*Author

Offline iancudorinmarianTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Newsletter Interviews https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62953.msg1244105#msg1244105
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 06:30:57 pm »
I have made my post a bit nicer. I would also like to apologize for any flame war I may have created.

I would also like to publicly apologize to Discord for all of this. Although her way is not the right one, my way of handling this situation was not the right one either.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:49:38 pm by iancudorinmarian »

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Newsletter Interviews https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62953.msg1244106#msg1244106
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 06:32:12 pm »
I think the community generally overemphasizes on how much work it takes to out together a newsletter. I've spoken to previous NLW, Dm in the past, and he's said it doesn't take much more than a week at the end of the month to compile all the info into the pre-built newsletter format. I also don't think adding more moving parts to the metaphorical machine isn't good, as more parts is more to go wrong, but the machine can adapt its workstyle to accomodate for another job.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:35:25 pm by Solaris »

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Newsletter Interviews https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62953.msg1244111#msg1244111
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 07:23:28 pm »
I think the community generally overemphasizes on how much work it takes to out together a newsletter. I've spoken to previous NLW, Dm in the past, and he's said it doesn't take much more than a week at the end of the month to compile all the info into the pre-built newsletter format. I also don't think adding more moving parts to the metaphorical machine isn't good, as more parts is more to go wrong, but the machine can adapt its workstyle to accomodate for another job.

Ok, definitely value the input of an active NL in the thread.  Your thoughts on updating the archive threads so you can see the name of deck/card ideas and the date of interviews without clicking on the spoilers for easier verification of "used" ideas?
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Newsletter Interviews https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62953.msg1244112#msg1244112
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 07:26:59 pm »

Ok, definitely value the input of an active NL in the thread.  Your thoughts on updating the archive threads so you can see the name of deck/card ideas and the date of interviews without clicking on the spoilers for easier verification of "used" ideas?
I'm Council, TO, and CO, not NL (might be misinterpreting what you meant here), but nonetheless, I see nothing but benefit from it. The readers get fresh decks/card ideas, and it's easier for the NLWs to discern what has and hasn't been done, all from a short stint of work to arrange everything :)

Offline Silver Emerald

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Silver Emerald is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
Re: Newsletter Interviews https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62953.msg1244123#msg1244123
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 09:53:58 pm »
I read this thread earlier, then had a long day while many more posts were added, and am not currently prepared to give well-written thoughts on the matter. Primarily posting right now to add that a chronological list of interviews exists; I put it together yesterday prior to the beginning of this discussion. This is a quote from the Newsletter Writer board.

Spoiler for Hidden:
When possible, this directs to the Featured Community Member thread; else, the Featured Community Member Archive; else, the newsletter for the month; else, no link.

This list is being made and maintained primarily since Newsletter staff are considering re-interviewing members who were last interviewed a minimum of two years ago. The cutoff is clearly indicated in the list.

October 2012 - Drake_XIV
November 2012 - No newsletter.
December 2012 - No interviewee.
Janurary 2013 - deuce22
February 2013 - n00b
March 2013 - Chapuz
April 2013 - mrpaper
May 2013 - Wizardcat
June 2013 - Hyroen
July 2013 - Opsinis
August 2013 - Calindu
Septmeber 2013 - vrt
October 2013 - Laxadarap
November 2013 - Marsu
December 2013 - No newsletter.
January 2014 - Dm1321
February 2014 - ddevans96
March 2014 - justaburd
April 2014 - No newsletter.
May 2014 - Blacksmith
June 2014 - SpikeSpiegel
July 2014 - Submachine
August 2014 - Jen-i
September 2014 - Adfarenty
October 2014 - CuCN
November 2014 - dawn to dusk
December 2014 - No interviewee.
January 2015 - Odii Odsen
February 2015 - Zawadx
March 2015 - worldwideweb3
April 2015 - No interviewee.
May 2015 - Krzysiekxd
June 2015 - Physsion
July 2015 - RootRanger
August 2015 - Ginyu
September 2015 - theelkspeaks
October 2015 - antiaverage
November 2015 - Fippe94
December 2015 - JonathanCrazyJ
January 2016 - MeowMeowCat
February 2016 - Discord
March 2016 - mathman101
April 2016 - ji412jo
May 2016 - kinkykitten624
June 2016 - iancudorinmarian
July 2016 - Jenkar
August 2016 - CleanOnion
September 2016 - rob77dp

October 2016 - dark ripper
November 2016 - Skotadi Phobos
December 2016 - Theonlyrealbeef
January 2017 - vagman13
February 2017 - UTAlan
March 2017 - skyironsword
April 2017 - Ryli
May 2017 - majofa
June 2017 - Aves
July 2017 - Espithel
August 2017 - DoctorC
September 2017 - Antiaverage
October 2017 - kaempfer13
November 2017 - CactusKing
December 2017 - Vineroz
January 2018 - TribalTrouble
February 2018 - Mr Muffin
March 2018 - ddevans96
April 2018 - Interview Answers not returned to NLW team
May 2018 - Lunaris
June 2018 - Vindilos
July 2018 - Zyardran
August 2018 - Monox D. I-Fly
September 2018 - Higurashi

October 2018 - Kalinual
November 2018 - Deuce22
December 2018 - ji412jo
January 2019 - Blacksmith
Interview questions not returned to NLW
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 12:17:05 am by MasterWalks »
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Newsletter Interviews https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62953.msg1244126#msg1244126
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 10:02:54 pm »
This topic mentions a few more featured members in the second and third post: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/elements-council/featured-community-member-archive/
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Newsletter Interviews https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62953.msg1292886#msg1292886
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 08:20:05 pm »
This has not been updated since February.

blarg: