*Author

Offline HigurashiTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117529#msg1117529
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:06:44 am »

This is where you should tell us what you think of the Council and Council system

The Council is a system that alleviates the workload for the Admin and simultaneously allows the rest of the community to influence forum decisions. If you have feedback on how the Council is doing, how it's selected and what principles it follows, post it here.

For instance, would you like more transparency on Council decisions or discussion? Would you mind if decisions took longer as a result of investing time in more transparency?

If you suspect somebody is slacking off like that one bald guy on the steps, don't post it here. Let us deal with it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:49:18 am by antiaverage »
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Champion of the Silences Torn.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117567#msg1117567
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 02:33:44 pm »
transparancy is almost always a good thing,
yet it may delay things to the point where nothing happens.

often a bad decision is better than no decision, as that causes the bad things from all options to happen.

more people thinking about something does mean there are more arguments for all options.

There is somewhere an optimal point of transparancy. I think the council can decide pretty good where that lies.
be quick- time is quanta.

Offline timetock

• Reputation Power: 12
  • timetock is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.timetock is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • wow much infinity wow
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117568#msg1117568
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 02:36:43 pm »
I trust the council to make the right decisions. I'll put my faith in the council, as they ARE carefully selected. I assume they ARE the qualified people they promised to be. So I'll trust in the council to decide what is best for us. I'll be fine in sacrificing a bit of transparency for quicker decisions. So long as the discussion is revealed to us upon request, of course.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:40:51 pm by timetock »

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117575#msg1117575
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 03:47:03 pm »
There should be reserve council members that step in whenever a staff member goes offline for a month or more unless he said he will have to. That would prevent what came here which is half of em leaving slowly and the others with a burden they don't want/can't take.  Also get new council members right away if there are no reserve members left.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117580#msg1117580
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 04:10:19 pm »
I sincerely have no idea of what the council does (besides taking the applications for staff positions). So I think some transparency is lacking, at least let us know what is being discussed.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117583#msg1117583
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 04:49:33 pm »
I sincerely have no idea of what the council does (besides taking the applications for staff positions). So I think some transparency is lacking, at least let us know what is being discussed.
Agreed.

Maybe have something like a newsletter position where someone is appointed to report on what happens in the council every month?

For example something like:

A topic that is stickied either in Announcements or the Council section.

This topic is only allowed to be posted in for updates on the Council's progress.
A separate topic for discussion should be stickied directly below.

The updates should be in a table format (I don't know how to do the forum table code so bare with me)
Each separate project should get its own row and should have a description of where it's at and what improvements have been(or are being) made to them. Each month a different table should be posted as a reply to the last post's table so that the community can compare and see what's changing in the community and just how the council's efforts(or lack thereof) are effecting the community.

Obviously this is my first idea and has room for improvement. For example maybe a table isn't right for this, maybe a different format is better!

edit: There could possibly be a row for Council Position changes as well as a row for Council Member of the Month.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 04:54:20 pm by TribalTrouble »

Offline HigurashiTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117584#msg1117584
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 04:52:21 pm »
We do have newsletters and newsletter writers. There's a staff position for it, and Council has stepped up to create the newsletters when the newsletter writers haven't been able to.

Regarding what the Council has done lately, there's not a problem of transparency: the problem is that they have almost only done staff hirings. This will be remedied once I get a new Council.

Nonetheless, I take it from this that the public wants regular updates on what the Council is working on.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117585#msg1117585
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 04:59:48 pm »
We do have newsletters and newsletter writers. There's a staff position for it, and Council has stepped up to create the newsletters when the newsletter writers haven't been able to.

I mean something where it is made specifically for showing the changes made by the council, showing exactly what the council is working on. Sort of a Newsletter specific to the Council and made such that the community understands that the Council is making progress on something rather than just hearing that 'Well X project finally finished, and we are proud to announce that it is starting up'. For Guilds we were just given hype and then a forum event that really just didn't work right. I don't know if this could've stopped Guilds from failing or if it would've just made Guilds fail faster than before, but the idea is to give an incentive for the Council to get things done as well as providing the community with the ability to see what the council is up to. We are improving the level of Council Awareness.

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117601#msg1117601
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 06:39:56 pm »

I mean something where it is made specifically for showing the changes made by the council, showing exactly what the council is working on. Sort of a Newsletter specific to the Council and made such that the community understands that the Council is making progress on something rather than just hearing that 'Well X project finally finished, and we are proud to announce that it is starting up'. For Guilds we were just given hype and then a forum event that really just didn't work right. I don't know if this could've stopped Guilds from failing or if it would've just made Guilds fail faster than before, but the idea is to give an incentive for the Council to get things done as well as providing the community with the ability to see what the council is up to. We are improving the level of Council Awareness.

I agree a tablet with all the decision the council make should be submitted somewhere. In the same way like the patches are.  So like:

Council 1
Spoiler for Hidden:
XXX changed 12/2 2010
xxxx was added 17/2 2010
Council 2
... etc etc

And preferingly make everyone in the council able to update this list to make council more flexible.

I'd like to add that the new council will work a bit differently which is explained in the application for the new council.

Further on I'd like the council to have it's own thread for suggestion and feedback instead of as it is now with the bug section. I think this could make the community more involved with it and create a more direct contact for council to look at the suggestion tablet.
Spoiler for how the current suggestion thread looks like.
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117617#msg1117617
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 08:30:53 pm »
First step to improvement is to make this very thread. Thank you, higs.

Now, for being transparent, from what i gather the problem is not that we dont know what council does, its that council doesnt do anything.

In my opinion, you should have a rule of X months or 2/3. Let me explain, The council will be disbanded after X months or when less than 2/3rd of the original council is active. Now, to give an amount of time  for council to stay, and an amount of time a person has to be away for it to be considered inactive.

*insert stupid rant about guilds failing here*

Right now I don't have much more to say, I'll reply again later on. Thanks again higs for making this thread.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117628#msg1117628
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 10:19:45 pm »
@Higurashi: How will the new council members be picked and how will the council "formation" be? i.e I've read there's at least 1 council member per big part of the forum, like PvP events and TO, will that remain?
I think it's important for the community if it's explained with all the details, so the community can give feedback on the method and you can finally adjust something if you consider it is necessary.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: Elements Council - General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53022.msg1117635#msg1117635
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 10:44:15 pm »
The council having no actual influence on the game itself, new events being suggested by the Event Organisers and the community voting for them, the same happening with pretty much every other aspect of the forum, I never really expected the council to do much more than appoint staff members for the various sections and tasks that arise on the forums and guarantee the smooth organisation of pvp and forum events.

So as long as things work, I don't really care to be kept up to date on who will be replaced by whom for whatever reason, regularly updating the staff members thread should fulfill that purpose anyway and I don't really see what else the council could achieve as I think most other aspects of the forum/chat seem to be decided and organised by the administrators and every aspect of the game depends solely on Zanzarino.

tl;dr:
I don't care who's on council, or how it's appointed/elected, as long as it works.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The bald guy on the steps isn't slacking off, he's at the heart of the council, reading something terribly important. The others are just waiting for him to be done so they'll finally get some guidance on what to do with themselves.

anything
blarg: