*Author

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1269154#msg1269154
« Reply #228 on: October 04, 2017, 02:52:04 am »
kaempfer13

New TO
 :gravity enthusiast
Cool kid

How did you choose your username? (Anonymous)
This is my old username 12-yo me made up (Hey, at least I was thinking 1 year ahead  :) ). Kämpfer (in order to avoid issues with special characters i wrote it as kaempfer) means fighter in german and 13 is my favourite number. I like 13 because I kinda like mocking people who are afraid of it (it's more of a lucky number for me) and it's also my birthday (May the 13th to be exact). Soon this username will have a 10 year anniversary btw, though I don't quite remember on what day exactly I first entered it.

What do you do in your off-time when you are away from elements? (anonymous)
You mean real life? That's some scary stuff that I don't have.
Seriously, I kinda seem to prefer fantasy worlds, my hobbies are playing PC-games, reading and watching movies/anime/whatever.

You hear a knocking on the door. Who will it be? o.o (DoctorC)
THE GRRRIIM REAPER!

Any way how we can persuade you into :life? (Anonymous)
The element (the not-element)? My first usable bronze grinder was actually a mono- :life . I think that all elements (and also  :life) have their merits, the element I'm least compatible with is probably light (and it also happens to be one of the weakest elements in war), but I think with a proper team any element can win eventually, especially with market adjusting over time.

How fast can you fly to the moon? (DoctorC)
I don't happen to be aware of having superpowers that would allow me to do it without help.
Apparently, the fastest way to reach the moon without wasting tons of fuel with our technology is in 2.5 days (its less about the technology really, but you can't follow the optimal trajectory if you try to go faster than that). I am however unlikely to be chosen for a mission to the moon (given that I eventually decided against becoming an astronaut), so I'd first have to get the money to become a SpaceX tourist, which would amount to about 175 million $. In the job that I am aiming for I could get about 100k per year. Since I obviously live another 1750 years we should substract expenses and the actual time to organise and execute the travel there (not).
Fret not though, particles that my body used to be made of will eventually reach the moon. Statistically earth looses about 10^-14 % of its weight per day to atmospheric escape. About 0.001% of those particles actually reach the moon (eventually). This may seem like low odds, but since my body contains over 5*10^27 atoms (and I'm a lightweight), chances are that basically the moment I die a piece of me is on its way to the moon. Let's say that piece of me travels at an average speed of 1 km/s and goes to the moon on a not entirely direct path of 500000km length. In that case it would take about 80 years for me to die, an hard to estimate amount of time for that part of me to reach the exosphere (at which point we assume it escapes the earths gravitational influence for which it'll need a quite respectable speed of about 1 km/s out there) and actually reaches the moon in about 6 days from then on. At which point I realize that by the time I die a piece of shit of me is probably on the moon already. But at this point I have to calculate with far too many numbers that I dont even have remotely accurate estimates for, so I'll just say it'll take 20 years. Which means I'm already there! Yippee!
If that is not fast enough/feels like cheating for/to you (depending on which estimate you use) I reached it in about 5 minutes in a dream once. Which is considerably faster than Johnny Wyles did it!

If you had anything at all as a pet, what would it be? (Anonymous)
I used to have 2 rabbits, which I cared for together with my sister (though tbh each one of us favoured the one they chose originally, but we still cared about the other one as well). However that was a compromise with the cynical aspect to it that our pets should not enter the house and should be dead by the time we move out. At the moment I live alone in an apartment, where pets require special permission from the landlord and dont really have the time to properly care for one either. Generally speaking, I like pretty much all animals (with a few exceptions). I'm probably a bit more of a cat-person than a dog-person (I really like both) and don't really feel like being fancy, so a cat is fine too.

How does it feel to be going for such a high amount of points in the war auction? (anonymous)
I was hoping that I would still be somewhat considered a dark horse for not having that much war experience yet and not having played in a team with any of the current masters (other than w3 who I banned), going for not much more than phoenix who didnt have the chance to prove himself at all in war (but has shown PvP experience). Well, my price is actually comparable to phoenix, but it looks like repeated warexperience isn't valued as highly as I thought (and rather activity and recent PvPachievements count).
I worry about possibly ending up being the sole mastermind of our teams warplan, with noone else able to back me up or jump in if I cannot be sufficiently active during a week. Also its always easier to predict a single person than a whole team and last war I tended to focus on ~3 games per round and could count on my team blindly in the other 2 and that was a fair amount of work already. I sure hope that I'll get someone who goes for way too cheap (like I did myself last war) or at least just a good master on the team. Plus exchanging tactics is half the fun in war. I will certainly go for master in the future to prevent such situations in the future for myself.

You recently gained your first staff position as council (and shortly after TO), how does it feel being staff? Are you enjoying your new positions? (anonymous)
I was expecting more questions like these, given that I've been chosen for FCM just after getting those positions, but looks like this is the only staffrelated one.
It's always nice to add more bling to your name and seeing stuff most people can't see (though I got to enjoy that kind of thing in war and brawl already), but of course with mediocre power comes a decent amount of responsibility.
Things in council move a bit slower than I would like (heck even with my reduced activity the last two weeks I still have the most recent response on a third of our private topics), but we still got 3 projects through in one and a half months and got several more in progress.
As TO 2 of my ideas were realized (one of which could use work, but the other one was wellreceived) and I got to host 2 tournaments as well. It's nice to see that unfold from this perspective and I think I got a bit less competitive in tournaments (when it comes to my own attitude i mean, I still work on the balancing of course) and focus more on trying to help others have fun since I became TO.
Btw, by the time you read this I will probably return to my old activity and am always willing to work as mouthpiece for both council and TOs, so feel free to approach me any time about anything that could be improved.

Tell us an exciting fact about yourself that may not have yet been shared with the community? (mathman101)
Hm, I can't say my real life would be particularly exciting. Probably the most notable thing that comes to mind is getting my Abitur (in Germany this allows you to enter university) at age 17. No need to brag though, I made up for that by studying something that I wasnt good at (mechanical engineering) and am now at a normal age for my semester in my current field (statistics)
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: November 2017 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1269170#msg1269170
« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2017, 02:54:34 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For the month of September, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM NLW team with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:09:26 pm by Zyardran »
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
November 2017 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1269697#msg1269697
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2017, 02:06:54 pm »
 Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.

Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1270222#msg1270222
« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2017, 04:04:54 pm »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

CactusKing

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for CactusKing".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for CactusKing").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1270578#msg1270578
« Reply #232 on: November 04, 2017, 10:05:46 pm »
CactusKing

14th council member
King of the cacti
Hard worker

What's your favorite card in EtG and why? (Mr Muffin)
Relic because it's completely overpowered denial-denial. I know it's extremely meta and all that but I still love seeing it used.

What's your opinion on cacti? (TribalTrouble)
First off I'd like to thank you for not saying 'cactuses'. Imo cacti are the greatest living things ever to walk the Earth.yes, walk. We just do it a bit slower than most :)
I have a sizable collection of potted cacti, cactus-themed clothing and ornaments to honour their greatness (Not to mention having cactus in my username for just about everything), which gives you a good idea of what they mean to me.

What kind of cactus are you? (Anonymous)
A creative one! I love making things, mostly music and small robots, sometimes visual arts too. As for species, I see myself as a Mexican Saguaro (the kind you see in Clint Eastwood movies)

Noodles, doughnuts, or pizza? (Anonymous)
For eating? Pizza. Otherwise noodles.

What are your thoughts on oetg? (Anonymous)
I haven't really looked into oetg. If it has a cactus card 10/10.

If you could choose one community member for anything, who would it be? (Anonymous)
Kuroaitou for Master of Time!

If you could have one and only one staff position, what would it be? (Anonymous)
Council seems like a good spot for me at the moment, but if I was ever needed for a different role my preference would be lead developer deck helper.
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
December 2017 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1270580#msg1270580
« Reply #233 on: November 04, 2017, 10:09:47 pm »

For the month of December, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM NLW team with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:13:25 pm by Zyardran »
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
December 2017 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1271067#msg1271067
« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2017, 11:23:09 am »

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
Current profile picture

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1271085#msg1271085
« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2017, 05:40:07 pm »
Why do you state the time limit is 2 years until one can be interviewed again when you don't follow the limit? Espithel was interviewed earlier this year, and a few months ago you interviewed anti even though he was interviewed less than 2 years ago. I mean sure, you can do whatever you want, but don't have a time limit if it's not followed.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1271086#msg1271086
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2017, 06:02:51 pm »
Our apologies, there was a miscommunication between the NLW team and some names were missed that were submitted. the poll has been updated to reflect this.

Why do you state the time limit is 2 years until one can be interviewed again when you don't follow the limit? Espithel was interviewed earlier this year, and a few months ago you interviewed anti even though he was interviewed less than 2 years ago. I mean sure, you can do whatever you want, but don't have a time limit if it's not followed.

Thank you for the notice, sometimes we make mistakes and miss things, Espithel has been removed from the poll due to being interviewed recently. Regarding the anti interview, it was not noticed until after the interview questions had already been sent, and even then it was only 2 months shy of the 2 year cycle. Because this one was caught early enough we have fixed our mistake.

If you see any other mistakes that need fixing regarding interviews or the NL, please let us know as we are always looking for ways to improve it and give the community what you want.

something....something....something.....

Offline mathman101

• mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1271410#msg1271410
« Reply #237 on: November 21, 2017, 11:18:47 pm »

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

Vineroz

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send Zyardran a personal message instead, titled "Question for Vineroz".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send us questions! (Please title your message "Question for Vineroz").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1271903#msg1271903
« Reply #238 on: December 03, 2017, 05:40:56 am »
Vineroz

Tournament Organizer
Time elemental
Paradox Harbinger

How did you find the EtG community?
Actually it has been so long ago that I can’t remember exactly how…probably a link in the old wikia that leads me to the forum.

What is your favorite aspect of the Elements Community? (TribalTrouble)
What I feel incredible of this place is that you can always find some familiar face in chat no matter how long you’ve been away. It’s just like a time capsule.

What's your favorite card in EtG and why? (Mr Muffin)
Reverse Time. I feel like this card has always been underrated, probably because its true power is weaker against AI. Its mechanic is also a perfect way to show Time’s manipulation power.

Why is Time your favorite Element? (TribalTrouble)
I wear a watch 24 hours a day because I would feel anxious if I couldn’t check the time immediately. Time in Elements also represents control, and I was fascinated by its power in game that I can rarely find IRL.

If there's two cookies, and a Deja vu eats one and then multiplies, someone makes another half dozen batch, how many cookies are there total? (Anonymous)
I…don’t understand. First of all, the déjà vu multiplies instead of the cookie, right? And then after a déjà vu ate a cookie, someone would make another half dozen…so does that mean every time a cookie is eaten, there will be six more cookies available? (Please consider to skip this question, Zya)

You've been a part of the community for many years now, and spent a large portion of that time as a Tournament Organizer. What keeps you coming back? (TribalTrouble)
The time when I was TO the first time (2012-2013) was probably not my most active moment in Elements, but it is definitely the most enjoyable period. There was so much fun when I was designing and hosting tournaments with n00b (and later Calindu), and I was really happy that people that joined those tournaments appreciate them as well.

What do you think of the war teams this war? (Anonymous)
Since there are not a lot of new faces in this war, the power level of players are quite even in all teams.

Who's your favorite Disney Princess? (TribalTrouble)
Snow White. She looks exactly like my childhood crush.

If you could choose one person to lead time for the rest of their lives, who would it be? (Anonymous)
10 men. He was a true Master of Time.

A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here? (TribalTrouble)
"Quack" is probably what he says and what he is looking for...

List your favorite elements in order from greatest to least? (Anonymous)

What do you do in your free time? (TribalTrouble)
Currently it is just Hearthstone.

Pick something you would have to eat every day for a year. (Anonymous)
Egg. I can eat multiple eggs every day.

Any last words for the interview?
Stasis.

Thanks for answering!

Offline mathman101

• I like pet 'thoup!!
January 2018 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1271905#msg1271905
« Reply #239 on: December 03, 2017, 05:50:31 am »

For the month of January, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:53:39 am by Zyardran »

blarg: kaempfer13,CactusKing,Vineroz,n00b,Calindu