*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1056885#msg1056885
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2013, 06:36:38 am »
Quality over quantity.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1056893#msg1056893
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2013, 08:00:46 am »
Quality over quantity.
Quantity over absence.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Opsinis

Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1057086#msg1057086
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2013, 12:25:11 am »
ALRIGHT GET A MOVE ON ALREADY! Whose in charge of doing these? There should be 1 a week not 1 every monthish! NewsLetter Writers are. There is one every month. Once a week, in my opinion, is too much. If we do it too often, the prestige and/or excitement about being 1/12 people interviewed in a year would vanish.

I did one the fly one with Rutarete in chat. Took about 25-30 minutes and was fun for all involved. (If you want a transcript ask) If you need someone to do more interviews, hit me up. Please PM this to me and wiidgc (I want to see it).

I suggest at minimum, have the war generals all interview at least 1 person on their team for a start. We can get a whole years worth in two weeks. While that would be great, that's added responsibility to generals, and at the moment (though I haven't yet talked with wiidgc) we plan on conducting interviews ourselves.

"Quality > Quantity > Absence"    Sure, but there is no absence.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1057114#msg1057114
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2013, 01:33:58 am »
Also, if it was weekly, we'd run out of people to interview...

Offline blarp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1057213#msg1057213
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2013, 08:45:13 am »

Well we should interview more people than go inactive at least. It's a relatively renewable resource.

Also what are you talking about quality@other people? Are you saying that other people in the community aren't worthy interviewing? Or that it takes over a month to think of 10 good questions most of which are the same as the last time?

sure it may be more exciting if you're one of 12 people, but personally I'd rather be interviewed at all than wait for my turn 5 years from now.

By the way this is not meant to say you newsletter guys aren't doing a good job, it's just I don't think the number of featured members has turned out the way it was originally intended. Interviews are not posted in any particular order.  We will start with seasoned veterans and work our way down to newer members but post counts don't matter that much; what matters more is who we bump into in Chat or the forums.  Council will also try to add some members who are in the spotlight during that particular moment, for example being assigned a new forum job or title, or winning a PvP event.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:59:19 am by blarp »
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1057219#msg1057219
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2013, 09:24:31 am »
I think once per month is ok. I can understand Blarp and can also not wait to be interviewed in 2021, but a higher frequency would make it less interesting, both for the readers and for the person interviewed.

Offline blarp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1057222#msg1057222
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2013, 10:05:31 am »
I think once per month is ok. I can understand Blarp and can also not wait to be interviewed in 2021, but a higher frequency would make it less interesting, both for the readers and for the person interviewed.

I can understand the not feeling as special part, but seriously, get over it.

As for not being interesting that I don't understand. I think it's something you either enjoy reading or don't. If they start interviewing people whose history and opinions you don't care about at all, just don't read those. I don't mind if you do 1 really special person a month that's a larger extended interview if that's what's needed.

As neither Zanz nor the U.S. Congress is involved I'm perfectly confident that a better solution can be obtained :)
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1057286#msg1057286
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2013, 03:29:58 pm »
I actually like the idea of interviewing more people, even outside from 'the inner circle'. As blarp said, this is a like-it-or-not topic and I - for one - somewhat enjoy reading it; even if the infrequent posting somehow suggests peculiarity about the person in question - which I don't always agree with.

Staff members come and go like all other community members, and it's always nice to know a little more about each other.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Opsinis

Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1065630#msg1065630
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2013, 01:08:13 am »

Wizardcat
Chat Moderator
War Veteran
Forum Lurker

Q: There's usually always a story being everyone's username. What's yours?
A: I want to say something witty about 'usually always', but nothing comes to mind.

I've used Wizardcat pretty much since I was thirteen, or somewhere around there. I don't remember exactly. Wizardcat actually isn't the first username I've used, though, with a minor exception, it has been the only one I've used since adopting the username. I pretty much respond more quickly to Wizard than my name at this point. As for why I chose it, at the time of choosing, I pretty much only played mages, felines, or feline mages - I was very into the fantasy genre (And still am, I suppose) and I wanted to incorporate both of my favorite things (wizards and cats - I got creative, right?) into my username. 'Wizard' is an excellent word, anyway. I may have actually been influenced by the game Megaman Battle Network 4 - there's a part of the plot where you have to fill in the missing parts of a story about 'Wzdog' and 'Wzmonkey' - one of the wrong answers is 'Wzcat'. Wz is, presumably, the game's shortening of Wizard, thanks to a limited number of letters.

Q: Congratulations on your team's win in War! What was your favorite part of the whole thing?
A: Thank you. I think my favorite part of War is simply seeing what the other teams field and how each round, and the whole War itself, turns out. While I like the event and want to be a part of it, playing in it has gotten to be less than enjoyable for me. The actual PvP just doesn't appeal much to me anymore.  However, if there were to be available positions for new Warmasters for next War...

Q: How do you feel deuce22 did as the Aether General this War?
A: Aether wouldn't have won without him, I feel. He was a machine - he had ideas, tested decks, and just got everything done. Like I told him, it wasn't surprising he had won a War before.

Q: Penguins or Ostriches?
A: Penguins. This is me taking advantage of the fact that you did not ask why here. 

Q: Now you're a notoriously quiet individual, are you just shy or do you only speak when spoken to?
A: I'm merely an introverted individual who would rather not talk unless there is a reason to. 

Q: How did you find Elements?
A: Through Kongregate. I can't remember if it was because of the badges or because it was a card game. Perhaps both. 

Q: Has Darkness always been your preferred element? Do you ever foresee that changing?
A: It's been my preferred element in Elements ever since I tried my first Mono-Darkness. I like its theme, mechanics, and cards and while it's possible that either those or my tastes will change, which would influence my preferred element, I don't see this happening anytime in the near future. 

Q: Name one thing about yourself that nobody on the forum knows.
A: I suffer from clinical depression.

Q: If you had to make a decision to play only PvP or only be on the forum, which would you choose?
A:  Since the only time I play PvP in Elements is for forum-related events, this is an easy choice: the forum.

Q: How long have you been a fan of elements?
A: According to Kongregate, I got three of the four Elements badges on June 9th, 2010, so nearing three years, it looks like.

Q: What is your favorite deck? Why?
A: I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite, I think. There's quite a few to choose from. I tend to be fond of decks that use Voodoo Doll, though, even if I don't get to play them much since they're usually less than optimal. I love the way you can 'double dip' with certain cards with it, turning what is normally a negative effect alongside a positive one into two positive effects. Filling the opponent's hand with Dolls using Nightmare? Have fun trying to make use of them. Liquid Shadow is technically a 'triple dip' - you get vampirism, a poison counter, and damage out of it. Also, you're beating people up with dolls. It's an interesting mental image.

Q: How were you entrusted with the posting of War tables every round?
A: I asked a Warmaster if I could. They said I could. Maybe I'm trustworthy. Maybe it was because they wouldn't have to do it if I did.

It helps that I was very active and had done a good job of keeping War Auction spreadsheets up to date previously (which I also asked to do - maybe initiative pays off).

Q: What's so bad about the dogs of war?
A: Mostly that they aren't cats of war. It's just a quote I liked, taken from a M:tG card.

Q: You have won two tournaments this year. Do you have any tips on deckbuilding for weekly tournaments for those aspiring to win their first?
A: I don't consider myself any kind of expert when it comes to deckbuilding. If you, for some reason, still want to get advice from me on tournaments: Read the rules. Know what kind of decks are legal, try to predict what everyone else will be using. Consider all the cards you can use - restricted formats can make some a lot better than they normally would be. Have multiple decks. Don't be afraid to make changes as you advance.

And it never hurts to have lots of Nymphs others don't. :V

Q: Are you an actual cat?
A: The beauty of the internet is that you can never be exactly sure what or who I am regardless of how I answer this question.

Q: Any last words?
A: "Don't worry, guys, I've got this-"

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:33:07 pm by Opsinis »

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1065668#msg1065668
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2013, 03:15:43 am »

Well we should interview more people than go inactive at least. It's a relatively renewable resource.

Also what are you talking about quality@other people? Are you saying that other people in the community aren't worthy interviewing? Or that it takes over a month to think of 10 good questions most of which are the same as the last time?

sure it may be more exciting if you're one of 12 people, but personally I'd rather be interviewed at all than wait for my turn 5 years from now.

Interviews seem to basically just go to people with fancy colored usernames first. Not saying if it's a good thing or bad thing, but there's a lot more than just having a neat title to be worthy of something to the forum. As it is right now, it feels really elitist, favoring a few specific people. I'm glad to see it opening up a bit more and becoming more "alive." Interviews shouldn't be the same for everyone, it should change to fit the mood and individual.

Yes, I am bitter. I like to be honest so I will say what I really think. I'm jelly I'm not on here. You will not believe how much I wanted to be on here half a year ago, to be idolized or at least looked up to by the community. I've done many, many things in the community to try and capture the attentions of people. I've done BL, CL, trials, war, brawl, written wiki articles, made deck ideas, made card ideas, commented on card ideas, won competitions, and gave advice. I've even restarted the interviews starting with drake to get it up and running again. Was that a bit selfish of me? Perhaps, but when I did it I also wanted to shine a light for everyone, not just drake, but to every single member that they some day could be on the interviews, as a hope and goal. And what of me? Nothing. Sure, I've been mentioned every now and then but I feel I never really did get what I felt I deserved, someone perhaps nominating me for something because of what I've contributed. But that hardly matters now, my contributions are slowly disappearing with the passage of time and I lack the interest in EtG, it's been killed by slow progress, jealousy, and time. As much as I'd like to see myself on here, I'd much rather it go to someone else at this point, hopefully a promising new player that will help fill the many gaps and shortcomings that this forum, game, and community have.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1065750#msg1065750
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2013, 09:55:11 am »
A: "Don't worry, guys, I've got this-"
Hehe, charming. I've always enjoyed how active and trustworthy you've been, Wiz. Keep an eye out for the WM app topic :>
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Opsinis

Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1076084#msg1076084
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2013, 09:32:39 pm »

Hyroen
Member of 6th Council
Guildmaster
Card Desgin Veteran

Q: What's the story behind the name "Hyroen"?
A: In all honesty, I came up with the name Hyroen at a very young age, starting off from a very basic and easy game called AdventureQuest. At the time, I played the game because any computer at my disposal ran all animated games horribly slow and AdventureQuest had virtually Paint-like graphics, which to me was perfect. Ever since then I've had more of a conceptual appreciation for every game design, and graphics have always been a last priority. In a sense then, starting off on games with horrible graphics have always made me think of how to conceptually make a game better, allowing my designing skills to always be at their prime.

The name Hyroen has since then been my identity and I know I'll have a good day if I start a game where I can still choose that name.

Q:What is your real life goal?
A: My real life goal consists of a variety of different ones. I want to have a happy and healthy family, to continue my studies and work in my area, and to continue being a part of the great community that is Elements the Game.

Oh, and of course, world peace.

Q:What's it like to have few Canadian brethren on the forums?
A: It's great, eh! Though to be honest my few brethren are too far from me!! I hear cases where people have seen each other at the same university, or down the block, and yet some of my brethren are almost on the other side of the map!

I would definitely add to my list of "Real Life Goals" to convince a friend to not only join the forums, but to also get massively involved.

Q:What is your favorite .gif?
A: GIFFEHH.

Q:How did you get started playing elements?
A: I believe I started off as a Konger, as many others have. It's good to have a community on Kongregate because we can find some previous friends, current ones and even possibly future ones! Despite the fact that the Kongregate community is a diamond in the rough, we must remember that many of us have come from there and maintaining healthy ties with that community is important to the forum's success.

Q:What keeps you playing the game?
A: Elements the Game has become part of my life in a significant way, not so much because of the game but because of the community. I've already tried to leave and I couldn't and can't. To leave the game is to leave the community and to leave the community is to leave people I care about, and those who appreciate when I'm around and what I do.

Q:If you hadn't gotten into it, what hobby would occupy the time you spend on Elements instead?
A: I think if I hadn't gotten into Elements I would've gotten much more into either cooking or singing. I love both and to be honest, could imagine doing both for a living; being a Chef or a Musician.

Q:Do you sleep or you just pretend to?
A: This is a very good question. There's really only one way I can answer this question; I try to make each day more than 24 hours. Oh and I think my statistics speak for themselves.

Q:What False god is the hardest to beat?
A: I won't say he's the hardest, but I hate facing Osiris. Why? Because I expect him to be all straight-forward Pharaoh with Catapults and simple, so I can keep sniping him down, but out come the Shards of Focus. GLAAAAA.

Silly updates... False Gods with Shards? srsly.

Q:What's the best PvP event you've had/hosted at this forum? Or maybe the first PvP Event you've participated in?
A: To be honest, I'm not one of those names that you will see in many of the PvP Events. Why? I'm honestly not quite sure. I'm sure if I tried one out I'd get right into it, but the PvPing side of Elements is not one of my fortes and I don't pretend that it is. I have experience with the game, and have recorded lots of statistics with a few decks but I know that I'm always against many amazing strategists who have MtG background. It's always challenging.

Despite this, I always enjoy working with new people and being part of a team, which is why I was one of the first members of the :air Air Team in War 1. Yep, the very first War.

Q:What are the standards by which you judge things in this game?
A: I definitely judge things from a perspective of design. I analyze cards for their balance, unique mechanics, elemental thematics, and lastly the finer details such as name specificity, trope representation, and always consider the Grand List of Card Designs.

Q:Penguins or Ostriches?
A: Penguins all the way. They've always been my favourite animal. To me they embody dedication, loyalty and kinship. One love.

Q:If you had one deck to play Elements with for the rest of your existence what would it be?
A: :air / :light Stall with SoDs and Sanctuaries. Why? It's devastating and very difficult to counter. Not to mention that the potential to gain a lot of electrum is high.

Q:Favorite CIA card?
A: One of my favourite cards from the entire CI&A would have to be Thunderbird | Thunderbird by PhantomFox. Naturally I am happy with many of the card ideas that I've designed, however Thunderbird easily became one of my favourites because of the fact that it's a great card with great design that would be a great inclusion in the element of :air Air and would become one of the first times Permanent delaying would even be heard of.

I can be quite critical of Card Design, but this one example pulled off balance, thematics, and art very well. Oh, and if there's anyone that can pull PhantomFox back, please do so. Great card designers are hard to find.

Q:How's the Guild experience thus far?
A: The Guild experience has been great so far. Many people have their own take on Guilds and there are obviously still many kinks that need to be worked out, but it's great to know that Guilds can and will modify and adapt to what the people want. Guilds have great potential and as Guildmasters we will work to making that possibility come to fruition.

Q:Share with us one of n00b's many secrets.
A: To start off with, n00b is not as much of a noob as some may think. *wink*
Also, if you ever have to share Youtube history with him, just keep deleting it and don't -ever- look back.

xD

Q:What can we expect in the future for Guilds?
A: Well for one a new Guildmaster!! This will bring the number to 3 Guildmasters and I'm sure we'll have a blast working on this grand event. You can also expect nifty things such as changing backgrounds for GP costs, new Quests, more fluid mechanics and hopefully more integration between Guilds and other, larger events.

Q:What's your favorite thing about the Elements community?
A: The Elements community truly becomes a group of friends over time, not everyone will be your friend, nor your fan, but it is absolutely worth it for the few who appreciate you for who you are and it's a place where you can keep practicing your skills, whether it be strategy or creativity, and keep them at their prime for when they're needed elsewhere.

You won't know what you've got 'til it's gone, so hold on tight.

Q:What's the best advice you can give a newbie on being a forum member?
A: Whether you're a forum veteran or a forum newcomer, respect the rules, the community, and above all, yourself. Don't sell yourself short just because you have 30 posts. Participate in all that you want to and can; seize opportunities to do more. Get involved and learn about the community and Staff. Make friends.

Q:Tell us one of the newbie-est things you've done, how long ago or recent.
A: Not all may understand, but I feel like one of the newbie-est things I've done when I was a new forum member was to sell myself short. I would always feel more like someone in the way when asking questions rather than someone with a valid and valuable inquiry. I felt like my comments were a "meep" from a random person, when they were part of forum history.

From experience comes wisdom, which is why never selling yourself short and valuing yourself whether a forum veteran or newcomer is so important.

Q:Any last words?
A: Respect begets respect. Be yourself and you'll find those who appreciate you for who you are. Understand the difference between work and fun; let some slip both ways.

Love life.

Take some time to breath; cherish the :air Air of the moment.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:21:02 am by Opsinis »

anything
blarg: Wizardcat,Hyroen,PhantomFox