*Author

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1234954#msg1234954
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2016, 12:18:35 pm »
Hello all faithful, occasional and new readers of Featured Community Member thread!

I would like to announce that our July interviewee is going to be

Jenkar

and you have the only chance to ask him a question!

To do so you have . Thanks for your contribution!

Please don't ask your questions here! Instead, send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE.
(We don't want to make questions public before official release).

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Jenk").

EDIT: Please also specify if you want your name next to the question or you want to be anonymous (not recommended though, don't ask questions you can be ashamed of :P).
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Silver Emerald

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Silver Emerald is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1236624#msg1236624
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2016, 11:26:13 pm »
July 2016
Jenkar

How did you find the community?
Whilst playing the game I clicked on "Open chat". That's how I found it, iirc.

How did you find elements, and what keeps you coming back? (kinkykitten624)
I found elements through kongregate, as most people. It keeps being in the high-rating multiplayer games, which makes it easily available.
As for what keeps me coming back... This community is one of the sanest I've ever seen online. It has little destructive drama, is stable, and friendly. Worth coming back to.

Why? (Anonymous)
Because I can.

If you could meet only ONE person from the community, who would it be and why? (kinkykitten624)
OH BOY. Really depends on what I'd want from the meeting, i think. Spiritual insight => Higurashi. Friendness & mutual comfort => Solaris. I think.

What's your favourite color? (Anonymous)
Teal.

Who are you when you're not being yourself? (fasp_3000)
I am what most people see.

Of all the non-rare cards in the game, which would you say is your favourite? What about least favourite? (kinkykitten624)
Skeleton is def the least favorite, ish useless.
Sky blitz is one of my favorite non-rares, I think. It's fun to boost your damage when it's unexpected and kill your opponent when they could've healed. The threat of it also makes opponent heal too soon when you don't have it.

How many creatures of the element "X" you need to change a light bulb? (Replace X by each of the elements and justify your answer ...) (fasp_3000)
Aether : 1 phase salvager, which dies the turn after.
Air uses firefly, no light bulbs needed.
Darkness doesn't change light bulbs.
Death can't change it, it systematically destroys the new light bulb
Earth has enchanted its lightbulb, they don't break.
Entropy can't change it, it becomes a butterfly each time.
Fire doesn't need lightbulb, it has fireplaces
Gravity uses a single graviton salvager.
Life uses a single green nymph, which takes a fourth of a turn to repair it.
Light doesn't need lightbulbs.
Time uses a single rewind, to put the bulb back to its prime.
Water uses a single water nymph, which makes thousand of copies of itself before changing the light-bulb as a long chain of command.

There's a bug in your house. You have unlimited tools and resources at your disposal. What steps would you take to either kill it or release it? (CleanOnion)
Wait, unlimited tools and ressources?
I start a lab to discover how to swap consciousnesses.
I swap consciousnesses with the bug, go outside, swap back.

Call it now - what is the outcome of War 10? (Anonymous)
Hard to say without knowing what the new masters are going to be.
I have high hopes for Light & Air, but I think... Darkness again.

We all already know that all the game's creatures reproduce through mitosis (except Firefly which is born of the Queen). Viewing the subject in this context, who would be "Adam and Eve" in the game? (fasp_3000)
There does not need to be an adam and eve. The binarity of gender is silly.

What non-alcoholic beverage would you pick? (Anonymous)
Pomegranate juice. <3

What's your favourite kind of happiness, and what kind of happiness do you feel best represents you? (CleanOnion)
I have a two way tie there : Happiness from fitting in and happiness from being trusted. Happiness from exacting extreme violence (either physical or mental) is probably the one that best represents me tho.

On what device are you currently answering this question? Be specific about brand, model, and OS, please. (Anonymous)
A macbook Air (13 inch) from early 2014. Os is Yosemite.

Knock knock. (Anonymous)
Why didn't you ring the bell? :o

Any last words for this interview?
Just a word of thanks for all the people who keep this community awesome. They know who they are.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:29:38 pm by Discord »
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1237115#msg1237115
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2016, 02:38:10 am »
Hello all faithful, occasional and new readers of Featured Community Member thread!

I would like to announce that our August interviewee is going to be

CleanOnion

and you have the only chance to ask him a question!

To do so you have Thanks for your contribution!
Please don't ask your questions here! Instead, send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE.
(We don't want to make questions public before official release).

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Onion").

EDIT: Please also specify if you want your name next to the question or you want to be anonymous (not recommended though, don't ask questions you can be ashamed of :P).
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1239821#msg1239821
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2016, 07:02:23 pm »
CleanOnion
August 2016

How did you find the Elements community?
Hi!
Back in 2012, maybe 2011, maybe even 2010, a friend introduced me to EtG at school. Four of us would play the game regularly together, battling each other, etc.
I'd look for decks on the wiki but our school systems were a bit borked and Wikia didn't load properly, so I first joined the forums to scour for decks. I of course alighted on Limitless Speed OTK, started farming false gods, and my little group of friends would have competitions to see who could get to the special spins first.

We drifted apart eventually, and stopped playing the game regularly. Eventually, back in 2014, I must've somehow found the game again - I forget how - and decided to make a card, Centriole | Meristem. Check my posting history, it's the second post I ever made.

Ever since Discord said to me in Blab something along the lines of "I hope you stick around, newbies have a habit of leaving" I've been determined to prove her wrong. So here I am today!

What was your thought process in getting that username? (Mr Muffin)
I've had this one for a while, though some of you know I was formerly known as Clean0nion with a 0.

I've had the name for years and it's become a part of me, deeply ingrained. There was a Worms game I had on the Wii a looooong time ago. A generated a random name for my worm and it was "Le Clean Onion". It stuck.

How long did you lurk on the forums before introducing yourself? (1011686)
I joined in November 2012 and made my first post February 2013. So, three months, I guess :P

I'll make an official introduction post one day. Not yet.

Do u love me? (Anonymous)
Narcissistic little shit aren't you?

What role would you Brawl as if you weren't BMing? (JonathanCrazyJ)
Honestly - anything but Deckbuilder. I love doing art, but the only art I do these days is 3D renders which take foorrreevveeerrrr and as such aren't really suitable for Brawl. Writing is one of my favourite things, so it's a prime candidate, but I also really love the unpredictability of Forum Expert. Boss sounds good, but there's an opportunity cost between being able to name and bid on my own team; and being bid on myself (see narcissism in the last question).

If I really had to pick one, I'd go Writer. Then Forum Expert, then Artist.

How do you usually spend your time outside of Elements? (work, study, sports, hobbies, etc.) (Anonymous)
There's a fair bit of chemistry, that's what I'm studying. Work continues to elude me at this time on account of my own laziness.

My hobbies can, for the most part, be summed up by my activities on this site. I play several other games - mostly Skyrim - and don't get me started on the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss because I will talk for days.

I used to write a lot. I'm partway through several novels which are, honestly, unlikely to ever be finished. I recently attempted a sizeable Javascript project - I took a basic Javascript course, tried to make my project, then I took an AngularJS course, didn't understand it, so I took another one. Cannot recommned Code School enough. AngularJS is subsidised by Google, so it was free to learn! Woop woop.

Other miscellaneous things that interest me: ASMR, spooky psychological stuff, chilling with my RL buddies.

The only other online communities I play more than a negligible role in I can't talk about on a SFW forum.

You are obviously plotting some sort of world domination / hacking disaster, or some other global crisis with your code-y terror. Care to share what we should look out for when the end is nigh? (anonymous)
Just because you're so nice, I'll give you a survival tip during my apocalypse. Just you mind. If you didn't ask this question, don't read.

Okay, now that it's just you reading, I'll tell you my secret: my apocalypse has already begun. Do you feel a little bit depressed? Sometimes you think that life isn't worth the effort and there's nothing to look forward to once you're gone? Find yourself not wanting to be around people even if you're really close to them? Your best friend is your own head?

That'll be my code. A nice little virus, broadcasted everywhere into every mind. Affects everyone. Have fun!

Do you have any interest in PvP whatsoever, and (not that this is a bad thing) how did you get into the community considering not much of an apparent affinity with the game itself? (JonathanCrazyJ)
Literally none.

The only PvP event that's interested me even remotely is RootRanger's Forum Under Crisis (Kinda), just because it was so wonderfully bastard.

I only even touch the game every couple of weeks, and it's almost never to fight someone. Occasionally I'll hit up an Arena to see if I can get those fucking shards of fucking bravery but other than that... I don't really play.

The only reason I stuck with the community is because of how resilent and structured and nice it is. Having been without a dev for several years and to still have a community this strong... it's impressive, and I'm proud to be a part of it, even I was never around to see its heyday. So that's why.

Also the number of nonPvP events is awesome. Brawl ftw

Whose the sluttiest of them all? (Anonymous)
"Mirror, mirror, on the wall,
Who's the sluttiest of them all?"

"How about Linkcat? His legs are so tall
Espithel maybe, he sluts at the mall"

"Mirror, mirror, that's not what I mean
How do I know whose slutting's most keen?"

"I hear Naesala's sex is kind of a bore
But you'll never go wrong with Fippe94"

"His sexual prowess has gone to his head.
Who on this forum is most fun in bed?"

"iancudorinmarian?
His name fills a line so he must be fun."

"Name length correlates not with member size.
How about who has the prettiest eyes?"

"Discord is known for her ravenous beauty.
You're into eyes? That's kind of spooky"

"Mirror, mirror, judge my kinks not
You'll find I'm aroused by rather a lot"

"Including yourself, or so it would seem
Talking to your mirror must be your dream"

What is the strangest dream you have ever had? (Linkcat)
Here's two for you.

Hypothetically, I like to keep a record of my dreams. Hypothetically, whenever I have a really weird dream, when I wake up I'll grab some paper and a pen and write/draw it out so I can remember it.

Realistically, I've only ever done this twice, and I lost one of the papers, so I'll tell you about the other one.

Spoiler for You Can't Kill Batman:
I was Shrek. Yep.

I was wearing a pointy hat. A tidal wave was going to destroy everything, and I had to stop it. I stole a boat from Yoshi and travelled to the main city. I entered a giant colloseum-place, in the audience seating area, and looked down to see Professor McGonagall telling me I had to stop the tidal wave. So I go outside and Batman is stood there lecturing people about how the tidal wave is going to kill them. A little kid is trying to shoot him with a laser gun, but he has a forcefield.

I don't recall if I stopped the tidal wave. I think I woke up before then.

When I was little lad, at some point I was very ill and had a nightmare so terrible that I was crying, I was panicking, my little mind just couldn't cope.

Spoiler for The Zero:
There was a thing blocking the exit to my room.

There was nothing I could do to avoid it. I was trapped, forever. It had always been there. It would always be there.

It was The Zero.

I was terrified.

What was it? A log in a ditch.

As a side note, I've always wanted to be able to lucid dream, but never really put in the effort into working towards having that ability. Ah well. I had one once. The first thing I did was wake up. Silly me.

None of those are my strangest dream. If you'd like to know about a certain variety of dream that's NSFW, you may PM me.

Call it now - what is the outcome of Brawl 10? (RootRanger)
Close tie between team Meaning Of Life VII and team Zanzarino Abandoned Us, The Heartless Bastard. MOL7 juuuuuust about overtakes ZAUTHB because they won 110 challenges in the final round set by team Espithel's Solitude.

What's the most in-opposition to common morals thing that you've done, that you enjoyed doing? (Jenkar)
It's not exactly immoral. In a way, it's too moral. I do it often.

Though I haven't done this at all to anyone on this forum, my RL friends can sometimes fall victim to this. I like learning people's secrets, and sometimes all it needs is a little bit of coaxing to get them to spill the beans. I have feigned friendships (and in one case, a crush) in order to do this. I like collecting secrets.

I don't tell them to anyone else. I wouldn't want someone I've trusted to do that. I don't blackmail them with it, or anything. Gotta maintain a pristine repuation if you want people to keep trusting you.

Funnily enough, quite a few of my "victims" have become close and genuine friends. Funny how things work out. As I said, "too moral".

What is the strangest dream you would want to have? (Linkcat)
As mentioned I'd love to be able to lucid dream. A space to enact all the things I couldn't in real life would be lovely.

As for your question... damn. I have no clue. I'd give a sarcastic answer involving something like your legs wrapped around my head, but it genuinely bothers me that I don't know the answer to this.

Any last words for this interview?
Presumably "Last Edit: [date and time] by Discord" or something like that in little grey text
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:13:04 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1239839#msg1239839
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2016, 08:20:19 pm »

Offline vagman13

• Reputation Power: 12
  • vagman13 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.vagman13 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team Aether14 Club - Most expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWar #2 Winner - Team EntropyChampionship League 3/2010 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1240262#msg1240262
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2016, 12:55:20 pm »
Cool little sikrit onion.I know how that feels but for a little bit different reasons. I don't ask for it , but somehow I inspire people to talk to me ,tell me all that stuff.Even people I know little. People tell me I am a good listener and trust their secrets just like that.Well they judge right in that I never will reveal them to anyone, and I occasionally provide good advice .However , after a while , listening to sooo many absurdities like I have, you kinda start questioning a lot of the things you beleive in.

Offline Silver Emerald

• Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1240815#msg1240815
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2016, 03:41:55 am »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

rob77dp

and this is your chance to ask him a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no :time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for rob77dp".

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Please note that Newsletter Writers have the right to slightly edit your question (proofreading for grammar or style, without altering the content), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate, or choose not to use it if there are so many questions that it becomes necessary to select the best from among them.

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:25:13 pm by Silver Emerald »
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Offline Silver Emerald

Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1243512#msg1243512
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2016, 01:07:18 am »
September 2016
rob77dp

Are you actually the grim reaper/death? (danil) I am not the grim reaper - although he is a prominent character featured in some of my favorite Family Guy episode(s) (I think Death is in more than one episode by now...)

Do you happen to keep some pets? If you do, what are they? (Basman-1453) I DO have pets - two cats and until recently the family had fish (they are now all dead - a 'fun' 8 month-long experiment in how much will Dad take care of something he had not really sign up to take care of but reluctantly agreed to have around and ended up taking care of anyway). :P Yup.

Your whole team cost hardly anything in war, was it a tactic to go for the cheapest team, or did it just end up that way, you lucky duck? (JonathanCrazyJ) I have nothing against some of the higher priced players from this Auction but I have been in many high-bidding auctions in my past War general-ing and was determined not to spend highly for players. In the past, while the players themselves did not disappoint per se (SHOUT OUT TO dragonsdemsne here, among others!), I did find it difficult to fill the team with what I perceived to be all active players in a sense of coming to the Team Area at least once every day or two (yeah, twice per round was a tall task for a few past teams of mine). No hard feelings - just affected how I went about building this team.

There has proven, so far at least, to be GREAT value among the relatively inexpensive bids I had this auction! dd at that price I am confident is 10/10 would bid again. Relatively unknown to me prior - UzumakiNaruto and asd are proving quite active and very willing to participate and help however they can. Espithel is a real asset to the team. I truly see no err in my auction bids or choice of team thus far. :P

When did you know that death was your favorite element? What would your second favorite be? How about least favorite? (asdw152) When Shantu PM'd me in chat one day to interview/quiz me ahead of his General-ing :death in War 6 I was overjoyed a General took a specific interest in me (I had listed Death in my favorites). At this point, having Death be my first fun foray into this PVP Event "War" hooked me for life it seems. (PUN!)

You meet a Life elemental at the bar. What happens next? (Silver Emerald) Fist bumps leading to Four Wise Men shots leading to some unknown series of activities probably involving obscene gestures to patrons followed by unrecalled expedition around town in near-freezing temperatures and snow-cover culminating in my being awakened under a bare bush in my skivvies around 3 in the morning warmed only by a drunk-blanket and a higher than average metabolism. I'm not sure - this may have happened and I may be making it up... all or part...

How often do you get out of your house? When and if you do, do you put your skin back on you or do you wander around as a naked skeleton and terrify everyone? (iancudorinmarian) I leave the house just about every day... Of course, venturing out into public required careful skin disguise as to spare onlookers the abject horror or undue admiration (eye of the beholder I guess) of peering directly into my skeleton soul. Sometimes, I do sneak out to the curb to put out the trash on trash-day wearing nothing but sandals, though.

Do you remember when we first met? [I ask because I don't, so remind me.] (iancudorinmarian) I feel confident, somewhat, that it was during the Last Avatar PvP event...?

What is your favourite song? [Link to it would be nice too.] (iancudorinmarian) I'd be hard-pressed to single out ONE most favorite song... but for the purposes of this response I think Some Chords by Deadmau5 is a GREAT choice. Enjoy!

Who are your best friends in this community? (iancudorinmarian) Full honesty here, this would be a very long and lovely list... sometimes I catch myself on the member list, alphabetical inclusive version, sorting by # of posts and then scrolling through page-after-page looking at the names to just ponder/remember various aspects of the member names I recognize. That and going through my somewhat extensive PM Inbox / Sent Items store for similar purposes. I think I would consider most or all of those people my friends in the community. At the risk of offense or perceived slight should I leave out important names, if I had to say "best" a few names popping up to me are dd, Phys, dragons, Sol/MMC, JCJ, kimham8ha, Pella, +-, Cheesy, and Shantu and many others I'm sure I am wrongfully overlooking at the moment... this list is compiled owing to a wide range of connections and reasons, too.

Let's say that Death is guaranteed to place second in War. Who would you be rooting for to get first? (Anonymous) Air, I suppose - good people and some serious fun in that team there I suspect. :D

You got ddevans96 pretty cheap in the war auction. How much would you have paid for him if pushed, and do you think his experience with another element will be a help or a hindrance? (Anonymous) Absent the true tell of having to bid higher to get dd, I was prepared - given the otherwise unchanged state of prices/auction - to go double what I paid. His experience with :water will be helpful but dd brings way more than that to the table. He has been WM (multi-occasion) and long-time player of the game - all of these I see as being HELPFUL and not hindering.

Have you ever considered starting an undead band with awful bone puns for your name and all your albums? (Anonymous) Not until now!
Discography of  D.O.A.
Sleeping When You're Dead - a nighttime easy listening album
Waking Up Dead - a collection of alarm clock mp3's
Death in a Box - first performed on-air during a famous Weekend-day Night Live episode
I Will (not) Survive - Cake cover
Soul Leaves Body - dabbling in indie rock/pop

Offline Silver Emerald

Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1243992#msg1243992
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2016, 10:09:31 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be

dark ripper

and this is your chance to ask him a question for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send me a personal message instead, titled "Question for dark ripper".

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Please note that Newsletter Writers have the right to slightly edit your question (proofreading for grammar or style, without altering the content), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate, or choose not to use it if there are so many questions that it becomes necessary to select the best from among them.

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:49:16 pm by Silver Emerald »

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1243993#msg1243993
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2016, 10:14:44 pm »
My prior post was deleted? :/, but thank you for making the proper decision.

Offline Silver Emerald

Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1243994#msg1243994
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2016, 10:20:35 pm »
Yes, since it pertained to another post which had also been removed to try to minimize confusion.

Apologies for the sudden change in plans, we're trying to get our interview selection and timing process into better working order.

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1247607#msg1247607
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2016, 01:10:38 am »

dark ripper

:entropy guy
Deck Helper
Anime fan
Cool dude

When did you become a deck helper and when and why did you choose to become a deck helper? (Mr Muffin)
I became a deck helper about 2 years ago. Deckbuilding is the most important aspect of etg in my opinion and it is also very exciting. Creating new decks, playing them to see if they work, be happy if they do or correct them until they do. As soon as I learnt there is a deck helper position in the forums i immediately knew i wanted to apply for it and a few months later, when the position opened, I applied and took the position.

What keeps you coming back to the EtG community? (Lunaris)
Chat. I've already left the forums once because I more or less got bored of the game. I came back cause I missed the chat, the people I had awesome discussions with, and the crazy talk from time to time. Till then Ive considered leaving again a couple times, but I doubt Ill be ever again able to completely stay away from this wonderful community and its members.

What is your favorite kind of music? (Anonymous)
Punk Rock.

Your name 'dark ripper' makes me think of a darkened Jack the ripper, has he had any influence on the choosing of your name? If not, how did you come to choose your name? (mathman101)
Indeed. dark ripper derives from Jack the Ripper. I originally wanted my name to be Jim the Ripper but it was taken, then I tried several other names like Jim Ripper, Jimmy Ripper, those names with capitals, numbers, but no luck, after a while i settled with dark ripper. I started using the name Ripper in my net games names about 7 years ago btw.

Who's going to win War? (Anonymous)
Entropy of course! If it's not entropy I will cheer for my buddy Afda. Air seems to be doing exceptionally well with him generaling.

If you ever had the option, what would you do to improve EtG, and why? (Lunaris)
It has been mentioned a lot and Im just giving my vote to that suggestion. I would tell zanz to give game mod powers to other people as well so that the game can be updated. We have many ideas, many, many, MANY new cards that have been balanced years ago, ready to get into the game, we have 1.4 basically ready to go, but zanz seems to be busy with other projects. Just give someone else the power to update the game. That's what I would do.

If you were to add a 13th element, what might it be? (Silver Emerald)
Hmm. Something like Energy maybe? I can see some pretty interesting cards made from the concept of energy being an element. Though, I have never been a huge fan of card making and personally i would rather have those 12 elements remain and add more cards.

You appear to be a big fan and supporter of :entropy. What brought you towards this element, and how has it affected your overall EtG experience? (mathman101)
My personality when I joined the forums brought me close to entropy. I was a wild teenager, liked the idea of chaos and that immediately created an attraction towards entropy. It has affected my etg experience a lot. The signature of entropy for me is the bow rushes. Since i liked entropy, i wanted to build decks with entropy in them, so i started building bows; i started liking bows so in succession i started leaning on building rushes in general, and playing more aggresively. Thus, you could say that being attracted to entropy in the beginning, made me the player I am today. However,entropy wasnt my favourite element at first. 

Should the Underworld team be brought back for War? (Anonymous)
The idea is nice. But definately not. Not at the moment. Team Underworld was created cause too many people were applying for war. Unfortunately, now that is not a problem.

Out of all the Wars that you've been around for, which do you think was (for lack of a better term) carried out best? Why? (Lunaris)
I've only participated in 2 wars(now is the the 3rd). Even if you count this one, i would say last war was my best experience. In my first war i was with team Earth, and i was drafted by a friend(Megron), but i dont particularly like earth so building decks for team earth wasnt something i found too pleasant, even though I enjoyed spending time in the pad with the guys from team earth. Last war was awesome though, we didn't do too well cause most of our members were not too experienced with war. Iancu first time general, mine 2nd war, discord first war, qwerter wasnt very experience with pvp in general, and CCC holding us together. However, i loved spending time in that pad. This war is still on going so I cant voice my opinion yet.

What do you like best about Elements? (Silver Emerald)
I used to love when i created new decks that worked. For example when I took the SoB Air Rush and tested it vs silver arena and had an overwhelming winrate i felt awesome. I also loved joining the chat, seeing 50 people and a crazy discussion taking place with a lot of participants. Now those things dont happen too often. I enjoy spending time talking to the friends Ive made in the forums and playing the occasional game.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:53:18 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

anything
blarg: Jenkar,CleanOnion,Linkcat,Espithel,Naesala,Fippe94,iancudorinmarian,Discord,rob77dp,dark ripper