*Author

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1219770#msg1219770
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2016, 09:41:32 pm »
So I've heard some people tell me they don't know what to ask. I'm just gonna leave this here :P

Ask me whatever you want, and to make it easier, feel free to ask me questions about my personal life as well x) I don't mind~
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Calambar

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1221892#msg1221892
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2016, 05:21:48 pm »
CURRENT FEATURED MEMBER:
February 2016

Discord
Newsletter Writer
:entropy fan
Lady Chaos
Single and Proud
Really cool gal

First things (questions) first. How did you find Elements the Game and this community?

Heh. I started out as a total noob on kongregate. It started about after a few months, I met a guy on kong, who was known by the name of agdhar (Man I miss that guy) but he kept telling me about the forums, and how much fun it all was. Eventually I got the nerve to check it out, but without any courage, and no Gmail, I kinda just waited. It was only about 4 months later when he asked me to join. At this time I had a Gmail account, and finally got the nerve to try. At this point I knew that my soul was bound to this thing forever, but hey, once you start you can't stop eh? :P

Is there any particular reason you took your username after the Entropy rare weapon? (Basman-1453)

Actually, to let the cat out of the bag. I took on the name Discord even before I knew the weapon existed. It was only until Physsion told me more about it did I understand that I just -had- to keep it. I feel it suited me regardless, and I liked the name. Hard to believe eh? ^^ I stuck with the name because I felt that nothing else would suit me as well as this one does. I liked the weapon, so why not? :) *scramble~*

Can you ever have too much Entropy? (Silver Emerald)

No such thing as too much Entropy! :D Entropy is love, Entropy is life~ Entropy is the start of my day right down until I go back to bed. Where would this world be without entropy? x) it would be insanely boring in my opinion. I like being the crazy and chaotic person. I'm the weird kid in the corner, you know :P I don't plan on changing that. Entropy is my very soul, so there can definitely never be too much of it. ^^ Join the Entropy, we have cookies :P

Have you ever done anything to be random? Out of those things, what was the most random thing you've ever done?
Or... (do whichever you want to answer)

I always do random things, what do you expect? xD I'd have to say the most random thing I've done is, well, where to start is a mystery x) but I have done too many things to consider just one the most random :) But if I had to pick, I'd have to say that dying my hair was a pretty unexpected move. You didn't know up until the last minute >:D and I didn't expect myself to ever do that either, but we all do random things~

Have you ever gotten in a fight with someone and really scrabbled them up? (PUN PUN PUN)

I don't get in fights alot, but when I do, they can get pretty messed up *SCRAMBLETIME,BETTERRUN!* :P

What's your favourite colour? Why? (Arum)

I'd have to go with pink. Pink, I know, seems more of a girl's color anyway, but don't get me wrong. Pink is used for things like anti-bullying days. I find anti-bullying days can be very powerful, and inspirational. That's right, pink is powerful! and it's just a fair color. :)

Why Newsletter Writer? (anonymous)

I chose Newsletter Writer mostly because I had a huge interest in writing when I joined. But I didn't know where to start, and I never really thought i'd get it. but with enough work, and lots of enthusiasm, I finally made it. I love being a Newsletter Writer. It means I can finally give back to the community for being so welcome and helpful towards me :)

If you were to ask someone else a newsletter question...what would it be? And what would be your answer to that same question? (Silver Emerald)

Well that's a toughie x) I don't know to be honest, but I'll try and think of one eventually :)

So, when Discord Chat started, it was new and sparkly, but I honestly didn't think it would last as long as it has. Why do you think it has lasted this long? And what do you like about it? (dawn to dusk)

It lasted as long as it did because we now have fun karaoke nights on the weekend! Yay! I like it because it gives people the ability to trust others, and make these random strangers not so random, and I think it's just an amazing app to use. It makes communication so much easier instead of having to go back and forth in PMs. ^^

What is your favourite kind of happiness, and what kind best represents you? (CleanOnion)

My favourite kind of happiness is the kind that brings you all the joy, the kind that makes you feel as if you could explode. It's the most amazing feeling you can possibly get. Like when you complete a test with 100%, or getting something you absolutely love. It just makes me so happy :P

<3 (CleanOnion)
<3

If you could marry anyone from the EtG community, who would it be? Why? (Arum)

I.. well, I don't know. But if I could, I'd probably choose Sub or iancu. Sub, like, gets me. We know each other so well, and he understands me as if we were brother and sister. Iancu and I have been friends for a long time, and I've grown a sort of liking to him :P Shout out to Submachine and iancu, I know you're reading this eventually~ ♥

You get one day of heaven, what does it involve? All limits are removed (financial, realistic, physical, etc)
(CleanOnion)

The EtG community and all it's glory, 'nuff said~

Make one change to the world, what is it? (anonymous)

Stop the haters, keep looking on the bright side :)

Deepest secret you're willing to reveal? (anonymous)

I don't have any, i'm actually a very open person, there's no secrets with me :P

Scariest thing you've ever done? (anonymous)

The scariest thing I've ever done is go zip lining. 45 feet off the ground, and I was terrified x~x but yeah x)

If you would be forced to choose between hugging someone or giving/eating cake, and you couldn't do the other one for the rest of your life, what would you choose? (iancudorinmarian)

I'd have to choose hugging. Who needs cake? Cake is just an alternative :P silly iancute~ <3

Who is the best cat within the community, and why is it MeowMeowCat? ;) (MeowMeowCat)

MeowMeow is second, sorry bro <3 I'd have to say kinkly is the best. WE NEED MORE WOMEN IN HERE KINKLY :P but yes. I love all cats, so you're all equal to me <3

What is the secret of your success? (Silver Emerald)

The secret? There is no secret~ But here: Stay confident, stay positive, always look at things in a good eye, Be enthusiastic, love your work. That's the secret to my success :)

What makes you so awesome? (Silver Emerald)

But I'm not awesome, i'm just Discord :P
However, I don't consider myself awesome. I just consider myself a person in the world trying to do some good ^^ If I were awesome, I'd be a bit more on the boastful side x)

If you had to go on a date with a male community member, then who would you pick? ;) (anonymous)

Oh x)
I'd probably choose Submachine, or iancu tbh. but that's it :P 'nuff said.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Please don't kill me, ian~

What are your future plans regarding this community, game and RL?

Community: I hope this stays up for as long as it possibly can. This is the only place I can consider a sanctuary from rl stresses like exams and other things.
Game: Here's hoping for an update. Maybe not soon, but shot out to zanz, You're awesome, I have faith in you, even if you are just afk for however long, we all have faith for this update :)
RL: I'm hoping to get a good education first, and maybe make my way into the work world. I plan on becoming a writer or maybe even a cook of some sort when I get out of school :)

Please, give us some final words in this interview.

Stay awesome everyone, and thank you all for these wonderful questions ^^

Thanks for answering!

And thank you for asking ^^

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:24:52 pm by Discord »
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1222445#msg1222445
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2016, 01:29:24 am »
Hello all faithful, occasional and new readers of Featured Community Member thread!

I would like to announce that our March interviewee is going to be

mathman101

and you have the only chance to ask him a question!
To do so you have Thanks for your contribution!

Please don't ask your questions here! Instead, send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE.
(We don't want to make questions public before official release).

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to sligthly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual contect), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for mathman").

EDIT: Please also specify if you want your name next to the question or you want to be anonymous (not recommended though, don't ask questions you can be ashamed of :P).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:23:34 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1225871#msg1225871
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2016, 11:38:04 am »
mathman101

Frog guy
Lovely TO
Toadally cool dude
Good friend

How did you find Elements the Game community?

I first found the game on a free daily flash games website (onemorelevel) sometime late 2010. I really liked the game but it disappeared after a few months. Searching for the flash game after it was removed, I came across the actual game's website and then a few months after that the forums late 2011.

What is your favorite branch/type of mathematics, and why? (Aves)

My favorite type would probably be geometry and then algebra after that. I am currently studying civil engineering, so I have to deal with different shapes of structures for construction all the time. Enjoying geometry really helps with the want to deal with the different and odd shapes, and solving them to fit into a building properly.

12? (Timdood)

Days of Christmas.
Eggs in a Dozen.
Months in a Year.
Elements in this Game.

Have you ever betrayed anyone? If yes, who and why? (Anonymous)

Betraying someone would imply that I have intentionally harmed or hurt someone on purpose. I do not believe that I have intentionally harmed anyone, but I would not say that I haven't hurt others unintentionally. I am only human, and am sure I have made mistakes and accidentally harmed others but it was never done intentionally. Whether it be online here or with my RL buddies and schoolmates, usually if I find out I have harmed someone I try to apologize or make things right if possible.

Why do you math so much, man? (RootRanger)

Haha, I don't know it kinda comes with the name. :P Actually I don't do all that much math other than what is needed for assignments in my college classes, which is mostly simple geometry, algebra, and the odd bit of calculus.

Who is your favorite master of :life? (Aves)

Looking back through the masters, I only ever got to know willng3, dawn to dusk, killsdazombies, and Marsu so I am slightly biased on my favorite being one of these instead of one of those previous to these. Marsu and kdz both seemed to be great masters and they both did well leading their teams in war, but niether of them are my favorite. Will has done many great things for this element, and is one of those amazing older veteran members who has always been around. Dawn has taught me many things about playing to life's strengths both as teammates in war, and as enemies in trials. Between both will and dawn I would have to say they are tied for my favorite master of :life.

If a toad, a frog, and a newt engaged in a free for all brawl, who would win? (Aves)

Wow, that is a hard one to pick. I would like to think it is the toad who would win, but I am not actually sure.

Do you rage sometimes? You seem to be a very calm person. (Anonymous)

Very rarely do I rage or lose my temper or cool. My school buddies always give me a hard time for being so passive and so easy going. Not too much really bothers me as I am usually pretty flexible in wanting to accept and understand other people's opinions. But unfortunately when I do rage it is like a storm blowing through as my rage will blow through the roof and more, luckily those times are few and far between.

If you had to choose 2 female community members, who would be your wife and who would be your lover? (Submachine)

Oh, a spicy question lets hope I can answer this well for you. If I had myself both a wife and a lover, I would probably be wanting to keep my lover a secret from my wife so she would not find out. For a potential wife out of the female members here, I would want someone that I have chatted with before and gotten to know a bit in chat. Naesala would be a great wife for me, she is reliable and a great staffer and I have gotten to know her better from chatting with her more over the last few weeks regarding brawl stuff. Just so my wife doesn't find out (or make some gentle stabbings in my sides) I will be keeping my lover a secret. ;)

If you had the power to change one thing in the game, what would you change and why? (Arc)

One thing I would love to see changed is the consistency of the servers. As much as I would love to see new cards or even minor balancing touch-ups on some of the current cards, I think the best or most productive thing would be better servers for PvP. New cards or balancing touch-ups would be great and could help change the current meta, but I feel that could not help if the servers are as inconsistent as they currently are in some games. If the servers were beefed up to the point of minimizing the amount of disconnects and desynchronization errors, then there would be much less worry regarding disconnection rules in PvP events/tournaments/War etc.

Why, out of all the guilds, did you choose AbomiNation? (KinkyKitten624)

When I looked through the guilds and at the different members in each guild I wanted to choose one that had members or Leaders that I associated with regularly or knew well. It looked through and narrowed it down to a few choices. iancudorinmarian was one of the leaders at the time that I was chatting with regularly, and knew fairly well from working with as a fellow TO.

What was your most embarrassing moment in school? (Trippy Jay)

Hmmm, embarrassing moments from my life are few and far between. I don't get embarrassed too easily, but a recent one I can think of from my first year in college was in regards to a calculus class and a poor mark I had. I came out of high school with +90% marks in most of my maths and sciences classes, but entering college was a huge step and I failed my calculus class miserably (~30%). I felt so embarrassed and my buddies all gave me a super hard time about it, but it died down eventually over time. Now I use it as a reminder that no matter how good I think I am at something I still have to work hard and try my best to succeed at the task.

So what are your secrets of immortality? (Silver Emerald)

A long and happy Life! No one will live forever but if you are able to stay healthy, positive, and happy you live a long time and have no regrets when death comes to meet you.

Why life? (Arum)

My love for the Life element actually is hugely in thanks to willng3. For my very first war (War 6) Will was the general to bid on me, and he taught me a large amount about :life during that war. I was a nobody at the time starting out on these forums with just a few odd posts here and there, but Will believed in me enough to bid on me and take me under his wing during that war. Since then I have thoroughly enjoyed what I have learnt about :life and have continued to learn to more and better my strategies with :life teaching others as I go along.

Do you have any particular fondness to frogs that you like to ribbit when you enter the Blab? *asks someone who likes to ribbit on math himself :p* (Basman-1453)

No not really, it is more just as a way as a greeting for when I enter the chat. I adapted the style based off of an older member n00b who would also "rawr" when he entered chat. I liked that he had his own unique way of entering chat other than just a hi or hello. I tried a few different ways of entering chat, but with my love for :life and the consistent frog profile pic I have joining with a "ribbit" seemed most consistent for myself.

What is your favorite part about being a TO? (kinkykitten624)

I love the opportunity to be able to give back to the community. Before becoming TO I had always hoped to apply for any position that I could fulfill to find some way to give back to this great community for all that it had done and given me. Tournaments were something I really enjoyed participating in, so I figured this would be a great thing I could use my creativity for. Also working alongside Ginyu and MeowMeowCat has some great moments, we sometimes have some fun ideas and laughs about potential future ideas.

Since this will go out in March...how do you feel about Brawl so far? (Silver Emerald)

So far, it has been great. I really enjoyed the bidding process and think I got myself a great team, even if it was not my original dream team of players I look forward to getting to know them as teammates and think they will do amazing things. Round 1 is currently going ok as well even though it is a bit of a slow start as we all figure out who is doing what and where each of our strengths lie, but we are coming together as a team and will make some toadally awesome stuff for our submissions.

My one and only question for the one, the only, mathman:
Seeing as how you have "math" in your name, a calculus problem just for you! (ProBacon)

Spoiler for Question:

How is this for an solution answer.
Spoiler for Solution:

If you could not be on Team Life for War 10, which Element would you like to be on, and additionally, who would you want to be the General? (MeowMeowCat)

I've thought about this a few times, as I always wonder if my previous war experiences  needed by most generals will outweigh the love of :life that the life general would want from me. If you look at any of my previous war applications, usually I have :death and :water as my 2nd and 3rd favorites. If I am not on life being on one of these teams would be my next preference. For a General of the team preference, I would love the opportunity to work with both of the current masters  for both of those elements (rob77dp and ddevans96), as both seem like great guys who I could learn lots about the specifics behind their elements.

How many digits of pi have you memorized? (Arum)

I think it is roughly the first 50 digits of pi. There is a song I found when I was in high school that sung the digits of pi by the group Hard 'n Phirm (youtube link). I really enjoyed the tune of the song and I found that the rhythm helped greatly when trying to memorize the digits, but I always get stuck on that 37510.

If you were asking the questions, what question would you ask yourself and what would your answer be? (Silver Emerald)

Hmmm, that is a tricky one. I've thought long and hard about the potential questions I could ask myself but it would most likely be one of the classics like; "How did you choose your username?",or "What do you like to do outside of the forums?". My username came from a joke me and a few friends made back before I was in high school. I was one of the few kids who enjoyed math class so  they would call me math-king, or the math-guy, or math-man. When I started playing flash games that required usernames I would enter mathman as a common name. Once when the name was already taken, I took one of the alternate suggestions it gave me for a name (the addition of 101). The name stuck and I use it as my main gaming name now.

What question would you like to be asked, and what is the answer to that question? (Arum)

This question sounds very similar to the last one I just answered.  :P I'll answer the other classic question I posted there, "What do you like to do outside of the forums?". I am currently a college student studying civil engineering so most of my time is spent heavily on classes and my many assignments and lab reports. But when I do get free time I enjoy spending it with my family and friends, playing board games or card games, going out to movies or playing billiards at the local pool hall. Also just hanging out at home with a few snack, watching movies, or playing flash games online can be a great way to relax from all the hustle and bustle of college life.

If you were to put any card idea from the forums into the game, which would it be and why? (Hyroen)

I may be slightly biased in my thinking, but I would love to see :life gain a creature with some soft CC like freeze, antimatter or guard. I say creature instead of just a spell because life is about the creatures and the healing ability's it has, and another creature would add to the potential synergy with mitosis, adrenaline, and Empathic Bonds. When looking through the list of potential cards, one stood out to almost exactly what I was thinking about: Forest Guardian by Treldon, a life creature with guard for some soft CC.

Would you say to future Mafia hosts that you should have listened to me when you rejected my suggestions? Also, after hosting Mafia 56, what other suggestion do you have to future hosts about creating the rules? (Submachine)
(Optional)

I am not sure on that, yes I think there are some things maybe I could have taken from your suggestions, but at the same time several things I kept because I felt they were as my ideas. After seeing the reactions most people gave regarding how the mafia game went, it seems most people enjoyed it overall. It may have needed some tweaks here and there, but it was not a complete disaster or fail. For future mafia hosts I would say to plan well ahead of time so that you can triple and quadruple check your balancing, as well as to keep your ideas your own. There is nothing wrong with taking suggestions from others, but if you adjust everything you made, it no longer remains as your own.

Please give us some words to finish up this interview!

Enjoy Life (not the element) whether it be in reality on on the internet. As long as you are doing something you enjoy and are happy, you have the potential to go far and do many great things.

Thanks for answering!

Thank you everybody for all the great questions!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:15:22 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1226156#msg1226156
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2016, 09:35:29 pm »
Hello all faithful, occasional and new readers of Featured Community Member thread!

I would like to announce that our April interviewee is going to be

ji412jo

To do so you have Thank you for your contribution

Please don't ask your questions here! Instead, send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for jijo").

EDIT: Please also specify if you want your name next to the question or you want to be anonymous (not recommended though, don't ask questions you can be ashamed of :P).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:46:13 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1229471#msg1229471
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2016, 08:36:12 pm »
ji412jo

:darkness fan
Death ane Dawkness trialist
The creepy guy
The french man

that was a while ago. I played elements through kongregate and heard about tournaments, that's when I joined forums. I was very active and got bored of only two tournaments per week so not long after I created SHUT, which lasted for quite a while actually.

What are your ethnicity and natural eye pigmentation? (dracomageat)
#pictures
I'm canadian, but I do not know my ancestors, like in my case it is pretty much impossible to find. I've got blue eyes.

Who is your favorite Master of Darkness? (Anonymous)
Now this is a difficult question. I would probably have to tie it between TheOnlyRealBeef and OdiiOdsen, because I feel they are the ones that brought the most to the element. Whether it be showing true mastery of the element or bringing new, unexpected decks or just representing the darkness element in a way other masters haven't.

The word on the street is that you don't have Sweg. Now I don't think these claims are true, so I want to come straight to the source. Now my only question is...
Do you have Sweg? If you thing you do have Sweg, then why do you think that I have Sweg? (ProBacon)

wtf is this question.

What music do you like to listen to? (randomperson123)
I listen to a lot of different styles, so much that it is impossible for me to name one. I suggest you get on chat to see my song of the day for a more precise answer, I guess.

You claim to be a true elemental of :darkness. Why did you join :death trials? (Anonymous)
I joined death trials because I had been kicked out of darkness trials. Long story short, trials was to start after brawl, I did not think it would start during the last week of voting, I took a break from forums for a well deserved break after brawl and came back to phase 1 being already over.

What's your favorite food? (Kinkykitten624)
Lol. I really like eating bread , cheese, fish. If I'm alone I'll have to say hamburgers, because i'm not that much a cook but i do mean burgers :D

What is your favorite moment in the community (PvP or otherwise)? (UTAlan)
That is a tough question. I'd have to go with my win over ThatNewGuy in the Underworld tournament in war 2. I was extremely hyped about making it to war, and this was a counter, a matchup I should have lost. Sometimes, i still feel bad for TNG.

What led you to your love for the Dark Side of the Elements (read: Darkness :p)? (Basman-1453)
I did what most noobs do. I erased my account many, many, many times. I tried every element. Until I tried darkness that is. When I first tried darkness, I and so much fun with it. And I started grinding, and I kept on going, and never got bored with it. Darkness brings a feeling of fulfillment to me that other elements don't.

Out of everyone on the forums, who would you most want to meet IRL?  (Anonymous)
If we have to say currently on forums, I'd go with mathman. If we say who has been on forum, I'd have to pick MrBlonde.

What advice do you have for others who have failed at trials and wish to try again? (mathman101)
Give up. Abandon. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean to abandon trials, I mean to give up on the way you are going about them. If you failed, you did something wrong. Time to see what you did wrong, to recognize your mistakes and to fix them. Sadly, I need to make the same mistakes a lot of times before learning ;)

If you could pick any staff position to have, which would you pick and why?  (Anonymous)
well, i've been a PvP event organizer and liked the job so I'd go back towards that.

What's your :darkness est secret (CrockettRocket)
My biggest secret is something I'm not telling you. It's a secret for a reason.

Well, all this is fun. Considering I am a pretty open person, i did not know what kind of questions were going to be asked.

Thanks for answering!
No, thank you for asking! :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:59:17 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

Offline ProBacon

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ProBacon is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Best Bacon
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1229696#msg1229696
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2016, 02:34:04 am »
The word on the street is that you don't have Sweg. Now I don't think these claims are true, so I want to come straight to the source. Now my only question is...
Do you have Sweg? If you thing you do have Sweg, then why do you think that I have Sweg? (ProBacon)

wtf is this question.

Awww, I'm sad you didn't answer this. I was trying to give you a complement by saying you had Sweg. You make me sad Joey. :/
:air War 11 - Team Air :air
:darkness War 13 - Team Darkness :darkness
:life War 14 - Team Life :life
The mind is your only true companion

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1229743#msg1229743
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2016, 06:45:05 pm »

I would like to announce that our May interviewee is going to be

kinkykitten624

and you have the only chance to ask her a question!

To do so you have . Thanks for your contribution!

Please don't ask your questions here! Instead, send me PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for kinkykitten").

EDIT: Please also specify if you want your name next to the question or you want to be anonymous (not recommended though, don't ask questions you can be ashamed of :P)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:51:32 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1232067#msg1232067
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2016, 05:29:04 pm »
May 2016
kinkykitten624

:entropy fan
Mentor Manager
Cat~
Good friend

Oddly enough, I found the community after realizing that I couldn't download Hearthstone on my school computer :P However, I've very glad that I did and absolutely love the time I've spent here and the time that I continue to spend. You guys have become like a family to me, and I can never thank you guys enough for making me feel welcome and loved~

If you could have any staff position, what would it be? (Anonymous)
I've always pictured myself as a Newsletter Writer, honestly. Though now that I've spent more time on the forums and have gotten to know things better, I think I'd enjoy being a Forums Game Organizer, or maybe, yah know, since trials are coming up, Master of Entropy. Watch your back, iancu! <3 But in all seriousness, I think I would enjoy being a Newsletter Writer, a Forums Game Organizer, or maybe even a Competition Organizer. Those seem to be the most appealing in my eyes.

What's your kinkiest kink? (CleanOnion)
The one in my garden hose :P

If you could date anyone on the forums, who would it be? (Anonymous)
In all honesty, me and dawn to dusk seem to have some chemistry, lol. I would have to say that it would be either dawn or Discord just because I get along with the two of them so well and I feel that we could form a good relationship. I am, however, actually dating Smokey1110 though (interesting fact about me :P)

What is your favorite Element and why do you love it? (Basman-1453)
Entropy! I love how random everything about it is, and the irritating chance that things won't work out in your favor makes the game more exciting! Other than entropy, though, I really aether, especially for arena decks. Almost a guarantee that you'll get a decent rank unless you build it wrong xD

How did you get your name? (chrispybacon84)
Its an inside joke between me and some friends that I'm not going to get into. Forums have to be PG-13, ya know :P

What is kinky about a kitten and why that for your user name? (Anonymous)
Well I mean, my cat has a kink in her tail, so she's pretty kinky. (Get it? Eh?) Back to the actual question though, its an inside joke that I enjoy seeing people's reaction to lol.

Were you to be a baked desert of the strictly cake variety, which particular sort would you be and why would that be? (dracomageat)
Wow this question is actually kind of difficult to answer. I love red velvet cake, but I don't think I'd want to be one.. I really like German chocolate cake, but I think, above all, I would like to be a chocolate ice cream cake. Cold and sweet is the perfect combination cx

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? (chrispybacon84)
My vision of where I'll be in five years has actually changed a lot recently. For a while I've been thinking that I'd be in college studying to become a teacher, but now I've been considering going into the US Air Force. So, in other words, I'm not entirely sure what my life will look like in five years.

(づ◔ω◔)づ   <3 (ProBacon)
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧   <3

If you could be reincarnated as any animal, what would the animal be? (Anonymous)
Well, I love cats, but I would love to be a fox. They are beautiful animals, and one of my favorites. Being some sort of bird would be pretty cool too, since you'd be able to fly and everything. I really don't know though, is it possible for me to get the chance to be every kind of animal at some point? xD

Thanks everyone for the questions, I love you all! Sorry that all the ones about my name and such are really vague, I was trying to keep it appropriate. I was expecting these kinds of questions though :P

Thanks for answering!
And thank you for asking!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:55:07 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1232168#msg1232168
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2016, 10:04:22 pm »

I would like to announce that our June interviewee is going to be

iancudorinmarian

To do so you have Thanks for your contribution!

Please don't ask your questions here! Instead, send me a Private message!

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for iancu").

Current profile picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1234559#msg1234559
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2016, 12:00:01 pm »
June 2016

iancudorinmarian

:entropy master
Great guy, really cool
Kakashi fan!
One of the most amazing guys you could meet

Best community ever.

Wtf is your username and how do I pronounce it? (CleanOnion)
My username is my RL names combined. Iancu Dorin Marian. It's a bit hard to tell you hot to pronounce it, but your best bet is asking those who have actually heard me pronounce it in discochat.

Why Entropy? Why not any other element? (ProBacon)
I like randomness and my luck is mostly above average.

Is your name Ian? (ProBacon)
Nope, it's Iancu Dorin Marian. "Ian" is just the laziness of people in action.

Do you like me? (ProBacon)
No.

I know you will probably get a lot of questions about Trials/War, so I'll opt for something different. What do you like to do off of Elements, aside from Hearthstone? Do you attend any clubs/do anything extracurricular? (Solaris)
Not really, I spend most of my time at the computer. And I also play fifa on my ps3, but that's about it. I am very lazy. I am also the designated driver for my family most of the time, since my father likes to drink and I don't drink (not due to religious reasons or anything like that, I simply don't) anyway. Plus, I really like driving, so it's a win-win situation.

How does it feel to have Discord as a minion? :silly: (Aves)
Well...I wouldn't really consider Discord a minion, she's rather my virtual girlfriend :D

What motivated you to form AbomiNation? (kinkykitten624)
Me and some other people were joking in chat and then someone came up with AbomiNation. I then started roleplaying as a dictator and stuff. Then I thought about forming an alliance, in humour section. I ended up creating the guild idea we have now :)

If you had to choose only ONE current forumer you could met IRL, who would it be and why? (kinkykitten624)
Only one is really really difficult. I really really can't choose. I'd have to choose between Afdarenty, Discord, CCCombobreaker and mathman101. They are all really cool people and really good friends of mine. If I would really have to choose, I think I'd choose CCC, since I don't get to talk to him too often.

What would your gangster name be?  8) (CrockettRocket)
iancute :sillyspin:

What does Entropy mean for your life? :p (Basman1453)
I don't really have an answer. Aside from what I've answered in the previous question about entropy, I can't really say much.

Iancu, you were previously a TO, and chat mod at one point. Are there any other Staff positions you have really wanted? Do you think you will apply again for another staff position in the future? (mathman101)
I might apply again for TO at some point, but that's not really certain. Other than that, not really much I'm interested in.

Iancu, you went from being relatively unknown and drafted in the final round in War 8 to being a Master and General yourself. What would you say to other "new" players to encourage them to attempt similar leaps? (CCCombobreaker)
The only thing they have to do is believe in themselves and never give up.

Thanks for this interview. Better late than never!

Thanks for answering!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:36:37 pm by Discord »
Current profile picture

Offline ProBacon

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ProBacon is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Best Bacon
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1234644#msg1234644
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2016, 04:27:45 am »
:air War 11 - Team Air :air
:darkness War 13 - Team Darkness :darkness
:life War 14 - Team Life :life
The mind is your only true companion

blarg: Discord,agdhar,mathman101,willng3,dawn to dusk,killsdazombies,Marsu,Naesala,iancudorinmarian,n00b,Ginyu,MeowMeowCat,rob77dp,ddevans96,Treldon,ji412jo,kinkykitten624,Smokey1110