*Author

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1286646#msg1286646
« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2019, 07:25:24 pm »
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1286654#msg1286654
« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2019, 10:49:45 pm »
until roma doesn't bankrupt i can't be happy, it's something that goes over the sport; that's why soccer is cool, it's 33% sport, 33% memes, 33% real hate

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1286661#msg1286661
« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2019, 11:37:19 pm »
If there is something I don't like about team sports (especially football) is hate. OK, I can understand it, since I was an avid football fan
earlier, and there are such rivalries in Hungary, too (Ferencváros against Újpest). And I must admit as a kid I also regarded Újpest as an enemy,
and not just an opponent (never been a hooligan or ultra, lol). But the sheer amount of hate you can observe in some stadiums...
I just don't like it, nah. If these guys are so friggin' brave, they should seek out a military career.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
April 2019 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1286871#msg1286871
« Reply #315 on: March 11, 2019, 02:19:40 am »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

For the month of April, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community! Anyone who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year is eleigible to be nominated.

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will also be accepting Nominations for a staffing section to interview, this will hopefully add some more original fresh content to the Newletter and maybe we can gain a bit more transparency and understanding behind what goes into the making of the staff sections. Please nominate any staffing group form the forums that you like, and for a full list of what staffing groups and who are the staff members in that group please check out the Forum Staff Page.

This means you can send in up to a total of 2 nominations this month (One for an individual member, and one for a staffing group) Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the nominations that you have with the PM title "Nominations for Newsletter Interviews".

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewees to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:36:03 pm by InsignificantWeeaboo »
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

• Newsletter Writer
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
April 2019 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1286930#msg1286930
« Reply #316 on: March 14, 2019, 02:58:38 pm »
Greetings, readers (faithful/occasional/new/etc.) of the Featured Community Member thread!

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member and a Featured Community Staff Team; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA

• Newsletter Writer
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1287115#msg1287115
« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2019, 06:00:43 pm »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be
Wyand

also the admins (Accidentally modified instead of quoting)
This is your chance to ask them questions for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Interviews".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but please do send us questions! (Please title your message "Question for Interviews").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )
Please also remember that the Staff member questions are to be related to their staffing duties and the staff position, and not about their individual selves.

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:27:06 pm by InsignificantWeeaboo »

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1287552#msg1287552
« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2019, 06:32:22 pm »
The War 12 Entropy General
The RNG Meme of Elements
The Chemistry Teacher
The Dice Connoisseur
The All Around Great Guy
By popular demand we bring an exclusive interview with

Q. What is the best medication to take when affected by Wyand-level RNG? -Shockcannon
A. Playing with you, that resets my luck to at least normal level. ;-)
(Or playing War, that was a fantastic therapy to my RNG!)

Q. How did you find elements? -vagman13
A. The unexpected way. 2017, bored after Christmas. Google, "free fantasy card game". Rest is history. :-)
(Funny thing: I've never played MTG or such.)

Q. How do/did you feel about War 12? -vagman13
A. Elements is already a super-addictive game, but War makes it deadly on the addiction level. Just an example: watching football WC
is great, but participating... that's the real stuff.

Q. Now that entropy is out of war, how would you say you did as a general? will you be going for entropy master again? -JonathanCrazyJ
A. Much better than expected. I still have to improve as a leader, that's for sure. This experience meant so much to me, and if I'll be
General again, I can use this experience to make that improvement happen. I hope I'm able to reload my fuel cells until Trials.
I wish to face iancu (and other possible opponents) again.

Q. After War, the next event is usually Forum Brawl. Are you interested in participating? If so, what role would you like to take? -InsignificantWeeaboo
A. I think I have to skip Brawl. I'd love to participate but War took so much energy and time... Gotta care about my life. But it would be
lovely to participate as a writer. That's Log Keeper, right?

Q.What's it like working as a chemistry teacher? Do you like your class/classes? -InsignificantWeeaboo
A. I love teaching. Explaining stuff. Explaining in such a way that kids understand it and it creates more and more questions from them.
That's the best part. Many kids like to pose that they hate thinking and difficult subjects like physics and chemistry, but when they see
my enthusiasm after a while they just start asking such questions which can surprise me. Truth is kids love to think, ask around and learn
- it is the education system which makes them uniform. (Very, very long topic. Would love to continue.) Right now I work as a private
tutor and I miss working with full classes.

Q.What exactly do you like about Entropy? This can be either the real life phenomenon or the in-game element. -InsignificantWeeaboo
A. In-game: the countless variations. Improved Mutations, hell yeah! Making your opponent scratch his head where did I get that
Sky Blitz in a Mono Entropy deck. :-) Real life: not much to like in Entropy. Entropy will undo everything and everyone.
I just respect Entropy. The ultimate force of Nature.

Q. Since you are a Chemistry teacher, do you think you could make a variety of drugs like the Breaking Bad guy did? -MasterWalks
A. Official answer: no, heck, what?! Unofficial answer: laboratory is like a kitchen, and recipes for the synthesis of chemical
compounds are like a recipe for lasagne. Get quality ingredients, get quality equipment, get EXPERIENCE. Everything is possible.
(Kids don't do drugs. Elements is bad enough for your life. My favorite scene about drugs: https://youtu.be/tUxOdFJEDdg?t=76

Q. If you HAD to live anywhere else in the world besides Hungary, where would you live? -MasterWalks
A. Hmmm... hard to tell an exact country, so I answer the question my way. I love the small streets of Italy and Croatia
and the overall mood. I love that Prague is such a classical European city, a great counterpart of Budapest.
Iceland and New Zealand are exquisite places. A desolate tropical island would be good, too, but I fear my fair skin
wouldn't tolerate the constant bombing of the UV radiation. Japan would be fun - for a while. I couldn't accomodate to
their almost religious work ethics which is I think very detrimental to the health. I like the huge spaces in USA
- for me it seems there are places where you can hide from civilization but you can quickly go back anytime you wish.
These places seem very suitable for the amateur astronomer. :-)

Really can't tell an exact place. I just quote hainkarga's signature about a meritocratic technocracy. I would happily live in a place
where your overall merit's matter. I think I ask too much - my better half is a dreamer.

Q. You seem to like astronomy quite a bit, what is your opinion on colonizing Mars? Would you volunteer to go help colonize? -MasterWalks
A. I don't know if we'll see the colonization of Mars. Not sure it'll happen in our lifetime. I'm a bit skeptical. Yeah, SpaceX planning
a crewed flight in 2024... we'll see about it. Jokingly: yeah I'm ready to colonize, if there are enough 10/10 female colonizers. :D
Honestly: that would be a huge change in my boring life. Even moving to another country would be a big thing for me. Guess I would skip it.
I would miss Planet Earth. (Though it would be fantastic to see Earth from the space...)

Q. Is Entropy your favourite element? Why/why not -iancudorinmarian
A. Yes. I'm a chemistry teacher - that explains everything (for me). Started the game for the first time, saw Entropy,
instantly clicked on it. I'm hardly against the idea that Entropy is just about randomness and stuff (talking about the real life
thing), but that's what I like in the game about this Element. Improved Mutation, SoSe... they are making grinding much more tolerable!

Q. Do you plan on facing me again? If yes, do you think you will be more prepared this time? -iancudorinmarian
A. That's the plan. Right now I'm very exhausted, will have to take a break, and get my life back on track.
Since one year passed, and I had loads of PvP experiences, I think I will have better chances.

Q. Do you believe in the 6th place curse of Team Entropy now? -iancudorinmarian
A. Numbers can be funny, but I don't think it was a curse now. Unless we consider that a curse that I was quite unfocused
in later rounds, and made some mistakes. Without those mistakes 3rd-5th place would have been absolutely guaranteed.

Q. Are you going to grow some balls and use SoSe competitively? -iancudorinmarian
A. Used SoSe many times in tourneys. SoSe even won me matches. I love this card. Even the unupped one. :P
Played in it 12 Lives against rob77dp, and saved Entropy Mark thanks to it. But I just never had the opportunity the use
it frequently in other events. We had initially 6 SoSes in Vault, but poor things got discarded around r4. Transmuted 1 SoSe later,
to use it in one last time in grabbow, but vault discards almost always happened 10 mins before deadline, so it got discarded
in last round again. :(

Q. Do you truly believe in biased luck? -serprex
A. You mean that stupid forum post? Still that? :( After having constantly bad RNG in tourneys someone told me that maybe it is about
browsers. Instead of thinking I wanted to instantly ask ppl about it and wrote that stupid forum post.

But in a broader perspective... Since I'm a scientific fellow, I think things just even out in the long run, too bad our life is
short so we often experience something which we perceive as a long run of bad luck. Nature doesn't really care about the individual.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Q. Did you like being a general? -Vindilos
A. Yes and no. It was a dream coming through. When I arrived the community I was mesmerized by the many events
found in forums. Trials... World Championship... WAR! Many legendary players with lots of forum icons telling
the world that they are battle-hardened warriors. I considered being a General is the greatest prize. Reaching
such heights seemed impossible a year ago. That's the "yes" part. What I didn't enjoy that due to my lack of
experience War was a huge burden on my nerves. In this War I learned what can it be like being the manager of a
famous football team. Constant responsibility, thinking about possibilities all the time, having less sleep due to
being excited about a game played night/dawn in your timezone etc. (and waking up early just to check the forum for
scores).

Q. You have beaten fire every single time this war. Do you think they should have played more dusk mantles? -Vindilos
A. "We have beaten." We were ready to explode those pesky shields. :) But quoting one of my favorite video game character, hey shock:
Spoiler for Hidden:

Q. When will you give me back my lawn mower? -Vindilos
A. Yeah, after mowing you down in WC group stage, I should really give it back. ;-)
(Wait, what it if we meet later on...? OK, let's wait with that a bit!)

Q. Is there anything else you would like to add to this interview? -NLW
A. Thanks for the questions they were interesting! Discord is not op, just strong! :-)
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

• Newsletter Writer
May 2019 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1287595#msg1287595
« Reply #319 on: April 02, 2019, 10:15:54 pm »

For the month of May, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be decided ahead of time.

In the interests of getting the community more involved in featuring a community member, the newsletter is requesting nominations from the community! Anyone who is at least a Jr. Member and has been registered at least one year is eligible to be nominated.

Additionally, anyone who was last interviewed more than two years ago (see the quote in this post) is eligible while those interviewed more recently are not.

We will also be accepting Nominations for a staffing section to interview, this will hopefully add some more original fresh content to the Newletter and maybe we can gain a bit more transparency and understanding behind what goes into the making of the staff sections. Please nominate any staffing group form the forums that you like, and for a full list of what staffing groups and who are the staff members in that group please check out the Forum Staff Page.

This means you can send in up to a total of 2 nominations this month (One for an individual member, and one for a staffing group) Please feel free to PM the NLW team with the nominations that you have with the PM title "Nominations for Newsletter Interviews".

We will be accepting nominations for a few days (you have been late to this post), then having open polls for a few more, intending to leave approximately a week or so for questions and a week for the interviewees to respond.

Don't delay, nominate today!

• Newsletter Writer
May 2019 FCM Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1287845#msg1287845
« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2019, 07:47:53 pm »

We have a poll for next month's Featured Community Member and a Featured Community Staff Team; voting commences at once, forthwith!

If your name is up there because you were nominated but you would rather decline to participate, please contact a Newsletter Writer and we will keep your name up for bragging rights statistical purposes only.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:18:27 pm by InsignificantWeeaboo »

• Newsletter Writer
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1287974#msg1287974
« Reply #321 on: April 17, 2019, 10:26:20 pm »
For this upcoming month, the newsletter would like to announce that our interviewee will be
Linkcat
This is your chance to ask them questions for all the world to hear!

To do so you have no time remaining. Thanks in advance!

Please do not ask your questions here! All the questions will be made public and attributed at the time of release. To maintain secrecy until then, send the NLW a personal message instead, titled "Question for Interviews".

Please note that Newsletter writers have the right to slightly edit your question (in terms of grammar style etc., not the actual context), ignore it if they feel it is inappropriate or if they get too many questions (then they need to select the best ones).

Don't hesitate, but please do send us questions! (Please title your message "Question for Interviews").

If you would prefer your question/s to remain anonymous, please specify this in your message. (However, it may be best to not ask questions you could be ashamed of in the first place. ;) )

Well? Why haven't you started typing yet? Don't hesitate, ask today!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 02:42:19 pm by InsignificantWeeaboo »

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1287976#msg1287976
« Reply #322 on: April 17, 2019, 10:34:44 pm »
Ask me literally anything, and a lot of it.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

• Newsletter Writer
Re: Featured Community Member https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32039.msg1288321#msg1288321
« Reply #323 on: April 25, 2019, 07:41:06 pm »
Deadline has been extended by approximately 1 day. Make sure to get those questions in!

blarg: Wyand,Linkcat