*Author

Offline DoctorC

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1279059#msg1279059
« Reply #276 on: August 14, 2018, 04:31:40 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

Offline DoctorC

• DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1279294#msg1279294
« Reply #277 on: August 20, 2018, 03:40:54 pm »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

Higurashi

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Higurashi".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Higurashi").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1279956#msg1279956
« Reply #278 on: September 05, 2018, 02:13:45 pm »
Higurashi

The Lurking Admin
Proud Aetherial Entity
Admired Veteran

Favorite music genre?
Well, it used to be psytrance but now I mostly listen to retrowave, and mostly hardcore at that. Vulta, GosT, some VolkorX, Toxic Avenger, Danger, a bit of Dance with the Dead, etc.

If you could change one thing about the game, big or small, what would it be?
I'd remake the game in Unity and find an active developer who zanz would be willing to hand it to. This would kick things off with the release of 1.4 and traffic would skyrocket.

What's the story behind your username?
Higurashi is a type of cicada in Japan whose name means duskbringer. I had a tough upbringing and my dark side is the reason I came out alive. As such it's always going to be a part of me even as my life has become much more positive, and I embrace that. It gives me a lot of strength.

What is your view of the past and the present, the differences between those times, and the passing of time on the forum?
Elements has always been a small community, and therefore a close one. Once your generation has left as they do in all communities eventually, the ones who stay do so because they want to give new members the same experience they had. With no development activity was always going to decline, but that doesn't take any joy from the process.

Any last wishes for the game regarding the creeping flashpocalypse?
See question #2.

You don't seem to join events or chat anymore. Do you feel you don't have the necessary time to give it your all and don't want to do anything halfassed, are you still afraid something like your last war might happen again (even though what you were accused of isn't even that usefull anymore, plenty of decks are being posted right at the deadline, much of the communication happens outside the forum and vaults are emaillocked), just not interested anymore or something else entirely?
Indeed, I've never been a half-asser. I go from one focus to another and the last few years it's been all about my career. If I could relive the glory days of events and War with the old guard I would, but my generation is not coming back and the competition won't be that strong or enthusiastic again until Elements is revived with new development.

Why is Aether so OP?
One element had to be the strongest. It only makes sense that the very fabric of the universe would be that element. Power is control and influence. If you think about it, what other force could possibly access that much control?

If you had one pet of choice from EtG, what would it be?
A Phase Dragon could teach me the secrets of immortality, but there's no way to bend the will of such a transcendent being; they would be more of a mentor. Perhaps a Phoenix could do the same in a different way.

Where do you see yourself after the flashpocalypse? The game seems to mean a lot for both old and new members, maybe joining something that one of our admins would could encourage us to move along.
If OpenEtG can develop to become an equal to Elements graphically and structurally, I might get into that. If not, I don't have a great need for a new game to get serious with. I'll probably keep playing Hearthstone casually for a long time though.

Who are your favorite masters of each element if you can only pick masters elected at Trials #7 or later?
deuce, Jenkar, Torb, rob, elk, Cal, inthisroom, Ginyu, will, Jen-i, 10 men, JonathanCrazyJ. Most for competence, some for seniority and some for innovation.

What's your favorite forum activity here? Any other forums you also visit?
Forums were a big part of my free time a few years ago, but now I mostly hang on Twitch and game if I have any time to spare. I still enjoy doing administrative stuff on here though.

If you were alone for a week, how would you occupy yourself if you could not interact with anybody? You could do "singleplayer" things on the internet and you could only watch pre-recorded movies on TV. You would not be able to meet or contact any living person, but you would know that this only lasts for a week.
I sometimes take several days off from socializing, so a week wouldn't be much different. Currently I'm playing Hollow Knight, Dark Souls 2 and GTA 5 by myself. Working out and spending time in nature sucks up a lot of time. I also need to continue reading The Colour of Magic.

Any last words for the interview?
Keep up the good work :>
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 02:30:32 pm by DoctorC »
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: July 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1279957#msg1279957
« Reply #279 on: September 05, 2018, 02:15:23 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For the month of July, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:20:45 pm by DoctorC »
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
October 2018 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1280300#msg1280300
« Reply #280 on: September 12, 2018, 02:09:19 am »

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
something....something....something.....

Offline mathman101

• mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1280665#msg1280665
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2018, 04:43:40 am »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

Kalinuial

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Kalinuial".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Kalinuial").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1280671#msg1280671
« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2018, 08:20:29 am »
LOL RIIIIIIIIIP
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1281033#msg1281033
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2018, 05:26:45 pm »
Kalinuial

Master of Earth
Rocking PvP Player
Overall Great Guy

Why did you choose your forum name? Is there any inspiration behind it?
It’s a name I made it when I was a teenager and I guess it stuck.  The name was inspired by Tolkien’s elvish language.  I think the name means “Radiant music of the twilight”.  I’ve always liked music and especially listening to music at night.  I still do most nights.  I have an old-fashioned MP3 player that keeps me up when I should be sleeping.  Lately, I listen to music in bed and think about the decks that will shake the ground next war.

How did you find Elements the game?
I was looking for a fantasy-themed, strategic game.  I didn’t have much savings at the time and was typically looking for free/low-cost games.  I tried Elements out and really enjoyed the simplicity and thematic aspect. 

What are some of your favorite games, besides EtG? (Aves)
Nothing else, really.  At times, I’ve been into various games, but nothing that I’ve stuck with as long as EtG.  Honestly, I’m still waiting for the “perfect” game to hit me.  It’s probably best it doesn’t, otherwise it might completely take over my life. 

When you are not on the internet, how do you like to spend your time? (DoctorC)
I live in the Finger Lakes region of New York.  It’s an absolutely beautiful area and I’ve been here just over a year.  In recent days, I’ve done the following: biked, swam in a lake (4 days in a row), ran to a giant waterfall, read fiction by Japanese authors, watched anime, cooked, visited the local library, listened to a lot of music, and hung out with my two cats.  In a nutshell, I like to relax, breathe, and think.

What weighs more, a pound of rocks or a pound of feathers? (InsignificantWeeaboo)
Scientifically, they weigh the same.  Spiritually, I’d say rocks weigh more than feathers.  They’ve been around for ages and taken on a lot of the world’s weight.

Who is your favorite from the previous Masters of Earth? (Submachine)
I couldn't say.  Because I'm pretty new, I didn't have a chance to meet the previous masters. I'm sure they all rock.   

Outside this forum, who/what is your favorite fictional character related to earth/ground/sand/etc? (Submachine)
The quintessential earth character is Gaara from Naruto.  His versatile manipulation of earth and sand, both for offensive and defensive purposes, is impressive.  However, I wouldn't say he's a favorite character of mine.  I'll say Gurren Lagann is my favorite character.  Gurren Lagann is kind of a like a shard golem (can retool itself in many way).  And he can turn himself in to various drill-type shapes and travel through earth's crust.  Imagine a Shrieker coming through Earth's surface.  Gurren has that explosive kind of power.  Gurren's drill is the drill that creates the heavens.  But don't tell  :aether that.

Does the earth element have any special meaning to you for being a favorite? (Anonymous)
Yes.  Earth to me represents deep satisfaction from the simple things in life.  For a long time, brown was my favorite color. I had a lot of brown clothes.  I didn’t meet many people growing up that loved brown.  But, it’s a great color.  In fact, as I’m writing this, I’m wearing a brown t-shirt.  I think our actual Earth is a beautiful, fascinating place.  Some people dream of exploring the universe and living on other planets.  Not me.  I’d love to stay here for the long haul and become earth dust.

"If my memory serves earlier I saw a Japanese flag by your profile, but now I see an American. What is the cause of this?" (Wyand)
Yes, I originally had Japan as my flag because I wish I was from there or could say I lived there.  I changed it because it may have confused some people for PVP purposes, as they might think I live in a different time zone.

How does it feel to become a Master of an element after being relatively new to the community? (mathman101)
Is “deep” a feeling?  That’s how I feel.  I’ve gotten “deeper” as a result of becoming Master of Earth.  It’s like one of those scenes from a Haruki Murakami book – there’s a deep, deep well with dirt and sand (no water) and I’m down there thinking about the nature of elements, the interconnections, the battles that are yet to come. I’ll probably be down there until War is over.

Do you think you will be able to live up to the standards of past Earth Masters? (Anonymous)
No, but I think I can live down to them. 

Any final words or comments?
Do the impossible, see the invisible. / Row! Row! Fight the power! / Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable/ Row! Row! Fight the power!

Thanks for answering!
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: November 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1281090#msg1281090
« Reply #284 on: October 03, 2018, 02:54:17 am »

For the month of November, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community! Anyone who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year is eleigible to be nominated.

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

New this Month: We will also be accepting Nominations for a staffing section to interview, this will hopefully add some more original fresh content to the Newletter and maybe we can gain a bit more transparency and understanding behind what goes into the making of the staff sections. Please nominate any staffing group form the forums that you like, and for a full list of what staffing groups and who are the staff members in that group please check out the Forum Staff Page.

This means you can send in up to a total of 2 nominations this month (One for an individual member, and one for a staffing group) Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the nominations that you have with the PM title "Nominations for Newsletter Interviews".

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewees to respond.

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: November 2018 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1281297#msg1281297
« Reply #285 on: October 11, 2018, 04:38:15 am »

We currently have two (2) polls up for next month's Featured Community Interviews, one for the individual member interview, and one for the staffing section interview; voting commences at once!

If your name or staff section is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1281451#msg1281451
« Reply #286 on: October 17, 2018, 04:42:24 am »

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewees will be

deuce22     and the      Trial Overseers

and this is your chance to ask them questions for all the world to hear!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Interviews".

Don't hesitate, but please do send us questions! (Please title your message "Question for Interviews").

Please also remember that the Staff member questions are to be related to their staffing duties and the staff position, and not about their individual selves.

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: November 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1282112#msg1282112
« Reply #287 on: November 04, 2018, 01:49:49 pm »

For the month of November, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community! Anyone who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year is eleigible to be nominated.

We will also be accepting Nominations for a staffing section to interview, this will hopefully add some more original fresh content to the Newletter and maybe we can gain a bit more transparency and understanding behind what goes into the making of the staff sections. Please nominate any staffing group form the forums that you like, and for a full list of what staffing groups and who are the staff members in that group please check out the Forum Staff Page.

This means you can send in up to a total of 2 nominations this month (One for an individual member, and one for a staffing group) Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the nominations that you have with the PM title "Nominations for Newsletter Interviews".

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewees to respond.

The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

blarg: Higurashi,Kalinuial,deuce22