*Author

suxerz

Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg420654#msg420654
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 11:56:01 pm »
On top of this order, creatures and weapons with ability will attack first and then "activates" their ability. E.g: A Vampire will do the damage first and then heal you afterwards. Though this doesn't matter most of the time.
Although that holds for the ability Vampire (and many of other abilities), I'm afraid that it is not the case in general. Actually, some of creatures' abilities, as well as all of their statuses, are applied before their attack. For example, the ability Acceleration/Overdrive is applied before a creature's attack so that it deals more damage. Also, the passive ability Swarm which Scarabs have is also applied before each Scarab's attack, so a newly played Scarab does not bypass Gravity Shield.
For creatures' statuses it is natural to think so; one notable thing is that poison counters are also applied before attack. Thus a creature with 6 HP and 2 poison counters on it will bypass Gravity Shield, since the poison counters reduce its HP to 4 (under threshold) before its attack.
Ah yes, that's true. Totally forgot about acceleration. I didn't say anything about passive ability (or passive skill or whatever the name is) and status because I feel those are entirely different and didn't think it was necessary because it can get a lot more complicated.  ;)

With that said, I think it'll be interesting if the attack vs ability/skill/passive/status orders will be revealed somehow.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg1129249#msg1129249
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2014, 06:19:12 pm »
I can't see the images of this thread (I could a pair of months ago). Does anyone have the same trouble? If so, I may remake them (and add Spell damage status to the list)
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg1222908#msg1222908
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:19 pm »
Transformations
GraboidEvolves intoShrieker
Ashis Reborn intoPhoenix
Mummyis Reverse Time'd intoPharaoh
Fate Egg or mutantHatches intoa random creature
Any targeted creaturecan be Mutated intoa random creature
Where is Skeleton?[/td][/tr][/table]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:58:33 pm by Monox D. I-Fly »
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

blarg: