*Author

Offline VanWinkleTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • VanWinkle is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Under the Elements' spell since August 2012
Deck Calculator - New tool: Release and description https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1034547#msg1034547
« on: January 22, 2013, 10:20:22 pm »
Elements Deck Calculator

Why? I have been creating another tool:
First I have to give credits to Dragoon, whose great tool has been the initial inspiration for the Deck Calculator. But for reasons, mostly Googledocs is responsible for, like slow performance and sometimes being ridicoulous user-unfriendly, I wanted to have a tool working offline. I started with a simple Quanta-Index Calculatur, added a card reference and made my first steps with scripts. For filling the reference was a huge efford, I thought of what I possible could add, using the provided data. Well, I have got my tool, I had lots of fun programming the tool and hopefully it helps some of you out there, too.

So far .... VanWinkle

What? features are included:
There are three versions. The original offline tool (Excel) with quick performance and more features for personalized use. An adaption to open office grantingen basic features. And there is - on request - an online version (GoogleDocs), with less features and slower performance.

• Deck Table (Offline & Online)
  • Quanta Display (Offline & Online)
  • Quick Calculator (Offline & Online)   
  • Probabilty Calculator (Offline & Online)   
  • Card Database (Offline & Online)   
  • Query search (Offline & Online)   
  • Import & Export (Offline & Online)   
  • Deck Archive  (Offline)Card Collection (Offline)
  • Bolt and Catapult calculator (Offline)
  • Theme Card Lists (Offline)
  • Support (Offline & Online )

Who? may profit from the tool:
The card database showing basic synergies and possible counter cards may be usefull for new player. If you don't have memorized all cards yet,  looking up all cards in in the infobox grants quick access to the needed information. The query search helps to find possible combinations and reminds of cards, one may not have thought of at that moment.
  The Quanta Calculator allows to calculate and adjust the Quanta Index quick, including skill cost, after simply importing the deck code. The Quick Calculator allows Quanta Index calculation without choosing cards.
  The probability calculator provides the data where it is needed, right beside the amount of the cards in your deck. That way you can also compare probabilities.  The Decksize is calculated auomatically. This should be usefull for advanced players, too.

How? to use the tools:
Please compare the numbers with the picture below. The multipage and the diagramm are not shown on the picture, for they can be blended in (T-button and D-button). They replace the card database info box on the left (diagramm) and the Quanta display on the right (multipage). The online version''s layout is in most parts similar to the offline version show on the picture. Differences are explained below. Open spoiler for detailed description.

Spoiler for Hidden:
1. Deck Table: The Deck Table is where you choose the cards your deck shall contain. There are several rows, one for each card type. Enter card types into the "Choose Card" column. Enter amount of chosen card into the "#Cards" column. As soon as a card type is chosen, it's Element, Card Cost, Skill Element, Skill, and Skill Cost will be shown. The probability to draw a copy of the card at the first draw (1st), the Damage Ratio, Health Ratio and the Electrum the card costs is also shown.
Offline version
You may choose the cards from a dropdown in alphabetacal order order just start typing. The CPU will "guess" the right card soon. Quick access. Additional the amount of copies you own is displayed.

Online Version
There is a dropdown (small blue box on the right top), but it takes really long to load it. The good news is, it's much quicker after loaded once. You may also type in the (correct) card name. Best would be to import the basic deck. Instead of cards you own, the Eletrum the card costs is displayed.
2. Quick Calculator:  The Quick Calculator allows to disable Quanta Index calculation with the cards chosen in the Deck Table and allows to enter simply the amount of Pillars and Pendula. The Quick Calculator can be turned off and on for each Element seperatly.
Offline version
The Buttons right to each Element turn the Quick Quanta Calculation on and off. Enter amount of Pillars/Pendula.

Online Version
Use Dropdown to change fields from red (FALSE) to green (TRUE) and the Quick Calculator for the specified Element will be enabled.

3. Quanta Display:  The Quanta Index (QI), Quanta Usage (QU) an Quanta left for QU=5 (QL) is shown for each Element. The Tweak Column allows to modify the Quanta Usage by entering positive or negative numbers. This is may for example be usefull to compensate the Skill Cost of skills you know you won't use.
Offline version
Featured                                                                   
Online Version
                                                          Featured
4. Card Database: Card Description and other information about the Card chosen is displayed. The card can be chosen by typing the (correct) name or using the dropdown,

Offline version
The card is chosen on the bottom of the box. You may also use UP and DOWN keys.

Online Version
The card is chosen at the top of the box. Dropdown slow the 1st time.

5. Import/Export: A Deck Code (maximum 60 cards) is loaded into the deck table. The Cards in the Deck Table are transformed into a Deck Code.
Offline version
On the left is a I-Button, which opens a Deck-Import window. Paste deck code (Ctrl V), fill the imported code into the Deck Table or clear the cards currently chosen in Deck Table.The Deck Table is cleared automatically before the import.The Export Code can be found on the Multipage (Transfer)
Online Version

Paste Deck Code into cell A14. The Import will start at once. Wait until the import is complete and the decksize has reached the correct amount. Then clear the cell, for otherwise your changes will always be overwritten by the Import. Clear Deck Table before the import (delete card names and amount). A 30 Card import after creating a 35 card deck will leave the last 5 cards untouched!

6. Query Search: The Query search allows to filter cards by entering search terms for the categories "Elemet", "Skill", "Skill Element", "Counter", "Synergies" and "Card Cost". Card Cost gives back cards with the exact cost. Activate "Less than" to search for a cost range.
Offline version
The Query search can be found on the Multipage (Find). The "i" button transfers the card chosen in the list to the Card database info box on the left.
Online Version

The Query search can be found on the left. The results are shown nĀ“beneath on the left side. Results can't be connected with the Card Database Info Box.
7. Probability Calculator: Fill in the number of copies you want in the specified amount of draws. In the next cell the probability to draw at least the wanted amount is shown. No card needs to be chosen to calculate, only the amount of copies in deck needs to be chosen. The probabilty may be calculated for each slot seperatly to allow comparison. The Maximum of copies allowed is 15.
Featured online and offline.

8. Probability Table and Diagramm:  The probability to draw at least one copy of the first 8 cards in the DEck Table for the first 15 draws of the game is calculted automatically. The exact numbers are shown in a table on the bottom of the spreadsheet.
Offline version
  Additional to the Probability Table the D-Buttons on the left open, close and zoom a diagramm showing the probabiliies.
Online Version

Diagramm not featured in the online version
9. Deck Archive: The A-Button opens the Deck-Archive window. There are 30 slots, you can save up to 30 deck codes to the archive, including deck name, deck purpose (pvp1,  Elder, ...), deck strategy, deck description and ideas for further developement. Only featured Offline.
10. Card-Collector: Use the C-Button on the left to save the chosen amount of copies of the cards in the Deck Table to the spreadsheet. Replaces older entries, does not sum up. The statistics of the Cards you own is shown on the multipage (Collect). The amout of cards is shown in the right column of the Deck Table. Only featured Offline.

6. Extra Tools: The Multipage (Calculate) features a Bolt calculator (for fire and ice) and  Catapult calculator including freeze. Only featured Offline.

6. Card Lists: The Multipage (Choose) features several lists of cards sorted by certain characteristics (Healing Cards, Poison Cards, CC-Cards...) Only featured Offline.

11. Deck Cost:: The Deck Cost is the sum of Electrum all the cards in the Deck Table would cost at the Bazar and being upgraded.
Offline version
The cards saved in the Card Collector are subtracted from the calculation. Deck cost shows Electrum needed to buy missing cards.
Online Version

For there is no Card Collector, Deck cost shows overall cost
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Mea culpa! Mea maxima culpa!
Yes, I have been using scripts (macros) and you security will drive crazy. This is the reason: I simply had to fill the calculated content of one cell into another cel, overwriting the  values. This is needed for the import and it does no harm to anything. I may add a version withot script code and the script code seperatly to be filled in after the download, if requested.

Yes, I confess, I transfered my tool to googledocs. But I had more "fun" programming the tool with that permormance and handling than you have using it. But it's online, for free and I'm open for alternatives. Maybe I can adjust the tool for open office use, if requested.

Yes, it's an nearly unforgivable sin, but the mark is not included into the deck code import and export. You have to choose the mark by hand. Please feel free to adjust my spreadsheet and send me the improvement.

English is not my mother language. Please forgive any mistakes. If anything is too wired to understand, please tell me by PM or the support formula (see Support below for link)
(Of course I mean "weird" not "wired", good example :))

Support:
For the spreadsheets may be messed up, if by accident formulas are deleted, I have installed two support devices.

I. On the left side of the online verson's spreadsheet is a box, which can be switched from green ("working fine") to red ("tool broken"). This helps other users, not to waste time on a corrupted spreadsheet. And I'll be informed about the change by eMail. Then I can simply replace the spreadsheet with a fresh copy.

II. There is an Online-Formula, where anyone, not only players registered in this forum, can comment on the tools, ask questions, report bugs or suggest improvements:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uaHHsz9C3-RdZ_a2V-bsJPBGgMsgsJPGqINlmQjWdr8/viewform

III. Only use the Calculator Sheet. Do not delete cells or mess up the tool by overwriting formulas.
If the tool is messed up, download a new one. I'll help to recover the Card collector and the deck archive. Sometimes you need to use keeys to copy and paste.

The Links (finally):

Offline version:
Excel
https://rapidshare.com/files/2227584133/Deck-Calculator_v0.4.xls
Open Office
http://rapidshare.com/files/262131249/Deck-Calculator_v0.1.ods

Online version (GoogleDocs):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsSB5wx940t1dGZxMld3RjBaaVhPcm1tT1J6UVhNQXc&usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsSB5wx940t1dHpoOGRuX25IdnItMjVGVGFldXluSnc&usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsSB5wx940t1dHlBTVVkR2N6NW9kZTIzdF9UaVMzcWc&usp=sharing

HAVE FUN (and don't use the tool against my decks, please, be nice, have mercy, no?)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:32:48 pm by VanWinkle »

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Deck Calculator - New tool: preview and looking for testers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1034552#msg1034552
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:44:01 pm »
I'd love to see an easy to use hypergeometric probability calculator.  I know how to do that sort of stuff, it's just time consuming, but if I could just plug it into an easy elements-specific tool, that would be awesome.  I've seen math websites with that sort of thing, but since they didn't have elements specifically in mind, it's a little too general-purpose.

A few other simple things I wouldn't mind seeing:

-a simple tool for calculating the odds of getting certain quanta with a certain number of quantum pillars out, i.e. how likely am I to generate at least 3 time quanta this turn with seven quantum pillars out?  It's not hard to calculate, but I'm not going to stop midgame to figure it out, whereas if it were as easy to use as, say, a bolt calculator, I might

-a tool for determining the odds of things from fate egg, pandemonium, or mutation.  For instance, the odds of getting a creature with at least 4 attack from fate egg, or things like that.  A bunch of that would probably require knowledge of the elements code, though, since I have no idea if everything has equal odds or not.  For instance, maybe nymphs hatch at a lower rate from fate eggs, or maybe the mutant steal ability is rarer than mutant poison.  (I think they're all equal, but I've never bothered to test or ask)

Offline Zarathustra1883

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Zarathustra1883 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Thus spoke Zarathustra...let there be Elements
Re: Deck Calculator - New tool: preview and looking for testers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1034557#msg1034557
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:56:26 pm »
No clue about this kind of tools, but even if it is only for the effort you put in to give something to the community this is absolutely +rep worthy if not even a must rep!
The true man wants two things: danger and play! For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Deck Calculator - New tool: preview and looking for testers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1034608#msg1034608
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:22:43 am »
As with all these types of tools, I'd highly recommend porting this to HTML/Javascript so it can be used online and by everyone.

That said, what you have so far looks good. I'd say there'll be plenty of interest in this, so go ahead and post a download link once you've finished testing. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Re: Deck Calculator - New tool: preview and looking for testers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1034770#msg1034770
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 07:00:32 pm »
-a simple tool for calculating the odds of getting certain quanta with a certain number of quantum pillars out, i.e. how likely am I to generate at least 3 time quanta this turn with seven quantum pillars out? 

That should be possible, I could probably add that on the weekend. Concerning the fate egg, after thinking about it, this could be added too. For I have entered all the card stats like damage and health and presuming the odds are equal, i could make make a dropdown, from which one chooses the wanted characterstic ike Damage, and a field to enter the wanted amount. Its no problem to count, how many cards fit to the wanted characeristics. On that basis the probabilty would be easy to calcuate.

The feature to calculate the probabilty to get at least a certain amount of copies with a certain number of draws is easy to use. You do not even have to choose a card. You can calculate the probababilty for all cards an then compare.
 If you send an email adress to my account, i will transfer a copy of the tool via we-transfer. Would be glad to know your opinion after trying it out.

To Xenocidius:
One of the reasons why I'm not simply using Dragoons toolset is, because it was so slow online. So the toolis working offline by purpose. On the other hand, if I get some help, an onine version after the release of the offline version might be useful for some player.

To Zarathustra1883:
Thanks a lot. By the way, I'm from Bielefeld.

Offline Dragoon

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dragoon hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #5Winner of Rags to Riches - PvP Event
Re: Deck Calculator - New tool: preview and looking for testers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1035856#msg1035856
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 01:04:20 am »
It looks like a lot of work into it. I'd love to take a look at it, but I unfortunately don't have Excel.

I always did want to do more with my toolset, but like you said, I found it to went slower and slower the more I added to it. Now, it would require quite a bit of work to update it, streamline it, and make it more user-friendly.

As xeno said, it'd be nice to have a web tool (and I don't mean Google docs). Unfortunately, that requires another skill set. My one suggestion would be to really try to make it is as user-friendly as possible. A good interface makes a big difference. I know mine was seriously lacking in that department and I'm sure it scared off a lot of people from using it.

Offline UnderneathTheLens

• Reputation Power: 10
  • UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Deck Calculator - New tool: Release and instructions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1035858#msg1035858
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 01:06:16 am »
"Download not available
Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)"

Re: Deck Calculator - New tool: Release and instructions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1035969#msg1035969
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 07:59:45 am »
"Download not available
Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)"

Thanks a lot for the hint, never used rapidshare before, i see how I can change that.

That was much to comlicated, but the file should be assecible for all now. Didn'T notice, because I stayed logged in an could download the file without problems.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:22:04 am by VanWinkle »

Re: Deck Calculator - New tool: preview and looking for testers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1035972#msg1035972
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 08:36:16 am »
It looks like a lot of work into it. I'd love to take a look at it, but I unfortunately don't have Excel.

I always did want to do more with my toolset, but like you said, I found it to went slower and slower the more I added to it. Now, it would require quite a bit of work to update it, streamline it, and make it more user-friendly.

As xeno said, it'd be nice to have a web tool (and I don't mean Google docs). Unfortunately, that requires another skill set. My one suggestion would be to really try to make it is as user-friendly as possible. A good interface makes a big difference. I know mine was seriously lacking in that department and I'm sure it scared off a lot of people from using it.

Hi Dragoon,
I'm really glad to hear from you,because this project owes a lot to you. I thoufght you were not interested in tools anymore. You may use my card refrence (updated by hand), to refreash yout tool if you like. But I'm thinking about adding marks an relic cards tzo the refenerence, you may want to wait until that. You should be able to upload a sheet to Google-docs?

I'll test the woorkbook on openoffice today. Maybe that way a cooperation can take place, because I really like your work. I would like to hear your opinion about some probability calculations.

##EDIT: The main part of the sheet works with open office, but the makros and some active-x elements have to be adjustet. Perhaps I'll create an open office version. Would be faster than online. Would that help?###

My first tool was the mere attempt to create a less complex version of your tool for my own use. I programmed my own dog, too. But then some principal problems occured. I came to the same conclusion you did. Finding out the most probable card every draw, should generate the most probable order of cards drawn. But then I realized, that a row of most probable events isn't probable at all! Perhaps we can mix our thoughts and create a powerful, userfriendly online tool?

So far ... VanWinkle

P.S. This tool is most interesting for new players,  who wish to have an overview of the cards they possibly can use in their deck. Therefor I soon had the idea to add an random-tip generator, blending in inside infiormation like: "Using chimara on an aflatoxin infected creature turns the chimera into a cell." For I'm quite new to the game, I can't provide enough hints right now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:40:07 am by VanWinkle »

New Version online - Import and Export added https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1036725#msg1036725
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 11:36:40 pm »
Hi,

for I had no experience with java, I had to read a few tutorials, before I could write the script.

I've added 2 buttons to the menu bar (Import and Export)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsSB5wx940t1dDNTd1RFSG5BSndKNXhOSlFaanlCQVE

It seems, scripts are only accecable for registered user (googledocs). As soon as I Logout the buttons disapear. I have to think about the problem.

1st solutin onlne:
There are now two links. One for Googledocs user, who can use the buttons described above. The other for everyone who does ot want to register.

I have added a trigger to the import script. Everytime a cell is edited, the script will start to import the deck code placed in the cell next to th I. For that, it is wise to delete the deck code after the Import. As long as the cell is empty, editing other cells wont replace the deck currently in use.

The non user link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsSB5wx940t1dHNLZWxOQ0V4NkgwZlZxYWpzNWFvcUE#gid=0

So far  ...  VanWinkle
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:17:19 pm by VanWinkle »

New Download Version available https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1036959#msg1036959
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 08:39:02 pm »
I've upped version 3 of the full version. It an be downloaded here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2525209866/Deck-Calculator_v0.3.xls

So far  ... VanWinkle

New Versions, new guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46195.msg1037877#msg1037877
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 05:46:29 pm »
Hi,

there have been some changes:

a) I have replaced the complete text and added a detailled description for the offline and the online tool.

b) The latest versions (hopefully the final for some time) have been uploaded.

c) A link to a website for support, bug report and comments on the tool, free for everyone, also players not registered to the forum, has been added. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/181SSLh8Jeba4L3mSrCH1GafxAvFDgo9Tv1n7hY1luqE/viewform

So far ... VanWinkle
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:08:40 pm by VanWinkle »

anything
blarg: