*Author

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Antlion | Elite Antlion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2386.msg1230578#msg1230578
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 11:56:40 pm »
I bet it's not a 2|3 Graboid, though, like the normal one.
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline Sera

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Sera hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 1st Place
Re: Antlion | Elite Antlion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2386.msg1230701#msg1230701
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2016, 04:39:14 pm »
Graboid's burrow is a passive, so it should still remain burrowed even if it came from a mutation. Like Devourer.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Antlion | Elite Antlion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2386.msg1230702#msg1230702
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 04:42:29 pm »
Graboid's burrow is a passive, so it should still remain burrowed even if it came from a mutation. Like Devourer.
If your graboid gets "burrow", you can burrow it and then unburrow it. It looks really weird x)

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Antlion | Elite Antlion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2386.msg1230705#msg1230705
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2016, 05:04:35 pm »

Huh? Isn't Devourer's burrow an active skill?
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Antlion | Elite Antlion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2386.msg1230710#msg1230710
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2016, 05:55:25 pm »
Not gonna lie, this seems like a very weak non-auto-burrowed creature.  While its DPS can be great for an immune creature, its card-per damage ratio seems very weak.
Actually the upped version is pretty good. The problem with antlion is that it's overshadowed in earth by boids, wardens and golems. If it wouldn't be for the competition most people would play and like ants.
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline Sera

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Sera hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 1st Place
Re: Antlion | Elite Antlion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2386.msg1230750#msg1230750
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2016, 02:23:59 am »
If your graboid gets "burrow", you can burrow it and then unburrow it. It looks really weird x)
Gotta try more to see one of those, then!
Devourer as in the passive, which gives even mutated Devourers the ability to steal quanta.

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

Re: Antlion | Elite Antlion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2386.msg1230757#msg1230757
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 04:08:56 am »
Devourer as in the passive, which gives even mutated Devourers the ability to steal quanta.

Oops, sorry. I thought you meant Devourer's burrowing skill. It's making me dizzy, especially since Devourer cannot Devour.

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Antlion | Elite Antlion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2386.msg1256395#msg1256395
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 06:31:14 am »
Fun times with antlions: burrowed creatures still get +2 attack per turn from Shards of Patience, which then get doubled when they unburrow. The delaying effect from SoP means their attack strength is irrelevant until you blow your SoP and unburrow, so basically antlions are getting +4/+2 from SoP with no actual drawbacks (other than the :earth activation cost.)

You can do the same thing with shriekers, but SoP strategies benefit from spamming small critters and antlions have an advantage there even compared to evolving graboids (also, graboids cannot manually unburrow and don't carry over modified stats when they evolve, so if you play an antlion it gets 1 extra turn of SoP boost that you wouldn't get if you played a graboid and evolved it. Since 1 extra turn means an extra +4 attack for the antlion, this means the antlion will be hitting almost as hard as the shrieker!)

(As an added bonus, gemfinders and wardens also synergize very, very well with SoP so you can put together a good mix of micro :earth spam.)
Just realiesd this would be one of the few decks where trident is viable :)
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Antlion | Elite Antlion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2386.msg1256396#msg1256396
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 06:58:29 am »

Trident/BB is one of Water's strongest shardless decks, plus it's viable in other decks in many metagames, both unupped and upped and both sharded and shardless
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Antlion | Elite Antlion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2386.msg1256399#msg1256399
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 08:31:39 am »

Trident/BB is one of Water's strongest shardless decks, plus it's viable in other decks in many metagames, both unupped and upped and both sharded and shardless

Trident is still the least used weapon in serious pvp and arena decks. It's nice to see new synergies that allow for it to be useful
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

blarg: