*Author

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1263563#msg1263563
« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2017, 03:20:53 pm »
majofa
Longstanding Hero of the Community
Exceptional, Semi-Retired PvP Maestro

How did you find the Elements the game community?

What first introduced you into Elements? (Basman-1453)

My brother (Jaymanfu) called me and told me to check out this new game on Kongregate. Since we had both enjoyed playing CCGs (DBZ, Pokemon) in the past, I looked it up.

You have been in the community for years, what keeps you around and contributing to PvP Events? (Anonymous)
Truthfully, not much anymore. There's no one else to run Events, so I'm here.

Other than development, what do you think is the biggest problem the community faces? (Anonymous)
Just development. If there was new content, there would be more people coming in and more people staying. If I was ever given control, I already have the next 2-3 years of updates planned out.

What most annoys you when hosting a PvP Event? (JonathanCrazyJ)
People not playing their matches.

How long have you been the pvp event manager?
I was officially hired in April 2012, but I was running events long before that... mainly because the other PvP Event organizers weren't doing their job.

You haven't participated in pvp events too much recently. When can we expect you to be active, as a pvp competitor? + Will you be playing in war? (Anonymous)
When new content gets released. I stopped playing when I rng'd my elements and quickbuilt all my decks in a tournament and won.
Last War, unfortunately, I didn't have that great of a laptop.. and could only use it for about 20 minutes at time. I have a new one now, so maybe. Although I never end up on the team I want to be on.

Any last words for the interview?
Please play your matches. (PVP WC and Draft)

Thanks for answering!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:26:38 pm by JonathanCrazyJ »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: June 2017 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1263569#msg1263569
« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2017, 07:36:27 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1263921#msg1263921
« Reply #206 on: May 11, 2017, 07:19:11 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

Aves

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for Aves".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Aves").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
July 2017 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1264631#msg1264631
« Reply #207 on: May 27, 2017, 05:26:25 pm »

For the month of May, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM Silver, JCJ, or myself with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1264816#msg1264816
« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2017, 07:28:11 pm »
Aves
:darkness dude
Competition Oranizer
That guy...

How did you find the EtG community?
I was in middle school and reminiscing about Yugioh. I decided to do a google for 'card game online' and found the main website. After month or two of waffling around with my awesome 38 card  :time :gravity duo, I noticed the links below the game and started lurking.

What False Gods would you take out on a date? (DoctorC)
I dare not repeat the folly of Paris, lest we all end up in the strife and chaos of another War! A dangerous question, this. I must go and seek The Oracle and his wise counsel on this matter.

We all know Darkness is your favourite Element, but if you had to trial for a different one, what would be your choice and why? (Anonymous)
Well, AdrenastAves has cards from two elements. They're both somewhat related to my name, but the deck only needs to use the one type of quanta. Therefore, :life .

What has been your favourite event, competition or other activity on the forum since you have been here? (JonathanCrazyJ)
World of Elements. Even in its nascent beta-cancelled state, it had so much potential. Plus, I'm a sucker for any event with a good map.

If you could choose one extra element as your fav, what would you call the result of the fusion between darkness and that? (Anonymous)
The fusion between  :darkness  :life / :air? Well, if we're going to stick with the theme, birds are alive. Birds can fly. That's the secondaries down. And a commonly referenced bird that flies around in night is an owl, so I'll call it Physsion!  :sillyspin:

How are you finding your role as Competition Organizer? (JonathanCrazyJ)
More fun than I thought it would be, and much less demanding! I've been floundering for a bit with these first four comps-- still finding my way and all that, especially since a certain somebody ditched me, but I think I've got a rhythm going now. Can't wait to see who the Council picks as a partner!

What is hiding in the darkness? (Anonymous)
Nothing that you can see here.

Favourite and least favourite cards in the game? (Anonymous)
Spoiler for Hidden:
This is definitely in the game. It deserves a spot!
Swag, 'nuff said.Elemental hate is bad.

Any last words for the interview?
I'm pretty bad at icon art. I expect the next CO to be bad at icon art, because it's hard. If anybody with 16x16 pixel skills wants to make icons for competitions, please send me a PM! I (or we) would love any assistance you can give!
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: July 2017 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1264903#msg1264903
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2017, 05:51:28 pm »

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1265268#msg1265268
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2017, 09:33:48 pm »

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

Espithel

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for Espithel".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Espithel").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:37:29 pm by Zyardran »
Current profile picture

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1265270#msg1265270
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2017, 09:34:54 pm »

Aves

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for Espithel".

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Espithel").

>>says interview is aves
>>tells to send questions for espi
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1265271#msg1265271
« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2017, 09:38:10 pm »

Aves

>>says interview is aves
>>tells to send questions for espi
Coulda sworn I changed the name, fixed
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1265399#msg1265399
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2017, 11:36:25 pm »

Espithel

8 people vote, but only 2 ask? Come on guys, at least live up to it :P
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
August 2017 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1265591#msg1265591
« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2017, 11:51:41 am »

For the month of August, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM NLW team with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:14:22 pm by mathman101 »
Current profile picture

Offline DoctorC

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: August 2017 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1265629#msg1265629
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2017, 08:56:12 pm »
For the month of May, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

Is there a need to go that far ahead?  :silly:
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

blarg: majofa,Aves,Espithel