*Author

Offline The OracleTopic starter

• The Oracle
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!The Oracle shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • The voice of Elements
Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404784#msg404784
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:17:01 pm »
Featured Community Member

The idea of this project is to interview active and well-known community members to learn more about them.  Each member will be asked the ultimate questions on Life, the Elements, and everything.  Answers will hopefully be entertaining, educational, or something you can use against these people in PvP.

Interviews are not posted in any particular order.  We will start with seasoned veterans and work our way down to newer members but post counts don't matter that much; what matters more is who we bump into in Chat or the forums.  Council will also try to add some members who are in the spotlight during that particular moment, for example being assigned a new forum job or title, or winning a PvP event.

CURRENTLY FEATURED MEMBER:

Blacksmith
Spoiler for Hidden:

Blacksmith

3 term Earth Master
Strong PvP Player
The kind of friend who is solid like a rock

Hey there!
How do you feel about being in Team Entropy this War?
I like the element and it feels like a fair challenge. I expect to make a few crazy bows this war and bring some honour to the element. Although we have the second smallest budget I sure we'll make a good run. Unfortunately elements like air and aether are still way to unbalanced for anyone to challenge their top position. So I'd expect us to be around top 5#

Why do you like Earth? What do you think, what are your personality traits that synergize with your Earth affinity? Is Earth your most favorite element or is it just one of them?
Earth is the most, the most versatile element in elements. Water is the second most versatile. Aether is the least versatile. The freedom to do whatever you want is what I like with it. Earth has good stallbreakes, CC, PC, Stalls, Rushes, Bows etc etc. I suppose I'm a pretty versatile person myself, I'm good a lot of different things and like to surprise people.
Fire used to be my favorite element, but it has gradually shifted towards earth over the years. I like the speed of immo decks. Maybe that's why I did the immo-crema- compilation.   

How did your holidays go?
Nothing to exciting really. I was at home the whole time. Celebrated christmas with my family as usual. I didn't go nuts, travel the world, sky dived or anything like that, this year at least.

What card idea would you want to see the most introduced into Elements? Bonus points if it's earth card :D
I used to be card curator so I know the CIA section pretty well. To pick just one card is madness, there are 120 cards in the Anvil archive and almost all are worthy to enter the game.
Here is one I like:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/anvil-archive/natural-selection-evolution/msg437317/#msg437317
Here are one of my own cards that made it into the armory:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/level-3-anvil/life-bringer-l-life-bringer/

But there are so so many more. Just look here http://elementscommunity.org/forum/anvil-archive/
It's hard to make cards for earth considering it is a pretty complete element as it is. I rather see some changes to the cards already added. Like antlion for instance
 And no bonus points to me  :-\

Describe yourself with one song.
What kind of question is that. You could just as well have asked me " describe who you are with five dishes "
It will have to be this:

An Earth Dragon, a Shrieker and an Antlion offer you a ride, which one will you take first?
First?
I'd start with the Ant, then the Shriker and save the dragon for last. I don't enjoy traveling like a mole so better get it over with. A shrieker is ok but can't be compared to a dragon. Save the best for last.

Do you have any not as well-known interests that you'd like people to know?
Yes. As a master of earth it's important to put people underground. SG, willing and a few others are still locked in that underground basement.
On a more serious note I do play guitar, sometimes when pvping. Pvp is so slow so, you have to do something the 20+ seconds you're waiting for it to be your turn.

Any last words for the Interview?
Yeah get that Elements reunion day going.

CURRENTLY FEATURED STAFF GROUP:

No staff Interview this month
Spoiler for Hidden:

PREVIOUSLY FEATURED MEMBERS:

Featured Community Member Archive
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 05:44:50 pm by mathman101 »

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404804#msg404804
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »
I like how you mentioned the War 3 match vs Tiko Higs! I remember spectating that match and it was a very tense and even matchup. Losing it was a hard blow!

Somehow you've really represented :aether as an element and Fractix-enthousiasm for me. I think the interview reflects that very well. I also like how you consistently stay true to a philosophy and stick to a certain theme throughout various forum events and chat discussions.

Nice job on the interview overall SG, was fun to read.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404811#msg404811
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 07:41:24 pm »
Thanks Japp. I always try to be sincere, and I do think a philosophy, or vision, is the most important part of being Master. It's something higher to strive for, which reflects on the entire element, all its fans, and your actual life as well.

I'm also glad you gave me an excuse to post here so I can follow this thread easier. Very much looking forward to seeing more interviews. The best part is that it's barely any work for SG. :P
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404818#msg404818
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 07:52:54 pm »
It's a good read, thanks for your answers, Higs!

Just out of curiosity, what determines who you interview, SG?

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404831#msg404831
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:17:37 pm »
Hehe. This thread seems intresting. Also, nice interview Milady.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404842#msg404842
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:32:23 pm »
Quote from: Scaredgirl
Idea of this project is to interview active and well-known community members to learn more about them.
Well known as in having a title above their picture?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404844#msg404844
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 08:37:30 pm »
Higs have 5 titles actually. Good to read that Higs thanks. Looking forward other interview.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404848#msg404848
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:44:17 pm »
Having a staff title and being well-known aren't mutually inclusive. BluePriest (and forgive me for using you as an example) seems well known by the general community because of his high post count in general and participation in off-topic sections, but he doesn't have a staff title.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404864#msg404864
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:01:17 pm »
Quote from: Scaredgirl
Idea of this project is to interview active and well-known community members to learn more about them.
Yes, but "active and well-known" is rather ambiguous. Is she taking people with the highest post count? Those who have participated in the most events? Been staff members the longest? Etc, etc.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404882#msg404882
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 09:24:45 pm »
I think she's talking about the most well-known player ie player you think when you think about the game.. Napalm, SG, JMZ, Antagon..
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Pkmn31337

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Pkmn31337 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Sombres..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404898#msg404898
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 10:03:08 pm »
Cool....I remember I was in a community that had interviews like this, people would ask things to that person for a week and the one interviewed  would choose another one. The way SG did seems to be much better though.

Looking forward for the next one!

Offline jippy99

• Reputation Power: 21
  • jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg404913#msg404913
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 10:18:57 pm »
Another great idea from SG.  I can not express how good I think this is.  It will be very interesting to learn more about the most known and popular members, as well as less known but still valuable members.  Just putting this out there, I would love to be one of the people interviewed.
Think you got what it takes?  Test out your skills in some Tournaments! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

anything
blarg: Blacksmith