*Author

Offline mathman101

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: January 2018 FCM Voting http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1272350#msg1272350
« Reply #240 on: December 11, 2017, 01:26:51 AM »

Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
[12/04/2017 10:14:04 PM] ‹Zawadx› #mathmanwinswar

Offline Zyardran

• League Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1272860#msg1272860
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

TribalTrouble

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for TribalTrouble".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for TribalTrouble").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
Fire, Darkness, or Pyroshade?
In fond memory of ZephyrPhantom

Offline mathman101

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.mathman101 is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
February 2018 FCM Nominations http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1273202#msg1273202
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2018, 06:28:09 AM »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For the month of February, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM NLW team with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:16:32 AM by mathman101 »
[12/04/2017 10:14:04 PM] ‹Zawadx› #mathmanwinswar

Offline Zyardran

• League Organizer
  • Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Zyardran soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1273228#msg1273228
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2018, 10:11:22 PM »
 TribalTrouble

Council member
 :darkness trooper
Trouble in the tribe

In your opinion, what is an underrated element and an underrated card?
Well Life isn't an Element so it can't be that one...
...on a serious note, Gravity and Gravity Pull. Gravity can be really versatile and deadly. While it is one of the more understated Elements, without a popular mono Gravy deck for grinding, it packs some really powerful utility cards like Black Hole, Momentum, and, yes, Gravity Pull... that see use in many different decks. Gravity Pull's ability to be used both offensively and defensively to either take out a primary target, keep yourself alive, or Voodoo your enemies to death really makes it an invaluable card.

On a deeper level, Gravity Pull also has the Oracle prediction: "If you make another person the center of your world, you can avoid some significant troubles" which really rings true for me. I get really happy and proud of myself whenever I can help someone progress further in their life. And every time I do a good deed for others it then helps me have a more positive view of the rest of the world. It's kind of like shining a light in the darkness... once you do, the light grows and evolves in all sorts of ways you never could have predicted.

Traveled Trouble in a mungle
Stumbled on a tribe in jungle
Got in trouble TribalTrouble
TribalTrouble's tribal trouble :sillyspin:

True story.

Do you have/have you ever had any artistic hobbies. Not just visual arty, but any.
Visually, I love making abstract art. I don't know what it is about it, but I just really enjoy making abstract art that looks good but doesn't seem to hold any clear meaning. You really would have to be the creator or heavily involved in what influenced that art to know for sure what they meant by it. Not many others appreciate it but for me that's the perfect piece of art because other's don't need to know. You can also see this in my poems in the literary section.
I love singing. Love music in general. I was in choir for many years(I'm either a baritone or a bass) and have a lot of great memories, connections, and friends from the experience. The way music unites people is truly amazing.
I enjoy writing as long as I'm passionate about what I'm writing about. Then I can just write on and on and on...

Are you a tree hugger? =D
The last time I hugged a tree was when I was in gradeschool. Does that count? :P

What's your favorite card in EtG and why?
My favorite card would have to be Voodoo Doll. I have so many fun memories of playing variations of It's a Trap! in PvP. It's such a fun card and it really screams 'tribal trouble' :P
Oracle prediction: "Misdirection and secrets rule the day today."

I noticed you weren't around the elements forums for a while and now you are. What was that about?
I tend to go on hiatuses from my online communities. Especially with Elements. I just try out other games, other communities. Try to find the best fit for me. I always return to Elements eventually, part nostalgia and part just due to the fact that it really had an impact on who I became at a young age. Even though I mostly interacted in Kong chat and fooled around, many of the same amazing people that were around when I was active are still here today. Dawn To Dusk, Iancudorinmarian, Jenkar, AntiAverage, Higurashi, etc.
As for why I decided to come back and stay now, I went from being the awkward little unconfident runt I was as a teenager to being someone that has experience, knowledge, and passion. I believe with my unique perspective I can make a difference and have an impact that brings this community back to life. And that's why the first thing I did when I got back was thorough research into the current state of the community followed by my Council application and acceptance. I have since been very active in Council, making lengthy posts to explain my views as thoroughly as I can. In addition, I have been maintaining the Current & Future Council Projects and communicating with a few members of the community every now and then to coordinate with other staff, collect feedback, answer questions, and ensure Council remains both transparent and accountable.

How did you decide on your name?  What's the story behind it?
A lot of thought went into it. I was so original and creative with it that it's impossible that any other user or game has this name...
...I stole it from the old video game TribalTrouble which was the game I played just before I started playing Elements. It really fits my personality well though as I can be very troublesome at times. Especially the tribal kind of trouble, if you catch my drift... ;)

Thanks for the interview, that was fun. Hopefully I didn't write too much. :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:27:00 PM by Zyardran »

Offline Zyardran

• League Organizer
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
February 2018 FCM Voting http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1273541#msg1273541
« Reply #244 on: January 14, 2018, 02:24:17 AM »

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.

anything
blarg: TribalTrouble