*Author

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1247959#msg1247959
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2016, 03:00:32 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

Skotadi Phobos

and this is your chance to ask (him/her) a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for Skotadi Phobos".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Sko").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Please note that Newsletter Writers have the right to slightly edit your question (proofreading for grammar or style, without altering the content), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate, or choose not to use it if there are so many questions that it becomes necessary to select the best from among them.

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:02:30 pm by Discord »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1250445#msg1250445
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2016, 11:14:54 pm »
Skotadi Phobos
Super cool guy
 :darkness fan
Kiwii!
Sparkling vampire

How did you find the EtG community?
Brother came home from school one day and showed me a new card game he found online, I forget how long it took me to find the forums.

Is doing this interview a sign that you're likely to re-engage with the community? If so, do you think you will get involved with any events around here? (anonymous)
Probably no more than I currently am, I'm trying to spend most of my energy on moving forward with my life.

How do you think that we could improve not only EtG, but the community as well? (Lunaris)
Perhaps branch out to other games? Or have forum sections dedicated to other games. There's no real reason I can see that we can't. We're an awesome community and I don't believe the game we center around has much to do with that.

It's a shame you weren't able to complete the last Brawl, but these things happen! Do you enjoy Brawl as an event and do you think you will sign up for this year's brawl? If so, do you think you are likely to be able to stick it out for the full 6 weeks? (anonymous)
I think brawl is awesome, and by far my favorite event, but the chances of me signing up again are slim. I can guarantee I'll just do a repeat of the last time.

What's your favorite game that has occurred on the forums? (Lunaris)
Despite my performance last time around, I do quite like brawl as a whole.

What's your favourite section of the Monthly Newsletter? (Basman-1453)
Trivia is always a fun challenge.

If you could meet anyone, still active or not, from the forums, who would it be and why? (Lunaris)
I like to imagine higs and I would get along fairly well.

What do you think your spirit animal is? (anonymous)
I dunno, a kiwi bird?

What keeps you coming back to the EtG community? (Lunaris)
The community and nostalgia.

What kind of sports and stuff do you do are there any? (anonymous)
Archery is a sport I suppose so there's that. Blacksmithing falls under the category of stuff I assume. That's about it.

What type of candy do you prefer? (i.e. sour, spicy, mint etc.) (Lunaris)
I generally don't buy or consume candy.

Any last words?
Hopefully at some point I'll get things figured out in my life and I'll be able to sign up for events and be sure I'll be around for them.

Thanks for the interview!
Current profile picture

Offline Silver Emerald

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Silver Emerald is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
Featured Community Member Update https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1250968#msg1250968
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2016, 02:37:31 am »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be...wait, hold on a minute.

We don't actually have one yet.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM Discord or myself with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:44:32 am by Silver Emerald »
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Offline Silver Emerald

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Silver Emerald is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
December 2016 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1251360#msg1251360
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1251362#msg1251362
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2016, 06:39:55 pm »
Glad to see this is getting implemented.

A bit sad I missed the part where I was supposed to nominate someone though xD

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1251706#msg1251706
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2016, 09:05:23 pm »

As per popular vote, the newsletter writer team would like to announce that our interviewee will be

TheonlyrealBeef

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for TheonlyrealBeef".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for TorB").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:16:22 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1252599#msg1252599
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2016, 03:15:40 am »
TheonlyrealBeef
 :darkness fellow
Lean beef
delicious
Tournament Organizer!

First off, How did you find the Elements the Game community, and how did you come up with your username? (Lunaris)

AND

What's the story behind your username? How did you pick the word beef and has the rest of the username have anything to do with the fact that there were a few other people in the community that had beef in their username? (vagman13)

I kinda answered all those the last time I was interviewed and answer hasn't changed, it was quite a wall of text then, take a look! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/elements-council/featured-community-member-archive/msg1221910/#msg1221910
tl;dr: found EtG through Kongregate hunting badges, dutch "Beef" (which means nothing in my language) was a nickname given to me before making e-mail, TheonlyrealBeef was the first unique name with Beef but without numbers I came up with as usable!

Never really looked at any other usernames before picking mine. I had already picked it for lots of game accounts by then... so just stuck with it. Dunno why all those other people include Beef, but it has nothing to do with me!

If you could travel to any fictional world/universe, which would it be and why? (Lunaris)
Hmm, any universe, you say? Well, then I'd be visiting one of my own imagination! Might not come back, either: ruler of all creation; immortal, omnipotent and omniscient being and all that. At least, in my own fictional universe :x
For the rest... it wouldn't be too special. Still worlds with humanoid beings, just without all the fighting and bickering (in fear of my wrath :silly:).

If that is a cheap answer: I always wanted to imagine myself a pokémon trainer (in the world of pokémon, duh) as a kid. But that's ages ago (kinda, maybe).

What's your opinion on vegans?  :P (vagman13)
Good meat is expensive enough as is. Vegans miss out on enjoying good food, but less demand means lower prices! As long as the food tastes good and isn't toxic, I'm not too concerned on whether it grew as sustainable agriculture or was nabbed of a chickens ass. Governments and politics get to worry about that: I'm not about to go vegan over it.

If you could meet ONE member of the forums (either active or not) who would it be and why? (Lunaris)
Zanzarino.
I know, lame answer, but I'd love for him to take some time to speak with me, both as a player of his game as well as a fellow programmer. Even if just to somehow get some new life into the game we all know and love.

Now that's you've had a war under your belt with fire element, do you like the gameplay style of fire? Are there any gameplay similarities,in your opinion,between fire and darkness? (vagman13)
If anything, they are almost opposites. They are similar in both having permanent control and all the other stuff you would like, but Fire is fast and fragile, while Darkness is slow and steady. Fire has absolutely no healing by themselves, and every creature is extremely vulnerable to CC. My thought of Phoenixes being CC-resilient proved less true than I thought while looking at it from other elements' perspectives: dropping them dead for 2 turns is sometimes all you need to secure the win against it. Especially from decks as reliant upon winning fast (since minimal defense on its own) as Fire decks. Fire Stall is a different story, but apparently everyone always saw it coming from afar. Except the Purify one 8-)

But they both have Bolts, Sanctuary Stalls and mediocre Shards. Let's just sum it up as many similarities in cards, but different pace of gameplay for decks with 75+% of their element. I was really missing 4-5 cost attackers in Fire, for example.

Spirit food? (Anonymous)
Uh... spirit food? I... uh...
No clue, not much of a spiritual person? Or maybe I just don't know well enough what it means, since it's lacking context. Plus English being my third language.

This is a psychological test  ( :P ). What's your favourite CC card between Basilisk Blood, Fire Bolt and Lightning? (vagman13)
Lightning. Because it's in the best element out of those three.

Can I eat you? (Anonymous)
You can try. But you'll need some seductive tricks to keep yourself from turning into my meal instead. *omnomnom* :3

What's your favourite video game of all time? (other than EtG). Could be anything from oldschool arcade or console to the most modern blockbuster. (vagman13)
If I look back at the game now, I cannot enjoy it anymore for being kinda old, but I spent a lot of time playing Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 back in the day. And its map editor. Really liked the expansion Yuri's Revenge, too, despite the Yuri faction being broken, annoying and all that (simply excluded it, the other factions did get nice new toys). Back then, rts games weren't trying to rush everything in 15 min multiplayer matches.

More recently, I've also spent over a thousand hours playing Distant Worlds (and expansions. Probably considered a niche over-complicated game, but I really enjoy it), it's what I mostly turn back to if I want to enjoy a good strategy game nowadays.

In both cases, just as single-player. AI doesn't mind getting their asses kicked, when people I play against do (me too). And as much as I like (J)RPG games, their replay value tends to be far more limited.

Any last words for this interview?
Hmm, maybe a bit late, but I guess I'll tell a few things about myself.
Spoiler for life story, just skip past this:
I initially grew up in a protected environment with parents that were usually at home, playing around inside the safety of my own house. I was intelligent, naive, helpful, but most of all ignorant of the world around me. Eventually, the cruelty of humanity got to me at school: turns out intelligent, naive, helpful and ignorant is an irresistible target for dumb bullies. I hated them, I hated humanity, but most of all: I hated myself. Eventually, my calm composure was broken as I went physically berserk. Afterwards, I managed to avoid most negative attention by intimidation, but I never truly got along with anyone, either.

Yet after 2 years of high school everything changed as I moved my home and school elsewhere: suddenly I was overwhelmed by the people being nice there (at the new school). While still being drawn back and cautious up to the very present, I eventually ended up having the best time of my life there with the few people that I would consider my friends. But all good things must come to an end. College happened and I found myself in a new environment with new people and a new form of education... all of it was a bit overwhelming for me and it took me a long time to sort of find my place there. Longer than the education was supposed to take. But I did find Elements during this time. Times when I was upset about something on forums or inactive often collided with me being upset with myself over my performance in college. Especially since lack of intelligence was NOT a factor there. Regardless, this is where my story ends, but not my life. Once I figure out what I'll be doing for the rest of it my activity might decrease dramatically, like I said it would when I returned here.

I'll still reserve time to ensure you guys get awesome tournaments regardless, though!
:silly:

Thanks for answering! (Discord)
You shouldn't thank me before reading all the answers! :silly:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 03:24:40 am by Silver Emerald »
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: January 2017 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1252738#msg1252738
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2016, 05:02:36 pm »

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be...wait, hold on a minute.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community!

Please feel free to PM Silver or  myself with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week for questions and a week for the interviewee to respond.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:04:52 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: January 2017 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1253443#msg1253443
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2016, 12:44:02 pm »

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1253862#msg1253862
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2016, 08:25:41 pm »

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

vagman13

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for vagman13".

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for vagman13").

Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1254661#msg1254661
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2017, 07:11:57 pm »
vagman13
 :fire guy
Prankster
Vetman, Vegman
Cool guy of the group

How did you find the EtG community?

Completely by accident actually.I was following the starcraft pro-gaming scene at that time and while visiting a certain forum (teamliquid) I stumbled upon a "Best free games" thread on their off-topic section.Elements the game was between those games highly suggested and that along with my love for card game were enough to get me to sign up and get hooked ever since.

Can you please tell everyone ever how much better you are than me? (Amashi)

I was having similar thoughts when I first joined here,then a few months later I had a decent cardpool and was pretty competitive in the pvp events of that time.Make what you will out of this answer.

Are you a vegan? (ARTHANASIOS)

Nope,definitely not.I am trying to eat healthier lately and less meat than when I was younger,but there's no way in hell I am becoming a vegan.Good food is one of those little joys in life.I respect however anyone's right to choose what he/she eats and I expect the same from them.

What would be your reaction if someone creeped up on you and said "you are a starfish"? (Anonymous)

I would pretend that I did not hear the last part and say "Yeah,I know I am a star! Thank you".Then I would load up Limp bizkit's "Chocolate starfish and the hotdog flavored water" album on my iPod,ride my unicorn and chase the rainbow for Electrum gold.Did you expect a serious answer on this one ?

Fine,if you want a serious answer,I'll give you one.I'd be very alarmed and check whether I was being pranked,being in any kind of danger or if that was just a random kid goofing around.Then I would ride my unicorn and chase the rainbow for gold.

In which country would you like to live in? (ARTHANASIOS)

UK,during the eighties.London specifically. Most of my favourite bands came from that place and that period.I would love to be a part of it as it was happening. As for today, probably Sweden.

Do you have a cat? :o (Anonymous)

Nope,but I had a cat's name inspired by me.The cat's name is a Greek word that has similar meaning to the word "Urchin".Love that cat.

If you could choose your own nickname, what would it be? (Anonymous)

There's no fun or point coming up with a nickname for yourself.It's never good and it doesn't stick around either.Actually ,it's certain that if you pick a nickname for yourself,it will be ridiculous.I love,however,coming up with funny nicknames for my friends and them bugging me with funny and/or ridiculous ones also(definitely not insulting ones though).

What is the one thing you hate in EtG the most? (ARTHANASIOS)

The pvp netcode and the delays that it causes.Seriously..One of the reasons that I am not that active in pvp events as I used to,is because of all the desyncs and connection issues that happen almost every time.

Any last words for this interview?

Well, thanks for the opportunity to be interviewed.There was no way that I could have predicted the questions I got :P .I love this game and the community and hope to continue being a part of it for many years to come. I'd also like to thank all of the staff members , past,present and future,for all the hard work they put in for us to have a great time.

Thanks for answering!
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Febuary 2017 FCM Nominations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1255078#msg1255078
« Reply #179 on: January 10, 2017, 03:37:50 pm »

Please feel free to PM Silver, JCJ, or myself with the name of one member who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year, with the PM title "Nomination for Featured Community Member".

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:50:25 pm by Silver Emerald »
Current profile picture

blarg: Skotadi Phobos,TheonlyrealBeef,vagman13