hotkey Shft + UP/DOWN now changes deck order visually and saves that order on exit.

The download links are updated in the OP. Get 'em while they're hot.

@Luminous
Thanks a lot, man!

@UTAlan
I hope you're enjoying it. I've been having a lot of fun making this program and covering bases I didn't even know I should. Everyone has been leaving great suggestions. I'm learning a lot and having fun, so it's no prob. Thanks :D

@rob77dp
Font effects/colors? Check!
Some way to know you updated everything correctly? Check!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:42:11 am by Tha_Playa_Slaya »

Offline kirbylover314

• Reputation Power: 17
  • kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • They see me rollin', they hatin'
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2016 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1193107#msg1193107
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 02:44:27 am »
Thanks again for doing this  ;D

Re: Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1203927#msg1203927
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 01:01:18 am »
EtG Deck Manager v1.0.5 (links in OP are updated)
     Please upgrade to v1.0.5 if you are using any previous version. This update fixes some annoying bugs and will improve your experience.
New Features:
  • Sorting feature! (requested by rob77dp)
    • Sort decks alphabetically and in reverse
    • By the deck's mark
    • Or by most/least upgraded cards, copies of cards, number of cards, cards of the same element, and element variety.
      Spoiler for sorting example:
  • Checking for Updates!
    • In the Help menu, "Check for Updates" displays your current version and the newest version available.

Ease of Use:
  • Deck or Deck Binders in the Export windows are now click-toggleable. Simply click the items to select them for export.
  • User Manual revamped and "Sorting" tab added. (You can interact with both the User Manual and EtGDM at the same time)

Bug Fixes:
  • Changes to a deck's import code and notes not being saved when clicking "Done" button in Edit Deck window.
  • Dialog and pop-up windows appearing partially off screen. (Now, initial location is determined by the user's preference in the View menu, but the final location will always allow the full window to be displayed on screen.)
  • Empty and unnamed Deck Binders appearing when canceling the creation of a new Deck Binder and restarting the program.

Hi everyone! It's good to be back. Also, New update!
Last update (v1.0.4) turned out to have some unfortunate bugs, like not being able to edit import codes or notes. I did my best to test this version more thoroughly. I hope everyone likes it. Of course, send me any bugs or suggestions you may have.
Spoiler for Reported Bugs in This Version:
MAC:
  • Command+Q (Quit the application) closes EtGDM but no changes are saved. (For the time being, please use the red button in the top left corner of the window to close the application.)
  • Related^: No manual save option? What's up with that. (You're right. It should be a feature!)
  • Command+C (copy) and Command+V (paste) don't work. (For the time being, please read the spoiler for MAC USERS in the OP.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:22:46 am by Tha_Playa_Slaya »

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Local Deck Manager & Instant Recommended Decks For FGs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58303.msg1203934#msg1203934
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2015, 01:29:31 am »
Yay new update ^^

Thanks for doing this :D
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

anything
blarg: rob77dp