*Author

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: June 2018 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1276729#msg1276729
« Reply #264 on: May 11, 2018, 01:38:47 pm »

Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
something....something....something.....

Offline mathman101

• mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1276874#msg1276874
« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2018, 03:57:06 am »

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

Vindilos

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Vindilos".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Vindilos").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: July 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1277019#msg1277019
« Reply #266 on: May 28, 2018, 02:28:40 am »

Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For the month of July, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!

Offline DoctorC

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1277116#msg1277116
« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2018, 08:39:58 am »
Vindilos

Holy Cow tamer
Tournament Addict
Patron of good food

What is your favorite food? (Mr Muffin)
Wraps with chicken. Check my signature for more info.

What's the message behind the name Vindilos? (DoctorC)
I used the name Vindicator_NL in warcraft 3, which later became Vindi. When I wanted to play the game Smite, a moba featuring Greek and other gods, Vindi was taken. I wanted a name that sounded a bit Greek, so I added los.

How'd you stumble across the game? (DoctorC)
From my introduction post: Many years ago I used to play magic the gathering, which I greatly enjoyed at the time. Last year I was playing on kongregate and when looking for another card game I found elements. I instantly loved it and got myself to level 75 in no time.

You came to the community with holy cows. Are you Zanzarino in disguise? (Anonymous)
Yes

Once the Flashpocalypse comes, what will you do? (Basman-1453)
I have an open elements account, but I'm not sure if I wanna keep playing that. I don't know what I will do.

A mailman, an accountant, and a chemist all start playing this game on the same day. What element would each pick as their starting, and who would reach Platinum first? (Anonymous)
The accountant chooses darkness. The starting deck of darkness sells for most, so its an economic desicion.
The mailman likes fresh air, so he picks air.
The chemist likes explosions, so he picks fire.
The accountant will reach platinum first, because all he does at work is play videogames in his office.

What's your favorite card in EtG and why? (Mr Muffin)
That has to be a stall card, but its difficult. I will go with shard of gratitude. Its a fair card to play against and fun to use.
When I started playing weekly tournaments I had most fun with SoG firefly queens. SoG was also amazing for me in the academy event.

Can you make more Holy Cow farm decks ? (Anonymous)
I suppose I can.

How many snails does it take to change russian political system? We've only got four so far, but we might get more. (DoctorC)
I dont know much about the Russian political system.

Can you make me a sandwich? (InsignificantWeeaboo)
Yes. I made a few for you and left them at 10236 Charing Cross Road. Just knock on the door and ask for a sandwich.

What do you think about tomatoes? (Mr Muffin)
I like omelettes with tomatoes in them.

What's a question you'd wanna hear on the next time you'd get to be a FCM? (DoctorC)
How was it to win war?

If you had the opportunity to join one of the staffing teams here on the forum, which team would you most want to join? Why?  (mathman101)
Certainly the TO team. I'm hoping a position for it opens up soon.
I don't have much experience with the other events.

Any last words?
Sorry for the late response.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 08:43:03 am by DoctorC »
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

Offline DoctorC

• DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1277274#msg1277274
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2018, 11:44:18 am »

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1277356#msg1277356
« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2018, 09:40:53 am »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

Zyardran

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Zyardran".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Zyardran").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1277520#msg1277520
« Reply #270 on: June 30, 2018, 07:36:58 pm »
Zyardran

Community's pet dragon
Hothead
Jackie of all trades

What's the origin behind name Zyardran?
It's originally a name that I got from a random dragon name generator, but now it's picked up so much meaning, such as fire goddess, draconic empress, or just fire dragoness, whatever you prefer. The point is a name can be any meaning you give it. :3

Favorite staff member to work with?
No preference, I've worked with a lot of people, and all of them are great.

How's your studies of German doing?
Slow, to be fair I sort of started up on other things. German culture and language is awesome, but I just haven't had much interest lately.

Petting which EtG creature would result in most damage to the surrounding area?
Petting Schrodinger's Cat results in paradox and mental inhibition with the noobs within 145 ft radius.

What percentage of you is fire and what are other components?
50% fire, 50% darkness. You silly, I've told you multiple times about Pyroshade!

Daenerys, Hiccup, Dovahkiin or Donkey from Shrek?
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin! Yeah I'm a huge skyrim nerd so, obviously Dragonborn!

What is the meaning of life? Can't be 42
Do you want the simple answer or the deep answer?
Spoiler for Simple Answer:
Anything, you give life the meaning!
Spoiler for Deep Answer:
Life is subjective, we are born, only to face societal burdens within our own kind, and live routinely out of habit and desire to imitate the rest of the population. We grow up in this "life" merely to die not even a century later, but we do a lot in such a small time, we meet people, pick up new habits, feel new things. I would go on but I feel not to fry your brain with this!

I need canadian speak.
Canadian speak eh? What do you know aboot canadian speak? Have you been studying eh? it's not an easy thing to learn y'know eh!

Describe yourself as a superhero/supervillian
No u
Spoiler for Hidden:
Superhero: Support the economy! Stand for equality of all rights!
Supervillian:BuRn EvErYtHiNg

Favorite meme?
Hmm:
Spoiler for Hidden:

Skip to the next question.
Next!

Go back to the previous question.
We went too far, go back!

My couch is submerged in maple syrup. Explain yourself.
One of us, one of us, one of us!

Final words for the thingy?
Thanks! I must admit I expected some questions from the community, but the nlw team is doing good, if there's room for improvement feel free to ask me anything, I'm always available (except when I'm not)
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: July 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1277572#msg1277572
« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2018, 07:08:38 pm »

For the month of July, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:11:53 pm by DoctorC »
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1277836#msg1277836
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2018, 02:42:09 pm »

The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1277919#msg1277919
« Reply #273 on: July 17, 2018, 04:45:18 pm »

Monox D. I-fly

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Monox D. I-fly".

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Monox D. I-fly").

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:39:26 pm by DoctorC »
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1278367#msg1278367
« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2018, 03:59:56 pm »
Monox D. I-Fly

Patience incarnate
Water-dweller
2good4trials

How'd you stumble across EtG and the forums?
I like classifying things based on their elements. In fact, I was really lucky when I Googled about element and this game appeared right in the first entry. As a CCG lover, I was overjoyed at the time. Also, I like internet forums. So, after I was quite addicted to the game, I looked out if it had its own forum and then I registered here.

Why have you chosen this name?
I chose "Monox D. I-Fly" as my username because "Monox" is my nickname when I was a 10th grader. Why did I get "Monox" as my nickname back then? That's because when I was a Junior High School student, there was a humour contest show at TV and one of its contestant called himself as "Monox". My classmates thought of me as a funny person, so I was given that nickname. About the mid-name "D", I think you who loves One Piece manga should know: Yes. The mid-name "D" is a symbol of a special clan like the name of "Monkey D. Luffy", "Portgas D. Ace", "Marshall D. Teach", etc. And what about "I-Fly"? Don't be mistaken. It has nothing to do with flight at all. I just shortened my real full name: Faizal Yunus Ibrahim. Since in any book references last name comes first, then I switched it to be: Ibrahim, Faizal Yunus. And then I shortened it to be "I-Fly".
Now I'm going everywhere with this username. Try googling and type "Monox D. I-Fly" and you'll see that I've many accounts in many places.

If you were a master of an element, which element would you choose and why?
Water, of course. Because I always use Water element in any Collectible Card Games

You recently have been rejected from participating in Trials. How do you feel about it? Is there anything you would change in the Trials' rules?
I guess this question came from someone who called the TOs "evil" (forgive me if I'm wrong). I feel stupid because I overlooked the PvP Events participation part, so I can't blame anyone but myself. I hope this forum is still alive in the next Trial so that I can join. I wouldn't change anything regarding the Trials' rules.

Many of us in this community look up to you for your creative deck ideas, any words of wisdom to impart on your loving fans? Doesn't have to be elements related~
Didn't they call me out on making thematic decks? Oh well, if you want to make a fun deck, just do it.

What's your favorite card in EtG and why?
Shard of Patience. If it stays on field I can bulk up my creatures, if my opponent destroys it that just means I can attack with the already bulked-up creatures. Also, I like spending my turns playing this while the opponent has Dimensional Shields.

Do you like board games? If so, what's your favorite one or ones that you like a lot?
Yes, Collectible Card Game ones.

Do you swim well, if at all? If not, would you like to learn to?
I can swim, but only the basics.

Any particular story to why you love water so much?
Visually, because they look refreshing during the hot days as I am quite cold-resistant but vulnerable to heat. Phylosophically, because water looks like a weak element but can kill with so many various ways: drowning, big wave smashing you to a rock, hypothermia, water intoxication, deep water pressure, freezing, stung by a jellyfish, bitten by a shark, ice rain, buried in snow, you may want to add?

What is your ultimate pet?
I don't have a pet, but to keep with the water theme, if I had any I would want an Axolotl.

Any last words for the interview?
Did I get voted mainly because I was rejected from the current Trials?
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
August 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1278720#msg1278720
« Reply #275 on: August 07, 2018, 05:17:12 pm »

For the month of August, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:13:04 pm by DoctorC »
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

anything
blarg: Vindilos,Zyardran