*Author

Offline DoctorC

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: October 2018 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1282398#msg1282398
« Reply #288 on: November 15, 2018, 05:29:04 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member and a Featured Community Staff Team; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1282433#msg1282433
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2018, 04:30:01 pm »
deuce22

7 term Aether Master
3 time War Winner
Strong PvP Player
All around great guy

Some time has passed, how do you feel about the unexpected trials result? Will you be aiming to claim your title back next time?
Obviously bummed about the result, but it was a long time coming. I would guess I won nearly half my trial victories with amazing luck. I had some rather unfortunate RNG in some of the games with w3, but that's part of the game. I will be aiming to claim my title back next trials

You are one of the most experienced and strongest war players in the community. Will you be playing war as a soldier, and if so are you looking forward to the possibility of working on a non aether team?
Had the opportunity to general for fire or gravy (in fact, generaling gravy and leading it to a war win was a discussion hain and I had years ago), but it just wouldn't feel right not having been the master of the element, so I decided not to apply. I am looking forward to participating in war as a soldier, even if i'm not on aether. You gain a different perspective when playing for other elements, and that can help you when you return to your primary element.

We already know one side of you, but not much of the other. Tell us a cute/adorable/heartwarming story that happened with you.
Not sure which side of me you already know, other than I'm an overly competitive poor sport in events like war... been trying to tone that back. As far as a cute/adorable/heartwarming story that happened with me, not sure I really have a great one. After nearly 10 years of friendship online, UTAlan and I finally met in person a few weeks ago.
Spoiler for pics or it didn't happen:

Agent 47, Lex Luthor, or Professor X?
How the hell did you know I'm a bald white male??? I think the only photo of me on etg i'm wearing a wig (other than the one above). And i don't think i'm facebook friends with anyone other than UTAlan. Anyways, here's my choice...
Spoiler for Hidden:

Do you have any hobbies you're passionate about other than EtG? Any that'd you'd go pursuing after Flashpocalypse?
Spoiler for Hidden:

Have you got any spaceship preferences? :D
Spoiler for Hidden:

Favorite thing about controlling aether??
Spoiler for Hidden:

Describe yourself in one gif :D
Spoiler for Hidden:

Any favorite people in the community?
UTAlan, Hainkarga, Higu, Torb, Jenkar, mrpaper, Avenger, Jen-i, vagman. I'm sure I'm forgetting some peeps here.

Any last words for the interview?
Spoiler for Hidden:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 04:00:33 pm by DoctorC »
something....something....something.....

Offline DoctorC

• DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1282565#msg1282565
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2018, 03:33:28 pm »
Trial Overseers

(Represented by worldwideweb3)

Please introduce yourself and explain briefly what your job in the community is for readers that may not know.
Hey, we are TrO's and we organise trials!!

How did [the last] Trials go?
Pretty good, tho there were some elements that were left masterless ): everyone take part in next trials!!!

What was the idea for choosing the elements for the Phase 1 tasks?
We wanted to change it up slightly, so introduced the new thing about unchosen element going to the opponent! As for how we selected which elements to put together for each task, it was just putting together elements that are not UP or OP.

Any exciting plans for the future trials?
Possibly, keep giving feedback in the suggestions thread as we do actually read them!!

What would you say is the most different part between trials when you first joined and now that you're reigning it?
The playerbase ):

What's the most challenging part of your job?
Making rules as simple so people don't get confused while still keeping them fresh.

How does one prepare for trials from ground level to pro in as little time as possible? :D
Just take it as every other pvp event, its not very different. Look at the last couple trials so you're a bit familiar. The more you trial, the better you'll become!!

Any advices to future TrOs or some that you wish you've been given when you started?
There will always be some backlash with rules/decisions but just ignore them.

Any last words for the interview?
Apply for TrO!! And take part in next trials!!
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1282653#msg1282653
« Reply #291 on: November 21, 2018, 03:47:37 pm »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewees will be

ji412jo     and the      Warmasters

and this is your chance to ask them questions for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Interviews".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but please do send us questions! (Please title your message "Question for Interviews").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )
Please also remember that the Staff member questions are to be related to their staffing duties and the staff position, and not about their individual selves.

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1282793#msg1282793
« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2018, 11:44:53 am »
Darn, I forgot to send in my questions. :(
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline mathman101

• mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1282982#msg1282982
« Reply #293 on: December 02, 2018, 06:06:08 pm »
ji412jo

Warmaster
Great drinking buddy
Friend to all who chat with him

How did you find the EtG game? How did you find the forums?

I was on Kongregate because another game site in which i used to play was down.

What is the origin behind your forum name?

The first iteration of this name was ji-jo. However, kongregate disallowed - in my username, so I changed it for 412. When i made my name for etg, i thought i had to use the same one as the kong one.

What is your favorite element? Where does your favoritism and devotion to this element stem from?

My favorite element is darkness. It is the element that I feel I cannot ever get bored with. I enjoy everything in it, and when in doubt, always go back to it.

What do you like to do in your free time when you are not playing EtG or on the forum?

Right now, with my new job, my weeks got a lot busier than before. I like chess, LoL, karaoke, board games, etc

JOOOEEEYYY??? (mathman101)

iiis thaaat aaa quuueeestiiiooon???

Some of us know you are big into playing chess, where did you learn to play chess? What would you recommend to beginner chess players?

I learned to play chess in highschool, but that was way before i started being competitive. Someone got me to join the local club, and that's where i really started learning. Whatwould I recommend to beginners? Exactly that, find a local chess club, and find someone there who's willing to help you improve

How did you and mathman meet? (InsignificantWeeaboo)

That's actualy a difficult question. And Honestly? I don't remember. But I've always enjoyed mathman's presence as someone that I feel is always positive and always brings joy around him.

You are also known for streaming speedrun games. Are there any types of speedruns you really enjoy doing? What kinds of games do you struggle with doing speedruns for?

I'm still new to speedrunning. I like speedrunning randos, which basically are randomized versions of actual games, for the simple reason that it breaks the usual habit of always having to do the exact same movement over and over again. Other than that, I enjoy speedrunning M.C. Kids because it is a game that I absolutely loved as a kid. Since I do not have much experience, I couldn't say which games i struggle doing speedrunning for, though i can say ths : It's always a lot tougher if you don,t enjoy the game.

With the holidays coming up, what is something that you would like as a gift? What kinds of gifts would you give to people around the forum?

For my speedrunning, I'd enjoy a flash cart for my NES and a capture card, to allow streaming from console rather on emulator. What kind of gift would i give to people around the forum? Probably online multiplayer games to enjoy together.

You recently became a WM, how have you been enjoying this position thus far? Have you been able to utilize your previous experience as a PvPEM to help you in any way with your new duties?

There hasn't been enough done to really say about how much i enjoy the position to be honest.

Any last words or comments for the community?

My tick tacs, my back pack.My Zippo lighter, my charge pack.My sun glasses, my hairspray.My headphones (Them Beats by Dre).My notebook, my GoPro.My vape pen, my crossbow.My toothpick, my pocketknife.Oh f--k, I forgot my wife

Thanks for your time.

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1282984#msg1282984
« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2018, 06:16:05 pm »

WarMasters

(answers by asdw152)
(answers by mathman101)

What was the reasoning you decided to become a WM? Are you disappointed that you are unable to play in War?

Math asked me to. If it means that war goes on, then i'll do it.
I felt that with the low amount of people applying there was a chance war might not happen if no one was willing to host it. I was hoping that by risking not playing one war to help it go on, others would see the same opportunity and maybe do something similar in the future. If everyone sacrificed playing in one war to host, they could play in many more, and we could have many great wars in the future.

When looking at the previous war, how do you decide what to change and what to keep?

We went over what many of the major issues were within the last wars and thought about what to focus and how to fix them.

Can you take us through a usual day/week as a WM behind the scenes?

three messages and silence for a week until someone says something.
So far it has mostly been planning and preparation work. During an average week; someone has an idea and posts it, then the others comment on it both positive and negative critiques, afterwards we either agree to add it into war with the current rules sets or remove it. Then everything starts again with a new idea. Once we get into the main body of the event, I'm sure we will be busy each week answering participants questions, making brackets each round, updating and checking results as they come in, and continually creating and balancing ECs and super ECs.

What happens in your secret sections? Any exciting details you can share with everyone?

nothing goes on, and yes, there are details.

What was the hardest thing to fix/devise for War? (InsignificantWeeaboo)

market
The hardest thing I find about war is trying to make everyone happy. Everyone has different ideas about what they would like to see done for war, and there are many different things that WMs could attempt. Unfortunately we cannot try everything at once, so I kinda play the rule of thumb to try and make the least amount of people unhappy.

How confident are you that this war will go well? How many drama spats do you think will occur this war?

no. at least 12

Would you be willing to share an EC or super EC that you have prepared for this war?

college week of welcome
I have always been a fan of the risk-reward style ECs, and I hope to make several this war. Sometimes you have to be willing to take a few risks to gain the best rewards and make victory happen. This is not the exact card we will be using, but it will give an idea for what we may be planning to do with it.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Any last words or comments?

%22I don't want any engraving, just leave the metal plate blank, no engraving."
Don't forget to thank the WMs for all the hard work they do, they are real people also who are sacrificing their time and effort to do their best for you. show them some extra lovin' instead of causing drama and complaints.  ;)

Thank you for your time

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: January 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1282985#msg1282985
« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2018, 06:18:20 pm »

Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For the month of January, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community! Anyone who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year is eleigible to be nominated.

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will also be accepting Nominations for a staffing section to interview, this will hopefully add some more original fresh content to the Newletter and maybe we can gain a bit more transparency and understanding behind what goes into the making of the staff sections. Please nominate any staffing group form the forums that you like, and for a full list of what staffing groups and who are the staff members in that group please check out the Forum Staff Page.

This means you can send in up to a total of 2 nominations this month (One for an individual member, and one for a staffing group) Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the nominations that you have with the PM title "Nominations for Newsletter Interviews".

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewees to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
January 2018 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1283191#msg1283191
« Reply #296 on: December 10, 2018, 05:38:26 pm »

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member and a Featured Community Staff Team; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.

Additionally, a suggestion has been made to skip FCST interview for this month all together, so if you feel for any reason, you can vote to skip it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:04:38 pm by DoctorC »
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1283329#msg1283329
« Reply #297 on: December 17, 2018, 05:43:59 pm »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

Blacksmith

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Blacksmith".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Blacksmith").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1283785#msg1283785
« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2019, 05:38:56 pm »
Blacksmith

3 term Earth Master
Strong PvP Player
The kind of friend who is solid like a rock

Hey there!
How do you feel about being in Team Entropy this War?
I like the element and it feels like a fair challenge. I expect to make a few crazy bows this war and bring some honour to the element. Although we have the second smallest budget I sure we'll make a good run. Unfortunately elements like air and aether are still way to unbalanced for anyone to challenge their top position. So I'd expect us to be around top 5#

Why do you like Earth? What do you think, what are your personality traits that synergize with your Earth affinity? Is Earth your most favorite element or is it just one of them?
Earth is the most, the most versatile element in elements. Water is the second most versatile. Aether is the least versatile. The freedom to do whatever you want is what I like with it. Earth has good stallbreakes, CC, PC, Stalls, Rushes, Bows etc etc. I suppose I'm a pretty versatile person myself, I'm good a lot of different things and like to surprise people.
Fire used to be my favorite element, but it has gradually shifted towards earth over the years. I like the speed of immo decks. Maybe that's why I did the immo-crema- compilation.   

How did your holidays go?
Nothing to exciting really. I was at home the whole time. Celebrated christmas with my family as usual. I didn't go nuts, travel the world, sky dived or anything like that, this year at least.

What card idea would you want to see the most introduced into Elements? Bonus points if it's earth card :D
I used to be card curator so I know the CIA section pretty well. To pick just one card is madness, there are 120 cards in the Anvil archive and almost all are worthy to enter the game.
Here is one I like:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/anvil-archive/natural-selection-evolution/msg437317/#msg437317
Here are one of my own cards that made it into the armory:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/level-3-anvil/life-bringer-l-life-bringer/

But there are so so many more. Just look here http://elementscommunity.org/forum/anvil-archive/
It's hard to make cards for earth considering it is a pretty complete element as it is. I rather see some changes to the cards already added. Like antlion for instance
 And no bonus points to me  :-\

Describe yourself with one song.
What kind of question is that. You could just as well have asked me " describe who you are with five dishes "
It will have to be this:

An Earth Dragon, a Shrieker and an Antlion offer you a ride, which one will you take first?
First?
I'd start with the Ant, then the Shriker and save the dragon for last. I don't enjoy traveling like a mole so better get it over with. A shrieker is ok but can't be compared to a dragon. Save the best for last.

Do you have any not as well-known interests that you'd like people to know?
Yes. As a master of earth it's important to put people underground. SG, willing and a few others are still locked in that underground basement.
On a more serious note I do play guitar, sometimes when pvping. Pvp is so slow so, you have to do something the 20+ seconds you're waiting for it to be your turn.

Any last words for the Interview?
Yeah get that Elements reunion day going.

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: February 2019 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1283787#msg1283787
« Reply #299 on: January 04, 2019, 06:22:39 pm »

For the month of February, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community! Anyone who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year is eleigible to be nominated.

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will also be accepting Nominations for a staffing section to interview, this will hopefully add some more original fresh content to the Newletter and maybe we can gain a bit more transparency and understanding behind what goes into the making of the staff sections. Please nominate any staffing group form the forums that you like, and for a full list of what staffing groups and who are the staff members in that group please check out the Forum Staff Page.

This means you can send in up to a total of 2 nominations this month (One for an individual member, and one for a staffing group) Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the nominations that you have with the PM title "Nominations for Newsletter Interviews".

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewees to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!

anything
blarg: deuce22,worldwideweb3,ji412jo,Blacksmith