*Author

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1274438#msg1274438
« Reply #252 on: February 12, 2018, 02:33:39 am »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

ddevans96

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for ddevans96".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for ddevans96").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
something....something....something.....

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1274443#msg1274443
« Reply #253 on: February 12, 2018, 06:27:22 am »
Lots of questions please
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline mathman101

• mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
April 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1274724#msg1274724
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2018, 05:08:59 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For the month of April, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1274817#msg1274817
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2018, 04:28:12 am »

ddevans96

Council Member
:water Enthusiast
Lovable Forum Veteran

What is your favorite food? (Mr Muffin)
I'm really fond of food, so it's hard to choose just one thing. If I have to think about it for just a minute, I'd probably say macaroni and cheese with grilled chicken and barbecue sauce. Sweet potato is a very close second.

Is it "dee-dee-evans", "dee-devans" or "dee-deva-en-ess"? (anonymous)
The first one. First initial, middle initial, last name. Preteen me wasn't feeling particularly creative the day he needed a new email address.

What's your favourite emotion, and what emotion do you feel best represents you? (CleanOnion)
As depressing as it might sound to some people, the answer to both would be sadness. I struggle with anger, and as such as I find comfort in sadness, because it means things are returning to normal. For what it's worth, a close runner-up for both is love.

How do you feel about the current state of the community? (TribalTrouble)
It's not in a bad place, just changed from what it used to be. There is an obvious decline, but it's slow, and I don't think it'll ever truly go dark. This place still has as much uniqueness and heart in it as it did seven years ago.

Will you marry me? :) (anonymous)
My girlfriend might have an issue with that <3

What's your favorite deck outside of :water? (CactusKing)
Hard to pick right now since I barely PvP anymore and I'm not particularly attached to any AI grinder. I'd probably say Bonebolt, just because I've used it as a staple in pretty much every meta I could.

Name one interesting fact about yourself that nobody in the community knows about. (TribalTrouble)
There's not a lot I haven't shared with the community. Most of the answers coming to mind are asinine trivia or not suitable for this kind of public interview. That being said, there's some details about broader topics I haven't shared - for example, while most people know at least something about my sleep issues, I usually only talk about my insomnia. I also have frequent symptoms of mild narcolepsy that I rarely discuss.

Is there anything in the forum that you think past councils have implemented poorly? (mathman101)
As far as Councils I participated in, one of my major regrets is that we rushed Guilds from concept to release too quickly. There's so much we could have done differently and I'm not convinced they wouldn't be in a better place today if we had slowed down.

How does it feel to come back to Council? (TribalTrouble)
It's great to be back in the middle of things! Real life has been interesting lately, so I haven't been able to participate much, but there's a couple projects I'm excited to begin work on in the coming days.

What was your point of view from inside team fire in war 11? (Mr Muffin)
It was very enjoyable, despite the fact that I think the rules were particularly hard on certain elements, including Fire. Our team was fun and communicative, seeing Water do well is always a treat, and Life's underdog story was great.

What is the best moment you've had in the community? (TribalTrouble)
Defending my Mastership, which I consider my greatest accomplishment because that hadn't been done in Water Trials since the very beginning.

Blue, Green, and Red are colors, Can you tell me your favorite movie program? (anonymous)
My favorite movie? The Secret of NIMH.

How can you drop a raw egg on the floor without cracking it? (TribalTrouble)
Very carefully.

Will the Avs ever win the cup? (Not so Anonymous)
They're in the playoff picture with the youngest team, a superstar, and multiple fringe stars. I don't think a serious championship threat in the next decade would be terribly surprising if the front office plays their cards right.

Is the persona you present to this community different to the real you in real life? (CleanOnion)
Very minimally. Most of the major traits I show here are very similar to what I show in real life, usually just dialed back a little.

What is one tip that you feel any community member could use? (TribalTrouble)
Communication is important. Authority, your peers, and those who came after you are all important to listen to.

What's your favorite forum activity EtG forum or otherwise? (Mr Muffin)
I really, really love Trials and I regret retiring when I did.

Who is your favorite community member? (TribalTrouble)
There's a group of six forum members (some active, some not) I consider extremely close friends. They know who they are, and I suspect most people could guess them, but I'm not interesting in namedropping them so outwardly like that.

Do you have a particular book, song, or other work of art that you feel really speaks to you? (TribalTrouble)
One of the books I keep in sight is called Tapestry. It's a collection of short stories and poems that serve as life lessons, and I used to read it very regularly when things weren't going quite right. I'd say it's had more influence on me than any non-person. As for music with a related effect, the album In Silence We Yearn by Oh Hiroshima is calming and thought-provoking.

What's your favorite card in EtG and why? (Mr Muffin)
Easily Nova. I have a weak spot for simple cards that offer versatility, and mass quanta generation is unmatched in that regard. My favorite card in another favorite card game, Meditation in Spectromancer, is basically the same thing.

How do you think the current Brawl bosses will turn out? Will any teams compare to Frostbite Borealis? (anonymous)
I really like the current group of Brawl bosses and I'm eager to see how this one plays out. Frostbite Borealis was, actively removing my bias, a special team that I'd argue is the best team to not win Brawl, but with only four teams I imagine talent is going to be a bit condensed and so that could be outdone here.

Describe your most distinct personality traits.  Are these traits revealed in your style of play or style of leadership? (Mr Muffin)
I think what most people who know me best would tell you is that I'm stubborn, passionate, and instinctive. These definitely came through most in the Brawl and War I saw the most success in, because in other events I tended to be more reserved for one reason or another. As far as ETG playstyle, I lean on domins a lot, so in some ways those traits probably show there too.

What was your favorite vacation assuming you've been on at least one vacation before? (Mr Muffin)
Most trips I've taken out of state were for deaths, with a handful of family trips in there too. The exception was 2013 - I went on two trips that year, a band trip to Missouri and a visit to my sister in New York where I met my first real girlfriend. That period of my life, especially those trips, had a pretty big impact on where I'm at today.

Did you get enough questions? Would you like more? (TribalTrouble)
I'm very content with what I received, thank you :)

Do you have any last words or comments?
Thanks for having me, take care!

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1274827#msg1274827
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2018, 11:23:50 am »
What is your favorite food?
 (Mr Muffin) :P :P :P
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: April 2018 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1274901#msg1274901
« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2018, 02:30:48 am »

Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.

Offline DoctorC

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1275103#msg1275103
« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2018, 04:06:29 pm »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

phoenix1211

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for phoenix1211".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for phoenix1211").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: May 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1275488#msg1275488
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2018, 11:01:45 pm »

For the month of May, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Offline DoctorC

• DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1276043#msg1276043
« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2018, 12:20:02 pm »

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1276228#msg1276228
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2018, 03:48:40 am »

Lunaris

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Lunaris".

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Lunaris").

The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline DoctorC

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1276520#msg1276520
« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2018, 06:44:02 am »
Lunaris

The Karaoke Queen
Mistress of Stickers
Little Ball of Fur

Explain Espithel
Is it even possible to explain Espithel?

Anything in the works for that Lunaris624 Wattpad of yours?
I'm actually planning on writing a horror or suspense story. I'm also working on new chapters for Z and will get a start on the romance story that I announced a while back

Unicorns or Rainbows?
Unicorns

Favorite Disney Character.
Kovu from the Lion King 2. He's a really well rounded character and he's so underappreciated :(

Why is Wendy's always so much better than Burger King?
LOL that's a joke. The only good thing that Wendy's has is chili and the frostys

You've been through and accomplished a lot this year. What are some of the biggest lessons you've learned over that time?
I've learned that dwelling on the past really only does damage. I've been working on moving on from the things that have caused me stress or other emotions like that. I've also learned that overthinking things is going to make you miss opportunities.

Rock, paper, scissors
I choose rock, do I win?

Favorite .gif.
This one:

Do you have a particular book, song, or other work of art that you feel really speaks to you?
Overthinking by Kurt Travis is a song that I relate to quite a bit, and the book Skin by Adrienne Maria Vrettos

If you could have any 1 member come back, who would it be and why?
inthisroom. He was an awesome friend and I miss him a lot

If you had to choose only ONE current community member you could meet IRL, who would it be and why?
Zyardran <3 She's been my best friend on the forum for as long as I can remember and I would love to be able to meet her in person. I really don’t believe that I would have gotten through some of the struggles I’ve gone through recently if it wasn’t for her love and support, and I’m eternally grateful for her <3

What do you consider your best quality that most others seem to lack?
I'm not really sure. Maybe my willingness to put others before myself

What member of the community do you look up to the most?
Either antiaverage or UTAlan. Both have been huge inspirations to me and I appreciate the both of them a great deal.

Is there anyone whose hug you do not want?
Oh absolutely. Names are something I'm not going to reveal though because that seems inconsiderate.

What's your favorite card in EtG and why?
Upgraded Mutation! It's a very fun card to play with and it keeps grinding and such from getting repetitive.

Do you watch YouTube and if so what kind of stuff do you watch?
Yes I do! I watch a lot of Markiplier, mostly his horror games. I also watch a lot of jacksepticeye and Team Edge. I tend to watch more horror games than anything else.

Do u no da wae
I no da wae my brudda

How are things going for ya as a part NLW team?
Unfortunately I haven't been as active as I would like due to some personal issues and being busy with work. But I do love my fellow NLWs and am going to try to be more of a help in the future xD

What countries would you like to visit
I'd like to go to the Italy, the UK, and Japan. Really anywhere, but those are the big three.

This isn't really a question, but our forum could use some moony pics, possibly in an imgur album :D
Haha maybe I'll make one at some point, but here's one to kick it off:

The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
June 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1276567#msg1276567
« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2018, 03:03:15 am »

For the month of June, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

blarg: ddevans96,phoenix1211,Lunaris