*Author

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Febuary 2017 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1255294#msg1255294
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2017, 12:59:16 am »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:02:50 am by Discord »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1255562#msg1255562
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2017, 03:57:39 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.

There is currently a tie between skyironsword and UTAlan. I would ask you vote in the tie breaker poll for the next FCM :)

Thank you!
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1255813#msg1255813
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2017, 09:00:48 pm »

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

UTAlan

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for UTAlan".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for UTA").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1256028#msg1256028
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2017, 03:58:41 pm »
Bump!

Hey guys, 7 people voted and only one person sent in questions, start asking, you only have so much time! :*
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1256697#msg1256697
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2017, 11:11:56 pm »
UTAlan

:aether lover
Admin powers go!
That guy with the pizza
Proud father of 2 adorable kids!

How did you find the EtG community
YoungSot was a real life friend (he grew up as friends with my wife) that introduced me to the game. I found the forums and joined, as I've been part of forum communities in the past and thought I'd give it a try.

What keeps you coming back to the EtG community? (Lunaris)
The people. I stopped playing the game a long time ago (I'll spin and throw an arena deck up on occasion, but that's about it), but the community is amazing. Whether it's chat or forum games or Minecraft or whatever, it's all more fun because of the awesome people.

For how long are you going to stay in our lovely community (I hope for a long time :P)? (ARTHANASIOS)
I have no intentions of leaving. Obviously I don't know what the future holds, but I hope to stick around for a long time!

Dumbest thing you ever said? (Anonymous)
I once heard what I thought was someone tripping over their words from across the room. I loudly made fun of them (20 people or so in the room), only to find out it was someone with an actual stutter. I felt like a horrible human being. (Unfortunately I didn't know the person and didn't go and apologize right away, so I never ended up getting to tell them I was sorry.)

Out of everyone who has ever been on the forums, who would you most want to meet IRL and why? (Lunaris)
Sheesh, tough one. I don't think I can pick who I want to meet most, but I can say it would be pretty awesome to meet antiaverage. We've gotten to work together a lot lately on improving chat and seem to have a lot of similar interests. It'd be awesome to have a beer together some time.

Favorite hobby? (Anonymous)
If programming doesn't count (since I do that for a living), it'd have to be Ultimate Frisbee. Also, if I had to guess I would say that Anonymous is this case is Joey...

If you were Zanzarino, how would you've changed the game to attract more players? (ARTHANASIOS)
Continue development? That's the easiest answer, though in what particular ways is tough. It'd be cool to integrate community cards as that buys some investment from the community and motivates people to continue playing/getting involved. Also, making :aether: stronger would be a top priority :silly:

How did you find the community/game, and how did you become an admin? (Lunaris)
Answered the first half already. And I don't recall the details as it's been a long time and I have a terrible memory (Higs would probably be able to answer this better), but I recall it having to do with my tech knowledge/access, hosting the forums and all that when SG disappeared.

What does your name mean? (ARTHANASIOS)
This one is easy :D I got my bachelor's degree from the University of Texas (UT), and my name is Alan. And on that note, the correct pronunciation of UTA is U-T-A, not Utah, but don't tell Discord that :sillyspin:

Any last words for the interview?
My faith is very important to me. I don't always know all the answers to people's questions about Christianity, but I love having my beliefs challenged because I believe that truth will stand up to any amount of scrutiny. Don't ever be afraid to approach me with questions or challenges about my beliefs!
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: March 2017 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1256744#msg1256744
« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2017, 12:47:10 pm »

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be...wait, hold on a minute.

We don't actually have one yet.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM Silver, JCJ, or myself with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: March 2017 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1257327#msg1257327
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2017, 12:56:12 pm »

Current profile picture

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1257328#msg1257328
« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2017, 01:25:32 pm »
Please remove me from contention. Although I've been looking forward to this, I'd prefer to have my nominee featured instead.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1257378#msg1257378
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2017, 05:07:44 am »
First post needs to be updated.
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1258073#msg1258073
« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2017, 02:25:53 pm »

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

skyironsword

and this is your chance to ask her a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for skyironsword".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for sky").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!

I apologize for the short time span. Had I known there was only 28 days in February before hand this would have been a lot quicker.
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1258278#msg1258278
« Reply #190 on: March 02, 2017, 03:59:06 pm »
skyironsword

Mysterious-ish
Cool
Elements community member!

Who do you hate most? (1011686)

Anyone who is unnecessarily pedantic. Do not waste my time in such an irritating fashion.

Best boy? Best girl? Best rob? (Anonymous)

1. Dm 2. Sera 3. There aren't any good ones

Do you relate more to the Joker from the Dark Knight or Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean? Why? (UTAlan)

I haven't seen either. Besides, I have very little in common with most fictional characters. Most of them are more irritating than relatable.

What do you do in your spare time? (Anonymous)

Due to my extremely fickle nature, I do not consistently do the same thing with my leisure time. Common events include watching videos online, playing games of wildly varying quality, and flirting with women to see if they reciprocate.

What is your favourite card game? (Fippe94)

Fragments. Bias notwithstanding, almost any properly built deck can be viable.

Cat, dog, or bird? (Anonymous)

Birds. Sparrows, in particular. Just common house sparrows.

Cake, noodles, or doughnuts? (Anonymous)

Cake. Strawberry shortcake, in particular. My own recipe.
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
April 2017 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1258282#msg1258282
« Reply #191 on: March 02, 2017, 04:15:52 pm »

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be...wait, hold on a minute.

We don't actually have one yet.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM Silver, JCJ, or myself with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!
Current profile picture

anything
blarg: skyironsword,UTAlan,YoungSot,antiaverage,Amashi