*Author

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg144346#msg144346
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 09:18:29 pm »
For the Poison/Purity counters, maybe you can put in Neurotoxin?
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline Dragoon1140

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • New to Elements
Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg144360#msg144360
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 09:29:46 pm »
Yea, a little late of a response but this is quite the interesting article.

Congratulations Smug, you win points in the game of life.
Else known as "JonTheBon"

I also make videos and stuff.

miniwally

Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg144405#msg144405
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 10:08:25 pm »
I think this should go on the wiki somewhere and be a featured article.

hrmmm

Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg144464#msg144464
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 11:15:07 pm »
very nice work, +karma smuglapse

this have to find the way into the wiki. or needs to be a closed! sticky.

hrhr, i imagine this
Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules)

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg144498#msg144498
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 12:37:11 am »
this is an awesome article.

do you mind posting this on the wiki, or giving permission to one of the wiki editors to do so?

EDIT : oh; miniwally already suggest it. but i think it deserves a status more than a featured article.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Nume

Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg144619#msg144619
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 04:14:13 am »
Very nicely done. I feel noobish for saying this, but I never realized the permanents had an order like creatures did. I knew the weapon was after SoGs, but I didnt realize its only after the first row of SoGs (I wondered what happened a few times where I thought i'd heal to full before weapon hit for EM but didnt). I also never knew the exact order of the creatures (I thought it had to do with when they were played rather than their positions) though I did know how to check their order manually :P. Very nice post with a lot of good information.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg144625#msg144625
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 04:34:37 am »
(*Wall of text crits Kuroaitou for 738921 damage. Kuroaitou dies*)

But no really, I read the entire article, and I'm just flabbergasted on how much effort you've put into this. :o Well done smuglapse! If this DOESN'T become a wiki-article for one reason or another, then I'm going to be even more shocked...

(P.S. - planning to add 'Steal'/Burrow/Heal to your Spells and Abilities list soon? :P)

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg144638#msg144638
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 05:05:37 am »
A slight wording suggestion: abilities are actually called skills, and there are two types: active and passive. Right now weapons only have one type of skill, active, and creatures have up to one active and two passive skills. Active is always the text under the icon, while passive is obviously the text under "passive skill". If you make the wording consistent under the Creatures & Permanents section like this, new players will have a firmer grasp of creature and permanent mechanics.

Scaredgirl

Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg144689#msg144689
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 07:45:36 am »
this is an awesome article.

do you mind posting this on the wiki, or giving permission to one of the wiki editors to do so?
Here's the problem we've been having quite some time now.

We have some identical information in both the forums and wiki. What makes it difficult is that every time we update something, we have to do that in two places, doubling the effort. Most of the time the data gets updated in one place, and not updated in the other which makes it even worse.

I think with every article/post we should either posted on wiki or posted here. Doesn't make much sense to put the same exact thing in both. A simple link would work better than typing everything twice.

CB!

Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg144840#msg144840
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 02:36:03 pm »
Wow... very nicely done...

smuglapse

Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg145005#msg145005
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 08:21:54 pm »
Updated the order of actions pic to include a reserved slots legend.

I think with every article/post we should either posted on wiki or posted here. Doesn't make much sense to put the same exact thing in both. A simple link would work better than typing everything twice.
For the list of abilities I included a link to the appropriate Wiki page.  No sense reinventing the wheel.  If the list of passive skills gets any bigger I may do the same for that.

A slight wording suggestion: abilities are actually called skills, and there are two types: active and passive. Right now weapons only have one type of skill, active, and creatures have up to one active and two passive skills. Active is always the text under the icon, while passive is obviously the text under "passive skill". If you make the wording consistent under the Creatures & Permanents section like this, new players will have a firmer grasp of creature and permanent mechanics.
The terms skill and ability are pretty much interchangeable so I'm cool with making those changes.
Here are the problems I have with active vs. passive:
  • Passive skills are clearly documented in game.  Is there an in-game source for the term "active skill"?  One can assume since they are opposites that that would be the proper term, but is it?
  • The term active is misleading.  I have divided the "active skills' into 'manually activated' and 'automatically triggered'.  Anyone taking the literal definition of passive would think that certain "active skills" are passive: air, light, fire, earth, scavenger, phoenix.  Just compare the devourer passive skill with a RoL's "active" skill.  Without knowledge of the info box, one could easily make the mistake that they are both passive.
I suggest that the term active be replaced with primary.  It doesn't have the same implication on mechanics that active does.  Primary skills can be further divided into activated (or manual) and automatic.  Those terms specifically avoid confusion with passive.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Game Mechanics (i.e. The Expanded Rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11691.msg145162#msg145162
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 11:36:17 pm »
Further detail: Mutants

Any targeted creature can be Mutated into -- a random Mutant.

Mutants (and Fate Eggs) can become any creature except  Chimera, Fate Egg, Devonian Dragon, Scarab, and Immortal.

Mutants get the benefit of a single Chaos Power in addition to their normal stats, and they gain a random skill (I don't have the list handy) with an activation cost (if relevant) of 1 or 2 quanta of the creature's element.

If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

blarg: