*Author

Offline zhangvict

• Reputation Power: 6
  • zhangvict is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • For Gondor!
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg469742#msg469742
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 04:48:40 pm »
I personally think the cost of summoning should be changed from  :earth to  :rainbow. Rewind still kills this becasue you ususally cannot get 8 :earth to recast when using quantum towers/nova
No, that's the POINT of Shard of Integrity - to have an influence by :earth. By having available :earth quanta or even an :earth mark, you can replay that same shard golem eventually due to SoI's elemental character. If the Shard Golem only required any type of quanta, then it wouldn't make sense to make the Shard of Integrity 'Earth's' shard, as it would essentially affect all of the elements equally (which is bad), and the name would be off as well (Golem = Earth, why call it Integrity when you can 'cheat' and use whatever quanta you like to summon the golem again?).
Yes, it would reduce the SoI's alliance with  :earth, but I thought having creature abilities cost in  :earth was enough. After alll, just look at some shards like SoSe, SoF, SoD and even SoSac. Their alliance with their respective elements aren't that great. SoI's alliance with  :earth seems too strong to me and needs more  :rainbow. Just having the creautre cost  :earth is already very aligned enough because the creature abilities of golem are probably the best bits of SoI.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg469744#msg469744
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 04:54:40 pm »
Isn't it 0-6 other shards and 1-6 earth shards?
No. It is possible to have 8 Earth shards or 1 Earth shard and 7 of another shard in your hand. However achieving 7 or 8 of a kind is difficult.
I can be done in a few ways
1) Import AI deck  in the trainer
2) Dexterity (Arena)
3) Shard of Focus + Creature card creation (Rewinding usually involved)
4) Mindgate vs a Shard using opponent.

1 + 4 was how I tested combinations during the investigation.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg469765#msg469765
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 05:55:46 pm »
Ah, right. Still, the only serious (PvP is possible, but you'd have to set it up, and I'm not counting fun duels) in-game possibility when it comes out would be Arena, and including mindgates in an otherwise mono-shard/SoI based deck wouldn't be worth it in effectiveness, so its still practically 6 shards of each, though it is technically possible to have up to 7/8.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline zhangvict

• Reputation Power: 6
  • zhangvict is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • For Gondor!
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg469768#msg469768
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 05:59:45 pm »
Ah, right. Still, the only serious (PvP is possible, but you'd have to set it up, and I'm not counting fun duels) in-game possibility when it comes out would be Arena, and including mindgates in an otherwise mono-shard/SoI based deck wouldn't be worth it in effectiveness, so its still practically 6 shards of each, though it is technically possible to have up to 7/8.
It would be a pain to get the AI to play the shards strategically. They ay just play random shards before SoI and use them up. Also AI dosen't know when to SoB to get more shards, when to SoR for free golem skills and when to just SoI to get a golem with deja vu etc.

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg469847#msg469847
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 09:24:24 pm »
Hmmmm, Fractal anyone?

Also, really looks more powerful than a nymph like to me, OldTrees.

Edit: oh, wait, it can still have Mitosis? lol, this can be interesting.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg469860#msg469860
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 09:58:26 pm »
it can, but its difficult to get.  i dont disagree that this is more powerful, and easier to obtain, than nymphs, in most cases.

and at a cost of 8 earth, this is less of an issue with fractal than it was with a cost of 5 earth, though it is still a bit lower than fractal dragons or something of the sort.
moose dont say moo.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg469899#msg469899
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 11:12:50 pm »
Hmmmm, Fractal anyone?

Zanz starts cards in the In Development as overpowered. However this will be a good test to see if I am undervaluing card costs or if Shard Golem is overpowered. Both might be the case.
(I am still waiting with my open invitation for anyone to make the 3rd generation of card cost theory)
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

silux

Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg469914#msg469914
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 11:59:00 pm »
There are some combo that are actually useful and other not.
Just keep shards combo above common cards combo.
I'm not so much excited about shards farming but three or four shards combo are likely to work and be playable.

However i'm quite puzzled by using 4 cards to pull out 'free' an equivalent 2 card combo, in a game where the biggest issue is to have the cards in hand.
Some Shards may also combine in spells with good effects like a free fractal or a miracle without quanta drain...

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg470142#msg470142
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 06:52:56 pm »
Shard of Bravery refills your hand as required. Not ideal since it helps the opponent too but still.

Offline Picheleiro

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Picheleiro is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Engrish scholar
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg470374#msg470374
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 10:28:06 am »
Hmmmm, Fractal anyone?

Zanz starts cards in the In Development as overpowered. However this will be a good test to see if I am undervaluing card costs or if Shard Golem is overpowered. Both might be the case.
(I am still waiting with my open invitation for anyone to make the 3rd generation of card cost theory)

Well, let´s speak clear. When you use the shard the game saves the stats of the new golem and then uses for every golem until you play the shard again. Does we get it? Or do it has rules like "only one golem for player" or something like that?

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg470377#msg470377
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 11:24:27 am »
Hmmmm, Fractal anyone?

Well, let´s speak clear. When you use the shard the game saves the stats of the new golem and then uses for every golem until you play the shard again. Does we get it? Or do it has rules like "only one golem for player" or something like that?
You can have multiple golems. I have only tested getting them from Shards of Integrity and the mitosis from the 6-7 Shards of Gratitude.

Offline FlareGlutox

• Reputation Power: 4
  • FlareGlutox is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • My ingame name is actually Glutox.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37359.msg470509#msg470509
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 08:58:55 pm »
Hmmmm, Fractal anyone?

I tried to make a deck using fractal golems here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,37361.0.html), but that was when the cost was still 5 :earth. The deck could use some major tweaks now...
Not sure if the quanta balance can be done that easily with a cost of 8 :earth.
<epic signature here>

blarg: