*Author

Offline Shrink

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1124340#msg1124340
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2014, 06:55:37 pm »

ddevans96
Tournament Organizer
War General
Water Aficionado

1) I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that your forum name is somehow connected to your actual name and birth year. If not, what's goin' on with that thing?
Yep. My first initial is D, middle initial is also D, last name is Evans, and birth year is 1996. I wanted a simple name for my second email and this is what I came up with. I’ve used it with very little variation since.

2) When did you discover Elements the Game? And in turn, when did you find the forum? What do each of these discoveries mean to you?
I found Elements when it was posted (illegally, I later confirmed) on the gaming site MoFunZone, in May 2009. I stopped playing it shortly after, returned the next February, and began lurking forums in April. The forum discovery is very significant, because this community has wound up becoming a huge part of my life, assisting in my recovery from depression - which is still present, just never in the form it was four years ago.

3) What has been your favorite moment been in-game and or on the forum?
So many great memories. I think the one that stands out to me the most is winnng my first ever War match, against nelde59 of Team Light in War 6. I joined this forum to compete in War, because it was so interesting to me, but I wound up getting involved in a much different way - through event management. When I finally had a chance to compete in War, it was a huge moment for me.

4) In your opinion, where do you think the forum/game is headed? Not to say those words are interchangeable, but they're linked.
At this time, the lack of updates in Elements has stagnated the game, causing people to get bored more easily. This means the community is on a slight decline, in my opinion, and has been for some time now. It's not a crippling decline, nor an irreversible one, but it is something we need to be aware of.

5) Enough Elements for now, let's mix it up a bit. The holiday season is among us; are you fan? What is your favorite holiday and why?
I love holidays, for a variety of reasons. My favorite is probably Christmas, because it seems to make most people happier and friendlier. Also, I get cool stuff and/or money, which are both nice.

6) Regardless of your answer to previous question, do you have any games/toys/movies/etc on a wish list of some sort?
LoZ: Skyward Sword and Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii), along with Portal 2 and FATE IV (PC), are the four games I'd be most pleased with. There's also a chance I might get a 3DS, in which case Pokemon X or Y is on that list as well. (EDIT: Since initially writing this, I did indeed get a 3DS from my parents, and Pokemon X and Y are both in the mail, thanks to a very generous and beautiful female.)

7) If you could be any super hero, other than Turbo-Man, who would you be? And if you could pick anyone to be your sidekick, who would that be and why?
Either Iceman or Frozone, for reasons that should be obvious, with either the Hulk or the Thing as a sidekick, because that kind of strength would keep my argumentative personality in check. Also, ice and brute strength pair well together.

8) What kind of music do you listen to? Would you ever want to take part in a band of sorts if you don't already?
I listen to many different things to some degree, but I've primarily listened to electronic music for the past year. Myself, a niece, and a couple friends attempted to start a band in middle school, but it fell through. I've also considered taking up electronic production, but I'm more focused on improving my percussion talent at this time.

9) Other than EtG, what games tickle your fancy? Will you be going after the PS4 or Xbone?
I enjoy a large variety of games. My two favorite single player games are Mobile Weapon (Flash) and Mother 3 (GBA), but I could name so many more. My favorite multiplayer games, apart from Elements, are Minecraft (PC) and SSB: Brawl (Wii). I probably won’t get any current generation console for quite some time.

10) What TV shows have you been catching up with and or what was the last movie you saw? What did you think?
I don't watch many shows or movies, but the last movie I saw was Free Birds. Fairly typical animated kids movie loaded with jokes meant for older people, but it was insanely hysterical. (EDIT: Since initially writing this, I have also seen Catching Fire - great movie, as expected.)

11) What do you consider your best quality that most others seem to lack?
My only quality that I actually pride myself on is intelligence, but most people have that, regardless of how much they choose to use it. There's not many legitimately unintelligent people in my experience.

12) It's easy to be whoever you want to be online. Would you say that your real world traits carry over your exchanges over the Internet?
For the most part. The internet is great, in that it allows you time between responses, so you can formulate something more mature and collected. The internet has done wonders for my maturity, in my opinion. But my personality doesn't really change over a screen as opposed to in real life.

13) If you had to get a tattoo, what would it be and where would you get it? Why that?
It'd be something combining the things I most deeply care for in life, on my upper arm. My idea for this changes often, so I probably won't get it until I'm out of college and settled into a more stable life.

14) If you had to pick only one book to read for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Why?
This is a very difficult question, and I’ve thought about it for quite some time, but I don’t really have an answer. One of the books I considered is a excellent collection of short stories, poems, and other material known as Tapestry – but I’ve read through it so many times that it’s lost much of its value.

15) Lastly, do you have anything else to say to the community?
If this community is to survive in our current situation, with updates coming as rarely as they are, everyone needs to stay strong together. It’s cliché, but united we stand, divided we fall. There’s no logical reason for some of the things that have happened recently, even some of which I am heavily responsible for. We need to maintain the bonds we have formed with each other and keep this place alive.

Below are questions asked by players in the community:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Q: Did your Warmaster experiences come to good use when you led your team this War?
-PlayerOa
Honestly, they would have, but this entire war was a trainwreck, both in the general organization and in my personal life. Needless to say, I'll never again be generalling, or something as important, unless my life is in order - but that likely won't take long, so expect to see me put forth a better effort as soon as possible.

Q: Favorite pokemon and why? :)
-Rutarete
I never have been able to just pick one favorite, but ome I've grown very attached to lately is Aurorus, which I can definitely say is my favorite Pokemon picked in Generation 6. It just pulls off powerful and adorable at the same time, and I love it.

Q: Kind of an obvious one: Tell the story of your favorite dramatic/awesome moment from Trials and/or War.
-Essence
My match with Raving, in the Water Finals of Trials 7, was my favorite moment throughout Trials or War. It was a really close match, and it came right down to the wire, just as Water deserves. From that match, I couldn't pick a specific moment, but it would definitely be from there.

Q: Over the years this forum (and its precursors) have been around, numerous members have left or disappeared. Which one would you most want to bring back?
-eaglgenes101
There are so many names that I really miss, but if I had to pick only one, it would actually be our former admin, ScaredGirl. She was sort of a mentor to me during my time as Warmaster, and I honestly enjoyed talking to her outside of that as well.

Q: How do you feel about the community right now?
-Dm1321
This has been covered in previous answers, but I'll reiterate that I feel the community is in decline, and we need to stay aware of our condition and not let the community go down in flames.

Q: What would be your dream council if you could bring back retired members to actively participate with you? Any particular reasons for choosing each member?
-TribalTrouble
There are too many to name, honestly. I could list a good fifty members, at least, that could help form an effective council at any decent activity, due their leadership skills, experience, and/or intelligence.

Q: What other CCGs, if any, do you enjoy playing, and why?  (if no others, why that, as well)
-dragonsdemesne
Elements is the only CCG I actively play, simply because even though it has it's flaws, it's a very intriguing game with tons of potential, and I don't leave myself much time for gaming, so it's casual nature is appealing to me. Occasionally I'll play Kongai or Spectromancer as well. One CCG I really miss playing, actually, is Aetheron - I've been thinking about it for the past six months or so and I've just never gotten around to playing it again.

Q:What keeps your interest at ETG forums these days?
-Anonymous
I'm 90% sure I know who sent this to me, but that's beside the point. My interest is held in the people here, as there are countless members I enjoy talking to for a variety of reasons. The game itself has often taken a backseat - recently I've rejoined leagues, and I'll be doing large amounts of grinding for upgrades between Championship League and Trials, so those will tie into my forum activity as well.
Doctor Death

Offline Shrink

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1128392#msg1128392
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2014, 09:47:25 pm »

justaburd
League Organizer
War General
Total Bird

Q: So, can you give us a little background on your name and that very cool avatar?
When I was deciding on a name, I figured I wanted it to do with birds, but I decided to go with burd just because. As you well know, I'm only 1 burd, so justaburd seemed to fit. The avatar was made by vrt. Thanks again!

Q: What importance did birds have previous to your joining the forum?
I love em. Chirp <3

Q: Do you have a favourite? And do you own one/more?
Not in particular, no. I guess for me it's more about the idea of flying where you want.

Q: And if you could fly anywhere right now, where would that be?
Probably some active volcano somewhere.

Q: Do you think your interest in flight has inspired you in any way that relfects your time on the forum?
It influenced my decision to try for Trials, yeah.

Q: How has your time after trials been as Master of Air?
I feel like I didn't do much. I wanted to War but my laptop problem kind of stopped that. But I'm glad that I got Jenk to lead. He's done great.

Q: Do you plan to later defend your title?
I don't know. I want to, but if work gets in the way, that comes first.

Q: Has there been a moment on the forum, other than trials, that defined your reason for having stayed for so long?
Community. I think most people agree with me on that. Not really a moment, but...

I think we all understand you with that one. But let's move on to less Elements-related business.
Chirp.

Q: What is your favorite movie?
How to train your dragon. A movie doesn't have to have explosions to be great. Of course, that's followed by Avatar cause sometimes explosions and graphics are awesome too >

Q: What character from what book or movie or television show have you found yourself able to relate to the most?
The bird that noone pays attention to til it steals your pie.

Q: If you had to pick one president of the United States' first ladies, to live on an island with for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Um... chirp?

Q: Here's an easier one. Do you like ice cream? If so, what is your favourite flavour?
Of course! Cookies and cream is awesome.

Q: You know what's up. What is your "dream job?"
I want to be one of those people in Leverage. Wouldn't that be kind of cool?

Q: Is there a specific skill of a character that you would like to have if you were one of them?
I have to admit the grifting is kind of interesting to watch. not that i'd be a con person.

Q: What is your biggest fear?
Many things. Many, many things.

Q: Namely?
Unspeakable things that may try to hunt burds.

Q: Is there anything else you'd like to share with the community?
We want YOU for Leagues 1/2014!
Doctor Death

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1134697#msg1134697
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2014, 12:50:02 am »
Blacksmith
Card Curator
Master of Earth
Some other stuff

Q: You are master of Earth, though on your profile you mention fire as you fav element..any reason for that? You recently made it to staff member, how do you think this will affect your activity on the forum and what more could you do to help other members? Perhaps another staff position? (by dark ripper)
A: Hm that is actually 3 questions. Yup mono  :fire was my first competitive deck and it has been 1 of my favorite elements for a very long time. Atm my favorite element is both :earth and  :fire, the reason it only says fire on my profile is because I haven't changed it yet.
I don't think another staff position will affect my activity, simply cause I already am quite active.
And I always liked to help other members, I helped people in kong chat for years and the section I posted the most in is still the deck help section.  These days I more rarely help people but when I do it I'm much more ambitious. O and feel free/forced to ask me for help at any time  ;)
And the only staff position I could think of joining right now would be council member.

Q: Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo? (by Rutarete)
A: Ruta, you so evil  :-\  making me choose between them.
Spoiler for answer:
Nintendo

Q: If you could ignore how ineffective they would be, what would be your:
AI3 grinder
HB grinder
FG grinder
Bronze/Silver grinder
Gold/Plat grinder
PvP deck
?
(As in, what cards and cards combos do you like just because?)
by: eaglgenes101

A: Hm to be honest I stopped playing this game a year ago, I'm only here for forums. But I still got a few decks in my deck manager (330 to be exact and then I've tried to remove some) so here are the decks in order

Spoiler for Hidden:

Ai3: Well I don't really have one, so long time ago I played ai3.

HB: I made a few otks back in the day and this was the one I liked the most. It's actually quite good and the 100 damage version won me many games in cl.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74a 7dr 7dr 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7jo 7jo 7jq 7n9 80b 80b 8po
FG: Must be my singu otk. It has like 25% win rate and it's very very hard to play but since it's so fun it evens out.
Spoiler for Hidden:
6ts 6ts 6ts 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u7 6u9 75c 77l 7do 7do 7ee 7k6 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 80h 8pj
Bronze/Silver: I don't really have one but since you asked I must pick something so why not a 41 card rush. It's actually more stable than you think.
Spoiler for Hidden:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6u1 6u1 713 752 77g 7ae 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7n6 7qb 7qb 7qb 80k 80k 8po
Gold/plat: For a while it was this:
Spoiler for Hidden:
5lg 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6s2 6s2 71a 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7ds 7ds 7ds 8po
until it got old but now it's this:
Spoiler for Hidden:
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6tt 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u9 71b 71b 74b 77f 7dq 7dq 7gv 7k6 7k6 7n1 7n3 7n3 7q5 7q5 7t9 80i 8pj
Pvp: These 4 is both good and fun to play I think: Death tears, raged focus, blue dials and stall-breaker( don't have a better name for it yet).
Spoiler for Hidden:
71b 71b 71b 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gq 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h3 7h3 7h3 7h3 8pp
5fk 5fk 5fk 74d 74d 74d 752 752 752 752 752 752 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 7dh 7dh 7dh 7dh 7dh 7dh 8po
5p0 5p0 5p0 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n8 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq
5fk 5fk 5fk 77l 77l 77l 77l 77m 77m 77m 77m 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dm 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 8pm
Other: Hm I want to pick something tasty for you.
Spoiler for Hidden:
5f2 5f2 5ur 5ur 6s2 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dm 7do 7do 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 7f2 8pm
This was my first real deck. I used it to grind gold both before and after the shards.(excluding the sofo then)

Q: Why hello one of my favorite community members, what is your ultimate goal in life? (by CrockettRocket)
A: Ultimate goal, hm I actually got four of them by now. Here is 1 of them: Win olympic gold medal in orientation.  I've only done orientation like twice but it was fun so why not...

Q: Dear Blacksmith, how are you going to improve CI&A (and also this game, our world and universe  ;D)? (by Krzysiekxd)
A: Sorry Kryz I can't answer questions regarding Cia without talking to my other curators, it could turn out very badly. He regarding improving our universe it's something we all do every day just by being here ( even you Haink you noob ). My main goal is to attract more people to this game and in that way making it survive. But I can admit that I have some ideas that could be useful but you will just have to wait and see, or nag repeatedly.

Q: Which female community member do you feel the closest to you? Or which female community member do you like the most? (by Submachine)
A: He there aren't that many to choose from are it? Well right now I have a hard time picturing this forum without our fellow Higu. She is the one that has taken the responsibility for the council and has good ideas as well as making them come true.

Q: if you could have any 1 member come back, either here or kong, who would it be and why? (by Dawn to Dusk)
A: Ah a tricky question, so so hard. But I guess since I have to pick one it will have to be be Jmdt. He he was a ok deck builder and was an active member both here and on kong and more importantly one that I never got to know. But there are so many more that I'd liked to meet too, Willing, Tstar, Rastafla, Scaredgirl etc

Q: BL or CL and why? (by ARTHANASIOS)
A: Cl since there are less noobs which makes you able to come up with strange rules people which people agrees to and don't play like a wandering  antlion.

Q: Favorite community member and why. (by Dm1321)
A: Besides myself you mean....  :P   It's a shame to choose, you are even more evil than Ruta.
Spoiler for answer:
Makkuradaimyou
Could just as well been Afda, Vang or anyone but this dude has been with me from the beginning and has always been like a gnome rider to me, thank you for that.

Q: Why did you apply for Card Curator? What was your first rare weapon? Why are you sharing your acc with sinyor? Where have you met him? (by Odii Odsen)

A: Okay. Card curator since I like the section and since is has so much potential that was just thrown away. I also wanted to apply for some kind of staff position at the time.

Farenheit. Yeah I know it's a bad choice for a immo rush, dagger had been of much better use but I was nothing but a noob back then so please have mercy.

Well this story is rather long and complicated. I had an account--> I changed password--> one key in password was invalid-->it said wrong password every time-->I lost 17 nymphs and 140 uppeds with that account-->Sinyor was my friend-->Sinyor stopped playing-->I got 50% of his account--> a year later after to many emails Zanz fix password and now I have 2 accounts.

Q: Penguins or Ostriches?
I imagine Ostriches tasting better than penguins so I'll go with them.

Q: Every name has a story, what's yours?
I needed a name when I first entered forums. I looked at all the cards and couldn't find a name I liked. Suddenly the work blacksmith struck me and it fitted so well. Smiths work with  :fire ( which was my fav element at the time ) and I added black since it was my second upped deck. So simple someone who make decks with fire and darkness. Later on we can add earth since the smith has to forge with something.

Q: Do you plan on defending your title?
Most likely not, I'm a nomad and like to search for new areas in the elemental world. But it depends on who is entering trials and for what element.

Q: What's the one piece of advice you have for anyone who wishes to design cards?
Look at the game and think of a functions you think has been missed or that could be fun to play around with then make at least 1 card based around it.

Q: What's your most embarrassing PvP moment?
Either my first tourney win or my trials final. ..... Trials final thinking twice.

Q: Is there one major thing about yourself that the community doesn't know? What is it?
Some people know it but not all. Okay prepare to freak out.... I'm not black... I'm a soulless ginger with glasses.

Q: Can you reflect a little on your climb to a Mastership and Staff Position?
No idea what to say here.

Q: Can you recall one of your biggest fears when you first joined the forums?
I originally came from kong so when I first came to forums I wasn't' a plain noob and I think that helped a lot. The only thing I feared I think was that people would dislike me, luckily that didn't happen ;) ( what I know of )

Q: When you aren't on the forums, what are you doing?
Well besides going to school, eating, sleeping and working I don't do much. I sometimes I go skiing during winter time. O and the main reason for that is because I play guitar. When I first started this game it suited me really well since I was able to practice during my opponents turn in pvp and thats 1 of the main reason I'm still here, I'm able to play at the same time I do stuff.

Q: Your friends in real life, what three words would they use to describe you, and why?
Ha ha. Stupid, lazy and smart they might also add quiet at time, depends on who you ask. Well thats just who I am.

Q: Have you found a certain source of inspiration of some kind in the forum?
My focuses have changed throughout the years. At first my focus was deck helping section then my decks section and now the Cia section. It's hard to find interest in 1 area at the forum forever and thats why it's so very good this forum has a wide spectra.

Q: Reflect on a time when your real life commitments/activity and Elements the Game collided (for the good or bad).
I'm rarely without a computer for longer than a week and the only time this has became a problem was during deck building period in the trials final battle. That resulted in me playing some decks that I made less than 2 hours before game.

Q: Describe, in as much detail as possible, all of the changes you plan to make to the CI&A.
Sorry can't do. I can't describe things before talking to other curators since that would be giving false hopes or telling lies. Sorry

Q: How do you plan to remedy the divide between CI&A aficionados and those who never set foot in that section?
I think we will have to use the newsletter for that. Be active in introduce your self thread and include cia section in welcome pm when you sing up. We will also try to make the section easier to understand.

Q: Who on the forums has been your biggest inspiration?
I don't know. Inspiration has never been a problem for me when deck building.  What has driven me is to reach as high as possible so possibly willing or calin.

Q: Who outside of the forums has been your biggest inspiration?
Don't really know what you mean`

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Cause the chicken like strategy in any of it's form, it doesn't matter if it's in form of chess, mtg or something else. I even learnt the rules for pokemon and Yu gi oh.

Q: What's your favorite season a why?
Winter, it's not to warm for god sake.

Q: Any last words?
If you have any questions I'm here and see you around.

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1135096#msg1135096
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2014, 05:53:42 pm »
I modified your gold farmer. I was vsing a shard golem deck and the first golem appeared as a 15|21 with the active skill stone form and the passive devour. I traded the lightning storm out for parasite cause it seemed to  :air heavy. I fractaled the parasite that game and killed the golem, then just kept attacking him until death, drew a lava destroyer pretty soon and stopped drawing. :D My reasoning for changing a sn to a pillar is because the games are usually around 12-17 turns so a pillar will generate more, but didnt do all of them because burst quanta is always good. :P
4sa 4sa 4vd 5fa 5if 5lm 5lm 5oj 5un 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u9 71b 71b 74b 77f 7ai 7dq 7q5 7q5 7t9 80i 8pj

Maybe a purify or something instead of the 2nd queen. EM's are nice.

EDIT: I just won 3 special spins in a row.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:56:51 pm by CrockettRocket »
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1174351#msg1174351
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2015, 07:36:16 pm »
Odii Odsen
German
Awesome League Player
Master of Darkness
Already Qualified for World Championship
German

Q: Hello Odii! First of all, pardon me for a cliche question, but it is standard procedure. ;) I think the community might be interested of the origin of your name.
A: Hello Krzysie! "Odii" is Latin and means colloquially "hated" or "the hated". I picked that name for me when I was 14 or even younger. I liked the meaning and it sound good to me. Later I found out I wasn't the only "Odii" on this planet, so I added "Odsen" to my name. "Odsen" has no special meaning. I liked a rapper who was called "Kay Kaysen". Well, I just mixed up "Odii" with the ending "-sen". Odii Odsen was the result.

Q: You are the Master of Darkness for the second time. Owing to the fact that I am a Light loyalist and am thus on the opposite side, I am really interested in why Darkness is your favorite Element (or at least why you have chosen it for Trials). Do you like this element just because it is powerful in the game or are you also "dark" in RL? Do you like the theme itself?
A: When I started this game in August 2009 my first element was Darkness. I played for almost two years different types of Mono Darkness decks. I was farming electrum to upgrade all the Darkness cards I need. What I want to say is that my first steps in this game were with Darkness and it was really a nice time. Darkness is indeed powerful in the game, but I didn’t know that when I was starting this game. I picked that element because I like the theme and because it fits best to my personality. Darkness and I share many common characteristics. It is quiet and patient. I am a guy who actually never go to bed before 2 AM. I like the Darkness :D

Q: Speaking of your second Mastership, you are also participating in War as General for the second time. How did you like Trials #8 and now War #8, and how were they different from Trials #7 and War #7? Which did you find more interesting and difficult?
A: Trials #8 were fun but much easier than Trials #7. Actually I had just to win the final game against jijo. I knew I will face him in the final battle and I prepared my decks for his playstyle. Every War is hard for all 12 elements. But it’s harder for some elements like Life, Water, Gravity, Light and Darkness as you know. So I can’t really say which War was more difficult. Probably War #7 was harder, because I had no General experience and my team (including me ofc) wasn’t as much experienced as my current team is in War #8.

Q: War is almost over.  What do you think you could have done better in War #8?
A: Actually pretty much everything, initial Vault building, decisions that I have taken every round after. I was just satisfied with the Draft phase.

Q: You are a well-known Leagues veteran (just look at your impressive collection of League trophies). Are you going to participate in the current 1/2015 season? As of yet, I have not seen any matches for you.
A: In the last couple seasons I started my matches always pretty late. But this time I probably won’t join Leagues. I reached everything I wanted. It was a really fun time!

Q: You also participate in the PvP World Championship 2014 which is about to start. Are you excited about it? Do you have any special tactics how to become the PvP World Champion?
A: I am not excited about that event. I have no special tactics here. For some reason the WC event rules suit me pretty well. In my first WC event I reached the top 8 and lost against the winner, majofa. In the second WC I didn’t participate because I hadn’t much time. And for the coming WC I won’t have much time again because of exams. But this time I’ll try to catch the title.

Q: Do you plan to compete in Brawl as well as defend your title in Trials #9?
A: Sorry to say that but I won’t defend my title in Trials #9 and I won’t join Brawl. After War and WC I have to make a little break from elements.

Q: Do you have any New Year's resolutions regarding Elements the Game or in your RL (if it is ok to share this information with us)?
A: I never had and never will have any New Year’s resolutions. I just hope that everyone stays healthy.

Q: Is there anything you would like to wish the EtG community for the New Year?
A: I wish you guys that Zanz will come back and present you some new cards. A lot of new, helpful people and a fun time with all the competitions and PvP events.

Q: Thank you very much for the interview. Good luck with all of the EtG and RL stuff in this New Year! Take care!
A: Thank you!

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1174381#msg1174381
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2015, 10:26:54 pm »
that last question? where odii answered "thank you" was the best one. Thanks for asking it krzy!  ::)
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline Calambar

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1178029#msg1178029
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2015, 09:53:55 am »
Zawadx
Council Member
TO, CO and TrO (More Staff Titles than you)
PvP Giantslayer
Master of Team Events (War #8 and Brawl #3 winner)
Uncliched cool guy

Where does your username come from, and are there any other sites or games we might find you under the same name at?
My username comes from my real name, Zawad. I added an x at the end because I just love that letter. It's my username for pretty much anything, and it's what I use on Kong, Hearthstone, HexRPG.com and almost all other websites I'm on.

You seem to be the kind of guy that sticks to one avatar - or at least it hasn't been changed for a long time.  To an uninitiated eye, it appears to be a blue fire. Can you explain why you chose it and what it represents?
Yes, I'm usually not too worried about changing my avvie. To me, it's... blue fire. I chose it because it is a representation of something extra-sensual, something which goes against the standard norm. I feel like it shows a cold fire, which I often feel represents my mood.

Why are you scared of your own reflection?
To be frank, it's not so much of a fear as dislike/hatred. It actually creates the same reaction as fear, at least in this case. I believe the logical explanation is that I'm a bit too imaginative, and my reflection just doesn't live up to my standards :/

How did you discover Elements the Game?
Well, I had always had an affinity for Card Games in general; I've been playing with Playing Cards since I was 4 years old. This drew me at first to the Pokemon TCG which used to be pretty popular with the kids over here. So back in 2012, I'd discovered Pokemon TCG Online but was unsatisfied with it. So I searched for free online TCGs and CCGs, and stumbled upon Elements the Game :D I made a noob account back then which is long forgotten. But when I returned in 2013, I tried the forums and gained a lot of valuable experience here. I managed to overcome my noobiness after that.

Which starting deck did you choose, and do you still associate yourself with it?
My starting element was Aether, mainly because I loved how Aether as an element could bend the rules of the game through Immortality, Dim Shield, Psion etc. I've always loved bending the rules in real life. I also love how Aether represents the realm of Imagination, which is something quite dear to me. Game-wise, Aether is seriously strong. My first few grinders all used a significant aether component as it gave common upgrades (RoL/Hope, Psiontal). So yes, I still associate myself with Aether and will probably be Trialing for it as long as I can.

What are your current goals in Elements the Game?
My current goal in the game is to get to Trainer Edition. It would be nice to no longer have the hassle of grinding. PvP-wise, I want to become a Master and a Grandmaster one day. I hope to see myself as a top-tier pvper. I usually tend to get too emotionally attached to the game, so I also hope to fix that.

You are relatively new forum member, you registered to the forum on the 9th of December 2013. Your forum career is fast though. You are currently Tournament Organizer, Trial Overseer, Competition Organizer and newly elected member of the 9th Council. How did you got all of that within just one year?
Well, it was mostly enthusiasm I suppose. Trial Overseer was a position which I'd always wanted; the process of a normal member becoming the Master of an element seems amazing to me. So when applications opened up for Trials Overseer (fun fact: I always mistype Trials and Trails :P) I wrote an extremely detailed application detailing my plans for Trials. The then council almost unanimously appointed me, and you can see that plan has come to frution in the 8th Trials ;)

The other staff positions were simply jobs which i felt I could do well, and volunteered for. I do have some experience in Competitions and Council from another forum. I hope I have been meeting the expectations for there tasks :)

How do you manage to juggle those responsibilities?
Well it doesn't require that much effort. My active responsibilities, TO and CO just take a few minutes of attention on a few days. It takes me about half an hour to type up a tourney or a comp, and aside from that it's not really too time-consuming. Trials is quite time-consuming to organize, as it is really intricate and involve many meticulous decision. CCC really took much of the workload there, so I can't say I've ever been overloaded with duties. But that might change with the new council term though.

What is your favourite staff position and why?
I don't want to play favorites here, so they're all close to my heart. Trials is dear to me as it is my first staff position, and I'm often thinking of ways to improve Trials. But Tourneys and Comps keep me busy throughout the year, and they're a lot of fun to organize! I also get to work with a lot of amazing people in these positions, who've all helped me out a lot.

Do you have any plans how to improve forum as a Council Member that you're willing to share with the general public?
One of the things I intend to do as a Council Member is to increase the transparency of the staff. Many people are unaware of what the council does, and I want to try and see if I can fix that. We also have to work to save our dying community. Nothing's fixed in my mind on that yet, but I do hope that we can come up with something together. We'll definitely see some awesome stuff this term of council :D

In addition to holding so very many staff positions, you've also been a member of the winning team of the biggest team events in both PVP (War) and non-PVP (Brawl). Which event was better, Brawl #3 or War #8? Do you plan to participate in the next edition of these events?
Both events were awesome! And to be honest, my success in both came primarily from being selected in such amazing teams. Brawl was great because back then my PvP experience was limited. And writing is always fun. War features a meta which isn't seen anywhere else, one which I quite enjoyed. The mindgating and testing portion of war is something which I'm quite used to. So yes, I will be participating in the next editions of these events. Although for the duration of War #9 I'll have a few tests and exams, so I might have to skip out on that one.

You say you want to be a writer, and you put a lot of work into your writings for brawl. Would you share any of your writings from outside Elements the Game with us?
Sure! Here's a link to some recent work of mine. It's for a forum game of sorts which Emulates Quidditch which I play on a Harry Potter RPG website. Sadly I haven't really done much writing lately.. :/ But I do have some good pieces from a year ago here.

Thank you for the interview!
You're welcome! :)

nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

Offline Calambar

• Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1180964#msg1180964
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2015, 09:46:41 pm »

worldwideweb3
Council Member
Elements Leagues star
War Victor
All (world) around cool guy

Your name seems appropriate for use on the internet, but is there any reason in particular you chose it?
Nope, it is the same as my kong username. Come to think of it, it somewhat suits me as I am called the "internet" in my school.

How did you first discover Elements the Game?
Through kong. I was just browsing and found this game and it seemed really fun. Glad I continued with it.

What was your starter deck, and do you still associate yourself with that element?
Difficult to recall, but I believe it was mono dark and that was on the recommendation of afda/CR, iirc. Nowadays, I am more towards mono fire, but that might be because I play it more as it is very fast and has excellent control too.

What's been your most exciting moment in Elements play so far?
Winning war. What really helped was that our team had experienced players and we were probably the most active. But that will soon be replaced by something else  ;)

Congratulations on being part of the new council! What made you decide to apply for it?
Thanks fellow council member ;) I applied for council because I do have a lot of time and want to work for the community. Also, it will help in gaining experience.

Are there any staff titles you'd like to hold someday? 
If I believe that a title is best suited for me, I will apply. At the moment, I would avoid holding another staff title purely due to the amount of work in RL. In the ideal world, I would like to have TO,LO, Deck Helper and possibly PvP event manager.

If you could add any one new card to the game, what would it be?
This is a tough one because I rarely (never) visit CIA. IMO, life needs something as it lacks pc,cc, the creatures are weak (in terms of hp) and it is unable to stall effectively. There are so many cards in CIA that it is difficult to pick one, so I would like quite a lot of new cards to be added (hurry up, zanz)

Were there any members you especially looked up to when you first joined the community?
In terms of pvp, definitely Afda as he won BL, CL and WC around the time I joined community. Root is a really good pvper too as he spends a lot of time, doing the math, to improve the deck, even if it means by changing one card. I also look up to Spike and CCC for different reasons. I am probably missing a few members , so sorry if I missed you out!

Thank you very much for talking!
You're welcome!

Offline Calambar

Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1188670#msg1188670
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2015, 02:35:44 pm »

Krzysiekxd
1 million score holder
Newsletter Writer
Forum comic drawer
No one really special

This question never really goes out of style. What's the meaning behind your name and why did you pick it?
It has been already explained here. I picked it because I don't have to hide my real name ;)

Why is Light your favorite element? Do you plan on attempting to run for Trials of Light? If you win, would you lead as a general?
First of all, I think I need to clarify some things. The fact that I like Light element does not necessarily mean that Light decks are my favorite ones. I really prefer fast decks, with CC and PC, not healing stalls, especially in very slow PvP. On the other hand, I like Light as a theme because it represents my personality best. I try to avoid any dark or vicious things in real life and in games I usually play as a good character.

Unfortunately, I think I will never participate in any bigger forum events anymore. Real life keeps me busy enough. I seldom find an opportunity to play weekly tournaments. I have some free time at work, which is why I can handle drawing comics and making Newsletters. However, playing PvP is usually impossible for me there, where is why I hardly ever play PvP. So to answer your question, I don't plan to attempt Trials at this time.

What led you into picking up the Newsletter Writer position? Now that you have it, what do you think of it?

I like the Elements forums and I felt that I would like to give community something more from me. I tried to apply for Card Curator, but I was not chosen. Other positions didn't really apply to me. When they were looking for Newsletter writers, I knew that it would be something for me and I was almost sure I would be chosen since I sent the Council an almost ready Newsletter. ;) And I was right; I am still holding this position and I like making it. I hope the community also likes my and the other contributors' work.

How much do you enjoy working for the Newsletter? Isn't it too much stress each month? (Zawadx)
I really enjoy working on it ... when I have time at the end of the month. It becomes stressful indeed when it is days into the month that it is due, and I am still waiting for reviews or other parts of the Newsletter which others said that they would write. But usually I have everything on time and everything goes well. :)

You've displayed a lot of talent with the comics for the Newsletter. Have you done any art besides this forum, at any time? (Zawadx)
When I look at vrt's or andretimpa's works I can say it's talent. My comics are not really that difficult to make with a good software (I use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop). Unfortunately I don't make any art outside the forum, even though I know that I ought to. I should especially practice hand drawing, but I'm currently too lazy to even start. Nevertheless, I am glad that some of you like my comics. What I need every month is a good idea; this is the part which I personally hate. It irritates me when I don't have an idea and I know I that should have already started working on the comic if I want to make something good. So people please, think about something funny related to forum life and send it to me!

Is there any other position that you'd be interested in attempting to get?
The position I'm currently hilding keeps me busy enough, I don't plan to have any more staff positions. I like having a RL. ;)

Standard question, but seeing your participation in Brawl, do you prefer PvP or Competitions? What was your favorite PvP Event or Competition?
I don't really have time for either now, and it is difficult to choose which one I would prefer. I had fun playing some PvP events, for example Trials, even though the games were stressful. ;) When it comes to Competitions, I had a really fantastic time with Brawl #3, especially since my team won that 8). It's also memorable as I got married during Brawl and I'm still a happy husband. :D

What did you think of the most recent Brawl? Do you plan on participating in the next one?
Brawl #4 looked really fantastic, with some really good submissions and awesome arts.  Pity I couldn't manage to participate. As I mentioned earlier, I don't think I will be able to participate in next one either. Unfortunately, I have more and more duties, not less.

Your first anniversary was about a week ago, so belated congratulations! How is married life going for you? (Zawadx)
Thanks! As I mentioned earlier, I'm a happy husband. :) Living together is a way more interesting than living alone, and I recommend it for everyone. Get married folks. ;)

You probably get this a lot, but have you stopped farming ever since you achieved your 1 million score?
Well, in fact I could probably count on my one hand how many times I farmed after that. Even though I am still missing two unupped Shards of Divinity, I reached my ultimate goal. I received a 1 million score and then I lost motivation to play verses the computer anymore. I didn't buy anything during my crazy platinum league farming and I accumulated enough electrum that it turned out that I could upgrade six of each of the cards and still have more than 400K left over. So I guess there is no need to farm, except for those two missing unupped rare cards.

How did you score 1 million in one year? What element did you start off with and what were all the decks you used (against which opponents with each deck)? (anonymous forum member)
This has also already been explained here.

Are there any members who inspired you to grow, either as a PvPer or staffer?
I don't really remember anyone who inspired me to do anything here. I have some friends who helped me and others who are still helping, and I enjoy chatting with them. I liked talking with some Kongers (yes, I came from there), for example gomorycut. One of my best friends here is Submachine, but he left the forums and I really miss him. I also respect SpikeSpiegel, who helped me with bossing during Brawl #3. I like his "seriousness" in general. ;) Also big thanks for helpers with the Newsletter, especially J617 and theelkspeaks, and I can count on Dm and Zawadx when in a pinch.

On second thought I need to say that Brawl #3 inspired me to draw comics so I really need to thank Brawl #3 Brawlmasters Naesala and Chapuz for that first task. :)

Any advice for newer members?
Don't be rude, don't spam, and have respect for older forum members, then you'll be fine. :) And you all are always welcome here. :)

I think that is all we can ask for now. Any last words?
Thanks for the interview! I don't really feel that I deserved to be interviewed, but I did agree to it. Thank you Dm for suggesting it and interviewing me (especially you have officially left the forums). Also thanks Zawadx for that 3 extra questions, and thank to you, secret member, for a question.

My really last words in this inteview: Read our Newsletters and comics, and comment more folks! Comments really motivate us to work on them!

Offline Calambar

Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1191962#msg1191962
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2015, 01:09:55 pm »

Physsion
Trial Overseer
Manly Man
Great Guy
Has a Creepy Pair of Eyes

Where did your username come from?

Back in my early Kongregate days, before I came up with the username, I was talking to some friends online about a karate tournament I had just come back from. I placed 2nd in the 15-17yrs division, so was pretty proud of myself! The style of karate I did was called Fushin Ryu Karate, and as soon as I mentioned the name to my friend, he started referring to me as Fission. I took it up as my online name, and over the years it gradually developed into something more unique - Physsion is where it has ended up. Nothing overly deep or meaningful, but I like that my username still has a little bit of a story behind it.

When you first started playing Elements, what was your starter deck?  Is that still your favorite element?

Ironically, the starter deck I picked was actually Light. I liked the healing power I had, and even as a new player, I could tell that cards like Sanctuary and Miracle would be very powerful at all levels of the game. I was playing alone, so without any deck-building advice, I made a crude PVP deck with Photons, Luciferins, Hope, Sanctuaries and Golden Dragons. My first upgraded card was a Morning Glory. While I still respect the power of Light, and it will always be special to me as my first Element, my Elemental affinity has shifted to the power of Darkness, of which I am, of course, entering the 9th Trials for.

What's the most exciting thing about being a Trials Overseer?

Getting to make the Trials experience fun for everybody is an awesome opportunity to have. Zawadx and I have been working together closely as TrOs, and watching our event come together has been really exciting. I think my favourite part is watching people progress through their Phase 2 battles, tracking their progress, and knowing that one of them could soon be a Master of their favourite Element. I've never participated in Trials before, so it's equally exciting for me both as an Overseer and a challenger.

What's the worst part about being a Trials Overseer?

I can't really name a worst thing about being an Overseer! It's been a really fun experience so far, and I really enjoy being in charge of events like this. I guess the hardest thing for me, personally, is entering as an Overseer with no previous Trials experience. As such, I've had to read the rules for all the phases extremely carefully and extensively - while I'll jump at any opportunity to learn new things, I have to be careful not to mess up when I'm answering Trialists' questions!

You've mentioned before that you were a staffer or mod in other communities before this one - how has that shaped your experience here?

Yep, I'm a chat and forum moderator over at Kongregate, and I've previously held staff positions within a few Counter-Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2 and Garry's Mod communities. While I've moved on from those games now, learning the ins and outs of how a community forum works has been great experience for holding a staff position here.

Are there any other staff positions here you'd like to hold someday?

Sure! I was very close to applying for the Warmaster position for War #9, but I really want to participate in the event again this year. I'd definitely consider it for next War, though! If given the opportunity, I'd like to eventually apply for a seat on the Council.

Can you describe your excitement about the Darkness trial you're participating in?

I'm not sure if I can! The idea of possibly becoming the next Master of Darkness is incredibly exciting. Becoming the Master of an element has been an ultimate goal of mine since I joined the community, and it's almost overwhelming to think how close I am to achieving that dream. I'm gonna give it everything I've got, because it would make me proud beyond words to earn the Master title for my favourite Element.

What was your favorite moment in your Elements PVP career?

I'd like to say the entirety of War #8 has been the highlight of my PVP career thus far. I got to meet a lot of very skilled players, and was given the opportunity to learn from and duel alongside them. The War match I'm most proud of was probably my battle with pwconfirm of team Time - it was an extremely close game the whole way through, ending in a 3-2 victory for me. I had to change my tactics half way through the match in order to score a victory for team Entropy, leading to a very exciting finish.

Offline Calambar

Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1193362#msg1193362
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2015, 05:51:09 pm »
Spoiler for Outdated, saved for future use, don't delete please:
Hello all faithful, ocasional and new readers of Featured Community Member thread!

I would like to announce that a July interviewee is going to be War #8 winner RootRanger and you have the only chance to ask him a question!

To do so you have . Thanks for your contribution!

Please don't ask your questions here! Instead, send me PRIVATE MESSAGE.
(We don't want to make questions public before official release).

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to sligthly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual contect), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but send me questions! (Please title your message "Question for Root").

EDIT: Please also specify if you want your name next to the question or you want to be anonymous (not recommended though, don't ask questions you can be ashamed of :P).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 06:12:54 am by Krzysiekxd »

Offline Calambar

Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1195022#msg1195022
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2015, 10:00:11 am »

RootRanger
Community Veteran
PvP Pro-player
Forum expert
#4 and #8 War winner
ROBOT RAGER
Overall nice guy ^^

How did you discover Elements?

Since all the other games I liked to play had died, I looked around Kongregate for a new one. Fortunately, Elements has been far more resilient than most. It’s been five years since I joined, and people are still playing.

What was your original starter deck, and how have your feelings about that element changed since?

I don’t recall my starter deck, but I remember using a Mono Gravity against AI3 and T50. Light used to be my favorite element because it was what I used to win my first tournament, but I no longer have much of a favorite anymore. I like all 11 elements.

What was your most exciting moment in your Elements career?

My early tournament wins were exhilarating, because I was quickly making a name for myself. I’ve never really been able to recapture that excitement, both because the tournaments are smaller these days and I’m already known as a top player. Of course, I still enjoy being around here, hosting and playing in PvP Events and Forum Games.

What has changed the most about the community since you joined?

The quality of players has gone up a bit, but the quantity has dropped. PvP Events and Forum Games are just as popular as they’ve ever been, but participation in Tournaments has fallen considerably. There are significantly fewer posts, in almost every board. I also miss SG’s April Fools jokes.

To what do you attribute your team's success in the most recent War?

Fire’s decks are powerful and diverse, I’ve been saying it since 2011. The decks that beat Sancdial Firestall or Mono Fire are countered by Immolation or Grabbow, and vice versa. Fire is a case of too many good cards being packed into just one element.

What player or players do you look up to most?

TStar was the very best at Leagues and Tournaments, and he spent more time building and testing decks than anyone I’ve known. Outside of PvP, Scaredgirl deserves recognition as the “founding father” of the Elements community. 10 men, Gl1tch, and The Mormegil were phenomenal writers. In fact, Trenzalore was largely inspired by The Mormegil’s Falling Empire.

Why have you decided to re-join leagues this season?(jonathancrazyj)

I joined on a whim, really. I’ve been having a nice time, though.

-What's your deepest darkest secret?(CrockettRocket)

How much it means to me for ya’ll to appreciate my posts, and games, and events.

How did you get your forum username?(Kuroaitou)

Heh, this is a fun story. Back when I was 10, I was known as “ROBOT RAGER” on the “Robot Rage” forums. Somebody called me “ROOT RANGER,” and in a typical 10-year-old fashion, I got really mad and offended by it. As a result, a few players started calling me Root Ranger, despite my opposition. Eventually, the name caught on, and I too started using it.

Elements Mafia is a game where you're truly skilled at both scumtelling as well as strategizing (for any side really). Is there any advice you'd like to give out to novice/immediate Mafia players who want to participate and or host?(Kuroaitou)

If you’re playing in mafia, just read the rules. Oftentimes, a good strategy in one version of mafia is a bad strategy in another, because of differences in the rules. In the case of my Pokemon mafia, the civilians freely gave away their information to a mafia member who they thought was a civilian, ultimately causing their defeat. This strategy may have worked in another mafia with different rules, but not mine. As for hosts, I have just one piece of advice: implement both primary and secondary roles. Most of the players have a “vanilla” primary role (which allows the mafia members to claim to be vanilla), and secondary roles can go to either civilians or mafia members.

At the time of writing, you're in the top 3 in the current BL season, and have won numerous PvP Events. What do you attribute to your PvP success?(MeowMeowCat)

This is a question you should’ve asked me in late 2011, back when I was more successful! Anyways, I suppose I just have the right kind of mindset for strategy games. In the years before I started playing Elements, I was very much into Kongai, Stratego, and Competitive Pokemon. These games were all very different from Elements, but I still think they helped me learn overall strategy.

Tell us a lil about the 'good old days of the rainbros

Heh, the RainBros were more of a joke team than anything else, but the basic idea was that we would discuss how to win tournaments with rainbow decks. The team consisted of Legit, Onizuka, mrpaper, and myself. We competed in Team PvP #4, but since rainbows were banned, we did not do very well. Since then, the RainBros have been fairly quiet, but we would perhaps return to compete in a Team PvP or Guild War.

What card can :fire not live without?

No matter which card is remove, Fire will still be an above-average element because of all the strong cards it has: Phoenix, Deflagration, Fire Bolt, Fahrenheit, Immolation, Lava Golem, Rage Potion. If you remove just one of these, Fire still has many different strong decks. I suppose the card that Fire would least want to lose is Fire Bolt.

Is confidence a virtue or a flaw?

It depends on how you define confidence. If confidence is an overvaluation of one’s abilities, then it is a flaw. If confidence is an accurate evaluation of one’s abilities, then it is a virtue. I believe that generally people make the best decisions when they have the most accurate information available to them, even information about themselves.

blarg: ddevans96,justaburd,Blacksmith,Odii Odsen,Zawadx,worldwideweb3,Krzysiekxd,Submachine,SpikeSpiegel,J617,theelkspeaks,Dm,Naesala,Chapuz,Physsion,RootRanger